PDA

View Full Version : Derry City v Cork City..

Pages : [1] 2 3

RedX
17/08/2005, 11:43 PM
Isnt it great that this is now the biggest game of the season so far..no mention of all those ENORMOUS Dublin clubs..i wonder will RTE squeeze in a few comments about $hels Friday evening...anyway just to kickstart this thread i will go with a nice 2-1 victory for City...Cork City that is... ;)

Speranza
18/08/2005, 12:54 AM
I can't wait til Friday and I fully anticipate a City victory (thats the club that was called city first!) The Brandy atmosphere will be one to remember and we'll win 1-0!

Wiseguy
18/08/2005, 8:50 AM
It should be a cracker of a match alright.I think Cork will win as it appears that Derry may be in a bit of a bad run with late draws against Bray & Pats.Isn't it refreshing that the league title is being contested outside of Dublin for a change.LTFC for 3rd?

Vitruvian Man
18/08/2005, 9:00 AM
Ah, screw that little provincial side-show. :)

The real action is happening at Tolka Park where we are going to put the last nail into Shels season/whole club/Ollie Byrne's coffin.

You will be able to stir the bitterness and begrudgery with a wooden spoon.

After we win we will be able to buy our very own Shels squad member because they will all be lined up along Richmond Road looking for new jobs.

Hmmmm, I might buy a Nutsy for my garden, he'd look nice sitting beside the pond holding a little fishing rod.

EnDai
18/08/2005, 9:05 AM
I hope Cork hammer Derry (sorry guys, but it could come down to GD!). Might video the match, as won't see it due to being in Tolka.

Krstic
18/08/2005, 9:13 AM
I hope Cork hammer Derry (sorry guys, but it could come down to GD!). Might video the match, as won't see it due to being in Tolka.

I don't think a Big Cork victory is going to have any influence on your battle for 5th place :eek:

razor
18/08/2005, 9:23 AM
A victory for us tomorrow night will have no impact the outcome of 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the league, we'll be a mere 9 points clear with 33 points still to play for. I do not want people getting carried away with themselves.

Roo69
18/08/2005, 9:24 AM
Isnt it great that this is now the biggest game of the season so far..no mention of all those ENORMOUS Dublin clubs..i wonder will RTE squeeze in a few comments about $hels Friday evening...anyway just to kickstart this thread i will go with a nice 2-1 victory for City...Cork City that is... ;)

Can we move this to the right section please ?

ThatGuy
18/08/2005, 9:26 AM
Still the fans of the Inferiority Complex Club obsess about Dublin when they are playing in... Derry :confused:

drinkfeckarse
18/08/2005, 9:42 AM
Should be a cracking match. I'll go for an entertaining 2-2 draw.

bluemovie
18/08/2005, 9:54 AM
For the sake of a decent non-Dublin title race, I hope Derry win on Friday. Cork have won 9 out of 10 away games so far (they're the only team not to have beaten Waterford at least once) so it's set up for a cracker. I doubt anyone in RTE thought they'd ever be showing a Derry v Cork top of the table clash on the same night as Shels v Bohs. I'll video the game, but every time I've done that this year the games have been crap (e.g. Pats v Bohs, Rovers v Pats).

patsh
18/08/2005, 10:01 AM
Still the fans of the Inferiority Complex Club obsess about Dublin when they are playing in... Derry :confused:
Give it up, it's almost painful to see you fail so badly.....

:D

ThatGuy
18/08/2005, 10:05 AM
Give it up, it's almost painful to see you fail so badly.....

:D
It's not our fault that your parents didn't raise you in Dublin patsh, let it go.

razor
18/08/2005, 10:11 AM
It's not our fault that your parents didn't raise you in Dublin patsh, let it go.Its nobodys fault, just good fortune

patsh
18/08/2005, 10:36 AM
It's not our fault that your parents didn't raise you in Dublin patsh, let it go.
Your increasingly despairing attempts are rather sad.
Here's an idea for you, (and I'm giving it to you for free), that might help:
Put your post on your banner for Dom Foley, it will probably make you feel a lot better......

:D :D

ThatGuy
18/08/2005, 10:52 AM
A carkie trying to say others are easily wound up is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, you know like boy :cool:

Conor H
18/08/2005, 12:10 PM
Can't wait to see this game,should be a scorcher and i'll go with a 2-2.

Schumi
18/08/2005, 12:45 PM
(e.g. Pats v Bohs, Rovers v Pats).
I think there's a common link there!

For the record I hope Derry win for a more exciting title race.

TheOwl
18/08/2005, 1:16 PM
Come on Cork!

(Man I feel dirty even saying it).

2-1 Shels against Bohs, now that even the blind optimists (ie. Nutsy) have given up the title race, hopefully we can start playing some decent football.

If we keep the ball on the floor and play something resembling our best team, then we should be too good for Bohs, that’s a big if going on recent performances though.

patsh
18/08/2005, 1:47 PM
A carkie trying to say others are easily wound up is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, you know like boy :cool:
You are really flailing about now.
Did you make your banner yet?

holidaysong
18/08/2005, 6:17 PM
I think Derry City will win it by the single goal on Friday. I think Cork will be happy enough with a draw but I hope Derry will be going all out for the win and make it a very entertaining match. :)

Candystriped
18/08/2005, 7:40 PM
Derry have to win and they will, 2-1.

Buller
18/08/2005, 7:49 PM
Derry have to win and they will, 2-1.
Very confident and optemistic! do you know something i dont?! :confused: i rekon 1-1... :cool:

ccfcgirl
18/08/2005, 8:35 PM
I cant wait for this game ,Im not going but id say turners cross pubs should be busy for this game so ill head there to watch it on tv.I hope its a cracker of a game . :D

RedX
18/08/2005, 8:58 PM
Can we move this to the right section please ?

Cork City and Derry City are eircom league sides and this is an eircom league forum..this thread was meant to be for all eircom fans interested in the game and not just the two that are playing..if it was Shels and Derry i as a Cork City fan would be interested in it..please dont be so BORING..if you dont have something decent to say dont reply...this is the biggest game this year and could throw up the eventual winner of OUR league...why should others not be interested.. :rolleyes:

Vitruvian Man
18/08/2005, 9:06 PM
I can't be arsed going into the Cork or Derry sections of this board but I am still interested in this game.

I think a 1-1 will be the result.

holidaysong
18/08/2005, 9:35 PM
...this is the biggest game this year and could throw up the eventual winner of OUR league...why should others not be interested.. :rolleyes:

Pfff.....Premier Division hype... :eek: :p

The real big game is Sligo vs. Dublin City :cool: :D

Seriously though big game like this deserves to be on the main page.

A face
18/08/2005, 9:40 PM
The real big game is Sligo vs. Dublin City

Its Limerick V Dub City and Cobh V Sligo on Sat !!

harry crumb
18/08/2005, 9:40 PM
I should be a great game.

Both Rico's and Kenny's philosophy on soccer are similar. they like good football with entertainment. :ball:

I think City will win. :eek:

dcfcsteve
18/08/2005, 10:53 PM
I think City will win. :eek:

Good of you to hedge your bets and sit on the fence there Harry... :)

Though I know you really meant Derry.... :D

BohsFans
19/08/2005, 3:02 PM
Did you make your banner yet?

No but rumour has it the Tolka Park pitch has been re-decorated :D

ccfcgirl
19/08/2005, 9:03 PM
3-1 .The better team won to-night .Derrys last goal a cracker .Cork City still top of the league though.

Dyl10
19/08/2005, 9:44 PM
Cork City still top of the league though.

Only by 3 points though! Could they make a balls of it ??!! :eek: !!??

The County Dawg
19/08/2005, 9:51 PM
Great game....and a good noisey atmosphere.
Although I was very disappointed with some of the chants by the Derry crowd.
At a time when everyone is crying out for extra exposure of the Eircom League we get this type of crap.
If only NET2 had the technology to turn the sound effect mics down.....

dancinpants
19/08/2005, 9:53 PM
At a time when everyone is crying out for extra exposure of the Eircom League we get this type of crap.

Such as what? :confused:

Blueman
19/08/2005, 9:58 PM
Great advert for LOI football, cracking match, decent atmosphere,good crowd, the ground look good on Telly. First time I've the Brandywell on telly from that side stand looks great. Didn't notice those chant's/

harry crumb
19/08/2005, 10:02 PM

Tonight was one of the best League of Ireland games I have ever seen. :ball:

Even "Creep" by Radiohead had Dodgy lyrics. That doesn't make any less of a song. :rolleyes:

Even my mother said that it was better than any "International" game shes seen. And my mother is not a soccer fan.

