passerrby
01/12/2006, 11:28 AM
just heard that the results are out any word from around the country

londonhoop
01/12/2006, 11:36 AM
So far only mufc have made it in.

Magicme
01/12/2006, 12:01 PM
Congrats to our Licencing officer, I know he works like a dog to get it done. Well done.

Conor H
01/12/2006, 12:02 PM
So have GUFC.Nothing official but AFAIK we met all the licensing Criteria.

OneRedArmy
01/12/2006, 12:27 PM
So have GUFC.Nothing official but AFAIK we met all the licensing Criteria.Fortunately its not a self-assessment, therefore this thread is about the official results.

Conor H
01/12/2006, 12:52 PM
Fortunately its not a self-assessment, therefore this thread is about the official results.

You wait and see.

OneRedArmy
01/12/2006, 12:54 PM
You wait and see.Have I any other alternative?

GavinZac
01/12/2006, 12:54 PM
You wait and see.

i gather thats the point of the thread :rolleyes:

geezer
01/12/2006, 12:56 PM
its official got the word an hour ago from a director, and its a premier standard licence

sadloserkid
01/12/2006, 12:56 PM
So have GUFC.Nothing official but AFAIK we met all the licensing Criteria.

So then you haven't made it in yet surely? Obviously Galway are going to get a license Conor but show a little patience. :)

Conor H
01/12/2006, 12:57 PM
Have I any other alternative?

i gather thats the point of the thread :rolleyes:

Obviosuly the 2 of yee are awful good at picking up hints.As i said the Club haven't announced anything officialy so i won't be doing so either but GUFC will get their license.

Conor H
01/12/2006, 12:59 PM
its official got the word an hour ago from a director, and its a premier standard licence

Nice one geezer....i didn't want to say anything until it was announced but seen as Directors have stated it Publicly GUFC have been Granted a premier A License.

Mental Man
01/12/2006, 1:29 PM
Just confirmed also that the Blues have received their licence also, well done to the MC.:p

OneRedArmy
01/12/2006, 1:33 PM
Awaits news from Tolka..........gets a distinct whiff of fudge in the air......

Student Mullet
01/12/2006, 1:44 PM
It'd really free up the FAI's hand if there was an extra place in next season's premier available.

desaintsno.12
01/12/2006, 1:49 PM
galway have a premier licence ??? good news.
Waterford ??, which licence did they get

WeAreRovers
01/12/2006, 1:58 PM

Don't worry Shel's will get one just to totally undermine the whole licencing system. :rolleyes:

KOH

thomas
01/12/2006, 2:03 PM
Don't worry Shel's will get one just to totally undermine the whole licencing system. :rolleyes:

KOH

Just as well!

higgins
01/12/2006, 2:17 PM

KOH

Well hopefully they don't...

pete
01/12/2006, 2:19 PM
Under what circumstances could a club which had a licence last season lose it this season?

John83
01/12/2006, 2:22 PM
Under what circumstances could a club which had a licence last season lose it this season?
The most likely one is not having a valid tax clearance cert (I'm not sure of the correct name). Obviously, infrastructural ones should be okay.

pete
01/12/2006, 2:23 PM
The most likely one is not having a valid tax clearance cert (I'm not sure of the correct name).

Clearly clubs can still get tax clearance certs even if owe the tax-man money? However the tax man might be a big tougher this year?

Peadar
01/12/2006, 2:24 PM
I just heard the licence dispensing system (http://www.africa-trade.ci/china/export-toilet-paper/images/jumbo-paper-dispenser.jpg) is out of order and as soon as it's fixed, everyone will get their licence!

John83
01/12/2006, 2:27 PM
Clearly clubs can still get tax clearance certs even if owe the tax-man money? However the tax man might be a big tougher this year?
I don't know what grounds they withhold one on. Clearly they're not too quick to do it - there were clubs with valid certs last year who had winding up orders and DC who went bankrupt, so maybe it's a big deal to lose it. Maybe someone who works in that area can explain.

higgins
01/12/2006, 2:38 PM
I doubt shels with a winding up order out against them could get a TCC!
If they do then we are going nowhere...

gufct
01/12/2006, 2:49 PM
GUFC have their Premier A but the IAG are the deciding body for the 12 team premier.We actually got the word earlier in the week but we didnt leak it.All teams were told so I presume there will be more announcements. The Taxman might actually withdraw Shels Tax Clearence Cert after Ollies latest outburst last week.

Im in Business and if you **** with the taxman your one silly man.

OneRedArmy
01/12/2006, 3:19 PM
I doubt shels with a winding up order out against them could get a TCC!
If they do then we are going nowhere...I presume you are safely in the Witness Protection Programme making comments like that Higgins? :D

BohsFans
01/12/2006, 3:27 PM

KOH

yeah and your club has never done it b4:rolleyes:

WeAreRovers
01/12/2006, 3:34 PM
yeah and your club has never done it b4:rolleyes:

Typical Bohs - willfully dim. :rolleyes:

For the 4098249,000000th time - the current owners of Shamrock Rovers were the ones who informed the licencing authority and the FAI about the irregularities in Rovers licence application. I doubt very much whether Higgins will do the same at Shels.

KOH

BohsFans
01/12/2006, 3:57 PM
Typical Bohs - willfully dim. :rolleyes:

For the 4098249,000000th time - the current owners of Shamrock Rovers were the ones who informed the licencing authority and the FAI about the irregularities in Rovers licence application. I doubt very much whether Higgins will do the same at Shels.

KOH

As sure as night follows day, the scum trot out the usual ****e!

YOUR club (I don't care who was running it) made a JOKE out of the system, so accept it.

WeAreRovers
01/12/2006, 4:06 PM
As sure as night follows day, the scum trot out the usual ****e!

YOUR club (I don't care who was running it) made a JOKE out of the system, so accept it.

As I said, willfully dim. Carry on.

KOH

chippie0001
01/12/2006, 4:51 PM
Bohs have a full premier division licence wil no strings attached. :eek:

Longfordian
01/12/2006, 5:29 PM
Full Premier Licence for LTFC also

Philly
01/12/2006, 5:33 PM
Where is everybody finding out about the results?

Well done to everybody whose clubs get through! Hopefully all will.

OneRedArmy
01/12/2006, 5:44 PM
Any news on what colour pen Sligo used this year?

sligoman
01/12/2006, 8:29 PM
Galway have a Premier licence but a first division squad:D.
Any news on what colour pen Sligo used this year?Pink, because we believe it's Delaney's favourite colour:p.

Buile Shuibhne
02/12/2006, 9:18 AM
Shels passed with flying colours.

Limerick didn't.

Kildare rumoured to be struggling.

Terry
02/12/2006, 9:32 AM
could we be looking at the end of senior football in Limerick?

surprised at kildare as I thought they spent this year getting there house in order??

So who's confirmed so far:

Shelbourne
Waterford
Longford
Bohemians
Galway all have received the A license.

Limerick have failed to get any.

Patrick Dunne
02/12/2006, 9:48 AM
According to todays Star 15 teams have got the Premier licence - all the existing top flight clubs plus Shamrock Rovers, Cobh Ramblers, Dundalk and GUFC.

Finn Harps, Kilkenny, Kildare, Monaghan and Athlone have all got First Division licences.

Limerick FC haven't been granted a First Division licence.

OneRedArmy
02/12/2006, 10:13 AM
Shels passed with flying colours.
Farce.

Thus completes the complete debasement of Licensing, which in fairness to Shels, was on its last legs anyway.

Completely and utterly meaningless process and a shame given the effort put in by many clubs.

jebus
02/12/2006, 10:13 AM
Limerick failed on the grounds that we didn't secure a long-term lease on Hogan Park. Apparantly we will have one by the end of next week at Jackman Park and so should be granted our licence on appeal

Mr A
02/12/2006, 10:24 AM
My understanding is that the only aspect that stopped Harps getting a premier license is our current lack of seats, which can be easily be remedied if the IAG/FAI were to put us in the premier.

chippie0001
02/12/2006, 10:46 AM
Just remember that its the FAI that award licences not the league. The same FAI that will now run our league. Just shows where this is going anyway :rolleyes:

How can a club that has a pending court case for a winding up order get a licence? Anyone know the answer to that one? Oh yeah, cause its the FAI! Football in this country is screwed with these idiots in charge and what's worse our clubs voted to put them in charge.

Terry
02/12/2006, 11:18 AM
Obviously they are 100% sure shels will overcome this winding up order too, after all they owe shels cash for winning the league !!!!

1Davy
02/12/2006, 11:26 AM
Obviously they are 100% sure shels will overcome this winding up order too, after all they owe shels cash for winning the league !!!!

After what Oillie said last week, how can they know he will use this money to pay anyone?

Poor Student
02/12/2006, 12:35 PM
What's the story with the Dublin City vacancy? When will they be making an announcement about that or decide who gets that place?

Mr A
02/12/2006, 1:28 PM
And if Limerick don't get sorted out (and I think they probably will) will there even be a vacancy, or in that case would the FAI look for two new teams?

sadloserkid
02/12/2006, 1:34 PM
And if Limerick don't get sorted out (and I think they probably will) will there even be a vacancy, or in that case would the FAI look for two new teams?

I would imagine that the delay with the whole new team issue is down to waiting to see if we do get the finger out and organise ourselves. As a big city that the league do want to keep we've been indulged quite a lot over the years and have possibly gotten a bit complacent. If Limerick was a smaller town we'd probably have been told to put up or shut up years ago. As it is... I think we'll be ok but it's going to be two steps back once more for us a club.

Terry
02/12/2006, 1:41 PM
Im guessing that the FAI would want everything sorted (by that I mean, winding ups, limerick, vacant dublin city position etc....) by the time they announce which teams play in which division for nexts years "Delaney Divisions" ???

pineapple stu
02/12/2006, 1:54 PM
For what it's worth, I was talking to the FAI on Thursday and brought up the licencing farce. They were adamant that it was being properly administered (as I actually agree it is, within its own definition). I mentioned that clubs were going into liquidation, getting winding up orders and failing to pay their players. The FAI noted that licencing had actually brought to the surface the issues which are now being dealt with by the Revenue (honest to God!) and that no club had outstanding payables at all under the definition, which was that (a) a wage had to be outstanding in the end of year audited accounts, (b) consent in writing from the player had to be missing and (c) they were given a year to pay off any such unconsenting outstanding payables. Something ridiculously fudgey like that. Licencing is utterly utterly meaningless. It really is a disgrace.