Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next team to blow up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Next team to blow up?

can i get this turned into a poll with my 3 top picks : Shels ,Kildare County or Longford Town

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Care to share your reasons as to why you think these clubs will go bust ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Indeed would be interesting to hear.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    We are one of the few clubs to have made a profit last year. Give the "Kildare County FC might well go bust" thing a break folks!

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Finn Harps are close top the edge. Players are being asked to take 50% pay cut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Why has everyone suddenly got jittery nerves that clubs are about to keel over left, right and centre just bgecause Dublin City has gone tits up ??

Dublin City was always going to go belly-up ! It was a club with no assets spending wildly beyond it's means in a futile search for success, and with no support base to help it out through the difficult times. No other club in the league has that same killer combination of negative factors that make disaster so guaranteed.

So why are other clubs about to go out of business right now ? Shels are actually spending less this season than they ahve in previous years, so why are they more likely to go bust now, for example, than they were 2 years ago ? Or than they were earlier this year when they had the winding-up order ?

Longford have a big asset in Flancare Park, and despite small attendnaces there is a lot of good will towards the club and they are not going mad with their money. So why the feck would they go out of business right now ?

People need to catch themselves on and stop getting the jitters. Dublin City was a failure waiitng to happen. Thei collapse doesn't say anything about our league that we didn't already know, and it doesn't change anything either. It is not a harpinger of broader doom within the EL.

EL clubs have strugled through thick and thin for decdes now. It's been over 20 years since the loss of any club was a surprise. I can't see why that's suddenly going to change now.
    Last edited by dcfcsteve; 21/07/2006 at 5:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Harps,Waterford and Kilkenny are struggling i'd say.

How the hell did Kildare make a profit last year?What did yee make a profit on?
    Yee finished nowhere in the league,get 200 at most home games....how did yee make a profit?
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I'd be surprised if Waterford are in danger. They're spending next to nothing on the team this year and don't seem to have much debt. I doubt Kilkenny are spending above their means either tbh.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    How the hell did Kildare make a profit last year?What did yee make a profit on?
    Yee finished nowhere in the league,get 200 at most home games....how did yee make a profit?
    Probably won a few bob on the horses!
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die
    Finn Harps are close top the edge. Players are being asked to take 50% pay cut
    Wrong and wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Wrong and wrong.
    Only seen that article on another forum. Seems yees are gettin everythin sorted. Good to hear but as stated in the article, there needs to be a commercial manager and full-time directors. Any news on when ye are moving to stranorlar? Only quickly scanned over article didnt c anythin on new ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die
    Only seen that article on another forum. Seems yees are gettin everythin sorted. Good to hear but as stated in the article, there needs to be a commercial manager and full-time directors. Any news on when ye are moving to stranorlar? Only quickly scanned over article didnt c anythin on new ground
    Sorry mate. Whopper of a hangover.

The players aren't taking a wage cut. It is more of a defferal. They will get whatever is owed to them at the end of the season.

Everyone has been paid up until now and we're still out of debt. We will probably have to let players go though. If we don't, we will be in quite a bit of debt come the end of the season so we'll just have to bite the bullet.

The crowds are down 80% which has been the killer, mainly because we've been very poor. Gorman isn't doing it for us. We are playing sh!te though we have a few decent young players.

The new ground is a definite. All looking good on that front thank Jesus.They are negotiating with a few different developers at the minute to get the best deal they can on Finn Park and new site and planning permission already secured.

It has been a tough and horrible season but hopefully we'll come back stronger for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I feel the clubs above are in touble for one reason . football is a spectator sport. they dont have any! Thats it, Good Will and every thing else wont last for ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Sorry mate. Whopper of a hangover.

The players aren't taking a wage cut. It is more of a defferal. They will get whatever is owed to them at the end of the season.

Everyone has been paid up until now and we're still out of debt. We will probably have to let players go though. If we don't, we will be in quite a bit of debt come the end of the season so we'll just have to bite the bullet.

The crowds are down 80% which has been the killer, mainly because we've been very poor. Gorman isn't doing it for us. We are playing sh!te though we have a few decent young players.

The new ground is a definite. All looking good on that front thank Jesus.They are negotiating with a few different developers at the minute to get the best deal they can on Finn Park and new site and planning permission already secured.

It has been a tough and horrible season but hopefully we'll come back stronger for it.
    Good stuff! I alwys thought ye were taking a chance on Gorman. In sayin that I wud prefer him to Felix Healy. Hopefully ye move to that new ground pretty soon. Finn Park isnt exactly Nou Camp!!

I am suprised Gorman hasnt made a move for Eamon Doherty or Mark McChrystal. They are two quality players and if you got rid of half the ****e in your squad, then these two players wud improve ur squad considerably.

Oh an i hope ye are invited to the new league so we can collect our annual 9 points a season.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    MArk is staying put for time being as Oman and Delaney got themselves injured again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly
    We are one of the few clubs to have made a profit last year. Give the "Kildare County FC might well go bust" thing a break folks!

Its not a case of Kildare County going bust, there are rumours doing the rounds that Kildare County are going to stop trading basically because those involved see no future for the club.

This could all be bull**** but my source on this is the same person who told me about Cork's winding up order [about which I was correct despite several denials on here from some langers], Dublin City going to the wall [I was told on Tuesday, it happened on Wednesday although I was asked not to post on any MB] and also got tipped off about the groundshare talks between Bohs and Shels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Well if Kildare do fold then wud there be any point in bringing two other teams into the league? I'm not saying i want kildare to fold but it wud make both leagues 10 teams each. Also cud someone tell me who is goin to be in this Championship division along with the premier, first and u21's?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "How the hell did Kildare make a profit last year?What did yee make a profit on?
    Yee finished nowhere in the league,get 200 at most home games....how did yee make a profit"

We made a profit last year because we lost so much in the previous years following the usual Eircom League bull**** approach to getting success, ie: buying it. We almost got promoted, but didnt. So, last year we decided to cut right back and live within our means. This might not get us the best team in the country. It simply means that we have a team full stop. This might mean an initial drop in attendences, which is unfortuunate. But this is a long term thing, and those attendences will rise again. Believe me when I say that our figures cant be much worse then other teams that are decades older then us. There are also now three Kildare locals in the starting eleven, which is another positive step forward, and the team has finally started to win again...about time

We also have probably the best single fund raiser in the league with the five month draw. Half of this money goes to the club ( less the expenses of the prizes) and half goes to the teams and clubs that sell them. Meaning that they get a lot of money for nothing. And we get literally thousands of tickets sold all over the country by football clubs, GAA clubs, rowing clubs, step dancing, pitch and put etc, etc,etc, because its a no brainer for them.

If your team wants to join the bandwagon and make some easy money for next season, then feel free to PM me, tickets for the this years draw will be available in two weeks. Which means that we will be here next season, so no more writing off one of the few profitable teams in the country. We are no Dublin City, we have supporters, and a future.

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here, Here!

Shels to go next IMO, Kildare County safe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    On the way out of Tolka some **** tapped me on the shoulder and gave me a "bang bang" gesture and said "Dublin City are gone, you're going soon too, UCD".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast