PDA

View Full Version : The foot.ie community FAQ

Pages : [1] 2 3

liam88
20/05/2005, 2:46 PM
As we know there's a pretty strong community on here with dicussions, meet-ups etc. so I was just wondering some things-feel free to add question; i'll start it off.....

>Has anybody ever met their girlfriend/boyfriend through foot.ie?

>What was the biggest ever meet up off foot.ie memebers?

>Has anyone ever spoken to someone on here they knew in real life but did not realise?

:D :D

dahamsta
20/05/2005, 2:58 PM
>Has anybody ever met their girlfriend/boyfriend through foot.ie?I believe there's been several, and several breakups too, although I'll leave it to themselves to names names...

>What was the biggest ever meet up off foot.ie memebers?There was a fair few of us out one night after the "Foot.ie Challenge Cup", but I'm guessing the one in London had more.

>Has anyone ever spoken to someone on here they knew in real life but did not realise?Happens to me all the time, but then there is that whole Cult of Personality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality) thing. Perhaps I should start plastering my face all over the site? Big Brother Is Watching YOU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_%281984%29). :)

adam

Schumi
20/05/2005, 3:02 PM
biggest ever meet up off foot.ie memebers? Technically several EL matches I suppose!

Ruairi
20/05/2005, 3:07 PM
There was a fair few of us out one night after the "Foot.ie Challenge Cup",

ah yeah, remember that one well, me the captain picking up the winners trophy and celebrating with my team mates, before leaving the pub seconds later claiming i had tonsilitis and stealing the cup.

but i left everyone with memories of my silky skills which unlocked the Mod's defence and sweetly hit volleys from the left hand side off the pitch in off the cross bar....

liam88
20/05/2005, 3:11 PM
Ok we're talking organised meet ups not "happened to be at the same game" :D -we had 9 in Soho at Christmas if your only counting registered memebers who were physically there....had about the same number for Celtic vs Fulham

Well done Peadar, Liam, Pat O, Sylvo, Babysis, DG, Pauro and Steve. Special mention too to Con, Kieran and Lauren, Liam's personal security team. And also to the man who, despite being 12,000 miles away from us in London, still managed to deliver his best wishes to all assembled. You know who you are. :D

Peadar
20/05/2005, 3:13 PM
I've met people on away trips where they've said, "are you Peadar from foot.ie?" When I say, "yes", they say, I always read it but never registered or, I don't post very often.
Still a bit scary though when people "recognise" you. :o

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 3:21 PM
Still a bit scary though when people "recognise" you.

ya id say that happens you a lot alright :rolleyes:

has there honestly been people who have met eachother, i mean the dublin term met here. like gone out etc.??

people generally do view for months before they register or know people off the site but dont register for whatever reason.

i spose some people must go out to places where there are guranteed foot.ie persons and wonder, hmmm i wonder if thats so and so, and hten they hear the loud and obnoxious one and think oooh that must be peadar!

Eire06
20/05/2005, 3:28 PM
I've met people on away trips where they've said, "are you Peadar from foot.ie?" When I say, "yes", they say, I always read it but never registered or, I don't post very often.
Still a bit scary though when people "recognise" you. :o
Don't let people post your Photo up then :rolleyes:

Peadar
20/05/2005, 3:31 PM

No, not recognise me from my photo.
When I say my name is Peadar they, don't know of many others so they take a chance that I'm the the guy from foot.ie

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 3:36 PM

Such a big drama queen isn't he?

"Oh, so many people recognize me, it's just horrific darling"
:rolleyes: :D :D :D

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 3:38 PM
whose photos are up on this site??

i will put everyones photo up ( well a link ) if they want to give me their photos!!! That way liams questions (some of) will be answered next time we meet up!

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 3:41 PM

i will put everyones photo up ( well a link ) if they want to give me their photos!!! That way liams questions (some of) will be answered next time we meet up!

mine was on the forum a while back cos i was showing off hot bavarian totty sitting beside me, but whoops! i have taken those photos off!!! Ha ha ha !!! :D

Babysis
20/05/2005, 3:44 PM

yer alright thanks :D

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 3:46 PM

:D :D

You just put the fear of God in me!!! :eek: :eek: :D

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 4:06 PM
mine was on the forum a while back cos i was showing off hot bavarian totty sitting beside me, but whoops! i have taken those photos off!!! Ha ha ha !!!

you would want to be careful you never know who might have taken them down and saved them ;)

ah babysis, you should let me put you up , you would have offers coming in left right and centre and im not messin for once!! some competition for pa too.

Babysis
20/05/2005, 4:09 PM
you would want to be careful you never know who might have taken them down and saved them ;)

ah babysis, you should let me put you up , you would have offers coming in left right and centre and im not messin for once!! some competition for pa too.

christ your full of compliments today :eek: I assume you are gonna take up a job as a match maker then yeah? Thansk but no thanks :D

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 4:13 PM
I assume you are gonna take up a job as a match maker then yeah?

yes im like that fella from the film shot in the aran islands, cant remember the name of it, but stephen from braveheart was the main fella in it, and he falls for a yank. i model myself on the auld man in personality, but stephens looks!!!LOL :p
ya right.

Eire06
20/05/2005, 4:13 PM
christ your full of compliments today :eek: I assume you are gonna take up a job as a match maker then yeah? Thansk but no thanks :D
I can see a fight between Paul and Peadar for ya comin.....

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 4:16 PM
I can see a fight between Paul and Peadar for ya comin.....

nah me and pa burke have an understanding....

...share and share a like.

Babysis
20/05/2005, 4:20 PM
nah me and pa burke have an understanding....

...share and share a like.

Ur no thanks. :eek: I like to see i get a say in this.

Thanks for your concern POS, but im happy being single.

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 4:31 PM
[QUOTE=paul_oshea]you would want to be careful you never know who might have taken them down and saved them

:rolleyes: that tasty bavarian could be your screensaver ;) :D

ah babysis, you should let me put you up

ooooooh Matron!!!! oooooooh yessssss!! ;) :eek:

Babysis
20/05/2005, 4:36 PM
Kt, i swear, he is all yours. according to Paul, Im seeing half of foot.ie, so i dont need to add your hbby to the list :D ;)

Im away to the pub, have fun

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 4:41 PM
Kt, i swear, he is all yours. according to Paul, Im seeing half of foot.ie, so i dont need to add your hbby to the list :D ;)

Im away to the pub, have fun

:D You're worse than that Abi one!!! ;)

enjoy pub, I'm off there myself in a few hours, cheers!!!! :D

Don Vito
20/05/2005, 5:05 PM
I remember being in Paris under the Eifel Tower on the day of the Ireland France game at the big foot.ie meet up trying to spot various members, myself and the Jamaican PM spotted this fella in his 40's standin there in awe of it all, we were convinced it was Pat O'Banton but we didnt have the courage to go up and see. I guess we'll never know but even now myself and the PM still think of that guy as Pat. Not a great story but its my only story about meeting people from foot.ie! :D

Peadar
20/05/2005, 5:20 PM
myself and the Jamaican PM spotted this fella in his 40's standin there in awe of it all, we were convinced it was Pat O'Banton but we didnt have the courage to go up and see.

Definitely not Pat O'
He's getting on a bit but he doesn't look 40. :D

Don Vito
20/05/2005, 5:27 PM
Definitely not Pat O'
He's getting on a bit but he doesn't look 40. :D

I was bein generous didnt want to offend him!! Had to be Pat O-balding light coloured hair.......

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 5:34 PM
I was bein generous didnt want to offend him!! Had to be Pat O-balding light coloured hair.......

Mr Motivator look-a-like rolling out his yoga mat under the tower? :D

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 5:47 PM
i think i know who it may have been don vito but he isnt on this foot.ie

kt babysis wont stop with half of them!!! that just her monthly target!!!

hamish
20/05/2005, 6:35 PM
Have met CTID in the past and I MAY have been FearBeag's teacher in the past, the poor fellow!! :D

Gerrit
20/05/2005, 11:49 PM

could be an idea for a new topic: forummembers pictures. AKA totty watch episode II :)

and I was spotted at Longford vs Shelbourne by a LTFC fan here who recognised my eyeliner... Apart from that other Shels fans here may know me...

hamish
21/05/2005, 12:16 AM
could be an idea for a new topic: forummembers pictures. AKA totty watch episode II :)

and I was spotted at Longford vs Shelbourne by a LTFC fan here who recognised my eyeliner... Apart from that other Shels fans here may know me...

Hey Gerrit, there used to be a bloke in Athlone back in 80s who wore a massive amount of make up - he wasn't a Goth though, I never saw anyone in my life to score with the ladies like he did.

GavinZac
22/05/2005, 3:34 AM
Such a big drama queen isn't he?

"Oh, so many people recognize me, it's just horrific darling"
:rolleyes: :D

i was positively star struck sharing a room with him ;) :D

Green Tribe
22/05/2005, 3:38 AM
i was positively star struck sharing a room with him ;) :D

i can imagine! :D You were sharing a room with him, hmmmm? Oh dear, over-active drunken imagination here!!!! :D :p

Green Tribe
22/05/2005, 3:40 AM
:D Only met one foot.ie member, but is not on here anymore :mad: , hope to meet a few at Celtic v Ireland :D :D :D Is there a big meet-up?

GavinZac
22/05/2005, 3:42 AM
i can imagine! :D You were sharing a room with him, hmmmm? Oh dear, over-active drunken imagination here!!!! :D :p

im cold sober, and he has cold hands :(

ok, i made up the hands bit, but i did room with him last year in europe. it was weird actually putting faces to names; and also seperating people's web identities from their real ones. its a bit strange introducing yourself to people you know only as supersonic, tiktok or thecorner

Green Tribe
22/05/2005, 3:56 AM
im cold sober, and he has cold hands

Oh jaysus!!!!!!!! Paul O'shea told me Peadar had warm hands :rolleyes: :D

i did room with him last year in europe. it was weird actually putting faces to names; and also seperating people's web identities from their real ones. its a bit strange introducing yourself to people you know only as supersonic, tiktok or thecorner

snigger....sorry, can't stop laughing.... ha ha :eek: :D :D

tiktok
22/05/2005, 7:39 AM
its a bit strange introducing yourself to people you know only as supersonic, tiktok or thecorner

Jeez, try introducing yourself as tiktok, it sounds ridiculous. :D

Plastic Paddy
22/05/2005, 8:24 AM
Or indeed, whilst at the afforementioned foot.ie London meet-up at the Lyric off Shaftesbury Avenue, hearing "there's Plastic Paddy" and then watching half the pub turning to stare menacingly at who'd said it... :eek: As if anyone would use the term as an insult! :rolleyes: :D

:D PP

Babysis
22/05/2005, 11:26 AM
:) Defo, the weirdest thing about meeting with everyone is when you introduce yourself as your sign in - d'oh :eek:

Its been good being able to put names to faces. :)

the 12 th man
22/05/2005, 12:49 PM
was introduced to schumi by martinho 11 at the town v ucd game.

there was a guy with schumi drinking a giant carton of pineapple juice who must be pineapple stu :p :D :rolleyes:

Eire06
22/05/2005, 1:36 PM
Haven't met anyone off here yet!!

Don't think I really want to reading the storys from the meet ups..... :rolleyes: There are a few odd and very scary characters about here as well :eek:

I think I'll be keeping my real Identity a secret ;) for a while anyway!!

Drumcondra Red
22/05/2005, 1:43 PM
other Shels fans here may know me...

Only by your hair...
:D

Gerrit
22/05/2005, 8:09 PM
Hey Gerrit, there used to be a bloke in Athlone back in 80s who wore a massive amount of make up - he wasn't a Goth though, I never saw anyone in my life to score with the ladies like he did.

Ah, now that's what I call giving me hope :D

Why did he have the make-up if it wasn't for goth reasons ? Just esthetical preference ?

Green Tribe
22/05/2005, 8:32 PM
Haven't met anyone off here yet!!

Don't think I really want to reading the storys from the meet ups..... :rolleyes: There are a few odd and very scary characters about here as well :eek:

I think I'll be keeping my real Identity a secret ;) for a while anyway!!

we'll find you Eire06, we'll find you....... ;) :D

Fair_play_boy
22/05/2005, 11:15 PM
As we know there's a pretty strong community on here with dicussions, meet-ups etc. so I was just wondering some things-feel free to add question; i'll start it off.....

>Has anyone ever spoken to someone on here they knew in real life but did not realise?

:D :DAnd here is another. What do people think are the reasons why the number of people online rises to a very high number at certain times? For example, the most users ever online was 680, on May 10th this year at 12:46 am. Can anybody suggest why this was such a busy time? I am stumped.

Dodge
22/05/2005, 11:56 PM
Met some of the old 451 lads (and know they were asked to point me out to some of the Corkies I'd annoyed back in the good ol' days :) )

Met most of the Longford fans at some stage

Got a cheap rail ticket off Schumi after a question on here (think he was happy he off loaded a one way ticket to Longford for a tenner as well :) )

Met some of the homeless folk through Nightdub

hamish
23/05/2005, 1:22 AM
Ah, now that's what I call giving me hope :D

Why did he have the make-up if it wasn't for goth reasons ? Just esthetical preference ?

I honestly don't know Gerrit, Bowie fan maybe, Ziggy Stardust? Nah, that was 1970s. He was very popular though with everybody and was a normal everyday bloke - just liked the bit of eyeliner, lipstick etc. Good luck to him. Maybe he was a Bauhaus fan, weren't they the first real Goth group and gigging in the early 80s????

Hope? Why shouldn't any bloke wear make up if they want. I believe there's a huge surge in sales of all types of male cosmetics, make up etc these days. Not in my case though, a younger face or body transplant would be nice/ :o

Macy
23/05/2005, 7:27 AM
was introduced to schumi by martinho 11 at the town v ucd game.
Definitely Marty's most annoying trait is calling people by their web handle the whole time. Doesn't bother me, as it's my nickname, but know it's annoyed others that would prefer to keep a lower profile in real life :D

Met quite a few off here at various times, but a lot in the JW's message board days - the old message board matches used to be a good night. Would've known more from those times, where I was Canny-esque in the amount of matches I'd go to (then I got a life, got a bird, got married, have no life :D ). Mind you, I think Cosmo is the new JC...

Eire06
23/05/2005, 7:45 AM

Has anyone had a serious argument when they met? :mad:
Who really didn't get on? :eek:

Schumi
23/05/2005, 1:34 PM
I'm getting mentioned here a disturbing number of times! Met a good few of the Cork and Longford guys and one or two Derry guys as well as people mentioned here already.

there was a guy with schumi drinking a giant carton of pineapple juice who must be pineapple stuHadn't noticed that he had any (although I was a little tipsy!) but I don't think anyone else would have! :eek:

Got a cheap rail ticket off Schumi after a question on here (think he was happy he off loaded a one way ticket to Longford for a tenner as well :) )
:D Yeah, couldn't believe my luck when you posted that up about a week after I'd ****ed up my travel plans by losing my bus ticket in Longford (and then finding it too late :rolleyes: ).