PDA

View Full Version : Gretna fans and Co

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aaron
29/07/2006, 12:45 AM
http://www.pieandbovril.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=43797&st=25

These boys dont half talk some balls!! Dont have a clue about LOI football!!:eek:

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2006, 12:50 AM
I love the comparison with Falkirk and Dunfermline!

Dazzy
29/07/2006, 12:55 AM
I love the comparison with Falkirk and Dunfermline!

Dunfirmline were quick to snatch a player we didnt even want!

Aaron
29/07/2006, 12:55 AM
MUPPETS are underestimating us!! Apparently we are a pub team!!:D :D

Soper
29/07/2006, 12:58 AM
Well, let them think that.Imagine the looks on their faces when Derry bamboozle them out of Europe:)

joema
29/07/2006, 1:13 AM
"It's a difficult enough draw. I remember seeing them on tv before and they have a guy that looked and played similar in style to Pavel Nedved"

This lad knows about Paddy McCourt anyway!

BohsFans
29/07/2006, 1:22 AM
I find it amazing that they are underestimating you so much, but then again, it is their 1st time in Europe!

Will McCourt be back?

Aaron
29/07/2006, 1:42 AM
He shud be hopefully!! Hope he scares ****e into them!!

Dazzy
29/07/2006, 2:17 AM
He will be back for the 2nd leg! hopefully, then pavel can show them how to play sorry paddy:D

mypost
29/07/2006, 3:36 AM
Full-timers, in season v Scottish lower league makeweights. Bit of a mismatch really. Derry should romp home both times.

alabama rover
29/07/2006, 5:07 AM
http://www.pieandbovril.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=43797&st=25

These boys dont half talk some balls!! Dont have a clue about LOI football!!:eek:

Got to Fancy Derryh with this Draw! Jaysus.. Just promoted to the scottish first division... And still in preseason! and cocky sh**es as well!

Mums the word lads! Do your talking on the pitch!

Good luck

KOH

pete
29/07/2006, 10:08 AM
Funny guys on that forum. Then again i would not expect lower league scottish team to know much about european football. Bit of a no win situation in Ireand though as they only a scottish 1st division side. Important to talk up Gretna as favourites - tell them you missing players as cannot get time off work ;)

Dazzy
29/07/2006, 10:25 AM
Sure we only train 1 hour a week then practice shots in a bar the rest of the time.;)

Poor Student
29/07/2006, 10:27 AM
Full-timers, in season v Scottish lower league makeweights. Bit of a mismatch really. Derry should romp home both times.

See, we're going on about Gretna fans talking crap and knowing nothing then we have eL lads coming out with stuff like this.

Dazzy
29/07/2006, 10:48 AM
We wont romp them, they have big money behind them.

pete
29/07/2006, 11:23 AM
Gretna are 10/11 to win the scottish 1st division. Next best team is 4/1.

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2006, 11:25 AM
Would I be right in saying that Gretna are lucky to be seeded because they just took their country's co-efficient as they hadn't played in Europe before?

dynamo kerry
29/07/2006, 11:38 AM
yes you would be right about the seeding.

i[m very excited about it. I think it's going to be a cracking game.

A face
29/07/2006, 11:43 AM
Derry will spank them if they approach it properly.

green-blood
29/07/2006, 12:11 PM
lads go kick the ****** out of Mileson's bought football team, its the most cynical land grab of them all

how come Chelsea get no respect because they bought 2 title, yet its great to see little Gretna rise - having bought 2 titles.

as for their deluded fans!!

Dazzy
29/07/2006, 12:17 PM
as for their deluded fans!!

What fans, their a richer Dub City just!

pete
29/07/2006, 1:26 PM
Would I be right in saying that Gretna are lucky to be seeded because they just took their country's co-efficient as they hadn't played in Europe before?

Same could be said about Derry City & Drogs - no recent european pedigree.

Buller
29/07/2006, 2:06 PM
I cant wait for this tie lads! I cant believe theyre underestimating derry! I hope Derry should stuff them in both matches... maybe wake a few of these guys up to the "irish league" ;)
Will paddy mccourt be fit does anyone know?!

Grey Boy
29/07/2006, 2:21 PM
It would be hugely embarassing for the league though if Gretna actually won though.

Buller
29/07/2006, 2:30 PM
It would be hugely embarassing for the league though if Gretna actually won though.
I know, but im sure derry will play to their full potential they can easily see off gretna...
(i cant bare the thought of gretna winning...:o )

mypost
29/07/2006, 3:22 PM
See, we're going on about Gretna fans talking crap and knowing nothing then we have eL lads coming out with stuff like this.

By that, I take it you expect Gretna to win. :rolleyes:

This is not Longford we're talking about. Derry have just beaten Gothenburg, fairly comfortably. So they're well capable of winning 2 more legs against a Scottish first division side, by a bigger margin.

ndrog
29/07/2006, 3:39 PM
hope derry give them a right hiding ! some ********s on that forum :mad:

Aaron
29/07/2006, 4:05 PM
If ur registered on derry city chat go an look at the things the gretna fan there is sayin "we expect to win comfortably", "can we hit double figures", "8-0 gretna" then starts to call us paddys and sing sectarian songs!! ****S!!

dancinpants
29/07/2006, 4:30 PM

Under pressure from a Bray fan not to embarass the league!!! :eek:
:rolleyes:

The suggestions that we should beat Gretna "easily" is treating them with the disrespect they are showing us.

De Town
29/07/2006, 4:44 PM
Some of ye on this thread are as bad as those Scottish ****s :rolleyes: This thread was started to basically laugh at those who think Gretna will píss all over Derry, not to hit back with similar comments. I honestly don't think Derry will have it easy but I would expect them to go through.

fbtn
29/07/2006, 5:09 PM
:rolleyes: .

Classic :D

gustavo
29/07/2006, 5:16 PM
Hardly under pressure !
The man was just stating a fact

Grey Boy
29/07/2006, 6:41 PM
:rolleyes:

The suggestions that we should beat Gretna "easily" is treating them with the disrespect they are showing us.

Hey, I know we're crap and it's not necessary to imply it. I think my opinion is as valid as anyones here. I'm thinking of the league in general here. I was as delighted as anyone when you stuffed Gothenburg and even more delighted when I heard you got Gretna. We have enough Man U and Liverpool fans to contend with as it is without taking cheap pops at each other.

fbtn
29/07/2006, 6:43 PM
Chill mate. He's only taking the pish.

DmanDmythDledge
29/07/2006, 7:17 PM
Same could be said about Derry City & Drogs - no recent european pedigree.
Ye but they got seeded as a result.

Poor Student
29/07/2006, 7:26 PM
By that, I take it you expect Gretna to win. :rolleyes:

This is not Longford we're talking about. Derry have just beaten Gothenburg, fairly comfortably. So they're well capable of winning 2 more legs against a Scottish first division side, by a bigger margin.

They're not just a Scottish First Division side. They're Gretna, a club who are in the ascendancy rather than a stagnant first division midtable regular who are going nowhere. I don't expect Gretna to win, nor do I expect Derry to win. I honestly can't gauge and I'd be more informed on Scottish football than a lot of posters here. I certainly wish Derry luck and desperately hope that they win, but I think it should be approached cautiously. I have no doubt that Stephen Kenny won't be taking it as such a foregone conclusion.

Aaron
29/07/2006, 7:54 PM
Rest assured Stephen Kenny will take nothin for granted.....he never does!!

manic da hoop
29/07/2006, 8:44 PM
Let's all just thank our lucky stars that it isn't Longford who are representing our league here!

BohsFans
29/07/2006, 11:26 PM
Rest assured Stephen Kenny will take nothin for granted.....he never does!!

like Levadia Tallin in Dalyer when we were expected to win!!! :eek:

BohsFans
29/07/2006, 11:34 PM
They'll probably bill it as "The battle of Britain" :rolleyes:

Red&White
30/07/2006, 2:29 AM
bbc might show it live, being an all british tie and all that.;)
Cheers! :(

dancinpants
30/07/2006, 3:07 AM
Thank Christ theres someone on here with a realistic outlook on this tie - step forward Poor Student. Gretna are probably the best team we could have drawn, but this whole "foregone conclusion" attitude on here is driving me fookin' nuts.

Oh and, as far as I'm aware, they are a full-time team - something most of our top division can't even claim. Top earner is alledgedly (according to the baw beg on citychat) on 2500stg....ye don't pay that for mediocrity lads.

mypost
30/07/2006, 3:54 AM
Thank Christ theres someone on here with a realistic outlook on this tie - step forward Poor Student. Gretna are probably the best team we could have drawn, but this whole "foregone conclusion" attitude on here is driving me fookin' nuts.

It isn't realism, it's talking up the opposition. Derry have reached this round by dumping out Gothenburg. Gretna have only got there, by playing Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final. Derry have not only the opportunity to win this round, but to do it convincingly. If they don't win this tie, it will be the worst NL European result, since Longford were sent packing by Vaduz.

ifk101
30/07/2006, 9:11 AM
It isn't realism, it's talking up the opposition. Derry have reached this round by dumping out Gothenburg. Gretna have only got there, by playing Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final. Derry have not only the opportunity to win this round, but to do it convincingly. If they don't win this tie, it will be the worst NL European result, since Longford were sent packing by Vaduz.

You sound exactly like the Göteborg fans before their matches with Derry - they never for one minute thought the would lose to Derry. And this just goes to show that the key to success in Europe is preparation and to never underestimate the opposition. I really wonder what Göteborg actually knew about Derry before their matches and their travel arrangements to Derry suggests that they didn't think they would have any problems beating Derry in Derry. I hope Derry don't make the same mistakes as Göteborg because if they do they're not going to have a chance against Gretna.

BohsPartisan
30/07/2006, 10:16 AM
Top earner is alledgedly (according to the baw beg on citychat) on 2500stg....ye don't pay that for mediocrity lads.

We do!

CharlesThompson
30/07/2006, 11:37 AM
Well I for one think that Derry should progress against Gretna and on to the next round. Having said that I expected Bohs in our penultimate European tie to outdo Levadia Talinn and we came unstuck. Following that, in taking a 1-0 lead to Ghent last year I half expected us to be good enough to hold out beyond 10 seconds before giving away our slender advantage. I also felt that Longford would have finished off the Welsh side last year, especially in taking a lead over to Wales with them, yet again, the eL was let down.

So in essence it is not going to be an easy walk in the park for Derry at this stage in the Uefa Cup and it does seem that Gretna are very short odds to win the Scottish 1st division this year. However if Derry had drawn a team like Kilmarnock or Motherwell, I would expect that they would give them a good run for their money and so don't see why anybody would expect Derry not to go through just because they are not that familiar with Gretna.

De Town
30/07/2006, 11:41 AM
If they don't win this tie, it will be the worst NL European result, since Longford were sent packing by Vaduz.
I have said it before and will say it again, Vaduz would easily stand there ground in the eL, and IMHO be challenging for the title.

Now Carmarthen on the other hand, well.....:o :eek:

pete
30/07/2006, 12:19 PM
Derry need to win this for the leagues credability but Gretna will probably be favourites. Gretnas lack of experience in european games & importance of away goals could be important. Big advantage for Derry to be away first with expected huge away support & fact Gretna will be expected to win. Grab an away goal in a scored draw or win & be well on your way to progressing. I am sure the Bogside can be quiet intimidating to outsiders that never visited before...?

Aaron
30/07/2006, 2:01 PM
To the admin, please activate the gretna fan's account to let him in to show how much of a b*****g he is. You will laugh at him!! He's a MUPPETT!!

Red&White
30/07/2006, 2:17 PM
I am sure the Bogside can be quiet intimidating to outsiders that never visited before...?
You wouldn't believe it...