PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Nah Nah Nah Nah
05/12/2009, 12:54 AM
He would not, Keane and Peers are vastly superior.

Derek Foran, Garry Breen, Ger O'Brian. Dont know where that PFAI list is gone but thats off hand

Are you for real? Dan Murray has been playing top of the premier division / europe for a good few seasons and has pretty much always played well against us everytime we've played them.

You mentioned 4 players above who are nowhere near as good as him.

forza rovers
05/12/2009, 5:10 PM
There should be some sort of football aptitude test to get onto this forum
you have failed so.

Cloggs
06/12/2009, 9:17 AM
torpey had a bad facial injury during the season....hasnt played in a few months

sorry to hear that.hopefully he'll be back playing again soon.good young player from what i've seen of him

Terry
06/12/2009, 11:08 AM
how can you think breen is better than murray? breen is average at the very best not even near the class of murray

Fivesilver
07/12/2009, 7:25 AM
Murray is a rock-solid centre-half, and exactly the kind of physical presence we've been sorely lacking in that position for a long time.

red bellied
08/12/2009, 10:46 AM
Cook in talks with Boco.

Dixie Dean
08/12/2009, 11:18 AM
If Boco were to sign and our only significant loss was raf i believe we would have a stronger side than last year. Turner is a massive signing and hopefully an out and out striker like amond will do a job for us.

MMVIII
08/12/2009, 12:41 PM
Don't know if I'm the only one here, but I'm gutted Morrison is gone. On his day, was the best player in the team and one of the best in the league.

What a waste of talent.

CF1989
08/12/2009, 12:48 PM
Don't know if I'm the only one here, but I'm gutted Morrison is gone. On his day, was the best player in the team and one of the best in the league.

What a waste of talent.

totally agree, but if he didnt have attitude problems or cant be professional or whatever is wrong with him, he'd still be in england! top player, sad to see him go

dong
08/12/2009, 12:50 PM

What a waste of talent.

Exactly. Some waste. He obviously doesn't look after himself though. He looked like he was wearing an XXL jersey when he came on in the cup final.
His performance v Waterford in the semi was one of the best I've seen over the years from a Rovers player.

roversforever
08/12/2009, 1:07 PM
Exactly. Some waste. He obviously doesn't look after himself though. He looked like he was wearing an XXL jersey when he came on in the cup final.
His performance v Waterford in the semi was one of the best I've seen over the years from a Rovers player.

I know its off topic but just wondering dong...what was dunphy ranting about in that quote you have under your posts?

Roo69
08/12/2009, 1:20 PM
Gary McCabe is signing for you, very decent signing for Sligo.

avvenalaf
08/12/2009, 1:23 PM
I know its off topic but just wondering dong...what was dunphy ranting about in that quote you have under your posts?

Probably Burdocks chipper in Tolka.

Seriously, I assume it refers to his and Giles' attempt to win the then European Cup with a full time Shamrock Rovers. Failed because Giles couldn't coach (Richie Ryan would be made for him) and Dunphy - well Dunphy.

showgies
08/12/2009, 1:35 PM

What a waste of talent.

I certainly would have held onto Owen, if only as an impact sub. A good squad can be the difference between qualifying for Europe and fighting relegation

CarrickFan
08/12/2009, 2:02 PM

What a waste of talent.

Totally agree...loved his style..you could really see how talented he was..have to also agree with CF1989 if he had a better attitude or application he'd be playing at a much higher level...best of luck to him wherever he goes.

SligoBrewer
08/12/2009, 2:17 PM
I certainly would have held onto Owen, if only as an impact sub.
How much money are you willing to pay for someone who will only be a impact sub when he's arsed? Sean Doherty and Harpal Singh also played left wing, also had bags of talent but they weren't arsed and they left. I can't see why Morrison should be any different tbh.

On his day I'll admit that he could be one of the best players in the league, but when he didn't turn up, he was awful.

MMVIII
08/12/2009, 2:23 PM
How much money are you willing to pay for someone who will only be a impact sub when he's arsed? Sean Doherty and Harpal Singh also played left wing, also had bags of talent but they weren't arsed and they left. I can't see why Morrison should be any different tbh.

On his day I'll admit that he could be one of the best players in the league, but when he didn't turn up, he was awful.

Says he who said " who gives a F**k, we should give Peers whatever he wants"

Or something along those lines.

SligoBrewer
08/12/2009, 2:33 PM
Says he who said " who gives a F**k, we should give Peers whatever he wants"

Or something along those lines.

And I stand by it. Peers=/=Morrison.

roversforever
08/12/2009, 2:46 PM
Peers=/=Morrison.

What on earth is that meant to be?Are we dealing in some sort of mathematical equations now!?

SligoBrewer
08/12/2009, 3:10 PM
Are we dealing in some sort of mathematical equations now!?

Yes. Peers is not Morrison or Peers ≠ Morrison.
Peers has been with the club for 4 years now giving his all every single time he pulled on the Rovers shirt without compromise. He is the key to our defence, stringing everything together keeping it in line while not letting things get past himself either. This is in direct comparision to say Morrison, who has talent like Peers, but is waning in the effort department. If he wanted he could be playing in England like so many others, but just doesn't seem that bothered on the pitch on some occasions.

sligofan4ever
08/12/2009, 3:18 PM

What a waste of talent.

I agree, was so excited when he signed for us. He wouldv'e been a good impact sub but imagine the wages he'd want.

Always tought he was a good player. Hes a centre midfielder isn't he ?

Its also great to see Boco in talks, its great to see arguably our most talented player hopefully following the example Peers has set.

showgies
08/12/2009, 3:23 PM
How much money are you willing to pay for someone who will only be a impact sub?.

I don't know. :rolleyes:

superfrank
08/12/2009, 3:24 PM
He's a winger. He can be very dangerous when he's on form. He's best at running with the ball and dribbling. He has a pretty powerful shot too.

He's an asset for any side, you just need to get it out of him.

rovers100%
08/12/2009, 4:40 PM
mccabe would be a great signing, every time i seen bray play us he was their most stand out player. looks to be technically very good and will be an asset going forward. he is a bit light though thats only downside but with that comes pace. as for morrison he is a great player on his day and our most creative player last year but his days became few and far between and wages too high for impact sub. as for his attitude i doubt he will ever change as my cousin played with him and cawley at sheff wed and said he was the same then, that was 6 or 7 years ago so he still has not grown up. pity.....

CF1989
08/12/2009, 5:50 PM
why was he on the bench in the last few games of the season? dean massey is decent aswell

rovers100%
08/12/2009, 6:25 PM
was'nt he injured or carrying a knock from what i remember

sligorover
08/12/2009, 7:28 PM

Every time Morrison played for us he got at least 3 or 4 quality balls into the box. Regardless of how poor he played in a game he was capable of winning it for us at any time. Thats where he was different to the other two you've mentioned.

Having said that if Dean Marshall continues to progress like he did last season we'll have little or no need for Morrison as an impact sub.

roversman
08/12/2009, 7:49 PM

if this is true it will be another good signing
very good winger

dublinred
08/12/2009, 8:57 PM
mccabe would be a great signing, every time i seen bray play us he was their most stand out player. looks to be technically very good and will be an asset going forward. he is a bit light though thats only downside but with that comes pace. as for morrison he is a great player on his day and our most creative player last year but his days became few and far between and wages too high for impact sub. as for his attitude i doubt he will ever change as my cousin played with him and cawley at sheff wed and said he was the same then, that was 6 or 7 years ago so he still has not grown up. pity.....

Agree about McCabe very good player , Morrison is either very thick or loaded if he performed to only 80% of his ability every week he would be a great player in this league.

Would be good as an impact sub if getting paid by the minute but not worth wasting scarce budget on as a fulltime player , expect he will end up partime at Harps or continuity Derry City.

Only1Rovers
08/12/2009, 9:01 PM
Agree about McCabe very good player , Morrison is either very thick or loaded if he performed to only 80% of his ability every week he would be a great player in this league.

Would be good as an impact sub if getting paid by the minute but not worth wasting scarce budget on as a fulltime player , expect he will end up partime at Harps or continuity Derry City.

If he was any good he wouldn't have left Derry...

CarrickFan
08/12/2009, 9:05 PM
if this is true it will be another good signing
very good winger

can anybody confirm this signing?...has Marshall been offered a contract for next season?

Captain2007
08/12/2009, 9:53 PM
Anyone hear Cookie wants to commute the from UK on a weekly basis, what impact would that have ? did not work for Kenna in St Pats! Does anyone know why Gerry Carr left 2 days after Cup Final?

sligorover
08/12/2009, 10:30 PM
I was a fan of Morrison's, obviously he has bags of talent and I always wanted him to do well,but there were some games when he was shocking. You can say he was capable of this that and the other but that doesn't matter a damn, there's no point in being capable of being able to do something and not actually producing it. Now I know he did have flashes of quality, and I know he was unreal against waterford, but the simple fact is he was absolutely shocking in some games. I remember an away game against either dundalk or drogheda and it was probably the worst performance (taking effort into consideration) I've ever seen in a rovers shirt.
You've missed my point a bit here. Even when he played poorly he managed to get a few quality balls into the box. Some better quality finishing from our forwards and perception of him around here could be very different. I feel he was actually producing a lot more than he recieved credit for.
Don't remember which game in particular your talking about there so I'll have to take your word for it, but do we have a player (bar Peers obviously) who hasn't had a bad game at some stage?

sligorover
08/12/2009, 10:39 PM
Anyone hear Cookie wants to commute the from UK on a weekly basis, what impact would that have ? did not work for Kenna in St Pats! Does anyone know why Gerry Carr left 2 days after Cup Final?
Captain do you make up your rumours yourself or where do you find them?

Wasn't aware Gerry was gone. Definitely saw him around town in a Rovers tracksuit top last week, which strikes me as strange had he recently departed the club. I'm guessing this isn't true? Cook commuting weekly would just be ridiculous, can't see the board allowing that.

sligoman
08/12/2009, 10:46 PM
Definitely saw him around town in a Rovers tracksuit top last week, which strikes me as strange had he recently departed the club.Well I'm sure he got plenty of gear during his time with the club, I'd assume he didn't have to hand it back if he left...plus he's a Rovers fan anyway so not that strange.

Hulsey
08/12/2009, 10:49 PM
why was he on the bench in the last few games of the season? dean massey is decent aswell

Mc Cabe was injured and to be honest he wasn't fit for the play off games either, but played through the pain to try keep us up. Never gave less than 100% and you could do a lot worse than sign a player with his talent and workrate hope he does well for you.
As far as I know Dane Massey is under contract for next season

avvenalaf
08/12/2009, 10:52 PM

Arrah, will you go away and eat your seagull sandwich. Not even I would try a daft one like that on here.

sligorover
08/12/2009, 10:53 PM
Obviously he wouldn't be handing it back. I would have to question his mentality in publicly representing a former employer so soon after leaving though. Therefore I'm going to assume that he's still there. Feel free to correct me if you have the facts though.

sligoman
08/12/2009, 10:59 PM
Obviously he wouldn't be handing it back. I would have to question his mentality in publicly representing a former employer so soon after leaving though. Therefore I'm going to assume that he's still there. Feel free to correct me if you have the facts though.I had heard he left but dont know for definite. Just saying it's hardly unusual to see him in Rovers gear even if he's left.

d rovers
09/12/2009, 9:58 AM
Wouldn't necessarily agree with the first bit tbh, tis a bit of a cliche tbh.

There's bad games but then there was him that day (I'm pretty sure it was the day danny v got sent off). Zero effort. So frustratin to travel that far and she him walkin around and not giving a crap. Actually he even got sent off that day for a pointless second yellow (dissent iirc). He was in the same sort of a mood in other games, Bray away another one that comes to mind straight away. I know he is a quality player but the negatives outweigh the positives for me, and I think we'll be better off without him tbh. What an absolute waste of talent, such a shame.

That was the away game vs drogheda alright. danny got a straight red just before half time & owen got a second yellow for dissent late in the second half.

neutrino
09/12/2009, 12:42 PM
That was the away game vs drogheda alright. danny got a straight red just before half time & owen got a second yellow for dissent late in the second half.

Owen's first yellow was for dissent. He was said off for leaving the foot in on one of Drogs players. He was sent off minutes after some "fan" hurled abuse at him re: f**kin off back up the road to Derry. Probably coincidental.

Anyway, Morrision is a class player with loads of talent, but he doesnt seem to have the attitude for it. When he fancies it he's brilliant; but unfortunately there are days when he doesnt seem to what to be there. We need players who are consistent more often than not.

sligofan4ever
09/12/2009, 3:40 PM
Carr isn't gone just yet it seems

According to a headline in The Champion he is in talks over a new contract.

Redzer
15/12/2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37760

dublinred
16/12/2009, 9:56 AM
Shaping up nicely now assuming McCabe has signed and Boco is gone I think we would just need a decent centre half and a right back for the starting 11

Brush
TBC Peers TBC Butler
McCabe Turner O'Grady Doyle
Amond Blinkhorn

Ventre can cover several positions as can Keane if he signs ,would be great if we could keep Boco also as he can play anywhere.

Need decent backup as this is where we got caught out last year great first 11 but rarley started together. Nice article by Peers in the star last weekend saying he wanted to stay to win things and wants a rattle at the title great attitude to have would love to see Murray sign as him and Peers would be a great combination.

red_away
16/12/2009, 11:34 AM
Is butler definitely fit to play?

Only1Rovers
16/12/2009, 11:43 AM
Is butler definitely fit to play?

He has to sign hasn't he?

MMVIII
16/12/2009, 11:49 AM
From what I've heard, Butler is gone. Turned down the chance of a pay per play contract.

red bellied
16/12/2009, 11:58 AM
Gerry Carr in for Longford job?

dong
16/12/2009, 1:26 PM
I think I heard he was playing football in England but I dont know what standard.

Unreal. After paying his wages (or a decent chunk of money anyways) over the course of last season. F uck sake.:mad:

CF1989
16/12/2009, 2:10 PM
Unreal. After paying his wages (or a decent chunk of money anyways) over the course of last season. F uck sake.:mad:

He's playing for nobody

he was offered more or less nothing from rovers