PDA

View Full Version : Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Bonovox
29/01/2008, 8:20 PM
Trapattoni now 4/1 and Venables back in to 6/4. This is all a scam and a fortune could be made on Venables each time he drifts like he did 2 hours ago. He will be announced this week. Trapattoni my ar$e!

mypost
29/01/2008, 8:55 PM
Won nothing with five outta ten of the clubs he managed.

And what did Paul Jewell ever win?? :confused:

Paddy Garcia
29/01/2008, 8:56 PM
As the days go by Terry looks a better & better appointment.

tetsujin1979
29/01/2008, 9:10 PM
As the days go by Terry looks a better & better appointment.Only because anyone we would have considered better is now employed elsewhere
At best, he's gone from "not a chance" to "better than what's left"

geysir
29/01/2008, 9:23 PM
The job has bi-passed Venables.

Totally bizzare betting on Trap on Betfair, a frenzied leap up to £155k in a couple of hours this afternoon then a deafening silence after 6pm.

eekers
29/01/2008, 9:40 PM
And what did Paul Jewell ever win?? :confused:

promotion to the premier league twice. why?

eirebhoy
29/01/2008, 9:42 PM
Trapattoni's teams:

--------------Buffon--------------------
Panucci---Nesta---Cannavaro---Zambrotta
--------Perrotta-----Zanetti-------------
--Camoranesi--Totti----Del Piero--------
---------------Vieri--------------------

----------------Quim-------------------
Miguel-----Luisão----R.Rocha---D.Santos
-----------Petit------Almeida-----------
--J.Pereira-----Geovanni-------Simão---
-------------Nuno Gomes---------------

One thing going for him is that formation. :) Keane would be the lone striker. Hunt the Camoranesi/Pereira. 2 or Duff/McGeady/Ireland would fill the other attacking spots. Carsley and Steven Reid in central midfield. Hunt would be required to get back when possession is lost but the other 3 attackers would usually stay up and wait for the break.

It wouldn't be the most beautiful football and would probably spend most matches sitting back for large portions but I'd say he'd give us as good a chance as anyone of getting to the world cup.

rovers77
29/01/2008, 10:06 PM
The job has bi-passed Venables.

Maybe he'll get the assistant manager job.

deecay
29/01/2008, 10:27 PM
Taken from wikipedia at 11.34pm tonight on Trappatoni

"He is one of the 18,000 or so former footballers widely tipped to be the next Republic of Ireland manager. Primarily by bored message board posters and bookmakers anxious for a new name to generate further mug punters beating a path to their door."

I love it:D

Bondvillain
29/01/2008, 11:13 PM
I blush.

Traps Cat
29/01/2008, 11:19 PM
According to SPN at 12.15 tonight:

Trapattoni "close" to agreeing terms with FAI

Personally , i hope its true

Torn-Ado
29/01/2008, 11:52 PM
Trappatoni eh?

Interesting.

Torn-Ado carresses beard gently in contemplation

NeilMcD
29/01/2008, 11:55 PM
According to SPN at 12.15 tonight:

Trapattoni "close" to agreeing terms with FAI

Personally , i hope its true

Thats just the same story on loop. If you watch Sky Sports News long enough you go mad and turn into Jaimie Redknapp, it happened a mate of mine called Paul and he ended up losing passports and missing flights etc

danonion
30/01/2008, 12:54 AM
I love Trapattoni! Where did the FAI pull this one out of????

Bondvillain
30/01/2008, 12:57 AM
I love Trapattoni! Where did the FAI pull this one out of????

paddypower.com, I believe.

The market was slowing.

His odds are due to slip tomorrow though. It's going to be Jean Tigana as red hot favourite tomorrow morning, then Aldridge again, Joe Royle zooms in at 3/1 fav at lunchtime, and allegedly Allardyce is due to be the unbackable favourite by teatime, finally being toppled by Houllier at 5/4 by nightfall.
(Michael Caine had 25k laid on him before anyone at Betfair realised he wasn't a real football manager, he just played one in "Escape to victory" , and promptly removed him.)

Rumours that Omar Troussier will be spotted having a slash outside break for the Border with John Delaney on Saturday night have been prepared, and will be released to the press for in time for the Sunday editions.

Paddy Power meanwhile, will be too busy rolling on his lovely piles of punters money to notice.

mypost
30/01/2008, 1:08 AM
promotion to the premier league twice. why?

The two ex-leading contenders for the Irish job, are back in club football, haven't won a game between them as yet, are bottom two in the EPL, and were knocked out of the cup by lower league sides.

Bizarrely, probably Irish logic, but that makes them suitable for our job to some people. We'd rather have those failures in charge, than bosses with successful track records. :confused: :rolleyes:

tricky_colour
30/01/2008, 1:59 AM
His press conferences would be more entertaining than Stan's, that's for sure ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqp64q7kHmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lLU5-yji8

This is a secret recording a rehersal of the speach he intends to give if he gets the Ireland job, if we can't qualify after that we never will :rolleyes:

tricky_colour
30/01/2008, 3:23 AM
His press conferences would be more entertaining than Stan's, that's for sure ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqp64q7kHmw

This is a secret recording of a rehearsal of the speach he intends to give if he gets the Ireland job, if we can't qualify after that we never will :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lLU5-yji8

Sligo Hornet
30/01/2008, 6:20 AM
Thats just the same story on loop. If you watch Sky Sports News long enough you go mad and turn into Jaimie Redknapp, it happened a mate of mine called Paul and he ended up losing passports and missing flights etc

:D:D........that Jamie Redknapp has alot to answer for....mind you you have to feel for him...have you seen how he dresses...always seems to be on his way back from a funeral!

RivaldoBabb
30/01/2008, 6:47 AM
just read his profile, won a trophy with every team he managed:ball:

Well, he wont be winning any trophies with our current crop of players.

Mind you, looking at that interview on youtube, he looks like he wont take any crap from the FAI... and he may even get Andy Reid off the pies.

He'd be a great appointment.

Angus
30/01/2008, 7:22 AM
Anybody hear Hunter on newstalk this morning ? He reckons there is something to the story but his sources tell him that it is nowhere near as advanced as Sky are indicating.

He also says trhat the 3 wise men have literally scoured the globe on this search - he made passing and cryptic reference to a schism between the 3 wise men - he mentioned Givens and Howe and that "...one of the team has a strong preference for Venables....."

It's like joining dots...

Dr. Ogba
30/01/2008, 8:17 AM
Hmmm a bit indifferent to Trappatoni...on the plus side I think he'd definitely have us keeping clean sheets but sure didn't Brian Kerr do that anyway? There is the niggling feeling though, as another poster pointed out, that this could be a Bertie Vogts-esque appointment which could end in disaster.

Having said that he's by far and away the most qualified of anyone that has previously been mentioned and a definite viable alternative to Venebles.

Money a problem though? will he have to be bought out of a contract?

Rossi
30/01/2008, 8:26 AM
Do you think Trapp is only interested because we have Italy in out group?

geysir
30/01/2008, 8:27 AM
Emmet Malone had a chat with Givens and the whole Trapattoni SSN speculation have been rubbished
No Trap talks (http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/sport/2008/0130/1201501727361.html)
I've heard he's the new favourite, but how many are we going to have?" he said. "When I see that story (Sky were reporting that the former Milan, Inter and Juventus boss was 'in talks with the FAI' about taking the job) I find it absolutely amazing because we haven't spoken to Trapattoni and I find it rather hard to believe that the FAI are going behind our backs."

Or could the FAI have gone behind the panels back? :eek:

Wolfie
30/01/2008, 8:33 AM
Anybody hear Hunter on newstalk this morning ? He reckons there is something to the story but his sources tell him that it is nowhere near as advanced as Sky are indicating.

He also says trhat the 3 wise men have literally scoured the globe on this search - he made passing and cryptic reference to a schism between the 3 wise men - he mentioned Givens and Howe and that "...one of the team has a strong preference for Venables....."

It's like joining dots...

Yeah I heard that Angus.

Hunter stated his sources confirmed that there is truth in that Trappatoni has expressed an interest but that a lot more needs to happen in order to secure him in the post. He made reference to the Sky Sports reports making it sound like more of a "done deal" than it actually is.

Hunter stated that Trappatoni's recommendation to the FAI would not be unanimously put forward by the 3 man interview committee because Don Howe is sticking by "close associate", (as Hunter called him) - Terry Venebles.

The (much maligned here) Don Givens is actively looking at alternatives to Vennebles which is leading to friction between Howe and Givens.

Hunter made reference to the panel spreading the net across Europe for a manager and that a few ambitious approaches have been declined.

Hunter was not at liberty to reveal his source of information on all of this.

shakermaker1982
30/01/2008, 8:41 AM
can we boot Don Howe off the panel? :)

Dr. Ogba
30/01/2008, 8:42 AM
yeah and correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't Hunter full of sh*te?

Stuttgart88
30/01/2008, 8:58 AM
Hunter is a tool of the highest order.

My Italian mate at work (a young lad, mid 20s) is an Inter fan and says Trappatoni is not the man to manage star players but is the man to get average players/ teams playing better.

He is renowned for being conservative as stated by many above.

That said, my mate had never even heard of Liam Brady!

Interesting development. The reality is that motivation and proper organisation will improve this team and I'm sure a guy with Trappatoni's experience can bring this, conservative or not.

geysir
30/01/2008, 9:11 AM
I think Given's statement holds more weight in this matter and there is no interesting development.

It's hardly rocket science for Hunter to claim that 3 football people would have a difference of opinion on a candidate, isn't that sort of thing normal.
Schism rocks Foot.ie shocker.

drummerboy
30/01/2008, 9:11 AM
Don't tell me, this isn't Alan Hunter, self appointed spokesperson for Republic of Ireland supporters. And here was me thinking (hoping) it was the English journalist.

NeilMcD
30/01/2008, 9:14 AM
Graham Hunter it was but he has a trick of seeming like he has an exclusive on something but talking about it in such a round about way and having so many caveats in it that he is actually not saying very much. As someone pointed out the sources are that Trappatoni is probably interested. The 3 man panel have probably not interviewed him.

geraldo1977
30/01/2008, 9:22 AM
Just heard that Michael O Leary paid a flying visit to the FAI this morning and they have interviewed him for the job!! Get on Paddy Powers now!!!!

BandofHorses
30/01/2008, 9:40 AM
Just heard that Michael O Leary paid a flying visit to the FAI this morning and they have interviewed him for the job!! Get on Paddy Powers now!!!!

the FAI will be broke paying for bags on away trips

NeilMcD
30/01/2008, 9:54 AM
Trappatoni has not been in contact with the FAI and he has been in Dubai all week.
just got a mail on this issue.

I spoke to a mate of his(Trappatoni) last night, 10.30pm, and at that point there had been no contact at all with FAI. Trappatoni has been in Dubai all week but is back now. The Italian I spoke to knows everybody and is a great source. He said: "You Irish love gambling and bookies love money."
So another great non-event!

Stuttgart88
30/01/2008, 9:57 AM
And the person who emailed you works for the organisation that started publicising the story.

Deckydee
30/01/2008, 9:59 AM
I would be concerned about his age

wexman
30/01/2008, 10:01 AM
dalglish is gona b new manager

joe_barry80
30/01/2008, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if he's appointed. Salzburg are doing bad in the league, they bought their way to success last year. Will probably bin him and get someone else, they have the cash. Wouldn't fancy him as manager of Ireland though.

Block G Raptor
30/01/2008, 10:20 AM

Ya Think? :confused:

Dr. Ogba
30/01/2008, 10:20 AM

source? in English?

wexman
30/01/2008, 10:26 AM
he will b watch

Stuttgart88
30/01/2008, 10:27 AM
r u 8?

lopez
30/01/2008, 10:28 AM
All this manager business is a load of cojones. Wake me up when they actually appoint someone and the person they appoint accepts. It's beyond a joke now. Who next? George Dubya Bush?:rolleyes:

joe_barry80
30/01/2008, 10:31 AM
It's on the Salzburg forum also, but started by an Irish person, the fans don't seem to bothered if he leaves. Too Defensive it seems. http://www.redbullsalzburg-board.com/rbsboard/index.php?showtopic=15277

Dr. Ogba
30/01/2008, 10:31 AM
wait & c, ul c who is 8 then

omg dat made me lol!

Sonic
30/01/2008, 10:33 AM
Good god here we go with another name linked with the job. By far and away the best person mentioned!!!

Noelys Guitar
30/01/2008, 10:53 AM
I went into the Clondalkin Paddy Powers today and all the staff are wearing Sombrero's, sun glasses and 'Viva Espana' was blaring out over the loudspeakers. Anyone know whats going on here?
signed
Shirtless D. Punter

dr_peepee
30/01/2008, 11:03 AM
I just can't agree with that. It's on in my house regularly in the mornings and early afternoons .

Nice to see it doesn't get in the way of Jeremy Kyle!!:D

lopez
30/01/2008, 11:08 AM
Nice to see it doesn't get in the way of Jeremy Kyle!!:DJeremy Kyle for Ireland manager. 'Shatap!! It's says my name on the door so I'm talking nah...oright sweeet?!'

livehead1
30/01/2008, 11:48 AM
Italian coach Giovanni Trapattoni has insisted that he is not in talks to become the new Republic of Ireland manager.

The veteran coach is currently in charge of Austrian first division side Salzburg and has moved to end speculation surrounding his future.

Curious

"I admire the imagination of certain managers. Two weeks ago, I was being linked with Africa, last week it was in England and now we are talking to Ireland," Trapattoni told the APA news agency.

"I'm curious to see where I will be next week."

It was reported on Tuesday that Trapattoni was in contact with the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) with a view to succeeding Steve Staunton who was sacked after failing to take the team to the Euro 2008 finals.

Experience

The 68-year-old has a wealth of experience and has coached clubs including AC Milan, Internazionale, Fiorentina, Juventus, Bayern Munich and Benfica.

He was also in charge of the Italian national team between 2000 and 2004.

from ssn