PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final ticket Sales - Update

Pages : [1] 2 3

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 11:35 AM
Any update form Pats on their tickets sales to-date ?

City haved sold out all their Lower East stand allocation, all of our Block A allocation in the West Stand (so the FAI have given us another block there), and about 200 in the South Stand buckets. All-in-all probably sold about 3,200 to-date through the club, and a few others directly through Ticketmaster to get into the East Upper (not many keen on being exoposed to the elements in the South Stand !). More sales still to come as well.

Did anyone buying 'neutral' tickets get an indication from Ticketmaster on how those sales are going ??

OneRedArmy
20/11/2006, 12:12 PM
Attendance going to be a fair bit lower than last season by the sounds of it.

Pats weren't confident of bringing a huge crowd and Derry's would seem to be in the 5-7k range max.

Wanderers now playing two rugby matches on the pitch on the previous day as well, after 3 weeks of internationals in wet weather. Good luck to the groundsmen.

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 12:22 PM
I'd guess attendance anywhere from 10-15,000, depending on how many Pats get.

Hopefully the weather won't be too bad on the 3rd, so a decent crowd of neutrals will turn-up on the day.

Still likely to be a disappointing attendance though - particularly in comparison to last year.

Jerry The Saint
20/11/2006, 12:36 PM
I'd guess attendance anywhere from 10-15,000, depending on how many Pats get.

To be fair, Inchicore is a very deprived area so not many will be able to afford the price of a ticket. I understand that the club is organising a raffle where 250 fans pay 10 cents each and the winner gets to go to the final.

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 12:53 PM
To be fair, Inchicore is a very deprived area so not many will be able to afford the price of a ticket. I understand that the club is organising a raffle where 250 fans pay 10 cents each and the winner gets to go to the final.

:D

Sorry Jerry - the 'deprived area' thing was just a subtle way of trying to say 'rough' to someone who hasn't got the first clue about Dublin.

wws
20/11/2006, 1:08 PM
I live there and I wouldn't class it rough - theres certainly a lot rougher areas IMO

factually it is 'deprived' though as its designated as such by the govt for grant purposes

MrJoeSoap
20/11/2006, 2:09 PM
To be fair, Inchicore is a very deprived area so not many will be able to afford the price of a ticket.

Aren't there tickets for a tenner? And a fiver for kids?

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 2:36 PM
Aren't there tickets for a tenner? And a fiver for kids?

I'm willing to Help Make Poverty History by doing a 'World's Tallest Man' impression (a la 'Scrubs') and go to the game with a Pats fan on my shoulders pretending we're just one very tall person.

So long as it's the Derry end I get to walk towards.... :D

OneRedArmy
20/11/2006, 2:45 PM
In fairness, its not like Derry is exactly Beverly Hills either!

garyderry
20/11/2006, 3:04 PM

and have the addition of paying transport for a 300 mile round trip and all the additional expense,

you can walk from inchicore and pay in cheaper to the north terrace than to pats own ground, so thats the most rediculous exuse ever,

Jerry The Saint
20/11/2006, 4:13 PM
you can walk from inchicore and pay in cheaper to the north terrace than to pats own ground, so thats the most rediculous exuse ever,

Sponsored walk to raise money for the price of a ticket - I like your thinking! :D

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 4:14 PM

We'll we've certainly got the hills, so we're at least half way there...... :D

OneRedArmy
20/11/2006, 4:14 PM
I think Jerry the Saint was being slightly sarcastic in relation to Steve's post in the other thread!

ger121
20/11/2006, 4:18 PM
I was at the 2003 final and was in with the Pats fans and my recollection is that they brought a good few thousand to that match. Hopefully the attendance may be over the 15,000 mark with a bit of luck and some good publicity

Peadar
20/11/2006, 4:24 PM
A good few Cork City fans have said that they're going.
Apologies in advance to our friends at St. Pat's but for very selfish reasons, we'll be cheering on the Derry lads.

wws
20/11/2006, 4:28 PM
doubt you'll be let in I'm afraid Peadar

security will be tight this year and they will be strictly enforcing the accents checking at the gates

OneRedArmy
20/11/2006, 4:28 PM
I can't have been the only one who sat/stood in the pouring rain last Wednesday evening who was depressed/annoyed/resigned to the ridiculous situation that was 30,000 odd people going to see possibly the worst game of football I've ever been at (which we all knew would be the case beforehand), 99% of whom wouldn't be seen dead at our domestic cup final.

Going over old ground I know, but still a ridiculous state of affairs.

dcfcsteve
20/11/2006, 4:32 PM

security will be tight this year and they will be strictly enforcing the accents checking at the gates

I've got his ticket, so you may well be right WWS....... :D

Kildare Lad
20/11/2006, 5:28 PM
How many fans will pats bring roughly? And where will the majority of the chanting pats fans be in the ground?

OneRedArmy
20/11/2006, 7:35 PM

security will be tight this year and they will be strictly enforcing the accents checking at the gatesI hear the FAI have purchased a special sing-song-accent-ometer especially for the event.

MrJoeSoap
20/11/2006, 7:38 PM
I hear the FAI have purchased a special sing-song-accent-ometer especially for the event.

And apparently they'll be checking sent and received text-messages, as well as mobile phone wallpaper and ringtones. If you have all the above criteria in order, security shouldn't be a problem at all really.

kdjaC
20/11/2006, 7:42 PM
How many fans will pats bring roughly? And where will the majority of the chanting pats fans be in the ground?

the back eight rows of blocks Q, R, S and T of the East Stand
Thats where the Pats fans will be but that spill over as its only 800 seats for the singing fans.

Im guessing Pats will bring 8-10k , last one leaving Inchicore turrs off the lights.

kdjac

Kildare Lad
20/11/2006, 8:01 PM
Oh F**k, Im after buying 4 tickets for the north terrace, because i thought that would be where the SEI's would be, will there actually be any chnaters in the North Terrace???

kdjaC
20/11/2006, 8:28 PM
Oh F**k, Im after buying 4 tickets for the north terrace, because i thought that would be where the SEI's would be, will there actually be any chnaters in the North Terrace???

The 2nd quote is from the club, they organised all the chanters to sit/stand there.

kdjac

CollegeTillIDie
20/11/2006, 8:37 PM
So in a season where the overall average attendances were DOWN big time, we are looking at an FAI Cup Final potential audience of 15,000-17,00 significantly DOWN on last season.

dcfcsteve
21/11/2006, 1:34 AM
So in a season where the overall average attendances were DOWN big time, we are looking at an FAI Cup Final potential audience of 15,000-17,00 significantly DOWN on last season.

CTID - look at the response I posted to your unfounded assertion on the attendances thread. By your own language, overall attendances can only be said to be down "a bit" this year on last season - and certainly NOT "down big time"

You're such a feckin raincloud on this topic. Cup Final attendances fluctuate heavily depending on the teams involved, and as last year was the highest paying audience for at least 30 years - surprise, surprise, this year's is likely to be down versus that. The year before that (2004) the attendnace was only c. 14,000, so last year's Cup Final attendance saw a massive year-on-year increase. Whoopee-do - what exactly did that prove or suggest then ? Did it herald a bright new dawn for Irish football, just like you're trying to use this year's likely attendance to suggest some sort of doom and gloom for our league....? :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2006, 7:14 AM
dcfcsteve

When summer soccer was first mooted back in around 2000. It's proponents were upbeat.They said if the surfaces improved , the product would improve . They were right.

They said if the product improved, the crowds would improve, they were badly wrong.

They said if the results in Europe improved, that the perception of the actual product would improve. To be fair to most of the media they concede the standard is better. However the crowds have gone the other way.

They said if we played in the summer months in the so called better weather,
that there would be no excuse for people not to attend games.
What has happened is , by playing right through the peak holiday periods,
crowds in June, July and August, are lower than they used to be in December , January, and February the coldest wettest most miserable, on average in the year.

You have been living in exile for some time now so I will forgive you not noticing this.

I am convinced that the only conclusion to be drawn from the above is
Irish people are a lazy shower of F***ers who are afraid of commitment to anything. Marriage, football teams it doesn't matter, they cannot be arsed to put any effort into supporting either !

They support their local publican but that's about it!:mad:

In a year where 2 of the top 4 clubs in the country almost went to the wall, you blame me for being pessimistic about it?

dcfcsteve
21/11/2006, 10:06 AM
dcfcsteve

When summer soccer was first mooted back in around 2000. It's proponents were upbeat.They said if the surfaces improved , the product would improve . They were right.

They said if the product improved, the crowds would improve, they were badly wrong.

They said if the results in Europe improved, that the perception of the actual product would improve. To be fair to most of the media they concede the standard is better. However the crowds have gone the other way.

They said if we played in the summer months in the so called better weather,
that there would be no excuse for people not to attend games.
What has happened is , by playing right through the peak holiday periods,
crowds in June, July and August, are lower than they used to be in December , January, and February the coldest wettest most miserable, on average in the year.

You have been living in exile for some time now so I will forgive you not noticing this.

I am convinced that the only conclusion to be drawn from the above is
Irish people are a lazy shower of F***ers who are afraid of commitment to anything. Marriage, football teams it doesn't matter, they cannot be arsed to put any effort into supporting either !

They support their local publican but that's about it!:mad:

In a year where 2 of the top 4 clubs in the country almost went to the wall, you blame me for being pessimistic about it?

Look at the response I put to your post under the Attendances thread. By your own language, attendances can only be considered to be down "a bit". I'll repeat again - that is by your own language. Furthermore - some clubs' attendances are up (including the vast majority of First Division teams) whilst some clubs are down. And surprise, surprise - it's on-the-field fortunes that by and large have determined which clubs face which. I can only assume a dislike of Summer football is causing you to latch on to what scant evidence we have re attendances and exaggerate it to try to bolster your own view on this matter.

Also - the figures you are using to make your judgement on attendances are those posted on the attendances thread. Your cheap shot about me being "in exile" (a strange exile though it is, for a man who has seen his team play 9 times in the flesh this season and has watched practically all of the 29 or so live games broadcasted this year...) is irrelevant to this. Are you trying to suggest that your attendance figures are based on in-depth on-the-ground knowledge of each and every club, rather than the stats given in the attendances thread ? If it's the latter, then my "exile" is completely irrelevant here... :rolleyes:

Please respond to my post on the attendances thread on this matter, as this thread is not the appropriate place for such a discussion, and I'd rather save everyone else form cutting and pasting here what I wrote there.

dcfcsteve
24/11/2006, 12:51 PM
As of yesterday, 4,200 tickets sold through Derry City FC.

Another couple of hundred likely to have been bought direct through Ticketmaster by fans who want to be under cover and above our singing section, rather than on the South buckets. Ticketmaster have also opened-up an additional block in the East Upper corner for City fans as well now.

Still fairly slow though.

How's Pat's sales going ?

Green&whitearmy
24/11/2006, 1:16 PM
Cup Final attendances fluctuate heavily depending on the teams involved, and as last year was the highest paying audience for at least 30 years

In 1990 in the cup final there was 35000 in lansdowne at the bray v st francis, thats less then 30 years ago. That will never happen again, I cant recall how much the tickets were but they would have made a good lot of money from it.

Peadar
24/11/2006, 1:30 PM
In 1990 in the cup final there was 35000 in lansdowne at the bray v st francis, thats less then 30 years ago. That will never happen again, I cant recall how much the tickets were but they would have made a good lot of money from it.

Was there not a major ticket giveaway for that game? :confused:

Poor Student
24/11/2006, 1:36 PM
Was there not a major ticket giveaway for that game? :confused:

My brother told me half the Liberties got in for free.

Ash
24/11/2006, 1:47 PM
FAI offering discounted tickets to International block bookers.
€15 for the East Stand I think.

Peadar
24/11/2006, 2:18 PM
My brother told me half the Liberties got in for free.

I'm fairly sure there were thousands of tickets given away alright. The Liberties would have been a fairly poor area in the early 90's

LukeO
24/11/2006, 2:22 PM
I'd say Ballsbridge didn't know what hit it.

Peadar
24/11/2006, 2:31 PM
I'd say Ballsbridge didn't know what hit it.

I heard Lansdowne used to be a fine stadium until that weekend. :D

dcfcsteve
24/11/2006, 3:27 PM

There was a very big crowd at that game - but not as many as 35,000.

