Bray v Cork 19:30
Wexford v UCD 19:45
Shelbourne v Treaty 19:45
Athlone Town v Cabinteely 19:45

Saturday May 1st
Cobh v Galway 19:00

D24Saint
26/04/2021, 12:01 PM
Do clubs request the earlier time slot or is it random. We are getting plenty of them lately , pain in the neck imo.

sbgawa
26/04/2021, 12:12 PM
These double weekends really give scope for movement with the Premier Divison. two wins for anyone and your position can change significantly
Dundalk and Bohs will be targeting two wins to start to close the gap but both face improving teams in Derry and Waterford on Friday.
Sligo have a tough match in Drogheda and then a big clash with Pats on Monday.
If Rovers can win two matches to finish the first series it will be a great start.

Some interesting matches in the first division
Bray need points badly and are playing Cork who will be desperate not to lose again and risk getting cut adrift at the bottom with Wexford.
Treaty have a chance to show they are a serious team away to Shels.
Galway one of the early season favs need points as well away to Cobh, given the investment down there

sbgawa
26/04/2021, 12:13 PM
Do clubs request the earlier time slot or is it random. We are getting plenty of them lately , pain in the neck imo.

The FAI normally give Rovers a shout to see when we want to play and then fit Pats in around that ;);)

Bucket
26/04/2021, 12:15 PM
Awkward for the few part time teams too I'd say. It could become an advantage later in the season if you're top. If ye play first and win, it'll put more pressure on the chasing teams later in the evening to match your result.

D24Saint
26/04/2021, 7:16 PM
The FAI normally give Rovers a shout to see when we want to play and then fit Pats in around that ;);)

That's fair enough , sure you's have to liaise with the council lads to let yous in.

Martinho II
26/04/2021, 7:29 PM
I for one am fearful of our next two games. I thought we would do the business in Waterford but hey wot do I know?

patrickccfc
26/04/2021, 7:58 PM
Fifth defeat in a row coming up for us. We are truly awful. Same story every week, we have plenty of possession to start but nothing much in the final third and then we concede. Honestly it's becoming a chore to watch us.

thebronze14
26/04/2021, 10:03 PM
Be happy enough if we made a fair few changes on Friday and saved certain lads for Monday

sbgawa
26/04/2021, 10:16 PM
Be happy enough if we made a fair few changes on Friday and saved certain lads for Monday

I'd be happy with that too but it's not really ollie is it?

Charlie Darwin
26/04/2021, 10:29 PM
Well if you insist.

ger121
26/04/2021, 11:25 PM
We badly need a win Friday to get back on track after 2 losses on the bounce. Our **** form at home, coupled with Derry beating Sligo away, makes this game anything but easy. Not even thinking ahead to Monday up in Drogheda :-/

sbgawa
27/04/2021, 8:37 AM
We badly need a win Friday to get back on track after 2 losses on the bounce. Our **** form at home, coupled with Derry beating Sligo away, makes this game anything but easy. Not even thinking ahead to Monday up in Drogheda :-/

Cant make my mind up about Bohs, looked good in a helter skelter Dublin Derby but very poor in a couple of other matches.
I guess like Rovers replacing Byrne, McEneff , Bolger and not exactly hitting all the right notes at the moment Bohs are down 3 or 4 good players from last season so also are in a transition mode.
Your right though you need 4 points over the weekend to start moving in the right direction.
There are to many decent teams in the league this year to make going on a 5 or 6 game winning run a realistic prospect, closing the gap wont be easy

sadloserkid
27/04/2021, 8:52 AM
Probably not worth a new thread but he sounds like a man who hasn't a clue what's going on.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40275452.html

Sonny
27/04/2021, 10:50 AM
Cant make my mind up about Bohs, looked good in a helter skelter Dublin Derby but very poor in a couple of other matches.
I guess like Rovers replacing Byrne, McEneff , Bolger and not exactly hitting all the right notes at the moment Bohs are down 3 or 4 good players from last season so also are in a transition mode.
Your right though you need 4 points over the weekend to start moving in the right direction.
There are to many decent teams in the league this year to make going on a 5 or 6 game winning run a realistic prospect, closing the gap wont be easy

I think they'll improve, but it looks like the attacking midfield players are going to have to carry a lot of the goalscoring burden. I also think their centre half options are really poor, as is Talbot, so I don't think it's any coincidence that only Derry and Longford have shipped more goals than them.

Nesta99
27/04/2021, 12:00 PM
Probably not worth a new thread but he sounds like a man who hasn't a clue what's going on.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40275452.html

I think that is probably one of the more insightful interviews Bill has given tbh. That he has admitted any errors made at all is something at least!

pineapple stu
27/04/2021, 12:15 PM
He is a bit away with the fairies though. Like this bit -

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and if they think it is being run like a circus well let them stand up and say give me the chance to run it and I’ll show you how to run it.

Why should you be "given the chance" to show something you've been doing badly for a year now?

