PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fantasy League 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Aberdonian Stu
21/07/2007, 12:22 PM
I've set up a league on NFL.com for Foot.ie users.

It's drafting on 20 August (that's a Monday) at 8.15pm Irish time. I'll post a direct link as soon as I can but for the time being could anyone interested please PM me their email address.

Aberdonian Stu
24/07/2007, 9:43 PM
Ok here's the info required.

Go here (http://freemeeting.0.football.nfl.com/splash/invite/3817/181455/34778b4375eef348)

The password is playoffs and there are at the time of writing 7 spots left.

I know a couple of members relatives played last year and they're welcome again.

If it's not full by the 10th of August I'll start asking other folk to make up the numbers so be sure to sign up asap.

shedite
30/07/2007, 1:40 PM
Stu,

I'll play. I tried to PM you my address but your PM box is full. I'll send my email again later.

Shedite

Aberdonian Stu
30/07/2007, 1:44 PM
You don't need to send me your address anymore. The link above and the instructions in it are all you need.

I've cleared out a fair chunk of my PM box so you should be able to reac me now if you still have any queries.

EDIT: At the time of writing there are 6 spots left, soon to be 5 once Shedite signs up.

SkStu
30/07/2007, 7:23 PM
im in.

Clifford
07/08/2007, 3:51 PM
I'm in. In like Flynn. Bring it on. Not going to miss the draft this year if I can help it...

Aberdonian Stu
07/08/2007, 5:31 PM
Lads there's 3 more days before I start looking for non-Foot.ie based players to join in.

As I said before any friends/relatives that were involved last year are already welcome and don't have to wait until the 10th.

There are 4 slots remaining.

Aberdonian Stu
08/08/2007, 1:49 PM
There are now just 2 spots remaining.

Burny89
09/08/2007, 9:52 PM
I'm in. Is this a automated draft?

If not when is it and do i have to be around?

SkStu
10/08/2007, 4:08 AM
I'm in. Is this a automated draft?

If not when is it and do i have to be around?

aberdonian stus original post says: It's drafting on 20 August (that's a Monday) at 8.15pm Irish time :)

you can sit out your draft or you can do it at that time. If you sit out be sure to go and prioritise your draft picks so you dont get too badly shafted. One of the lads doin the Bohs one got Vick, haha!

Aberdonian Stu
10/08/2007, 8:31 AM
Yeah it's a live draft on Monday week. We won't know the draft order until sometime that day.

NFL.com leagues are divided into three divisions. The winners of each division plus one wildcard make the playoffs.

Here's what your starting roster will consist of:
1 QB
2 RBs
3 WRs
1 TE
1 DST
1 K

Note that it's 3 WR as opposed to 2 WR in some leagues (nfl.com changed it this year). Also you have 5 slots on your bench, this is less than in most leagues.

Aberdonian Stu
10/08/2007, 12:48 PM
The twelfth and final member of the league joined today so the IAFL NFL Fantasy League 2007 is officially full.

swano
11/08/2007, 8:09 PM
Will trades be permitted in the league?

Aberdonian Stu
11/08/2007, 11:12 PM
Yes but they can be vetoed if it's a blatantly one-sided attempt to stack a team.

swano
12/08/2007, 10:27 AM
Yes but they can be vetoed if it's a blatantly one-sided attempt to stack a team.

Yeah we always had problems in the league we do in work. People who aren't in contention for the playoffs trading Larry Gonzalez for an injured kicker 2 years ago was a classic. Last year we just decided on no trades.

swano
13/08/2007, 4:08 PM
Yeah we always had problems in the league we do in work. People who aren't in contention for the playoffs trading Larry Johnson for an injured kicker 2 years ago was a classic. Last year we just decided on no trades.

Edit:o

eamo1
13/08/2007, 10:42 PM
i would have loved to join.can i be considered on the "bench" for this league so if someone gets "injured" ill come in?????.if not its ok,ill go look for another "team":cool:.

swano
19/08/2007, 8:07 PM
Draft tomorrow. I'm working during it so things might get messy. Have ranked my players but it's hard to know where to put people until you know who is taken before you and it's too late by then!

Aberdonian Stu
20/08/2007, 8:38 AM
Ranking does help if you can't make it. Failing to rank for an auto can screw you around.

Draft is tonight at 8.15pm.

shedite
20/08/2007, 8:59 AM
Yeah I can't make it tonight either so will be relying on the auto-pick. It's tough to know alright who to go for. If my top runningbacks are gone then I could end up with a QB in my first pick. On the other hand, I could end up with 2 runningbacks in first 2 selections!

Real ale Madrid
20/08/2007, 9:30 AM
Ranking does help if you can't make it. Failing to rank for an auto can screw you around.

Draft is tonight at 8.15pm.

How long should this take?

shedite
20/08/2007, 9:58 AM
About an hour/ hour and a half. Depends on how long you want to stay tho. The first 3/4 rounds of the draft should be a half hour, the last half hour should only be reserves.

Aberdonian Stu
20/08/2007, 11:00 AM
It depends on how many people turn up. The first round could take a while if no-one is there. If most of us are there it should end quickly.

Dodge
20/08/2007, 11:21 AM
Usually goes quicker when people aren't there (at least the Yahoo version could tell if somebody was there nor not and gave them their pick after about 10 seconds)

A little I've picked up from those on other auto drafts. Don't rank any defences or kickers as if you have them ranked in your top 40/50, remember that everyone else has the same running backs, QBs etc and you end up getting Jaguar Defence in the 3rd round

Aberdonian Stu
20/08/2007, 11:26 AM
That's true but what often happens with drafts is that a few guys are late for the first round so you've to wait the full 90 seconds on them and then they arrive and delay it more as they are no longer auto'd.

Notice to all participants
If, for any reason, you leave the draft early please set your status to auto pick before you leave as it will make the remainder of the draft go faster for the rest of us.

Burny89
20/08/2007, 11:39 AM
i'm pretty sure i won't make it :(

swano
20/08/2007, 12:52 PM
Usually goes quicker when people aren't there (at least the Yahoo version could tell if somebody was there nor not and gave them their pick after about 10 seconds)

A little I've picked up from those on other auto drafts. Don't rank any defences or kickers as if you have them ranked in your top 40/50, remember that everyone else has the same running backs, QBs etc and you end up getting Jaguar Defence in the 3rd round

Missed a draft last year and it was the 1st time I played fantasy nfl. Got the bucs D in the 3rd round and a kicker in the fourth. Ended up making the playoffs, helped by the fact I got Frank Gore in one of the last rounds! I should be around tonight but there's a chance a couple of my picks could time out.

Clifford
20/08/2007, 5:13 PM
I should make it and so should my bro. I missed out last year, do we just go to the game and wait for further instructions?

swano
20/08/2007, 5:51 PM
You go to where it says draft room. It's in the same area as the top 200, draft prep etc.

Aberdonian Stu
20/08/2007, 6:21 PM
Here's the order for the first round of the draft:

1. Baxter Ears - Mark Neilon
2. Student Steelers - Emmet Ryan
3. Bohemian Rough Riders - Stuart Cunningham
4. Brady's Bunch - Caeliv Donnelly
5. DEREKCOLT1 - Derek Slattery
6. Boys in Blue - Ciaran Ruane
7. Mike Vick's Pitbull - Karl Swanton
8. Inchicore Warriors - John Owens
9. Newbridge Wagons - Gabriel Butler
10. Clifford's Clippers - Rebel Blue
11. burny89 - Paul Devine
12. AC Alittlehouetoofaman - Mark Canning

The order gets reversed after every round.

Here's how the divisions are split up:

West
Bohemian Rough Riders
burny89
Inchicore Warriors
Student Steelers

Central
Baxter Ears
Brady's Bunch
DEREKCOLT1
Newbridge Wagons

East
AC Alittlehouetoofaman
Boys in Blue
Clifford's Clippers
Mike Vick's Pitbull

Clifford
20/08/2007, 6:23 PM
Cheers guys.

Soko
20/08/2007, 6:35 PM
i would have loved to join.can i be considered on the "bench" for this league so if someone gets "injured" ill come in?????.if not its ok,ill go look for another "team":cool:.

Set up one on Yahoo. All my baseball/nfl/cfb fantasy teams are on that so I'd play in another league on Yahoo if people wanted to do it

Dodge
20/08/2007, 6:56 PM
Set up one on Yahoo. All my baseball/nfl/cfb fantasy teams are on that so I'd play in another league on Yahoo if people wanted to do it

I'm in a couple of yahoo ones. No problem joining more. Bound to get higher than 8th pick once...

Dodge
20/08/2007, 8:22 PM
My team from 8th pick

Pos Round Player
QB 3 (#32) Donovan McNabb (QB PHI)
RB 1 (#8) Frank Gore (RB SF)
RB 2 (#17) Rudi Johnson (RB CIN)
WR 4 (#41) Anquan Boldin (WR ARI)
WR 5 (#56) Plaxico Burress (WR NYG)
WR 7 (#80) Jerricho Cotchery (WR NYJ)
TE 6 (#65) Vernon Davis (TE SF)
K 14 (#161) Josh Brown (K SEA)
DST 8 (#89) DST Patriots (DST NE)
RS 11 (#128) Jason Campbell (QB WAS)
RS 9 (#104) Jamal Lewis (RB CLE)
RS 12 (#137) Chris Henry (RB TEN)
RS 10 (#113) Calvin Johnson (WR DET)
RS 13 (#152) DST Raiders (DST OAK)

SkStu
20/08/2007, 8:40 PM
totally ****ed about my phoneline going down "for essential maintenance" halfway through the draft. Might have to do some early trading... :(

swano
20/08/2007, 10:52 PM
Here's the order for the first round of the draft:

1. Baxter Ears - Mark Neilon
2. Student Steelers - Emmet Ryan
3. Bohemian Rough Riders - Stuart Cunningham
4. Brady's Bunch - Caeliv Donnelly
5. DEREKCOLT1 - Derek Slattery
6. Boys in Blue - Ciaran Ruane
7. Mike Vick's Pitbull - Karl Swanton
8. Inchicore Warriors - John Owens
9. Newbridge Wagons - Gabriel Butler
10. Clifford's Clippers - Rebel Blue
11. burny89 - Paul Devine
12. AC Alittlehouetoofaman - Mark Canning

The order gets reversed after every round.

Here's how the divisions are split up:

West
Bohemian Rough Riders
burny89
Inchicore Warriors
Student Steelers

Central
Baxter Ears
Brady's Bunch
DEREKCOLT1
Newbridge Wagons

East
AC Alittlehouetoofaman
Boys in Blue
Clifford's Clippers
Mike Vick's Pitbull

After a quick glance at the teams I'd say the West has the most quality and is hard to call. Bradys Bunch look strong in the central and AC Alittle... look very good in the East. Of course thats all on paper and it'll probably all change as players drafted further down the order start to emerge.

Burny89
20/08/2007, 10:56 PM
J Cutler
L Johnson
W Parker
D Branch
R Brown
R Williams
A Gates
J Elam
Jets Defence

J Garcia
J Jones
D Bennet
J witten
M Stover

Some decent Names for 10th in the draft

Jay Cutler could come into his game alot this year. Hopefully LJ signs back up withe the Cheifs! Deion Branch, good, Gates, good and Willie Parker ain't bad.

Thats Jets Defence will have to go ;)

swano
20/08/2007, 11:12 PM
Happy enough except for picking Darell Jackson in the 3rd round. Didn't realise he'd left the Seahawks fot the 49ers. Could have had Williams or Boldin instead. Managed to cover myself for the bye weeks at least.

shedite
21/08/2007, 8:17 AM
If someone has a chance, could they paste my team on here. Firewall at work won't let me see it. The curiosity of who I got on autodraft is killing me! Although 12th pick in the first round doesn't sound too promising :rolleyes:

Real ale Madrid
21/08/2007, 8:52 AM
AC ALittle.....

C Palmer
J Delhomme
V Morency
A Green
B Westbrook
R Brown
R Moss
M Clayton
T Glenn
B Watson
R McMichael
O Mare
J Wilkins
D Vikings

shedite
21/08/2007, 9:47 AM
AC ALittle.....

QB C Palmer
RB A Green
RB B Westbrook
WR R Moss
WR M Clayton
WR T Glenn
TE B Watson
K O Mare
DST Vikings

QB J Delhomme
RB V Morency
RB R Brown
TE R McMichael
K J Wilkins

I'm happy with a few of those selections. Could probably do with another WR and DST. Of the 4 running backs I got, only Westbrook will (hopefully) be a regular scorer, so will probably just rotate the other 3 depending on opponent unless I can pickup someone. Quite happy with backup QB, TE and K tho.

What's the verdict on trades?

Aberdonian Stu
21/08/2007, 10:01 AM
Trades can be made but can be vetoed if they are deemed unfair.

Real ale Madrid
21/08/2007, 10:14 AM
Got this team for myself:

Manning, Peyton QB IND
Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG
Maroney, Laurence RB NE
Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR CIN
Porter, Jerry WR OAK
Steve Smith WR CAR
Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
Kaeding, Nate K SD
Eagles, DST DST PHI

Manning, Eli QB NYG
Taylor, Chester RB MIN
Daniels, Owen TE HOU
Kasay, John K CAR
Panthers, DST DST CAR

Pleased enough at most positions - probably a little weak at RB - dont have huge confidence in Maroney to put up big numbers as i dont think he is going to be one of the better No.1 RB's. Happy though with QB and WR picks.

strangeirish
21/08/2007, 2:49 PM
And the Newbridge Wagons are...

Tom Brady QB NE
Marion Barber RB DAL
Maurice Jones-Drew RB JAC
Santonio Holmes WR PIT
Matt Jones WR JAC
Hines Ward WR PIT
Heath Miller TE PIT
Josh Scobee K JAC
Jaguars DST
------------------
Phillip Rivers QB SD
Warrick Dunn RB ATL
DJ Hackett WR SD
Marcedes Lewis TE JAC
Steelers DST

Defensively I'm set, good QB's and strong TD RB's. Little weak at WR, with the exception of Hines Ward. Happy enough with all that for the Ninth pick. It's about the same team that got me to the playoffs last year. Should be a lot of fun and Kudos to Aberdonian Stu for setting it all up.

swano
21/08/2007, 3:02 PM
My Team:

QB Drew Brees NO

RB J Addai IND
RB A Peterson MIN

WR D Jackson SF
WR B Edwards CLE
WR M Colston NO

TE K Winslow
KI S Gostkowski NE
DST Ravens

RB B Jackson GB
WR I Bruce STL
TE M Pollard SEA
DST Titans
QB M Schuab

Pretty happy. Solid QB ans DST. One top RB and two potentially v good ones. Decent TE and kicker. Pretty weak at WR. Decent reserves and no problems for bye weeks unless I get injuries.

Should have a decent 1st week as NO are playing Indy so potential for a shoot out.

Soko
21/08/2007, 6:16 PM
AC ALittle.....

C Palmer
J Delhomme
V Morency
A Green
B Westbrook
R Brown
R Moss
M Clayton
T Glenn
B Watson
R McMichael
O Mare
J Wilkins
D Vikings

Thats an awful team. About as bad as you could have gotten as the autodraft is horrible for football

SkStu
21/08/2007, 6:22 PM
Bohemian RoughRiders

Bulger, Marc QB STL
Benson, Cedric RB CHI
McGahee, Willis RB BAL
Berrian, Bernard WR CHI
Evans, Lee WR BUF
Harrison, Marvin WR IND
Gonzalez, Tony TE KC
Gould, Robbie K CHI
DST Dolphins

Favre, Brett QB GB
McAllister, Deuce RB NO
Jones, Brandon WR TEN
Scheffler, Tony TE DEN
Akers, David K PHI

think that its actually as good a team in terms of strength in depth as i could hope to get. Good QBs, good WRs, good RBs. Im a bit disappointed in my TE though Gonzalez is a good player. Might have to replace Gould with Akers for kicking depending on how well the Bears are doing... pretty happy overall though.

max power
21/08/2007, 6:37 PM
who got reggie wayne ?????

swano
21/08/2007, 6:57 PM
Cliffords Clippers got Wayne.

Aberdonian Stu
21/08/2007, 7:04 PM
Disappointed with Gonzalez? Are you nuts?