PDA

View Full Version : WC tickets on sale tomorrow

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dawn_Run
31/01/2005, 2:12 PM
World Cup Ticket Sales (http://p7.fifa.re2.yahoo.com/06/en/tickets/index.html)

Anyone brave enough??

eirebhoy
31/01/2005, 2:17 PM
I'll definitely be putting my name down but there's no rush, have about 2 months. Mastercards or bank transfers only btw.

Peadar
31/01/2005, 2:37 PM
What? No Visa cards? Is that really true?

MasterCard are the official card of World Cup 2006 so they control the transactions. It's pathetic really but we'll just have to deal with it.
I've done this for last World Cup and Euro 2004 but never got invited to buy tickets for the World Cup.

NeilMcD
31/01/2005, 2:44 PM
how do u get tickets if you dont have a mastercard. I have a visa but not a mastercard

Peadar
31/01/2005, 2:47 PM
how do u get tickets if you dont have a mastercard.

All the details are on the website.

Am I right in thinking that the site goes live at 23:00 (00:00 CET) tonight?
There's no rush though.
The only thing is that you need to have the passport numbers of everyone you're applying for tickets for.

Eire06
31/01/2005, 2:55 PM
Defo applying there is no rush cause if number applied for is greater that quantity available there is a random draw for the tickets. So its not a first come first served basis...

A bit crap for the people without Mastercards looks a bit messy applying..

Colm55
31/01/2005, 2:59 PM
I read in the papers last week (i'm open to correction here) that its only fans are only recieving 33% of the ticket quota ! and at that it'll be a lottery to see who gets them !
So i'm wishing everyone good luck with the application !

Dawn_Run
31/01/2005, 4:13 PM
I read in the papers last week (i'm open to correction here) that its only fans are only recieving 33% of the ticket quota ! and at that it'll be a lottery to see who gets them !

Dont know about the 33% - but the lottery part is right! Says so on the FIFA website. So am I right in saying that the FAI will have nothing to do with ticket allocation (pending qualification of course)? Should we not be able to buy our tickets through them - priority given to those that endure sub-zero temperatures in the South Bucket every time they play?

jbyrne
31/01/2005, 5:49 PM

yes, read that also but the amount national associations are getting was a separate amount so i presume that, should we qualify, the fai will get 15% of the capacity of the stadium matches are to be played in on top of that 33% figure.

4tothefloor
31/01/2005, 7:07 PM
That's an absolute disgrace about the Mastercard situation. That's shocking. :mad:

I have a mastercard, and I think it is the best rule, ever! :D

Jon'o
31/01/2005, 8:30 PM
going to put an application in, not sure if i should stick with the 3 group games or go for one upto the final say... would love to stay for the whole thing just dont see the manager taking it too well when i say ''see you in five to six weeks'' :)

what are you guys signing up for? 3 group games or longer? do i book upto the final and just phone in sick :D

Cowboy
31/01/2005, 10:03 PM
i'm going the whole hog, imagine how you will feel when we reach the final and you missed your opportunity for a ticket. Your manager will understand :)
Its in germany, you can fly home between games

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 8:53 AM
€149 for the first 3 matches, not bad.

barglee
01/02/2005, 8:59 AM
ok from what i read,
if you buy a ticket for up until the final and ireland get knocked out , uve to follow the team that knocked them out to the final........(and pay for all tickets). seems a bit of a waste paying hundreds of euros for matches ireland arent involved in

or am i wrong.....

"A purchaser of a TST 4-7 ticket follows their team until that team is eliminated from the tournament. When their chosen team has been eliminated from the competition the customer will continue through the tournament following the team that has eliminated their chosen team from the tournament. If your desired team is eliminated in one of the final matches, with the TST being valid for subsequent matches, the ticket will be transferred to the winner of the respective final match. A corresponding rule applies in the case of that team being eliminated in turn."

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 9:16 AM
Yeah, i'm just going for the group games and hopefully get tickets over in Germany if we go any further. It feels strange talking about this though as we haven't qualified yet. :(

Cowboy
01/02/2005, 9:29 AM
hmm this is different from Japan TST where you got your money back for unused games. I cannnot see the logic of it and could it not lead to overbooking. I may be wrong but could two people not end up with the same seat ?

ok from what i read,
if you buy a ticket for up until the final and ireland get knocked out , uve to follow the team that knocked them out to the final........(and pay for all tickets). seems a bit of a waste paying hundreds of euros for matches ireland arent involved in

or am i wrong.....

