Good luck y'all.

FRIDAY:

Galway United v Dundalk FC - *LIVE on RTÉ

Derry City v Saint Patrick's Ath.

Drogheda United v Sligo Rovers

Bohemian FC v Finn Harps

Shamrock Rovers v Limerick FC

Cork City v Bray Wanderers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekend Coupon PP - http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM2eGvFW0AAT4jE.jpg

joey B
26/10/2017, 2:44 PM
Do we have to play this, call it a draw Bohs naw???

redarmyfaction
26/10/2017, 2:59 PM
None of the bookies seem to have put up any relegation betting, so based on their pricing for tomorrow nights games, I would go.

Airtricity Premier Division 2017 - last relegation place.

Galway Utd 1/6
St Pats 5/1
Sligo Rovers 15/1

The relegated team will be deemed to be the team in third last place after tomorrow nights games, in the event of a points deduction previous to that all bets are void.

The probability of being relegated according to the Bookies pricing are

Galway 79%
Pats 15%
Sligo Rovers 6%

CorribsideSteve
26/10/2017, 3:19 PM
It's a pity that Galway have ended up hanging by their fingernails to safety, but it is what it is. Derry are already in off season mode, and no wonder, after the year they've had, they just want the season to be over, therefore Pats will get what they need.Better chance of Alf Fisher becoming Taoiseach than there is of Drogs beating Sligo though. But sure you never know, a thoroughly awful, rock bottom, already relegated West Ham once denied Man U a League Title by beating them. Hope springs eternal. On top of anything else, beating Dundalk will be a tall order in and of itself. No fun or excitement this week, at least not for Galway fans unless Derry do us a favor which feels unlikely.

PartySaint
26/10/2017, 3:24 PM
Am I right in saying that Maginn Park only holds 1,500? There should be a decent Pats crowd up for it how many tickets do Derry hold for away fans? Is the requirement only 5% of the capacity? I'd imagine there will be a very good Derry crowd at it for their last game up there and to show their appreciation to the players for the year they've had

Mr A
26/10/2017, 3:35 PM
It's about 1600, but however many turn up will get in. Away section holds plenty and it's just a case of moving some barriers so you'll be grand. Thoroughly recommend Rodden's for a pint.

joey B
26/10/2017, 3:36 PM
Maginns capacity is known only by God himself, can't see Derry fans flocking to that one tbh.

nigel-harps1954
26/10/2017, 4:04 PM
Maginn official capacity is 1,574 but there's been 2,000+ in there a few times this year. There were over 400 Harps fans for the first derby game there this season so I'd say Pat's will be safe enough.

brendy_éire
26/10/2017, 5:33 PM
There'll be no issue with tickets. Bring a thousand with ye, if ye like.
I'd say the Derry crowd won't be great, though the weather forecast is decent, so could surprise me.

Really don't know how tomorrow will go for us. I'd love to finish the season on a high. It'd be great to leave Maginn with a solid win. However I reckon, like most fans, at this stage the players just want the season to end.
I like Pat's and really enjoy the away days to Inchicore, but I can say the same for Galway too. Don't really want either down, TBH.

Not sure what to put down for for my predictions league, but leaning towards a draw.

Lim till i die
26/10/2017, 7:26 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if pat's galway and sligo all won and their players and the players of drogs derry and dundalk all have as nice a Christmas as the harps players will be having after last week.

joey B
27/10/2017, 12:08 PM
Galway sending emails to season ticket holders imploring them to pay in tonight and warning of impending doom , that couple of weeks of 'excitement' the FAI wanted is beginning to look like what it was always going to be in the reality ,, Desperation.

bluewhitearmy
27/10/2017, 12:17 PM
It's not the FAI that spent more than they had. They do enough wrong but at what stage do clubs take responsibility.

sbgawa
27/10/2017, 1:08 PM
Its not just gates that suffer if you get relegated , sponsors disappear as well.

sbgawa
27/10/2017, 1:12 PM
Rovers missing Lopes, Grace, Webster , Trevor Clarke, Burke , O Connor and Shaw through combination of suspensions and injuries.

Heard a rumour that Stephen McPhail might be playing tonight....end of season treat

AlanOB
27/10/2017, 2:17 PM
May be of interest to Derry fans, if third place is in any way relevant to you: Conor Molan and I will be broadcasting from Tallaght at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

El-Pietro
27/10/2017, 4:00 PM
Galway have made some strange decisions over the past couple of seasons. Selling Lee Grace seemed extremely short term thinking and could well come back to hurt them. Sligo made a similar decision with Sadlier but have ended up safe most likely. I still don't understand why Dunne was sacked last year after leadingthem to a decent league position. He had a year left and you'd imagine that the money they ended up paying him off would eclipse any extra money they will get from fans paying in tonight. Nothing against Shane Keegan but he hasn't exactly driven them onto the next level this year. I think a lot of the arguments in favour of replacing Tommy was that his football style wasn't great and crowds would improve with a better style of football. The last update I can find in the Attendance thread says they are at 1,207 for this season, up from 1,169 in 2016. Hope they stay up anyway. I enjoy making the trip to Galway every couple of years.

Nesta99
27/10/2017, 7:14 PM
Sure they would make plenty off advertisement hoarding in Galway like the FIFA 16 one .........

total hoofball
27/10/2017, 8:09 PM
Finally great to have an entertaining live game going from Cork to throw the kitchen-sink at it football from desperate Galway

Calcio Jack
27/10/2017, 8:45 PM
Stephen Folan from Galway just proved that not all players are money grabbing mercaneries... great interview , sad to see such a decent club go down

CorribsideSteve
27/10/2017, 9:08 PM
So disappointing. 3-3 was a fair result, wouldn't have been enough anyway. But that's a particularly cruel way to bow out.Didn't do enough all year though ultimately.

brendy_éire
27/10/2017, 9:08 PM
Awful defending, something which we've been guilty of all year, to allow Pat's to score first at Maginn. Decent goal in reply. Feck all else happened really, bar Pat's picking up a fine or two for flares fecked onto the surface and a pitch incursion. Two firsts of the season at Maginn.
Disappointing to see Galway down, but fair play to Pat's, did well tonight.
Cheers to Inishowen League for Maginn, and to Buncrana in general. I enjoyed the trips down the road now.

Besides all that, thank feck this season is over.

da bishop
27/10/2017, 9:12 PM
Disappointed to see Galway go down,though you reap what you sow,appointing Keegan especially the manner in which it was done was a recipe for disaster.Keegans own character is also questionable in the way it was done.Plenty clubs will be having a look at 3-4 of those Galway players.

ToberonaTornado
27/10/2017, 9:41 PM
Good game this evening at EDP this evening.Galway threw everything they could at Dundalk and could have sneaked a win in the end.Some excellent goals from both sides with McEleny's being the stand-out one.

Good luck to Galway next season,i have no doubt yee will return to the PD on your 1st attempt.

White Horse
27/10/2017, 9:44 PM
Commisserations to Galway.

What a fight-back, it was great to watch on TV, particularly after so many terrible games being televised.

KBurke
27/10/2017, 10:25 PM
Sure they would make plenty off advertisement hoarding in Galway like the FIFA 16 one .........

Galway United dont make any money from Advertising Hoardings in the ground. They only rent the ground from the Galway Fa. No catering proceeds go to the club either

Paulgufc
27/10/2017, 10:44 PM
A very sad night for the club. As down as I’ve felt following United, and that’s saying something. The players tried their heart out. To watch Stevie Folan and Colm Horgan in bits at the end was sad to see. So sorry for the 4 or 5 volunteers who keep the show on the road. We deserved what we got over the course of the season but this is a horrible night as a fan.

ger121
27/10/2017, 11:16 PM
I think with Waterford up and the two other teams that went down, you’d have to say that Galway would be heavy favorites to come straight back up.

Nesta99
27/10/2017, 11:35 PM
Galway United dont make any money from Advertising Hoardings in the ground. They only rent the ground from the Galway Fa. No catering proceeds go to the club either

Well i didnt specify Galway United but I was more alluding to advertising a product that is 2 years old so whomever cant still be getting money from that slot. Maybe not the thread but in Cork City's situation how does ground sponsorship work? Surely if someone wants to sponsor Galway United by paying for hoarding in ED Park something could be done even if that advertisment was put up and taken down on match night. Unless this is used to offset a minimal rental fee by taking proceeds of other aspects of the ground it sounds unfair if there is no other major tenant.

Commiserations on being relegated. Neither Duffy or at the end Stephen Kenny looked too happy at all about relegating a club albeit other results didnt go with Galway Utd. I dont think any of the Dundalk goals were celebrated!?

DannyInvincible
27/10/2017, 11:37 PM
Paul Dollery tweeted (https://twitter.com/PaulDollery/status/924013336370479106) the following:

Three full stands at Turner’s Cross but they’ve set the podium for the trophy presentation up in front of the one that’s empty.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNLBM4WWAAEqK4V.jpg

They couldn’t possibly be further away from the spectators. Bizarre.

It's hard to get your head around the FAI sometimes.

redarmyfaction
27/10/2017, 11:42 PM
I think with Waterford up and the two other teams that went down, you’d have to say that Galway would be heavy favorites to come straight back up.

No offence to Harps but Galway's supporters rallied to the cause when the chips were down while Harps crowds slipped, so for that reason I think Galway will be champs nest year. Both clubs will missed here in the North West.

wonder88
27/10/2017, 11:45 PM
Disappointing to not make it out of the bottom 3, it was always going to be a struggle. The squad is small, and while there are a number of good players there, there are a number of weak-links which has cost us. Still a much better team to watch than last year's one under Tommy Dunne. Keegan seems to be getting it from the likes of Johnny McDonnell, but he lost less league games than Bradley at Shamrocks R. Also best goal difference in the bottom half, so not as simple as the likes of Johnny Mac makes out. Good job done by the small board, who as been pointed out have kept the show on the road.

Nesta99
27/10/2017, 11:59 PM
Paul Dollery tweeted (https://twitter.com/PaulDollery/status/924013336370479106) the following:

It's hard to get your head around the FAI sometimes.

I dont know if this is the reason but when Dundalk won the league in 2014 the trophy presentation ended up being missed by the live broadcast due to the time it took for the team to weave their way through the crowd for the trophy presentation. That time it was in the Town end corner infront of the terracing and I thought that was an odd place at the time rather than more central like centre circle in front of the stand. Although the crowd in Turners Cross dont seem to have entered the pitch and the game wasnt live, it would have made sense with those potential circumstances. But a bit of on the spot cop on wouldnt have gone amiss and move the podium in to the centre circle. Maybe RTE hadnt brought power cables long enough....

El-Pietro
28/10/2017, 12:10 AM
The only thing I can think of is that they wanted the three full stands to have a decent view of it.
Very little encroachment tonight after the big pitch invasion last week. The players did a lap with the trophy and everyone got a good look at it. Good crowd out in a local city bar with the trophy now but the players have all gone home (I hope) to rest. No mad celebrations tonight for them.
12 long years we've waited for tonight and it's everything I hoped it would be

sidewayspasser
28/10/2017, 9:45 AM
If the PA hadn't announced about 20 times that people should stay off the pitch to allow for a lap of honour, I think there would have been more of a pitch invasion. So that worked out quite well.

PartySaint
28/10/2017, 11:03 AM
Relief, finally. Our signings in the transfer window saved us this season, I think only Dundalk have got more points than us in the last 13 games since the window opened.

I think Galway were a bit unlucky to go down, they're not a bad side just too many draws, they lost less games than Rovers in 3rd.