A very substantial number were let in for free on the day, as was promised in-advance. As stated elsewhere - half the Liberties got in for nought. The reason the FAI did this was because ticket sales were so poor in-advance. You don't let thousands in to an event for free if they're willing to pay to get in.

That's why I highlighted last year's final as having had the largest paying crowd in years....

OneRedArmy
24/11/2006, 3:31 PM
€15 for the East Stand I think................and not to EL supporters club block bookers.

The witchhunt continues :rolleyes:

grounded
25/11/2006, 8:36 AM
Has anyone here bought their ticket of Ticketmaster. This is what Im getting

"There was a problem processing your request. We apologise for any inconvenience.

() If you submitted an order, and are not sure if it went through please check Order History or contact Customer Service. "

It wont even let me select the ticket I want :confused: . Anyone else having the same problem??

gspain
25/11/2006, 8:48 AM
I don't remember any free tickets being given out in 1990. It was a novelty pairing and Vray had big support too. There was a feelgood factor before Italia90 as well.

The final was delayed for half an hour over the crowd if I remember correctly.

thedoyler
25/11/2006, 11:54 AM
The official attendance in 1990 AFAIK was 32,000, just asked my dad he played in it so he knows :D, bray brought just over 20k fans apparently, i cant imagine st.francis bringing 12,000 fans but maybe they did, he said he couldnt remember free tickets being given away, maybe everyone ever connected with the club came because lets be realistic they may never get there again. Funny, where have about 18,500 of those fans gone since 1990 :P!

Raheny Red
25/11/2006, 4:37 PM
According to yesterday's Star the FAI are expecting a crowd of 25,000. :eek: -> if they are expecting that many. Also the Atrane Boys Band are playing so I'm definitely going because of that :)

:D

hoops1
25/11/2006, 5:51 PM
The official attendance in 1990 AFAIK was 32,000, just asked my dad he played in it so he knows :D, bray brought just over 20k fans apparently, i cant imagine st.francis bringing 12,000 fans but maybe they did, he said he couldnt remember free tickets being given away, maybe everyone ever connected with the club came because lets be realistic they may never get there again. Funny, where have about 18,500 of those fans gone since 1990 :P!

it was 20+ thousand fans from St Francis basically it was everybody that lived or ever lived in the liberties that went

deecay
25/11/2006, 10:03 PM
is their many non pats and derry fans going. 4 of us are goin just for the day out and to say we were at the last football game in landsdowne. were in the south bucket seats and the santa suits might be making a reapperance in recognition of our night of halloween horror in derry

TheOwl
26/11/2006, 11:08 PM
it was 20+ thousand fans from St Francis basically it was everybody that lived or ever lived in the liberties that went

And their sons too!!! :D

I really can't remember anything about free tickets though. Again anybody with any connection to the Liberties went. Think the crowd was 32,000 alright, and AT LEAST 20,000 of them were supporting St. Francis.

I remember going to the semi-final v Bohs at Tolka that year too and there was a decent crowd of maybe about 8,000?

LukeO
27/11/2006, 12:12 AM

It was St. Francis who had the bigger support, not Bray.

dcfcsteve
27/11/2006, 12:24 AM
I can assure everyone 100% that sizeable numbers were let in for free on the day, and it was made known in-advance that this would happen.

I remember it clear as day myself. Hence a junior team and an unfashionable one pulled in c. 30,000.

Burny89
27/11/2006, 12:30 AM
remember that too Steve, wasn't it the first final at lansdowne too?

mandrake
28/11/2006, 7:02 PM
€15 for the East Stand I think.

Hey ash,

where did you hear about the discount, does it work, do u have to go to the fai in merrion sq.
it doesnt say anything on th efai website(surprise)

Ash
29/11/2006, 8:00 AM
Hey ash,

where did you hear about the discount, does it work, do u have to go to the fai in merrion sq.
it doesnt say anything on th efai website(surprise)

I got a letter from the FAI about it.
Thanking me and offering a discount of the Cup Final for my continued support
Had to contact them by a certain date as far as I know.

I'm out of the country at the moment so just had it read out to me over the phone. Dunno if there was anything else in it.