"A purchaser of a TST 4-7 ticket follows their team until that team is eliminated from the tournament. When their chosen team has been eliminated from the competition the customer will continue through the tournament following the team that has eliminated their chosen team from the tournament. If your desired team is eliminated in one of the final matches, with the TST being valid for subsequent matches, the ticket will be transferred to the winner of the respective final match. A corresponding rule applies in the case of that team being eliminated in turn."

barglee
01/02/2005, 9:47 AM
ya it seems youve to stay even if they get knocked out
ridiculous.....

this system will lead to a lot of tickets being sold
i.e. if ireland beat england in the quarter finals :) all the english fans who bought say TST-7 tickets wud want to sell the reamining matches to irish fans......

looks like the best bet might be a TST-4. then if they get knocked out in the group uve only one extra match to pay for.

big risk going for TST-7

"What happens to my TST if my team is knocked out during the tournament (finals)?

If you have a TST-4 to TST-7 ticket and your selected team fails to make it past the group phase, the ticket is automatically transferred to the winner of the group in which your selected team originally played. If your team goes out at the knockout stage and your TST is still valid for subsequent games, the ticket is automatically transferred to the winner of the respective knockout match. In other words, you always follow the winner of the round. That means you will definitely see the specified number of matches, no matter when your own team goes out."

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 9:58 AM
Lads, don't be afraid to book your flights as long as we're sure of qualifying, even if you don't get a ticket. There'll be just as good an atmosphere with your fellow countrymen outside the ground. :)

Seamuslawless
01/02/2005, 10:18 AM
Right, so here we go, theoretical situation.....

Ireland play Spain in the last 16, England play Turkey.
Ireland and England win. So for the Ireland England match you have Irish Fans, Engliah Fans, a heap of Spanish Fans who have had their TST's transferred and a heap of Turkish Fans who have have had thier TST's transferred.

Then Ireland beat England and progress to the semis :) ... you now have Ireland playing Argentina, but there are a load of fans there from England, Turkey, Spain and all the teams Argentina beat along the way, not to mention the teams that were knocked out in the group stages.... does this seem crazy to anybody else?!?!

Imagine the trouble that could be caused if Ireland were to beat england and a load of english fans could then get into irelands remaining games...

For Japan and as far as I'm aware for Euro 2004 if you're team didn't qualify for the finals or didn't get past the group stages your TST was refunded :confused:

Peadar
01/02/2005, 10:24 AM
Then Ireland beat England and progress to the semis :) ... you now have Ireland playing Argentina, but there are a load of fans there from England, Turkey, Spain and all the teams Argentina beat along the way, not to mention the teams that were knocked out in the group stages.... does this seem crazy to anybody else?!?!

You're nuts Séamus! ;)
Way too much time on your hands.

The England fans are the only ones likely to got to a game that doesn't involve them as happened in the Euro 2004 Finals and World Cup 2002 Finals.
The Turks will be outside trying to sell their tickets for a small fortune and the Spanish will be on the first flight home for "proper food."

onenilgameover
01/02/2005, 10:30 AM
If your getting category3 tickets for say TST 4 (Group games and the second round) and you have 3 guests. what money do you lose out on if Ireland fail to qualify for the finals. how much of a risk is it?

Seamuslawless
01/02/2005, 10:41 AM
You're nuts Séamus! ;)
Way too much time on your hands.

Yeah I get that quite a bit ;)

Just seems to be a crazy way to arrange things, you're inviting chaos and touting at the games, like you mentioned with the turks!

....and as for the mastercard things.... next anyone caught entering the country with a bottle of pepsi rather than cocacola will be refused entry!!

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 10:51 AM
If your getting category3 tickets for say TST 4 (Group games and the second round) and you have 3 guests. what money do you lose out on if Ireland fail to qualify for the finals. how much of a risk is it?
It doesn't seem to mention it so I assume you get a full refund. Otherwise they could make about €1m out of Ireland failing to qualify. :)

Eire06
01/02/2005, 11:04 AM
I just applied for tickets there went for TST-5 couldn't decide sojust went half way.... and I'm optimistic.....

eireBohy

I checked that for ya and you get all your money back appart from the booking fee if Ireland don't qualify... but theres not a chance of that happening....

Jon'o
01/02/2005, 12:36 PM
sorted... TST5 roll on april when the draw is done :ball:

gspain
01/02/2005, 12:49 PM
Last time out you had 2 types of TSTs - "one follow my team" and th eother "follow my team and whoever beats them and so on etc" - much better. Crazy really as most people will head home when their country is out.

Good way to get a Final ticket is to do a TST for a country with few fans that are likely to qualify then. Any of the Africans, Arab countries etc.

Also could pick up tickets from opposing fans if we were to knock out teams.
Don't worry about the passport stuff etc they say that at every tournament and never check. It would take 9 hours to fill a stadium if they checked each ticket with a corresponding passport.

BTW were are still a long way off qualifying. it is not a done deal. Fail to win in Tel Aviv and we are battling for the playoff spot most likely. We could still end up facing Holland or Italy there.

Having said all that I'll still be banging in an application for a TST for us.

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 12:58 PM
Fail to win in Tel Aviv and we are battling for the playoff spot most likely. We could still end up facing Holland or Italy there.
A draw in Tel Aviv and its in our hands from here on in. Don't need to win.

onenilgameover
01/02/2005, 1:57 PM
Eire06 wrote

I checked that for ya and you get all your money back appart from the booking fee if Ireland don't qualify... but theres not a chance of that happening....

Thanks eire06 I'ill be puttin my application together so....

Peadar
01/02/2005, 2:07 PM
do they actually check passport numbers to see if they are real??

The numbers are printed on your tickets.
You have to collect your tickets and they will ask for Id when you do.
It's a bit of a risk to take considering you were in no rush to get your application in.

gspain
01/02/2005, 2:08 PM
A draw in Tel Aviv and its in our hands from here on in. Don't need to win.

True but we need to win all our other games then incl beating France.

If we win in Tel Aviv a draw v France in Dublin will probably do assuming we win the rest. Lose in Tel Aviv and we're really up against it even for the playoff spot. Thw Swiss are still strong contenders too and Israel have a chance as well. I expect France to win in Tel Aviv too 4 days after us.

I would not take a draw now v Israel away but I'd gladly take one now v the French at Lansdowne. We could beat them in Dublin but we could easily lose that one too.

brine3
01/02/2005, 2:27 PM
Bit of a joke of a situation with those TST tickets. Who the **** wants to follow the team that you get knocked out by... much better getting your money back.

Let's say Ireland were knocked out by Paraguay in the second round and Paraguay went on to play Chile in the quarters. You'd have a World Cup quarter final between Chile and Paraguay and the stadium would be stuffed with Irish fans.

Eire06
01/02/2005, 3:07 PM
The numbers are printed on your tickets.
You have to collect your tickets and they will ask for Id when you do.
It's a bit of a risk to take considering you were in no rush to get your application in.

Thought your tickets get posted to ya...

Schumi
01/02/2005, 3:08 PM
If the TSTs work like this, there's going to be a serious shortage of them. Only a third of the tickets are being sold to fans so the total number of TSTs is limited to a third of the capacity of the final venue. I think the Olympiastadion's capacity is something like 78,000 meaning there can only be 26,000 TSTs in total, for every country, i.e. only 1,600 per country! They're going to be seriously over-subscribed.

Peadar
01/02/2005, 3:15 PM
Thought your tickets get posted to ya...

Maybe you're right.
I thought you collected the tickets for the knockout stages at the ground but this system probably does away with that.
Either way, I don't like the idea of having my passport number on the tickets.

Dawn_Run
01/02/2005, 3:16 PM
Let's say Ireland were knocked out by Paraguay in the second round and Paraguay went on to play Chile in the quarters.