TonyD
28/10/2017, 11:28 AM
Feel sorry for Galway, but at the same time mightily relieved that it wasn't us. As PartySaint says we've been pretty good since the signings in the summer. Balk, Brennan and Garvan made a big difference to the side. No doubt we'd have gone down without them. And Billy Dennehy actually turned out to be able to play a little bit too in the last couple of games. Who knew ?

White Horse
28/10/2017, 12:30 PM
Was Karl Shepherd booed by sections of the Cork support last night?

I find it hard to believe.

patrickccfc
28/10/2017, 12:34 PM
Was Karl Shepherd booed by sections of the Cork support last night?

I find it hard to believe.

He was getting boos alright. I found it very disappointing. He's been brilliant for us and it was a complete lack of respect to do that as he was a major part of us winning the league.

sligoman
28/10/2017, 1:21 PM
Galway have made some strange decisions over the past couple of seasons. Selling Lee Grace seemed extremely short term thinking and could well come back to hurt them. Sligo made a similar decision with Sadlier but have ended up safe most likely.The difference with us was the money Sadlier's transfer gave us allowed us to recruit some other players and we managed to sign someone of equal, if not better, standard as his replacement. No doubt you'll be seeing him in Cork next season as Caulfield can't seem to find players anywhere else.

mcgonigle
28/10/2017, 2:25 PM
I see McNulty rolled out his party trick last night, a completely classless individual. Hope someone took his phone off him before he consumed anymore. Insert Kevin Keegan rant here

El-Pietro
28/10/2017, 3:54 PM
None of the players were drinking last night. It was also clearly a reference to last year. You shouldn't worry so much about what he thinks about you!

Sam_Heggy
28/10/2017, 4:15 PM
Is the season over yet?
Can we (Harps fans) come out from behind the sofa?

Anyone want to start some mad off season rumours? Like every club are going to get licences for 2018 or the FAI have guaranteed to raise the profile of the league thus enhancing gates by a further 20%....

micls
28/10/2017, 4:41 PM
Shep was booed by a tiny section. Maybe 20 people. Not nice, but assuming they know the rumour is true not that unexpected either.

Nults was completely sober and clearly taking the **** after the drama that came from last year.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
28/10/2017, 4:48 PM
The difference with us was the money Sadlier's transfer gave us allowed us to recruit some other players and we managed to sign someone of equal, if not better, standard as his replacement. No doubt you'll be seeing him in Cork next season as Caulfield can't seem to find players anywhere else.

I presume you’re on about McCabe who thankfully, along with Callen-McFadden, re-signed today. Two huge keeps for us.

Sounds like Toby is off to Cork. The Toby of this season is absolutely no loss. If he can regain the form of last season he would be a great signing.

rebel
28/10/2017, 4:53 PM
I don't think it was a very clever thing for McNulty to do because there will be a PFAI awards night later on in the year and he will have to meet the Dundalk players there. I'm not saying there will be any trouble but there might be a bit of an atmosphere.

sbgawa
28/10/2017, 4:55 PM
I heard a rumour that next year it's 4 up and 1 down

gufcfan
28/10/2017, 4:59 PM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

The FAI love changing the window dressing. A 10 team premier is a nonsense and I said that even before the season started, not believing it would effect us (probably).

sbgawa
28/10/2017, 5:40 PM
Average attendances next year will show whether it's a success or not

mcgonigle
28/10/2017, 5:55 PM
Shep was booed by a tiny section. Maybe 20 people. Not nice, but assuming they know the rumour is true not that unexpected either.

Nults was completely sober and clearly taking the **** after the drama that came from last year.

If that was his intention it was a bad joke and I don't think it was clear. Plenty of people didn't think so including some Cork fans. Fact that he was sober makes it a worse joke.

Anyway the 5th can't come quick enough!

nigel-harps1954
28/10/2017, 6:35 PM

A 13 team Premier?