PDA

View Full Version : St Pats Take over.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ebmania
13/03/2007, 8:55 AM
Anybody got news on the takeover talk in the Sun today that said a US Company had bought up a million euros worth of shares in Pats. Also talks about how Kerr will be brought back to the Club in some Capacity.

I seen Kerr there alot recently but to be fair he has always spend alot time at the club.

Dodge
13/03/2007, 9:05 AM
Its officially known as the Sshhh deal

Dr.Nightdub
13/03/2007, 9:08 AM
Never believe what you read in the Sun.

BohsPartisan
13/03/2007, 9:12 AM
Its officially known as the Sshhh deal
What? Pats are being taken over by an international Kebab shop franchise? :D

Dr.Nightdub
13/03/2007, 9:17 AM
First Patselona, now Abrekepatsra

Dodge
13/03/2007, 9:24 AM
delete that, and hang your head in shame

BohsPartisan
13/03/2007, 9:26 AM
So who is the DONER?

Peadar
13/03/2007, 9:31 AM
Pats have been takenover already, by delusion & arrogance!

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 9:34 AM
So who is the DONER?

;)

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 9:34 AM

You're just bitter that they left Cork!

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 9:35 AM

from a carkie!!

passerrby
13/03/2007, 9:35 AM
a million quid they were robbed

passerrby
13/03/2007, 9:36 AM
typical ireland overcharging our american cousins

Dr.Nightdub
13/03/2007, 9:56 AM
Nah, as WAR and DvB will no doubt point out, a million's a great deal, they're getting their hands on prime real estate in D8, Richmond will soon be apartments, Gerry Mulvey, Castlethorn, blah blah blah :D

Peadar
13/03/2007, 10:10 AM
A share in the boozer alone is worth a few bob.

BohsPartisan
13/03/2007, 10:20 AM
Nah, as WAR and DvB will no doubt point out, a million's a great deal, they're getting their hands on prime real estate in D8, Richmond will soon be apartments, Gerry Mulvey, Castlethorn, blah blah blah :D

Well, the thought crossed my mind too. Don't tell me you're willing to uncritically trust some mystery investors for from the states with your club.

WeAreRovers
13/03/2007, 10:24 AM

Doc, I'll join your Patrons Club or 500 Club or whatever it's called if Richmond is still a football ground in 5 years time.

Haven't been wrong yet in relation to developers and football grounds and don't expect to be this time. Rovers, Shels, Drogheda, Pats. It's a pattern not a coincidence.

Bohs are the only club not to have made a complete hash of this.

KOH

wws
13/03/2007, 10:38 AM
Well, the thought crossed my mind too. Don't tell me you're willing to uncritically trust some mystery investors for from the states with your club.

yup Bohspartizan!

ps he's not from the states, he lives down the road here actually!

BohsPartisan
13/03/2007, 10:45 AM
Bono???

wws
13/03/2007, 10:47 AM
THAT STORY in the sun is bullshiote
the real version will emerge over the next week
starting with tonite?

pete
13/03/2007, 12:28 PM
Anybody got news on the takeover talk in the Sun today that said a US Company had bought up a million euros worth of shares in Pats.

No disrespect to Pats but 1 million euro could buy you half the Premier division teams including Pats.

TheSaint2002
13/03/2007, 12:32 PM
not when you take shareholders into account many have pumped a lot money in over the years and deserve a tasty slice of the cake

Ebmania
13/03/2007, 12:47 PM
not when you take shareholders into account many have pumped a lot money in over the years and deserve a tasty slice of the cake
What u mean the Story will come out. You got any info on this.

Dodge
13/03/2007, 12:52 PM
All will be revealed later. Check out www.saintsforum.tk

TheSaint2002
13/03/2007, 12:59 PM
no info but just thinking if these people (current shareholders) pumped money in over the years they should be entitled to some of it back because unsubstantiated rumours have it that 100 % stake in the club is being sought by the mystery investors. I for one wouldnt begrudge anyone trying to claw some of their cash back after giving pats a dig out over years.but speculation is irrelevant i suppose better to talk about the ins and out after the announcement.

monkey magic
13/03/2007, 1:01 PM
no info but just thinking if these people (current shareholders) pumped money in over the years they should be entitled to some of it back because unsubstantiated rumours have it that 100 % stake in the club is being sought by the mystery investors. I for one wouldnt begrudge anyone trying to claw some of their cash back after giving pats a dig out over years.

so roughly how many shares do you have??:p

TheSaint2002
13/03/2007, 1:06 PM
so roughly how many shares do you have??

;) ;) ;)

Dr.Nightdub
13/03/2007, 1:19 PM
Doc, I'll join your Patrons Club or 500 Club or whatever it's called if Richmond is still a football ground in 5 years time.

Definitely bookmarked! I was tempted to put money on this with youse before but that would've been unfair insider trading. So as a compromise way of lightening your wallet, that'll do nicely! :D

You were just dazzled by WWS' apparent sudden untypical outbreak of good sense and didn't see you were being sold a dummy. Putting two and two together from what I've heard over the last couple of months, I'm convinced this one's the real deal - if it's not I'll join your 400 Club in five years' time. (And no, for any smartarses, I am NOT a member already :p )

As regards this alleged million being invested, any glance through the CRO records would show that's the book value of Gerry Mulvey's shareholding alone. Given the fact that he'd want a return on his investment, it stands to reason there's got to be more than a million involved here.

DvB was actually unwittingly close with his TSTBARP though, but not in the way he thought. Hopefully the full details will be revealed later today - stay in touch with your pals in the news room! ;)

wws
13/03/2007, 1:25 PM
Definitely bookmarked! I was tempted to put money on this with youse before but that would've been unfair insider trading. So as a compromise way of lightening your wallet, that'll do nicely! :D

You were just dazzled by WWS' apparent sudden untypical outbreak of good sense and didn't see you were being sold a dummy. Putting two and two together from what I've heard over the last couple of months, I'm convinced this one's the real deal - if it's not I'll join your 400 Club in five years' time. (And no, for any smartarses, I am NOT a member already :p )

As regards this alleged million being invested, any glance through the CRO records would show that's the book value of Gerry Mulvey's shareholding alone. Given the fact that he'd want a return on his investment, it stands to reason there's got to be more than a million involved here.

DvB was actually unwittingly close with his TSTBARP though, but not in the way he thought. Hopefully the full details will be revealed later today - stay in touch with your pals in the news room! ;)

would you go and do one u hooped ballox

DvB
13/03/2007, 1:34 PM

To use your much used catchphrase, bookmarked!!

Koh

Dodge
13/03/2007, 2:43 PM
Hoopdub, will you ever learn?!

green-blood
14/03/2007, 9:58 AM
great,a benevolent benefactor... good for Pats.

Now, simple question - why?

Ringo
14/03/2007, 10:06 AM
Kerr was appointed to the new role by new owner Garrett Kelleher, a 44-year-old property developer

http://www.shelbournedevelopment.com/

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0314/stpats.html

geysir
14/03/2007, 10:42 AM
Kerr was appointed to the new role by new owner Garrett Kelleher, a 44-year-old property developer
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0314/stpats.html
So he owns the club, lock stock and barrel?

wws
14/03/2007, 10:52 AM
yes he did

A face
14/03/2007, 10:55 AM
Have Pats sold their soul ?? :confused:

WeAreRovers
14/03/2007, 10:57 AM

Asks the fan of a 20-year-old club. :eek:

KOH

wws
14/03/2007, 10:59 AM

PATS WERE OWNED 90% BY A PREVIOUS INVESTOR - he sold his stake to Kelleher's group - the other 10% of small holders (are i think, open to correction) legally obliged to sell on in these cases - they would have got the main sellers price as well

OneRedArmy
14/03/2007, 11:04 AM
not when you take shareholders into account many have pumped a lot money in over the years and deserve a tasty slice of the cakeI must have missed the bit in business school where an investment should be valued on the level of cash burned in previous years.

Are we back in the dotcom era?

paudie
14/03/2007, 11:06 AM

jeez, lads ye've been caught.

Obviously a plot by Ollie to get a Premier licence.

Expect Pats to drop the white sleeves on their jerseys, change name to Shelbourne 07 and move to Tolka Park for next season.;)

Dr.Nightdub
14/03/2007, 2:41 PM
Have Pats sold their soul ??

The key attraction for me and one of the main reasons why I am happy to come is that St Pat's will continue to play in Inchicore in what will be a modernised stadium...The thought of moving to somewhere like Tallaght was abhorrent to me...We have no intention of leaving Inchicore. The area needs St. Pat's and St. Pat’s needs the area.

How much clearer does it have to be? The soul of our club is in very good hands.

DvB
14/03/2007, 3:07 PM
How much clearer does it have to be? The soul of our club is in very good hands.

So Brian Kerr has the controlling interest in Pats then?
Or is he's merely going on what your new property speculating owner has told him!?
Not saying that this aint the holy grail you all seem to think it is, its just i wouldnt be quite so happy until i'd seen the guy walk the walk after all this talking he seems to be doing through Kerr!

Keep your eyes & ears open would be my opinion, at least until you're 100% sure of his long term intenions!

Koh

Dodge
14/03/2007, 3:34 PM
No one knows DvB, some of us are slightly more grounded than others BUT Brian Kerr is god, and if he's attached that'll keep me happy for a little bit. A relation of mine has seen the plans he submitted months ago to DCC and they're ambitious but acheivable. Very little pie in the sky stuff that LOI chairman seem to love

I've done a bit of research on Kelleher for the past number of months. He's notoriously private regarding his business deals. Coming out so open about this one makes no sense and is totally at odds to his usual way.

His PR drive this week alone is impressive

Dr.Nightdub
14/03/2007, 3:45 PM
So Brian Kerr has the controlling interest in Pats then?
Or is he's merely going on what your new property speculating owner has told him!?
Not saying that this aint the holy grail you all seem to think it is, its just i wouldnt be quite so happy until i'd seen the guy walk the walk after all this talking he seems to be doing through Kerr!

OK listen, I accept you are far more familiar with property development and land banks and so on than me, and yes, I know you've been saying to me for yonks that this has all the hallmarks of big property deals you've seen happen before.

But bear in mind there's an equal possibility - the same building blocks (no pun intended! :D ), parcels of land, etc are being put in place in Inchicore for something that you or me or no-one else has ever seen before simply cos it's never been tried in this town before.

Of course I want to believe it's true and not believe the worst, same as any Pats fan. We all dream. But it's not just blind optimism on my part, it's also putting the two and two's together. I just posted this a couple of minutes ago on our forum, so to save meself the bother of retyping it all again...

The bit that makes me 110% convinced that all this is on the level is Kerr saying in today's Mirror that "“I told Johnny that Garrett didn’t want to come on board unless I was involved.”

Any doubting Thomases should note the sequence: no Kerr, no Kelleher. That's the key to this whole thing.

If Kelleher was merely after a land grab, he'd've simply plonked down €X million last autumn when he first came on the scene, Mulvey and some others would've probably bitten his hand off and we'd be much more at risk of a Milltown scenario.

That didn't happen.

Yeah, Kelleher wants Kerr involved, but not as a smokescreen or a front man - don't forget he's big enough to be able to tell Donald Trump to do one, he doesn't bloody need front men. He wants Kerr cos of his unparalleled track record at developing underage football talent. I'm guessing if he's building the tallest building in the States, he's not one to settle for second best at anything, be it skyscraper-building or youth development. Don't forget he went to the States on a tennis scholarship so he knows a bit about development of young sporting talent.

Go back donkey's years, to when the Ajax kit made a brief appearance in Richmond. That followed a visit to their academy in Amsterdam around the end of Kerr Era 1. You reckon whatever impression that visit left has been totally lost? I'm only putting two and two together out loud here, but I'd like to think that's what Kelleher and Kerr are aiming for.

Like I said, no Kerr, no Kelleher. Yes Kerr, yes academy, yes Kelleher, yes a revitalised Pats, yes a revitalised Richmond, yes a revitalised Inchicore, yes a bright gleaming future.

You want to see him walk the walk? He already has - he walked away last autumn, when we all first heard about him and thought all our Christmases had come at once. At the risk of repeating myself, no Kerr, no Kelleher. But Andy obviously didn't delete his number from his mobile and now we're at yes Kerr, yes Kelleher.

Hence my optimism. Now I'd love to stay and debate the thing with you some more but as you know, I'm in the process of moving. Pats aren't! :D

geysir
14/03/2007, 3:47 PM
Ive done a bit of research on Kelleher for the past number of months. He's notoriously private regarding his business deals. Coming out so open about this one makes no sense and is totally at odds to his usual way.
You have to hope that he has the interests of the club at heart. He can do anything he wants. Are the interests of the club protected in legal documents?

Dr.Nightdub
14/03/2007, 3:55 PM
He's notoriously private regarding his business deals. Coming out so open about this one makes no sense and is totally at odds to his usual way.

Maybe, just maybe, it's cos this isn't simply just another business deal to him - and a very chickensh1t one too, compared to some of his other stuff. Maybe it's cos he's got a personal interest in this beyond the money element?

Jerry The Saint
14/03/2007, 3:58 PM

It's been hugely impressive.

Fearing the worst you could say that Kerr is either

A. Being lied to just as much as the rest of us.

or

B. In on the scam.

Neither scenario seems particularly likely to me but if they were true you'd have to wonder - why would Kelleher bother:confused: This is small fry compared to the attention and hassle that building Chicago's biggest skyscraper will bring you. He could have easily done a land grab without the PR blitz and building up of (possibly) false hope :eek: And why would there be plans to renovate Richmond - he could have come out with some pie-in-the-sky super stadium scheme down the road somewhere with no intention of ever building it?

Anyway, while there's still questions to be answered at least one clear thing has emerged that we can all agree on.

Tallaght is abhorrent.

:D

wws
14/03/2007, 4:02 PM
bang on jerry

but i suspect the 'Special K' team will be addressing the Pats massive on Friday directly.

There will also be a Big Macnas display - I urge all EL fans to give up supporting their clubs and follow Pats. The Delaneyship is dead. Long Live the Republic of Inchicorestan!

Dr.Nightdub
14/03/2007, 4:07 PM
I urge all EL fans to give up supporting their clubs and follow Pats.

Nah, as we saw the other night, it's far more fun when there's fans of other clubs to humiliate.

We're from Inchicore and we're richer than you!

Jerry The Saint
14/03/2007, 4:09 PM
Maybe, just maybe, it's cos this isn't simply just another business deal to him - and a very chickensh1t one too, compared to some of his other stuff. Maybe it's cos he's got a personal interest in this beyond the money element?

This very week, Kelleher has been meeting with community representatives and other groups in Chicago to win support for his other (150-story, $2bn) project. The final plans will be unveiled in the next few weeks. Genuinely surprised to see him in Richmond yesterday but this would appear to back up the point above.