PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Doyle and Pat Dolan

Pages : [1] 2

Dodge
05/01/2007, 6:31 PM
Anyone see the interview with Kevin Doyle on sky sports news? Your man said "You don't have am agent, did that make things easier when dealing with the club?"

Doyle replied "I don't have an agent but my old manager looks after me. He's not an official agent but he advises and deals with the contracts and stuff. He's always looked after me"

What else does an agent do aart from that?

We (first Pats fans, then Cork fans) already knew this but I couldn't belive Doyle was so brazen about it. Doyle will earn more in a month with his new payrise than Cork got for his transfer...

Celdrog
05/01/2007, 6:59 PM
Anyone see the interview with Kevin Doyle on sky sports news? Your man said "You don't have am agent, did that make things easier when dealing with the club?"
Doyle replied "I don't have an agent but my old manager looks after me. He's not an official agent but he advises and deals with the contracts and stuff. He's always looked after me"

We (first Pats fans, then Cork fans) already knew this but I couldn't belive Doyle was so brazen about it. Doyle will earn more in a month with his new payrise than Cork got for his transfer...`

Takes 10%.

Dodge
05/01/2007, 7:04 PM
SO how much does an advisor get then?

LukeO
05/01/2007, 7:10 PM
A few slimfast shakes, explains a lot really.

razor
05/01/2007, 8:38 PM
We (first Pats fans, then Cork fans) already knew this but I couldn't belive Doyle was so brazen about it. Doyle will earn more in a month with his new payrise than Cork got for his transfer...I presume Pat won't have any knowledge of the actual contract or any clauses that may exist should Doyler move on. :rolleyes:
Sure Pat was probably over visiting the brother, handy.
Sickens me, it truly does.:mad: :mad:

micls
06/01/2007, 1:24 PM
God I hate Pat Dolan.....thoguh youll probably have some of our fans on saying how he had othing to do with it....or was only doing it for Doyler.

Wait till Wexford Youth gets up and going........Reading are drooling at the thought of it

Colm
06/01/2007, 1:35 PM
God I hate Pat Dolan.

Why do you hate him?
Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? I do and he's a lovely chap, a complete gentleman. And its worth noting that no other man has ever even come close to doing as much good for Cork City as Pat did, thats an undeniable fact despite what you and some other ''fans'' say.

pete
06/01/2007, 3:58 PM

Nothing. An adviser is an unlicenced agent & therefore has to be illegal. I cannot see that have to be paid to be an agent. Dolan is two faced & a hypocrite. Notice how he doesn't go on this anti-english football & pro eL rants anymore? I think he has just given into the jure of money.

:o :(

Burnsie
06/01/2007, 4:49 PM
Nothing. An adviser is an unlicenced agent & therefore has to be illegal.

ah here. what about michael kennedy, who acts for dave o'leary, roy keane, shay given, etc? do you really know anything about what "agents" do, or indeed what dolan actually had to do with doyle's negotiations?

Notice how he doesn't go on this anti-english football & pro eL rants anymore?

that's a lie. he gave a very robust defence of eircom league football just last week on the setanta sports review, which he featured on alongside felix healy. this to my knowledge was his most recent media appearance.

Dodge
06/01/2007, 5:54 PM
Why do you hate him?
Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? I do and he's a lovely chap, a complete gentleman. And its worth noting that no other man has ever even come close to doing as much good for Cork City as Pat did, thats an undeniable fact despite what you and some other ''fans'' say.

I met him. I know him personally. He's a slimy two faced **** who'd sell his kidney if it got him more power. He doesn't really talk to me anymore.

Good on setanta though and I'm glad he's losing weight

pete
06/01/2007, 6:18 PM
ah here. what about michael kennedy, who acts for dave o'leary, roy keane, shay given, etc? do you really know anything about what "agents" do, or indeed what dolan actually had to do with doyle's negotiations?

Kennedy is a solicitor by trade so he deals with contracts for some players managers. As mentioned above Doyle said Dolan deasl with his contracts negotiations.

In order to become an official football agent, you have to pass an exam set by FIFA and your national football association. Dolan is not registered according to the FIFA site.

A face
06/01/2007, 7:41 PM
Why do you hate him?

Because he is a complete hypocrite

Have you ever met him?

Yes

Do you know him personally?

Yes

I do and he's a lovely chap, a complete gentleman.

Your opinion, you're entitled to it. ("Lovely club")

And its worth noting that no other man has ever even come close to doing as much good for Cork City as Pat did, thats an undeniable fact despite what you and some other ''fans'' say.

That is a ridiculous unfounded statement to make and something that a large section of Cork City support and the general public in Cork would dispute. Infact alot of people would share the opinion that he undid any good he ever did for City with his behaviour and actions.

He was fired as manager of Cork City because he was wreckless and was close to doing irreparable damage to the club. That is two eircom League clubs now who have got away with it by the skin of their teeth, although in Cork Citys case i think Lennox was more timely in getting rid of him. Maybe Lennox had learnt from St. Pats mistakes, maybe he was just wise to Dolans destructiveness, who knows.

One thing for sure though, there will come a time where a club will get caught. Pat Dolan could actually be compared to ‘pyramid selling’, it seems like a good idea at the time. And its damn hard to face the facts and cut your loses, but you just know the longer you stay in, the more damaging it will be in the long run. Sooner or later you will have to draw the line and hope that you can cut your loses and move on.

kdjaC
06/01/2007, 9:02 PM
One thing for sure though, there will come a time where a club will get caught. Pat Dolan could actually be compared to ‘pyramid selling’, it seems like a good idea at the time. And its damn hard to face the facts and cut your loses, but you just know the longer you stay in, the more damaging it will be in the long run. Sooner or later you will have to draw the line and hope that you can cut your loses and move on.

Jesus your a bitter lot down in Cork, not Dolans fault Lennox wasnt managing the finances better after all Dolan was team manager as stated by Lennox numerous times, he wanted what was best for the team lennox couldnt provide it (training ground?). But hey thats what your players said about it so obviously untrue.

Facts: Dolan won leagues with pats, created the best Cork side ever, saved waterford from relegation. Dolan wanted to push teams to the next level clubs were not ready off the pitch for that. But lets overlook that when looking for a scapegoat for our clubs misfortunes. I dont blame Dolan for what happened Pats in 02 there are others who claim that blame, all Dolan did was let them buy shares :p

kdjac

Dodge
07/01/2007, 12:00 AM
Facts: Dolan won leagues with pats, created the best Cork side ever, saved waterford from relegation. Dolan wanted to push teams to the next level clubs were not ready off the pitch for that. But lets overlook that when looking for a scapegoat for our clubs misfortunes. I dont blame Dolan for what happened Pats in 02 there are others who claim that blame, all Dolan did was let them buy shares :p

First of all Dolan signed neither of John O'Flynn or George O'Callaghan so he inherited the best Cork side ever.

Secondly he is 80% at fault for Pats financial problems. None of which relate to the registration season.

A face
07/01/2007, 2:15 AM
Jesus your a bitter lot down in Cork, not Dolans fault Lennox wasnt managing the finances better after all Dolan was team manager as stated by Lennox numerous times, he wanted what was best for the team lennox couldnt provide it (training ground?). But hey thats what your players said about it so obviously untrue.

kdjac

I know you might be reacting to me posting there, but i think you are way off the mark. I'd be more interested in hearing what you ACTUALLY have to say rather than your reaction to other posts :eek:

Postman
07/01/2007, 7:55 AM
I know you might be reacting to me posting there, but i think you are way off the mark. I'd be more interested in hearing what you ACTUALLY have to say rather than your reaction to other posts :eek:

What exactly did Dolan do down at Cork that was so unnforgiveable? I know about him setting Doyle buy out clause and then making Reading aware of it but surely Lennox was aware of this buy out clause so where the major probelm? Apart from the whole Doyle thing what exactly did Dolan do wrong at Cork?

lofty9
07/01/2007, 9:21 AM
What exactly did Dolan do down at Cork that was so unnforgiveable? I know about him setting Doyle buy out clause and then making Reading aware of it but surely Lennox was aware of this buy out clause so where the major probelm? Apart from the whole Doyle thing what exactly did Dolan do wrong at Cork?

Something I know nothing about, but he was sacked by Cork when the team had just finished 2nd in the league and they had went on a great unbeaten run at the end of that season. Obviously, there must have been issues behind the scenes that led to his sacking. What I do know of him he likes his Chairmen to spend big and provide him with a big budget to work with. Him and Ollie would have been well suited. He left Pats in a bit of a state when he left and it just seems they are beginning to recover from his time. I doubt he'll get another job in Ireland due to these demands, unless Waterford need to pay a bonus for his services again.

The man is pure cringe material too. Every time one of his teams played Derry - he was coming out in the local press saying how much he loved Derry City and the fans. Probably said this to every town and City he visisted throughout the years. But what topped it off was when he started to CRY after Waterford had beaten Derry at the Brandywell, apologising to Derry fans. The man is a Patrionising Prat and a fraud!

GavinZac
07/01/2007, 10:35 AM
Why do you hate him?

seriously, its like you're in a cult or something.

A face
07/01/2007, 1:24 PM

Dolan was employed as a manager, he was operating outside his job spec shall we say .... which is all well and good if it benefits the club. When it doesn't it poses a problem for the club. eL clubs have enough to contend with without having to curtail the managers actions.

But what topped it off was when he started to CRY after Waterford had beaten Derry at the Brandywell, apologising to Derry fans. The man is a Patrionising Prat and a fraud!

Hes a very emotional guy is Pat, he cried several times after cup defeats etc. in Cork, oh the drama of it all. I blame the PR company he hired, they must have been cutting the wrong onions :p

seriously, its like you're in a cult or something.

Its funny cos its true !! :p

rebs23
07/01/2007, 1:25 PM
Why do you hate him?

Take the quotation marks away there when you refer to "fans" such as myself who never did buy into the whole Dolan myth.
Does it make you a better fan because this love of yours for Dolan is still going strong? Strange logic there. As for "no man has ever done so much for Cork City", words just fail me.:mad:

A face
07/01/2007, 1:28 PM
Take the quotation marks away there when you refer to "fans" such as myself who never did buy into the whole Dolan myth.
Does it make you a better fan because this love of yours for Dolan is still going strong? Strange logic there. As for "no man has ever done so much for Cork City", words just fail me.:mad:

I hear you man, you just cant articulate a response to that kind of stuff can you !! :rolleyes:

Dont believe the hype people.

Dr.Nightdub
07/01/2007, 2:20 PM
Why do you hate him?

"No other man"? Would've thought Brian Lennox would be better placed to stake a claim to that honour.

If you removed the words "as much good for" from that sentence, you'd be closer to truth. Next time you see him, ask him about team meals in the Rochestown Lodge Hotel. Bet he changes the subject in ten seconds flat.

Like Dodge, I met him many times while he was with Pats. I s'pose like most Pats fans, I was taken in by him but the mask well and truly slipped in his last year with Pats and he was revealed as a nasty, vindictive man who felt he was above criticism.

Unlike Cork, where Lennox could at least keep him on a leash, there was no-one at Pats to rein in his wilder excesses. So we got the nonsensical failed merger with St.Francis and all that brought in its wake, the biggest squad in the country which we could in no way afford, the registration fiasco (not his fault that it happened, but how it was mis-handled was entirely his fault) and ultimately, the closest brush with relegation Pats had ever faced. A lot of very good people who worked behind the scenes for the club left, either cos they were pushed or cos they couldn't abide dealing with him. He may have put Pats on the map but he damn near wiped us off it too.

As regards his record at Pats, even there you have to separate reality from the Dolan mythology. We won the League under him in 1998. The next year, it was under Liam Buckley. He could've delivered another title in 2002 but the way he approached the registration crisis and p1ssed off the FAI meant that Merrion Square were never gonna let us win it.

Like Dodge, I'm off Dolan's Xmas card list and believe me, it doesn't keep me awake at night.

Dodge
07/01/2007, 2:33 PM
He may have put Pats on the map
*cough* BRIAN KERR *cough*

pete
07/01/2007, 3:38 PM
Dolan was sacked for undermining the Chairman in the media. In pre season he criticised the inadequate training facilities in the local media was also suppose to have encouraged some players to back him up in the media too. Our chairman saw this as unacceptable as was basically creating excuses for those players for the season ahead. 9 months later the same squad minus best player gone to Reading won the league.

I am sure Dolan is a very personable character who gets on first name basis with fans. In this way he not unlike a cult leader.

City fans mainly don't like him for his part in Doyles move to Reading. Eamonn Dolan works for Reading so doesn't take much to join the dots. Furhermore Dolan is an advisor/manager/agent of Kevin Doyle.

A face
07/01/2007, 4:16 PM
Dolan was sacked for undermining the Chairman in the media. In pre season he criticised the inadequate training facilities in the local media was also suppose to have encouraged some players to back him up in the media too.

There were also his regular hissy fits and not turning up to critcal meetings and alot more besides i'd say.

micls
07/01/2007, 5:47 PM
I think your question has been answered many times over COlm.

We know you have undying love for Pat, enjoy it, but surely even you were laughing a you wrote the 'no one did more for the club bit'

razor
07/01/2007, 8:43 PM
Why do you hate him?
One wonders sometimes when people are taken in by a scam or some David Koresh type how certain people can be so gullible but I guess Dolan has suckered enough people over the years. Its hilarious though.
He almost bankrupted us and after he was sacked set about his revenge, Reading did not know about the clause nor Shane Long. Not for long they didn't. :mad: :mad:

We know you have undying love for Pat, enjoy it, but surely even you were laughing a you wrote the 'no one did more for the club bit'Don't be too sure, what really went on in the back of that jeep we'll never truly know.:eek:

SÓC
07/01/2007, 8:53 PM
Whatever about Doyle, even the most loyal of Dolanites have admitted that his involvment in Shane Long going to Reading stinks to high heaven. Reading signed a player they'd never heard about.

Then there is the whole issue of who advises the advisor, Pat's buddys at Cork City are the ones who did the real damage not Pat himself.

A face
07/01/2007, 9:26 PM
One wonders sometimes when people are taken in by a scam or some David Koresh type how certain people can be so gullible but I guess Dolan has suckered enough people over the years. Its hilarious though.
He almost bankrupted us and after he was sacked set about his revenge, Reading did not know about the clause nor Shane Long. Not for long they didn't.

Its geting ridiculous at this stage, its like some "fans" have the Stockholm Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome), they should hate the guy but for some strange reason they have a loyalty to a guy where they should completely distrust him.

Then there is the whole issue of who advises the advisor, Pat's buddys at Cork City are the ones who did the real damage not Pat himself.

These are the worst kind of "fans", these guys are doing untold damage ..... and mascarading as supporters of the club too, which is expotentially worst than being a Dolanite.

DmanDmythDledge
07/01/2007, 9:39 PM
Whatever about Doyle, even the most loyal of Dolanites have admitted that his involvment in Shane Long going to Reading stinks to high heaven. Reading signed a player they'd never heard about.
When Steve Coppell came over to look at Doyle he noticed Long and decided to sign him.

SÓC
07/01/2007, 10:06 PM
When Steve Coppell came over to look at Doyle he noticed Long and decided to sign him.

:rolleyes:

That would be the greatest piece of Shane Long related fiction since the "Pat Dolan discovered him" story

Sure Coppel noticed Shane. He must have been very impressed by the way he sat in the stand...

...Coppel never saw Long play for Cork City, Cork City fans barely saw him play, save for a few minutes against Bray. Shane wasnt near our first team at the time and sure even by his own admission Coppel was langerz when he saw Doyle play:eek:

DmanDmythDledge
07/01/2007, 10:10 PM
:rolleyes:

Sure he did...

...Coppel never saw Long play for Cork City, Cork City fans barely saw him play, save for a few minutes against Bray. Shane wasnt near our first team at the time and sure even by his own admission Coppel was langerz when he saw Doyle play:eek:
Well if it wasn't Coppell it was someone else from Reading.

SÓC
07/01/2007, 10:14 PM

Maybe it was the guy who is in charge of their academy...http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/AcademyStaff/0,,10306,00.html

...but then again like I say he wouldnt have seen him play for Cork City FC in the eircom League and given they were so unsure about Doyle it seems bizzare. They would not have noticed Shane while looking at Doyler;)

A face
07/01/2007, 11:49 PM

At ... Straws .... clutching (http://www.smddrums.com/woodcell/straws.jpg)

DmanDmythDledge
08/01/2007, 12:06 AM
At ... Straws .... clutching (http://www.smddrums.com/woodcell/straws.jpg)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2093-2136208_2,00.html

Page 2, about half way down.

A face
08/01/2007, 12:46 AM

Ahh .... :p ..... when i answered you post, i was answering to the semantics of it. Someone already in this post said that there is no way that someone could have seen Long in a competitive game without getting an inside track from someone, namely Dolan.

Bare in mind City fans would have heard of Long in the U21s to a certain extent. There is NO WAY Reading did, Liam Murphy and Stewart Ashton are looking after U21s. You must remember, City fans have been over this so many times. You can try and wangle any old sort of story or series of events but it doesn't hold any water. Everything points to Dolan, and no amount of apologists will change that.

Your link to that article proved my point .... or did you post that intentionally? Did you have a change of heart? You're not very good at debating your point i'm guessing.

Risteard
08/01/2007, 1:13 AM
Is there Colmesque defenders of Dolan in Inchicore?

A face
08/01/2007, 1:26 AM

DmanDmythDledge, are you winding man? seriously ... are you taking the píss ??

Dodge
08/01/2007, 1:29 AM

Yep. Remember he did far more good for our club than yours. Far more bad too, which is why is he's hated more in Inchicore too.

londonhoop
08/01/2007, 7:35 AM
Why do you hate him?

Dead right.I have met Pat too and he is a true gent.

SÓC
08/01/2007, 9:32 AM

That article confirms everything we've told you ;)

Key words include Dolan, Eamon, brother, Pat.

Or maybe they did sign him because someone saw him for about eight minutes in a pre-season friendly against Cobh...:rolleyes:

Pablo
08/01/2007, 9:40 AM
Why do you hate him?

Ah yes "Colm" Dolans internet warrior protector.

Its a pity he cant see all he has done. Thank God Brian Lennox sacked him and put him in his place.

Hecko
08/01/2007, 10:11 AM

Bang on SOC. There are none so blind as will not see....

Nothing against Dolan as a "gent", but those City/Pats fans that have not seen his true effect on our clubs are one step removed from believing in the tooth fairy...
It never ceases to amaze me how intelligent people still follow believe his guff.

galwayhoop
08/01/2007, 2:39 PM
He's a slimy two faced **** who'd sell his kidney if it got him more power. ...... I'm glad he's losing weight

side effect of living with only one kidney :D :D

GavinZac
08/01/2007, 3:52 PM

of course he was a gent. he'd be a great used car salesman.

"beautiful city, beautiful people... now you too can own a beautiful car, from Rebel Motors. The pride, the passion, can you feel it? Mahvelous!"

A face
08/01/2007, 4:35 PM
"beautiful city, beautiful people... now you too can own a beautiful car, from Rebel Motors. The pride, the passion, can you feel it? Mahvelous!"

Ah yes, the passion .... least we forget the passion .... ehh ..... ehh ..... I stitched them up right proper .... at least you still have the passion !! :eek: :rolleyes:

passerrby
08/01/2007, 5:44 PM
met him a few times came across as a self promoting prat (him not me)

Colm
08/01/2007, 6:28 PM

"Fan"

I am sure Dolan is a very personable character who gets on first name basis with fans. In this way he not unlike a cult leader.

He gets on with fans and players alike. Do you not see it as strange that players such as Georgie, Doyler, Colin O'Brien, O'Flynn, Kearney etc all stayed so loyal to the man even after he was sacked. Of course as is typical with Cork City fans they turned against him and were brainwashed, the same way they turn against everyone eventually..... even poor Georgie has to put up with their ****e now.

We know you have undying love for Pat, enjoy it, but surely even you were laughing a you wrote the 'no one did more for the club bit'

Explain? I was dead serious. He was responsible for raising the clubs profile to untold levels, brought in the biggest ever sponsorship deal in Irish football, brought in a load of professional off the field staff who unfortunately have all since left the club and built the best ever team Cork football has seen.... unfortunately most of that team has now left too.:(

I think it speaks volumes that Dolan is most popular amongst Rovers and Derry fans, true football people.

razor
08/01/2007, 8:49 PM
built the best ever team Cork football has seen.... His silverware haul says it all

And if Pat ever asks you to come stay at his new Mount Carmel ranch be sure to accept. :D :D :D

SÓC
08/01/2007, 9:31 PM
even poor Georgie has to put up with their ****e now.

Poor Georgie hardly helps his own situation going around saying what he does now does he?

I think it speaks volumes that Dolan is most popular amongst Rovers and Derry fans, true football people.

And the one fact that speaks even louder is that those who have had first hand experience of him at their clubs think the least of him (save for about 6 Cork City "fans"/bodyguards/kebab gathers)