Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend games 2nd to the 4th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    Watching Bohs v Longford on Saturday last and there were fans in the "Jodi Stand", I'd guess well over 50+, all well apart but, I've watched games so far with nobody in the stands or anywhere else in the ground
    Whats the story there, I thought all fans were not allowed to attend?
    Anyone!
    Substitutes from both squads, journalists and Club officials from both clubs are what you're seeing I'd say...
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Substitutes from both squads, journalists and Club officials from both clubs are what you're seeing I'd say...
    Bohs fans will deny it but there were definitely fans in Dalymount for the cup semi last year. The number of "stewards" was hilarious and the noise when Bohs scored or a decision went against them was near deafening. Bit like the Rovers "Steward" near the microphone in the Presidents cup game. It's happening at most clubs I'd say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    There'll be stewards, club officials, club media, ball retrievers, ground staff, journalists, photographers, scouts, FAI delegates, and a few others in the ground on match night. You're not long raking up about 50 people at that before you go into 9 subs and extra technical staff taking up more space.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Didnt know that Mark McCadden had left the Star. How long is he writing for the Mirror?
    He hasn't. The Mirror (Reach) have bought the Star and now put all the Star's online stuff on irishmirror.ie.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Bohs fans will deny it but there were definitely fans in Dalymount for the cup semi last year. The number of "stewards" was hilarious and the noise when Bohs scored or a decision went against them was near deafening. Bit like the Rovers "Steward" near the microphone in the Presidents cup game. It's happening at most clubs I'd say
    Bohs didn`t play in the cup semi final last year? I do remember many many posts from Dundalk fans on the same subject in the cup quarter final last year, when afew of the Connacht Street side Stewards had taken shelter under the TV gantry, and you could certainly hear them!

The Covid guidelines had been no more than a hundred attending made up of players , journo`s , stewards , club officials etc . I think that changed when the GAA interpreted that as all of the former plus 100 fans. One of the reasons that they did not get a sympathetic hearing to re-open games at senior level for early 2021.
    Not sure what the specific restriction is now? Jounalists seem to be the only group who can travel to or attend at any location they choose for their "work", is there a quota for attending press?
    I would be rightly p***ed off if any "fans" were gaining entry to Bohs games . Our group of 6/7 who went to games in normal times ,includes 3/4 long time volunteers who have worked for the club, but not as stewards. Not a sniff of a dodgy luminous top for any of us!
    I do know that there are quite a few stewards on duty around and in Dalymount on match days. They had to eject a small group of idiots who had climbed into the Tramway end from the Shopping Centre last Saturday. They are the same volunteer club stewards that worked pre- Covid and yes, they cheer for goals , groan at decisions against the team etc.

Lets be honest, If there was a shred of actual evidence that Bohs or any other club were playing fast and loose with the restrictions , the Media and then Government would pile in and the league would be locked down, deservedly.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I watched Bohs the other day and didn't think there was an excessively big crowd. I'm usually quick to criticise the FAI but the way football has continued in Ireland for the past 12 months has been very well organised.
    WeAreRovers and Martinho II, I didn't even know the Star put any of their content online!

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    I didn't even know the Star put any of their content online!
    I haven’t read the star since school days , Dolan had a column every Tuesday. I normally read the sun for LOI content, it’s a rag apart from the good LOI coverage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    The Star put some online content on Buzz.ie but it never really got traction and now the Mirror are using the same content, gets confusing!

Here's Mark McCadden on Buzz.ie - https://www.buzz.ie/football/kenny-d...ngsters-424933
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    I watched Bohs the other day and didn't think there was an excessively big crowd. I'm usually quick to criticise the FAI but the way football has continued in Ireland for the past 12 months has been very well organised.
    WeAreRovers and Martinho II, I didn't even know the Star put any of their content online!
    Bohs were audited on compliance of restrictions after last years cup game. They pushed the limits but gave an acceptable rationale for numbers to the compliance oversight group and were politely reminded of their obligations. If they have repeated the numbers that were at the cup game this season it would be more than a polite telling off as things couldnt be explained away a 2nd time - I dont believe people at Bohs are that daft knowing that they they could undergo additional spot check to ensure compliance has been maintained.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Should be a good game on Friday in Tallaght. I don't think having no game last weekend will help Rovers this early in the season, but obviously Dundalk probably wish they hadn't played either. Pico Lopes missed the Cape Verde game today so hopefully he hasn't picked up an injury that will keep him out. Dundalk have beaten us our last two meetings so it'll be another tight game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Think it's a bit of a stretch to say dundalk beat us in the last game. If not for Burke skying the last peno into the square, Rovers would have deservedly won
    Watched enough of both dundalks league games to have less of a fear of them than in recent years.
    Well see what happens.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Think it's a bit of a stretch to say dundalk beat us in the last game. If not for Burke skying the last peno into the square, Rovers would have deservedly won
    But he didn’t. Obviously if it was a league game it'd have been a draw but the aim of the fixture was to win the president's cup, Dundalk beat rovers to win it.

On Friday's game, I think rovers will win easy enough, 2-0.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Watched enough of both dundalks league games to have less of a fear of them than in recent years.
    Well see what happens.
    Deary me PC, I think you are stretching with the 1st comment considering the trophies available are sitting in Oriel Park. If Bill had kept his nose out of football affairs Dundalk would have won a back to back double last year....
    Latter bits of yer post are unfortunately agreeable!

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    A two game ban for Dundalk's Faroese butcher I see? ☺

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    https://www.extratime.com/articles/2...---week-three/

What did Mike Newell say to get three matches?!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well yes, we would have won if we hadn't lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I think it was a moral victory, 11 to 10 according to the ref.
    Dirty northerners

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Deary me PC, I think you are stretching with the 1st comment considering the trophies available are sitting in Oriel Park. If Bill had kept his nose out of football affairs Dundalk would have won a back to back double last year....
    Latter bits of yer post are unfortunately agreeable!

The amount of times I have seen Dundalk fans unironically speaking about the President's Cup as a 'trophy' is absolutely ridiculous. The same goes for your annual mini-world cup game against Drogheda! All yous need now is the Leinster Senior Cup and Felippo has won the treble!

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    What will I call it? Is it a cup or a trophy or both? I dont recall too many Dundalk fans losing sleep over being Malone or Presidents CUP holders or not over the years. Interesting though that a Rovers fan claims it as a stretch to say that they were beaten in a fixture they lost that features a 'cup' and another tries to deride the suggesting of the folly in the former. Protesting too much ladies. AND the LSC is a lovely trophy so dont knock it!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    What will I call it? Is it a cup or a trophy or both? I dont recall too many Dundalk fans losing sleep over being Malone or Presidents CUP holders or not over the years. Interesting though that a Rovers fan claims it as a stretch to say that they were beaten in a fixture they lost that features a 'cup' and another tries to deride the suggesting of the folly in the former. Protesting too much ladies. AND the LSC is a lovely trophy so dont knock it!!!
    You should call it a preseason friendly, and not count it towards trophy hauls because it's embarrassing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast