Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next team to blow up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Idiotic thread that should be removed/ closed...

Poor Student, we do have idiots in tolka as everywhere else, obviously doesn't realise that its a bit too close to home to say something like that! Where was it? Was he old/ young???
    Sitting pretty!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Good sales technique Dapman! And as for the County board just stopping the club, that isn't very likely at all.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Can anyone really tell me how in the name of jaysus Shels could go bust ??

Does anyone understand the circumstances of the Dublin City fold and how would you link that in with what Shels are doing.

The two might be throwing money away in the hope of success but they are coming from different positions.

If Shels do run into trouble it will probably result in a mass clearout of players and some time in the wilderness but I dont see any bust type senario at all.

Can anyone even tell me how much debt Shels are in ??
    I doubt any of you can.

Shels ability to meet the debts are far greater than most teams in the league and worst case for us would be to cut back on the wages and clear everyone out.

Shels struggle to meet the cost of the wages but whats that got to do with going bust unless theres is massive debts and no money on the way, and thats not the case.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins

Does anyone understand the circumstances of the Dublin City fold and how would you link that in with what Shels are doing.

The two might be throwing money away in the hope of success but they are coming from different positions.

If Shels do run into trouble it will probably result in a mass clearout of players and some time in the wilderness but I dont see any bust type senario at all.

I doubt any of you can.

Shels ability to meet the debts are far greater than most teams in the league and worst case for us would be to cut back on the wages and clear everyone out.

Shels struggle to meet the cost of the wages but whats that got to do with going bust unless theres is massive debts and no money on the way, and thats not the case.

Higgins

1. Shels are not paying wages every week.

2. Shels owe players and backroom staff some serious amounts of money.

3. Shels paid off the revenue from a loan from the developer who has the rights to the lease on Tolka

4. Shels will end up with **** all from that lease when you leave Tolka as Shels have been getting lump sums from the developer over the last few years

5. If Shels go to Santry as tenants, they wont have a lease to sell, or a freehold.

There are a few clubs in this league in seriosu trouble right now. Those who own freeholds on stadiums are the only ones that are safe. UCD are also secure because of the set up they have there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I only blowing up of Shels will be against the opposition on the pitch cos we are explosive at the moment. Roll on Sligo Rovers!!
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die
    I am suprised Gorman hasnt made a move for Eamon Doherty or Mark McChrystal. They are two quality players and if you got rid of half the ****e in your squad, then these two players wud improve ur squad considerably.
    As far as I know both players were approached, but turned us down. Similar story with Paddy Mc Laughlin
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    As far as I know both players were approached, but turned us down. Similar story with Paddy Mc Laughlin
    I'm very suprised if Doherty turned ye down, hasnt got a look in this season and fell out with SK. Also being good friends with Gorman i thought he wud have went. As for McChrystal and McLaughlin, they prob want move to IL.
    Havnt heard harps linked with any players this window and the transfer market has all of a sudden gone quiet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Pats will have gone nearly 3 months during the season without a home game due to world cups, postponements and dublin city.

Should add us to the list, stark times ahead

kdjac

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC
    Pats will have gone nearly 3 months during the season without a home game due to world cups, postponements and dublin city.

Should add us to the list, stark times ahead

kdjac

Pats played Bohs at home 8 days ago and played 3 other home league games in the past 2 months
    Last edited by bohs til i die; 22/07/2006 at 6:00 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Chatted with a KCFC board member. Things are looking up, not down. So stop listing us as possible drop-outs folks! We'll be trashing ye lot before long . . .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohs til i die
    Pats played Bohs at home 8 days ago and played 3 other home league games in the past 2 months

Where did i say in a row? Its 2 6 week gaps.

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I demand my pound of flesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red
    Poor Student, we do have idiots in tolka as everywhere else, obviously doesn't realise that its a bit too close to home to say something like that! Where was it? Was he old/ young???
    Middle aged, Ballybough. You gonna sort him out for me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt any of you can.

dodge had a word with me about the reply i want to make here, so i wont.

but you all know what i would have said to the above ostrich excercise.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I doubt any of you can.

Dublin City signed a player 10 days before folding. They never failed to pay their players on time. You're always so smug about the players not leaving on a free and always toss about the line about cutting back the squad if you get into serious trouble. Dublin City never cut back the squad and kept going and they showed less of a sign of trouble than you did. Just because you're not taking the prudent course of action, it does not mean you're not in serious trouble.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohs til i die
    Higgins

1. Shels are not paying wages every week.

2. Shels owe players and backroom staff some serious amounts of money.

3. Shels paid off the revenue from a loan from the developer who has the rights to the lease on Tolka

4. Shels will end up with **** all from that lease when you leave Tolka as Shels have been getting lump sums from the developer over the last few years

5. If Shels go to Santry as tenants, they wont have a lease to sell, or a freehold.

There are a few clubs in this league in seriosu trouble right now. Those who own freeholds on stadiums are the only ones that are safe. UCD are also secure because of the set up they have there.
    Yeah as I said !!

Dublin City and Shels are two different stories and nobody has yet to put down any reason that will see shels quit the league.

You can point out things all night that are wrong at Shels. I have as big a list if not bigger then all of you but I dont see where we are on the list to go bust.

Also your post contains some lies as do one or two others. Im not interested in debating what shels do right or wrong. The question was who will fold next and Im telling you it wont be Shels.
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    while i think shels aren;t going anywhere, there are far more parrallels than you seem to think.

no stadium, heavy debt, no affinity to any area, a meglomaniac owner, a small and compliant fan base.

at least CHF had a plan, shels are just stumbling along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiesdrogs
    maybe cork will be wound up?nervous times
    cork will not be wound up. we were paying €1000 less tax per month then we should have been because of an accountant's error. the difference has been repaid and the proper amount is being paid per month now.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    while i think shels aren;t going anywhere, there are far more parrallels than you seem to think.

no stadium, heavy debt, no affinity to any area, a meglomaniac owner, a small and compliant fan base.

at least CHF had a plan, shels are just stumbling along.

If you are comoaring the fan base of Dublin and Shels you may as well include every team in the league. Go search for the figures and you will see Shels are in the top 4 or 5 for crowds every season.

Shels are stumbling along ??
    I hate to see what might have happened had Shels actually thought about what they were doing!!

Read the article from Andy O'Callaghan today.

At least he talks some sense that the rest you you dont.

The two cases are very very different and if you dont see that then your clueless.
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiesdrogs
    i think it suited the league to have one less dublin side.in that respact could ucd be next?maybe cork will be wound up?nervous times

UCD next, are you havin a laugh mate?
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why an earth would UCD receive a grant for €1,250,000 for Belfield Bowl if there was a chance they would not been in existence next season. I know they play other sports down there too.
    No chance of them or Cork city going bust ethier.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast