PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Latest: Season Climax

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

blue til i die
10/11/2007, 9:19 PM
but dundalk had the last few weeks knowing for certain they'd be in the play-off, unlike Harps. Dundalk have had the chance to rest their top players and avoid suspensions whereas Harps 1st team have been in action all this time.

sonofstan
10/11/2007, 9:26 PM
Its all a bit Gah isn't it? as many big days as possible.... what's wrong with automatic two up/ two down?

Sonic
10/11/2007, 9:40 PM
Its all a bit Gah isn't it? as many big days as possible.... what's wrong with automatic two up/ two down?

Its all for the bit of excitement horrid pity we wont be part of it. Its the least we deserve:mad:

Mad Moose
10/11/2007, 10:52 PM
Not particularly, given what you lot have been like in the second half of this season I reckon I could put a team of mates together and beat Dundalk quite easily. Seriously though the team is rubbish, not a patch on Harps

Quite worried people seemed to have jumped to the Play Off final v Waterford Utd. Not saying you have Jebus. Just from what i'm reading here and elsewhere. Still Dundalk have got to be got past and while they have faded badly and are missing key players in Williams, Vaughan and now Philly Hughes its a one off game and they will be up for it.

I expect Harps at home to dispose of Dundalk ultimately but it may well be tight.

sonofstan
11/11/2007, 8:04 AM
Seems really unfair that Harps have to play a team who finished ten points behind them just to get to play a team who shouldn't have been in the prem in the first place - best of luck, anyway; I'd much rather a trip to Ballybofey than to either Oriel or the RSC next year.

Mental Man
11/11/2007, 9:06 AM
A few of us travelled up to Buckley Park last night to see the game between harps and Kilkenny and to be honest the 3 goals harps got was with the worst goalkeeping i have ever seen in football at any level, sweet jesus it was chronic to say the least and at times Kilkenny ran through harps, i saw 2 players that i thought were handy and that was Gethins (and he had a very poor game) i thought and Parkhouse - that was it really, i nearly fell asleep at times.
Kilkenny have a nice few handy and nimble players that ran rings around the midfield of harps at times.
If the Blues meet Harps in the play-offs i would be very confident of progressing through them.
Oh yeah congrats to Queenstown Rangers for winning the 1st division !

Raheny Red
11/11/2007, 4:56 PM
Betting coup. 9/2 in Boyles. Thank you very much

Got 4's meself in Ladbrokes. Absolutely dire stuff last night though but I heard a porkie or two certain players were involved in helping themselves to an early xmas bonus.

don ramo
11/11/2007, 5:15 PM
Oh yeah congrats to Queenstown Rangers for winning the 1st division !
suppose our team from last year will be in the first division anyway, haha enjoy, bunch of wasters, best thing the club done was gettin rid of the deadwood, held us back,

would hate to be there next year though will be very hard to win, shels will be class next year and longford, with possible harps or dundalk also, maybe both, and one spot for promotion,

enjoy lads im delighted to be out of it,

jebus
11/11/2007, 5:52 PM
suppose our team from last year will be in the first division anyway, haha enjoy, bunch of wasters, best thing the club done was gettin rid of the deadwood, held us back,

would hate to be there next year though will be very hard to win, shels will be class next year and longford, with possible harps or dundalk also, maybe both, and one spot for promotion,

Staying up in the Premier is going to be a task on to itself though, with three dropping next year its gonna be the dogfight to end all dogfights

Raheny Red
11/11/2007, 6:21 PM

What makes you say that? Everyone was saying that we were going to upset the contenders in the race for title towards the end of the season, but we didn't do a feckin' thing in that regards. We'll be lucky to finish as 'high' at 5th next season

gael353
11/11/2007, 6:27 PM
Hold the **** up, Wexford have scored three goals tonight!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

did they get three penos or something with no keeper allowed to save. that crowd dont come out of their own half

jebus
11/11/2007, 6:35 PM
What makes you say that? Everyone was saying that we were going to upset the contenders in the race for title towards the end of the season, but we didn't do a feckin' thing in that regards. We'll be lucky to finish as 'high' at 5th next season

Its going to be poor enough down here next year though. Kilkenny will be their usual ****e self, Monaghan solely exist to give Magicme an excuse to get out of the house, Kildare are Kildare, Wexford will hopefully realise that Italian teams actually do come out of their own half, Dundalk will still be depressed about last season, we will have our usual blinding start to the season before the chairman's evil twin comes back to unravel our empire Dynasty style, Waterford will think they will stroll it and so inevitably will finish 5th, Longford will play transition year students looking for work experience to cut costs, and who knows how far Athlones €20k a week budget will get them next year. So you never know what Shels could do

passinginterest
11/11/2007, 8:31 PM

Judging by the notes in the match program it's not looking good for next season. Lot's of talk about budget cuts and the like. Will be hard to hold onto the few quality signings from this year. Great display from the supporters after the match. I just hope the FAI observer was gone home or the fine will be nice! Like the way ye switched the floodlights off when only Wallace was left on the pitch, he got a nice reminder from the Wexford supporters about his floodlight issues.

did they get three penos or something with no keeper allowed to save. that crowd dont come out of their own half

Only the one peno, we might even have scored another few. Shels really looked like they couldn't be bothered at times, in the second half the lads really came out of themselves, I'd swear at least 6 of them were in the Shels half at once. :D
It was a lovely way to finish off a tough season and will give them a big boost for next year. Who would have predicted Wexford Youths playing Shelbourne and beating them a year ago?

don ramo
11/11/2007, 9:02 PM
Judging by the notes in the match program it's not looking good for next season. Lot's of talk about budget cuts and the like. Will be hard to hold onto the few quality signings from this year. Great display from the supporters after the match. I just hope the FAI observer was gone home or the fine will be nice! Like the way ye switched the floodlights off when only Wallace was left on the pitch, he got a nice reminder from the Wexford supporters about his floodlight issues.

i assume you mean shels and not wexford

Donegalcelt
11/11/2007, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Mental Man;811971]A few of us travelled up to Buckley Park last night to see the game between harps and Kilkenny and to be honest the 3 goals harps got was with the worst goalkeeping i have ever seen in football at any level, sweet jesus it was chronic to say the least and at times QUOTE]

That's because he wasn't a keeper. Keepers were out. AJ Murray injured and Noel byrne suspended. The lad that played in goal was called Robbie Ryan, a centre-half

sligoman
11/11/2007, 11:07 PM
A centre half in goal and Harps only scored 3?:eek:

Mental Man
12/11/2007, 8:19 AM
A centre half in goal and Harps only scored 3?:eek:

Exactly, i was at the game and at times Kilkenny ran straight through ye, a few of your own supporters even said it to me during the match i was sitting with them, they could have scored another 1 or 2 goals against ye as well, for effort i thought Kilkenny were as good as ye, so anyway that explains why ye got 3 soft goals, now i am more confident for the playoffs :D.

razor
12/11/2007, 8:23 AM
The ref was ridiculous, every 50-50 decision went your way. Home ref if ever there was one :mad:.I'm just glad we had the pure ability to overcome it.Nice effort at a wind up there.
Tomney was awful, he facilitated Bohs time wasting to a criminal degree and there was no way he played 4 minutes at the end.
Hope he got the front seat on the way home. ;)

Sam_Heggy
12/11/2007, 8:59 AM
Exactly, i was at the game and at times Kilkenny ran straight through ye, a few of your own supporters even said it to me during the match i was sitting with them, they could have scored another 1 or 2 goals against ye as well, for effort i thought Kilkenny were as good as ye, so anyway that explains why ye got 3 soft goals, now i am more confident for the playoffs :D.

Lets see then eh? :cool:

Magicme
12/11/2007, 9:19 AM
Monaghan solely exist to give Magicme an excuse to get out of the house

Oi! I have plenty of reasons to leave the house, just dont like leaving the cosiness of my humble abode unless its for football!

Oh and watch out for our challenge next season! :D

Jerry The Saint
12/11/2007, 9:43 AM
That's because he wasn't a keeper. Keepers were out. AJ Murray injured and Noel byrne suspended. The lad that played in goal was called Robbie Ryan, a centre-half

Is this true:confused: And it could have been the reason Harps got promoted? :eek:

You'd think Ramblers could have offered their U-21 keeper on loan for the night. :) Aren't there special exemptions that can be granted in some cases if a team can't field a goalkeeper?

Sheridan
12/11/2007, 9:53 AM
Nice effort at a wind up there.
Tomney was awful, he facilitated Bohs time wasting to a criminal degree and there was no way he played 4 minutes at the end.
Hope he got the front seat on the way home. ;)
I was watching on TV and he played five minutes. He's the biggest four-asteriskser in League of Ireland football though (player, coach, administrator or official.) A bold claim, but it's true.

Donegalcelt
12/11/2007, 10:53 PM
Is this true:confused: And it could have been the reason Harps got promoted? :eek:

You'd think Ramblers could have offered their U-21 keeper on loan for the night. :) Aren't there special exemptions that can be granted in some cases if a team can't field a goalkeeper?

It is yeah, Robbie Quan was actually his name. I heard they tried to get someone but couldn't. I'm sure there must've been someone with goalkeeping experience, well perhaps not in kilkenny! Cobh would've been rightly ****ed, but they did score seven there so maybe they expected little in the form of favours