Bad 4 a Cork fan, but it shows what the Eircom League is all about at the top level!

Slash/ED
19/08/2005, 11:16 PM
Ah, screw that little provincial side-show. :)

The real action is happening at Tolka Park where we are going to put the last nail into Shels season/whole club/Ollie Byrne's coffin.

You will be able to stir the bitterness and begrudgery with a wooden spoon.

After we win we will be able to buy our very own Shels squad member because they will all be lined up along Richmond Road looking for new jobs.

Hmmmm, I might buy a Nutsy for my garden, he'd look nice sitting beside the pond holding a little fishing rod.

How did that one work out for you?

Glen Crowe, he's a red, he's a red, he's a red, Glen Crowe he's a red - HE HATES BOHS. :p

The Stars
19/08/2005, 11:48 PM
Glen Crowe, he's a red, he's a red, he's a red, Glen Crowe he's a red - HE HATES BOHS. :p
Funny........................... :o

dcfcsteve
20/08/2005, 2:54 AM

Care to elighten us, Oh wise one.......?

kevin_devine
20/08/2005, 4:06 AM
did it involve Felix Healy by any chance???

What can you expect when you send a match analyst(if thats what you would call him) to a place where he is hated by most fans, do that anywhere and you'll get chants like that

Maz
20/08/2005, 7:22 AM
Well done to Derry, they deserved the 3points, went at cork from the start and took their chances.
McCourt was great in the 1st half but disappeared in the 2nd really.
Hard luck to cork, unlucky on a number of occasions. Tuite was a bit inconsistant esp inrelation to the penalty given and the penalty denied...but overall handled discipline etc well,

Well done to both sets of fans, sounded like an amazing atmosphere. You're a credit to the league

harry crumb
20/08/2005, 8:34 AM
I thought Felix Healy did a good job and on numerous occasions he mentioned "the passion of the Brandywell", "Special Nights".

Xlex
20/08/2005, 9:19 AM
yeah, felt a bit for Felix Healy, thought he did a good job on the tv... I'd listen to him before Collins, Matthews, Dolan and Doolin.

You should give him more credit. I don't know what he did that was so bad but you kinda let yourself down with the abuse.

daithi
20/08/2005, 9:21 AM
Great game and great result......... Does anyone else believe Pat Dolan wants to have George O'Calaghan's babies. If he's that good why didn't he start? Pat McCourt faded in the second half but he played for the Northern Ireland U21's midweek in a friendly! Not ideal preparation for Derry's biggest game of the season....

MariborKev
20/08/2005, 9:44 AM
You should give him more credit. I don't know what he did that was so bad but you kinda let yourself down with the abuse.

Felix advised Derry people not to go to Derry friendly against Real Madrid, as it would be no better than watching Prestron or the like. Given that we were in severe financial difficulties at the time, this was inexcusable.

There are so many more things that he has done to harm Derry, which I ill not mention, that he will never be forgiven.

It was summed up perfectly with a banner which read "We hate you because we loved you so much"

He can talk his empty words to the watching public, but in the Brandywell he is and forever will be a pariah.

1 9 2 8
20/08/2005, 9:56 AM
I saw a Derry City flag at the game and something like "QUBSC always on tour" with a Derry crest and some other crest. Whats QUBSC?

MariborKev
20/08/2005, 10:04 AM
Queens University Belfast Supporters Club

Xlex
20/08/2005, 10:05 AM
fair enough but the public in general will never know that and the public will generally feel apathy towards a man abused live on national T.V.

As good and clear as the derry vocals are, it was painfully clear that he is a hated man but who in god's name knows why outside Derry and now foot.

dcfcsteve
20/08/2005, 11:17 AM
fair enough but the public in general will never know that and the public will generally feel apathy towards a man abused live on national T.V.

As good and clear as the derry vocals are, it was painfully clear that he is a hated man but who in god's name knows why outside Derry and now foot.

That's football. Who cares. I'd say anyone watching last night was bowled-over by the Derry support - not nit-picking over one chant that was sang clearly only about twice in 100mins....