Also, this bit -

Hulsizer also revealed that Dundalk expect to make a profit from the 2020 campaign

- is surely not going to happen given Dundalk have been racking up large losses since 2016, and in 2020 there's covid with no-one allowed into games.

I'd be slightly worried there's no particular plan in place for a new manager. There really should be candidates in place by now, despite what he says. No names, no rush, very much an "Ah sure be grand" vibe about it.

sbgawa
27/04/2021, 1:57 PM
He is a bit away with the fairies though. Like this bit -

Why should you be "given the chance" to show something you've been doing badly for a year now?

Also, this bit -

- is surely not going to happen given Dundalk have been racking up large losses since 2016, and in 2020 there's covid with no-one allowed into games.

I'd be slightly worried there's no particular plan in place for a new manager. There really should be candidates in place by now, despite what he says. No names, no rush, very much an "Ah sure be grand" vibe about it.

If they dont make a profit in 2020 with group stage euro money they have a bigger problem than we thought

Bucket
27/04/2021, 2:22 PM
That 2020/21 Europa money won't be paid until after the final, probably next month, so wouldn't be part of 2020 accounts

pineapple stu
27/04/2021, 2:41 PM
Ha! No, the UEFA moneys would be in the 2020 accounts even if unpaid. But I mis-read it as this year's campaign (2021), when they won't be making a profit at all.

He's still away with the fairies though :p

sbgawa
27/04/2021, 3:50 PM
That 2020/21 Europa money won't be paid until after the final, probably next month, so wouldn't be part of 2020 accounts

100% will be in their 2020 accounts , its income earned in the relevant accounting period just paid later.
It would materially distort their accounts if it wasn't included, no accountant would stand over that

Bucket
27/04/2021, 3:58 PM
But it's income earned for May 2021 though? They didn't earn it in 2020 because it was never scheduled to be received until 2021. I'm not an accountant if you haven't already guessed!

sbgawa
27/04/2021, 4:11 PM
But it's income earned for May 2021 though? They didn't earn it in 2020 because it was never scheduled to be received until 2021. I'm not an accountant if you haven't already guessed!

They earned it on the pitch in 2020, they will receive it in 2021. It is a debtor balance on their balance sheet at the end of the year.

Its like if you are paid monthly in arrears and left 3 weeks into the month. The money for the 3 weeks worked is yours , you earned it , you just haven't received it yet

Bucket
27/04/2021, 4:38 PM
Fair enough, that makes sense. Crazy that it's included and they made a loss.

pineapple stu
27/04/2021, 4:42 PM
Well we don't know if they made a loss or not - they haven't filed their accounts yet.

(I mis-read it that he was talking about this year, and it'd be optimistic to reckon they'll turn a profit this year because they can't make the EL Group Stages)

placid casual
30/04/2021, 11:53 AM
Interesting few games over the next couple of days - should see some movement up and down the table.
Thought Harps looked poor against pats, so hopefully that continues with Rovers game tonight. Sligo drogs should be another interesting one - will sligo stick or twist this season, after their poor result against derry?

Finlay Harp
30/04/2021, 2:32 PM
Harps need to start getting back to basics tonight. We’ve lost our way in the last few weeks.

PartySaint
30/04/2021, 3:08 PM
Pats need a win tonight with fixtures coming up against Rovers and Rovers.

I don’t think our unbeaten start will still be intact come Sunday week.

Nesta99
30/04/2021, 4:03 PM
Pats need a win tonight with fixtures coming up against Rovers and Rovers.

I don’t think our unbeaten start will still be intact come Sunday week.

Ollie Horgan like just when Ollie has alluded to some hopeful positivness (and some mind games too)!

"We would love to close the gap again tomorrow night, but we need a decision to go for us rather than three penalties given against us like last time."

Another win for Dundalk is needed to keep turning the season around - a good win and Bill might keep Jim multi-tasking...

Dalymountrower
30/04/2021, 5:57 PM
Classy strike from Git Forrester.Pats looking comfortable at 2-0.

Jack B
30/04/2021, 6:01 PM
Subs from SOD at half time have changed the game here, went from our worst performance of the season to being comfortable within 10 minutes of the second half (not to jinx it).

Beauty from Forrester. So good to have him performing like this again.

Longfordian
30/04/2021, 6:05 PM
That's a cracker from Forrester. No stopping that.

joey B
30/04/2021, 6:21 PM
Waterford name 2 outfield subs on the bench ,so theres that anyway.........

Nesta99
30/04/2021, 6:23 PM
Subs from SOD at half time have changed the game here, went from our worst performance of the season to being comfortable within 10 minutes of the second half (not to jinx it).

Beauty from Forrester. So good to have him performing like this again.

S'OD looking like he just needed some time to put his stamp on the squad. If a lack of depth works against as the season goes on it bodes well for building a good squad going forward and could strengthen in July if still within reach of top.

CorribsideSteve
30/04/2021, 6:49 PM
Ger "Doondork" Canning on commentary for Waterford vs Dundalk. The joys.

pineapple stu
30/04/2021, 6:50 PM
Wexford's keeper sent off after 40 seconds, and UCD go 1-0 up.

Our record senior win - 8-0 - is in Wexford. Could be anohter long night for them.

boynemunich
30/04/2021, 6:51 PM
Great game in Drogheda this evening. Thought we probably deserved to win it in the end but still happy with a draw. Some serious young talent on display in John Kenny and Killian Philips both only 17 and 18. Big futures ahead of them.

pineapple stu
30/04/2021, 6:55 PM
23 seconds for the Wexford red actually - or the foul for it.

Very harsh I think - UCD knocked a long ball forward, keeper caught it about a foot outside his box but there was no-one around and it wasn't as if we were in on goal or anything. Straight red.

Oh, and we score the free-kick. Though the cameras didn't catch it. LoITV struggling with Wexford's ground. Where only half the stand has a roof now for some reason.

CorribsideSteve
30/04/2021, 6:55 PM
Forrester's goal earlier was a peach. Pats look on fire so far. Good to see the best being got out of him after a few wishy-washy years.

Nesta99
30/04/2021, 7:14 PM

3 times in one sentence Dundork rolled out - better insult than 'Craptown'! Very young bench for Dundork and well Waterford's bench wont get too much warming, whats going on there with just 2(?) outfield players. Dundalk should be looking for a good win even if Waterford are looking tidy and hard working. Better general play from Dundalk, much more comfortable with this formation. Goal now and settle better and kick on.

*there it is though v Derry we should have kicked on too. Keep it tight now for a bit, no silly errors.

Another injury, McMillan off so not good, these grass pitches.....

CorribsideSteve
30/04/2021, 7:25 PM
3 times in one sentence Dundork rolled out - better insult than 'Craptown'! Very young bench for Dundork and well Waterford's bench wont get too much warming, whats going on there with just 2(?) outfield players. Dundalk should be looking for a good win even if Waterford are looking tidy and hard working. Better general play from Dundalk, much more comfortable with this formation. Goal now and settle better and kick on.

*there it is though v Derry we should have kicked on too. Keep it tight now for a bit, no silly errors.
Someone should really call him on that. It feels like his little way of showing how little he cares about the LOI. He never calls Tipperary 'Tipper'arry or Cork 'Curk' when there's a GAA match happening. The gammon. Pity McMillan had to go off. Waterford coming on strong now, looking for the equalizer.

pineapple stu
30/04/2021, 7:27 PM
4-0 in Wexford now. Their sub keeper was booked for conceding a penalty which was more of a red than the actual red.

Wexford will be in no mood for a second half I think.

CorribsideSteve
30/04/2021, 7:32 PM
They may be Doondork, but that was a smart penalty from Shields. Harsh on Waterford though, the 2-0 scoreline.

Nesta99
30/04/2021, 7:50 PM
Things not happening at Galway at all really Steve. Nabbing 2 points at the death shows some fight, another point against 10 man Shels isnt so bad but... and Treaty are punching away above anyone's expectations but if it stays as it is it's poor return from a big and not cheap squad and lauded management. I really expected Galway to be promoted automatically and then a real scrap for the next 3 places (UCD really can turn over players and still be a good shot for promotion). Is it poor fare or a mix of a good few new lads in the squad and needing a rub of the green too, bit like Dundalk and can be turned around?

CorribsideSteve
30/04/2021, 7:50 PM
What a goal from Duffy

CorribsideSteve
30/04/2021, 7:53 PM
Things not happening at Galway at all really Steve. Nabbing 2 points at the death shows some fight, another point against 10 man Shels isnt so bad but... and Treaty are punching away above anyone's expectations but if it stays as it is it's poor return from a big and not cheap squad and lauded management. I really expected Galway to be promoted automatically and then a real scrap for the next 3 places (UCD really can turn over players and still be a good shot for promotion). Is it poor fare or a mix of a good few new lads in the squad and needing a rub of the green too, bit like Dundalk and can be turned around?

It's a bit concerning alright, and it might have been a big adjustment to have gone full-time for some players,but early days yet. I'd expect them to do the business against Cobh tomorrow.

TonyD
30/04/2021, 7:55 PM

I always hear it as Dan dork when he says it.

Nesta99
30/04/2021, 7:56 PM
What a goal from Duffy

What is just as impressive about Duffy and the attacking threat and moments of class is his work rate. Scores a cracker and then is covering at our own corner flag. Another 2 and we nick ahead of Drogheda in the table

Nesta99
30/04/2021, 7:59 PM
It's a bit concerning alright, and it might have been a big adjustment to have gone full-time for some players,but early days yet. I'd expect them to do the business against Cobh tomorrow.

Sorry, playing Cobh tomorrow of course, for some reason though it was Treaty tonight.

pineapple stu
30/04/2021, 7:59 PM
Wexford's sub keeper sent off for conceding a second penalty.

So they're down to nine men and have an outfield player in nets. And 35 minutes to go.

This must be one of your more remarkable LoI games tbh.