Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    I see him as a potential world class right back if he can improve his defending. I really hope Moyes reverts him to right back in the pre-season
    The way Trap sets us up, we're not getting much from the centre of midfield. We need all the creativity we can get from the full backs.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Good piece here from Seamus in the Telgraph,
    Lesser-known names have emerged as key figures at Everton as well, with Irish winger Seamus Coleman, 22, shortlisted for the PFA Young Player award. Coleman attributed his success to a grounding in violent games of street football on his housing estate in Donegal.

"The games were so competitive," he said. "Up the hill was where the other team came from. We were the Killers, they were the All Stars. We were all mates and went to school together but we weren't when the games started. We'd kill each other and there would be fights when the games were going on. They were battles, believe me.

''I haven't had a whole load of coaching. I just go for it. I just want to get past my full-back. If I don't do it the first time, I'll keep trying until I do."

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Coleman on the bench today again for Everton against Manchester City. No place for Shane Duffy, however. Given on the bench for City.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He'll be on sooner or later. Everton haven't really been in this match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    ha, wonderful play by coleman when he came on today, to sprint back and tackle the ball off possibly the most irritating player in the world, mario balotelli. with mancini going into labour on the touchline just behind them. that said, coleman took a dive to win a free shortly after.. not on.
    zombie/thread killer..

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    did anyone read Coleman and Neville on twitter

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Cheers O'Shea, don't follow twitter but checked it out after looking on here.

Re Coleman's sentiments, quite right to. He deserves a first team place in Ireland - no doubt. Anyone who thinks, Kelly, Whelan, St Ledger, McShane, Lawerence etc should be in before Coleman, needs there head read! Of all Irish Republic players, Coleman is playing in a team ranked at the highest level in England. Therefore, he merits inclusion on his ability. Re 'Trap's Formula' -- Coleman has proven to be hugely adaptable and prepared to play in any given role. So Trap needs to fit him. Compared to the farce against Macedonia, the Italy, game -- while Ireland defended deeply and, admittedly it was a friendly, the inclusion of Coleman, gave Ireland options from the back, and it was his surging run that would supply the link up for Andrews to pass to Hunt, who bombed down the wing and supplied Cox. More of the same please. Simples

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shellyriver View Post
    Anyone who thinks, Kelly, Whelan, St Ledger, McShane, Lawerence etc should be in before Coleman, needs there head read!
    I need to have my head read for not thinking Coleman should be playing centre mid or centre half? He's a good player but he hasn't got the defensive side of his game to the required standard for playing full back at international level and he's not a better option than McGeady, Duff or Hunt on the flanks.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 14/06/2011 at 12:13 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,697 Posts
    What were Coleman's sentiments?

I think there's plenty of doubt about whether he merits a first team place. John O'Shea is our best and most reliable full back by a mile. McGeady and Duff are our best two wide options. Hunt put in two great shifts (one on the right, one on the left) in our last 2 games. Why on earth would you mention Whelan and St. Ledger above? A central midfielder and a centre-back? Seamie has not proved "hugely adaptable". He can play RM and RB, and he can play attacking and defensive, but I'd never let him near central-midfield, for example.

I like Coleman but don't think he's a first team shoo-in by any means. If we had two stronger CMs then maybe. PO'S referred to this a while back. I think Coleman is close though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    it was his surging run that would supply the link up for Andrews to pass to Hunt, who bombed down the wing and supplied Cox. More of the same please. Simples
    Eh can't remember the build up, but Ward supplied a great long ball to Hunt and I'm pretty sure Ward simply got the ball by coming out of defence. Don't think Coleman had anything to do with it.

EDIT - Just watched it, you're right, Coleman does come out of defence with the ball quite neatly before the ball finds its way to Ward. So fair point. Still wouldn't say it was really instrumental to the goal though - seen Duff, Hunt and McGeady do the same thing often.
    Last edited by SwanVsDalton; 14/06/2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Cheers O'Shea, don't follow twitter but checked it out after looking on here.

Re Coleman's sentiments, quite right to. He deserves a first team place in Ireland - no doubt. Anyone who thinks, Kelly, Whelan, St Ledger, McShane, Lawerence etc should be in before Coleman, needs there head read! Of all Irish Republic players, Coleman is playing in a team ranked at the highest level in England. Therefore, he merits inclusion on his ability. Re 'Trap's Formula' -- Coleman has proven to be hugely adaptable and prepared to play in any given role. So Trap needs to fit him. Compared to the farce against Macedonia, the Italy, game -- while Ireland defended deeply and, admittedly it was a friendly, the inclusion of Coleman, gave Ireland options from the back, and it was his surging run that would supply the link up for Andrews to pass to Hunt, who bombed down the wing and supplied Cox. More of the same please. Simples
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    What were Coleman's sentiments?

I think there's plenty of doubt about whether he merits a first team place. John O'Shea is our best and most reliable full back by a mile. McGeady and Duff are our best two wide options. Hunt put in two great shifts (one on the right, one on the left) in our last 2 games. Why on earth would you mention Whelan and St. Ledger above? A central midfielder and a centre-back? Seamie has not proved "hugely adaptable". He can play RM and RB, and he can play attacking and defensive, but I'd never let him near central-midfield, for example.

I like Coleman but don't think he's a first team shoo-in by any means. If we had two stronger CMs then maybe. PO'S referred to this a while back. I think Coleman is close though.

Just to point out incase people start reading into the above quote re 'colemans sentiments' as suggesting he has been ranting/moaning on twitter about not being in the Ireland team, thats not the case. I follow him and I think I have seen nearly all his tweets as I only follow a handful of people. He never once complained, and put some great comments up after Italy - along the lines of how a year ago he never thought he'd be playing against them and players like pirlo.
    His p1ss taking with phil neville is great craic to read though!!
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

14. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    he really wound him up in fairness but as one of his townies said you don't and shouldn't be doing that to senior players let alone the captain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Looked like banter to me.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Yeah seems totally innocent to me as well. P Dot can fair dish out the slagging anyway, so he should definitely take it!
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    btw its been going on for weeks back and forward, so its definitely a bit of craic
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,697 Posts
    Maybe Trap should get a Twitter acct. That way he can call up the young Irish players and get an immediate response.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    your having a laugh aren't you. I am talk about starting from a position of dreamland and then attempting to link into reality! Great if there are two good CMs -- but by your logic Ireland would fail to employ a quality winger on the basis that the two present CMs are suspect. Coleman has shown ability to link from back, midfield and forward down the wing. Its up to the dynamic duo to use their immense positional awareness, skill and pace to pick out the best options before them! Lucky you think he's close, I am f**k it, by extension he should be starting for Chelsea or Man U -- Oh that's right, all the Irish players with Man U can't hold a first team place or get into the Irish squad proper. PS - Did you see the Italy game?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    your having a laugh aren't you. I am talk about starting from a position of dreamland and then attempting to link into reality! Great if there are two good CMs -- but by your logic Ireland would fail to employ a quality winger on the basis that the two present CMs are suspect. Coleman has shown ability to link from back, midfield and forward down the wing. Its up to the dynamic duo to use their immense positional awareness, skill and pace to pick out the best options before them! Lucky you think he's close, I am f**k it, by extension he should be starting for Chelsea or Man U -- Oh that's right, all the Irish players with Man U can't hold a first team place or get into the Irish squad proper. PS - Did you see the Italy game?
    I've read this post a few times to try and make sense of it...but no luck. Anyone else having the same problem?

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Are you talking to somebody in particular?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Are you talking to somebody in particular?
    I think it was aimed at 'Lucky'.

26. Thanks From:

Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast