View Full Version : Steven Reid

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

liamoo11
29/07/2017, 5:08 PM
has left his coaching role at reading

mark12345
30/07/2017, 12:26 PM
has left his coaching role at reading

Word is he is moving onwards and upwards in his managerial career. He intimated that his time at Reading was a learning experience and that he is moving on to the next chapter

Stuttgart88
30/07/2017, 5:52 PM
Both Reid and Andrews will go far at whatever they decide to do.

liamoo11
28/05/2019, 6:59 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0528/1052204-steven-reid-joins-scotland-coaching-staff/ best of luck to him

Olé Olé
28/05/2019, 7:19 PM
Could be an option for Kenny for 2022 campaign!

Yard of Pace
29/05/2019, 6:29 PM
Interesting the amount of recently retired players now coaching with Irish underage teams or elsewhere.....Robbie, Duffer, Andrews, Andy and Steven Reid, Kevin Doyle...makes me strangely happy.

Yard of Pace
20/06/2021, 9:08 AM
Could be an option for Kenny for 2022 campaign!

Didn't realise Reid is a coach for Scotland and at Forest. Saw some quotes from him today talking about Billy Gilmour. Considering the make-up of Scotland's squad and what they have achieved, maybe Ireland could utilise him in the future. His injuries still break my heart when I think about how good he was capable of being. Great to see his coaching career going so well.

Fixer82
20/06/2021, 8:30 PM
Well if we're talking about Reid, we have to watch this again

0vYr0Z2lYAw

Eirambler
22/06/2021, 9:00 PM
Didn't realise Reid is a coach for Scotland and at Forest. Saw some quotes from him today talking about Billy Gilmour. Considering the make-up of Scotland's squad and what they have achieved, maybe Ireland could utilise him in the future. His injuries still break my heart when I think about how good he was capable of being. Great to see his coaching career going so well.

Always liked Steven Reid but I'm not sure Scotland's achievements alone make him an automatic candidate for a role in our setup. They didn't win a game in either the qualifying playoffs or the finals, they were there as much out of good fortune more than anything really. Considering the quality of players they have available at the moment - Robertson, Tierney, McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour - I'd argue they underachieved at the finals.

pineapple stu
22/06/2021, 9:22 PM
Their main problem - like ours - seemed to be no forwards. I thought they played some great stuff v the Czechs and were unlucky to lose, but they couldn't score and the Czechs were clinical. That was the difference between going through and not ultimately. The players you listed are mostly defensive (McGinn the exception)

seanfhear
22/06/2021, 9:26 PM
Always liked Steven Reid but I'm not sure Scotland's achievements alone make him an automatic candidate for a role in our setup. They didn't win a game in either the qualifying playoffs or the finals, they were there as much out of good fortune more than anything really. Considering the quality of players they have available at the moment - Robertson, Tierney, McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour - I'd argue they underachieved at the finals.
They actually have some good players now and some good young ones at that.

Croatia came good tonight. Scotland did not create a lot and scored only one goal in the whole tournament. It will be interesting to see if Scotland can build on this and qualify for more tournaments in the future and do better there.

seanfhear
22/06/2021, 9:29 PM
Scotland have been at 11 tournaments and never got out of the Group in any of them ! ! Amazing really, especially when you consider the quality of players Scotland had ~ Especially years ago.

Eirambler
22/06/2021, 10:36 PM
It's an incredible statistic alright. Especially when you consider that quite a few of the tournaments they've been to have been 24 team ones where only 8 teams are cut in the first round.

I saw one of the statto twitter pages earlier saying it's the worst tournament finals record in all of world football.

IsMiseSean
24/08/2021, 1:47 PM
Finished with Scotland. Replaced by Austin McPhee (the long haired coach for the north).

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/steve-clarke-extends-contract-to-lead-uefa-euro-2024-bid/?rid=13925

liamoo11
24/08/2021, 2:40 PM
Finished with Scotland. Replaced by Austin McPhee (the long haired coach for the north).

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/steve-clarke-extends-contract-to-lead-uefa-euro-2024-bid/?rid=13925

Any chance he is coming into our set up?

tetsujin1979
13/07/2022, 3:17 PM
Steven Reid: My anxiety got so bad I’d have panic attacks on the pitch – that’s why I want to help others
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f452c1f8-0294-11ed-aa15-45d37b45dc0d?shareToken=9dd3d1f53cc998e661b32f5a00 d9a8a1

The former Blackburn and Republic of Ireland player tells Henry Winter how his own struggles have led him to press pause on his coaching career to pursue a new role supporting players with their mental health

Stuttgart88
13/07/2022, 3:27 PM
That's some read

NeverFeltBetter
13/07/2022, 3:50 PM
I'd heavily suspect that the issues he is describing are probably rife at the professional level. It's good that he seems to have had the right kind of support to work through it throughout his career. You'd worry about a lot of others.

Diggs246
13/07/2022, 3:54 PM
As much as I hated Stephen Ireland
On mature reflection I do wonder if he suffered from significant mental health issues

tetsujin1979
13/07/2022, 4:23 PM
That's some read
It's heavy going alright. When I started my first job after graduating, I didn't know why I was there. Everyone was more qualified, more experienced, and I struggled to settle in. Took a few weeks and I realised I could do the work I was being assigned, but it's still something that hits me from time to time, like if I have to review code submitted by one of the other developers and it's way ahead of anything I can do.

NeverFeltBetter
13/07/2022, 5:40 PM
In my professional life, from my own experience and talking to friends and family, I've come to realise that imposter syndrome is so widespread as to be endemic in our society. Less widespread are measures to try and alleviate it. It's a particular insidious mental problem, since by its very nature it encourages the sufferer to never talk about it for fear of being exposed as, well, an imposter at whatever is instigating the feeling. In a high profile profession like football, where being open about such things is an invitation to be scorned by everyone from Twitter trolls to pundits, I would assume that kind of situation is only more the case.

Fixer82
14/07/2022, 9:30 AM
As much as I hated Stephen Ireland
On mature reflection I do wonder if he suffered from significant mental health issues

He's definitely a very odd man.
I've met a few of them in my time who would just not show up for matches or even just walk off the pitch cos they changed their mind and never seemed to give a toss but maybe something deeper going on in background they're even unaware of themselves

Diggs246
14/07/2022, 12:56 PM
He's definitely a very odd man.
I've met a few of them in my time who would just not show up for matches or even just walk off the pitch cos they changed their mind and never seemed to give a toss but maybe something deeper going on in background they're even unaware of themselves

Inesta was in that category too
Pep said he was allowed just walk off mid training if he felt off form

Demesne Lad
11/10/2022, 9:54 AM
In my professional life, from my own experience and talking to friends and family, I've come to realise that imposter syndrome is so widespread as to be endemic in our society. Less widespread are measures to try and alleviate it. It's a particular insidious mental problem, since by its very nature it encourages the sufferer to never talk about it for fear of being exposed as, well, an imposter at whatever is instigating the feeling. In a high profile profession like football, where being open about such things is an invitation to be scorned by everyone from Twitter trolls to pundits, I would assume that kind of situation is only more the case.

Steven Reid left his job at Nottingham Forest during the summer, to pursue training as a counsellor. Here is a summary of an interview with BBC Lancashire:

Steven Reid: Former Millwall, Blackburn and West Brom defender 'proud' of decision to pursue career in counselling - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63158575)

Fixer82
11/10/2022, 1:40 PM
Could he be a future FAI sports psychologist?

JR89
03/07/2023, 9:52 PM
Has rejoined Nottingham Forest as a first team coach.

elatedscum
03/07/2023, 11:05 PM
Has rejoined Nottingham Forest as a first team coach.

is Andy Reid still coaching with the forest first team too?

JR89
03/07/2023, 11:59 PM
Yeah Andy Reid is still with the Forest first team.