...and say (for arguments sake) that Chile beat Paraguay in the quarters. Is yer TST transferred on to Chile? That would mean anyone with a TST will get a ticket for the final - regardless. Pointless system in my opinion

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 3:22 PM
...and say (for arguments sake) that Chile beat Paraguay in the quarters. Is yer TST transferred on to Chile? That would mean anyone with a TST will get a ticket for the final - regardless. Pointless system in my opinion
Depends which one you go for:

• TST-3: You see all three group games played by your team
• TST-4: You see all three group games and one match from the Round of sixteen
• TST-5: As TST-3, but with one Round of sixteen match and a quarter final
• TST-6: As TST-3, but with one Round of sixteen match, a quarter final and a semi-final
• TST-7: As TST-3, but with one Round of sixteen match, a quarter final, a semi-final and the final

tetsujin1979
01/02/2005, 3:24 PM
Depends which one you go for:

• TST-6: As TST-3, but with one Round of sixteen match, a quarter final and a semi-final
• TST-7: As TST-3, but with one Round of sixteen match, a quarter final, a semi-final and the final

So if you applied for a TST-7 for a team that will be undersubscribed (say an african team, cameroon for example) you'd be guaranteed a ticket for the final??

Eire06
01/02/2005, 3:26 PM
Maybe you're right.
I thought you collected the tickets for the knockout stages at the ground but this system probably does away with that.
Either way, I don't like the idea of having my passport number on the tickets.

Might do I just presumed....
The match tickets must be blank too cause if you apply for a T5 who to say who you'll be playin then and where you'll be playin.... They can hardly post them cause you'll be over there...
Anyone in Japan what was the story then....

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 3:27 PM
So if you applied for a TST-7 for a team that will be undersubscribed (say an african team, cameroon for example) you'd be guaranteed a ticket for the final??
No matter what happens, once you have a TST-7 you have a ticket for the final.

harpskid
01/02/2005, 3:31 PM
Can someone, somewhere post a simplified version of what happens with these tickets if ye get knocked out or progress.... :confused:

eirebhoy
01/02/2005, 3:41 PM

-That should be clear

- If Ireland get out of the group you get a ticket to their last 16 match.
- If Ireland fail to get out of the group you get a ticket to the last 16 match of the team that won the group.

- As above plus:
- If Ireland win the last 16 match you get a ticket to that match.
- If Ireland lose the last 16 match you get a ticket to the match of the team who beat them.
- If Ireland failed to get out of the group you get a ticket to the winner of the group's next game, plus a ticket to the winner of that match's next match.

- as above.... and so on.....you always follow the winner of the round.

gspain
01/02/2005, 3:55 PM
for Japan I had a conditional TST7 for Ireland - meant I had a ticket for us through to the final IF we made it that far.

I got 3 tickets for the group games by DHL a couple of days before I left (chaos here as many people had already left before the tickets arrived). I also got a credit card style card. Once Ireland reached the last 16 I could visit an office in any city in Japan or Korea and have my ticket printed for the last 16 game. I went into the Osaka office and got my Spain ticket that was available in a couple of minutes (this worked like a dream) I did not need to show any passport etc and I was able to use 2 cards to get 2 tickets.

Now for Germany I presume it will work the same way but you will have to visit after every round.

I'll need to be lucky in the lottery anyway but there is no way I can spend a month in Germany unless we are there so i'm tempted to just apply for TST4 or maybe TST5 and worry about semi final and final tickets out there if we get that far

harpskid
01/02/2005, 4:11 PM
I'll need to be lucky in the lottery anyway but there is no way I can spend a month in Germany unless we are there so i'm tempted to just apply for TST4 or maybe TST5 and worry about semi final and final tickets out there if we get that far

Think i'm gonna try the same approach myself :cool:

Cowboy
01/02/2005, 4:29 PM
does this not throw segergation out the window too, not that we need it but imagine a game in the latter stages sitting next to a load of tans bent on trouble

Junior
02/02/2005, 8:21 AM
If you apply for 4 x TST, you need to put the details (name, address, id number etc...) of all 4 ticket holders (i,e the person applying + the 3 guests).

If you apply a second time, and just re-arrange the 4 sets of details above (i.e a different lead name) is there any restriction on this? i.e someones details could appear on a number of applications without them ever actually applying themselves????? (say if they are always a guest)

Does this make sense? any thoughts?

Eire06
02/02/2005, 8:25 AM
If you apply for 4 x TST, you need to put the details (name, address, id number etc...) of all 4 ticket holders (i,e the person applying + the 3 guests).

If you apply a second time, and just re-arrange the 4 sets of details above (i.e a different lead name) is there any restriction on this? i.e someones details could appear on a number of applications without them ever actually applying themselves????? (say if they are always a guest)

Does this make sense? any thoughts?

Sounds like it could work as long as all you guests have different addresses cause only one application per household...

Dawn_Run
02/02/2005, 1:45 PM
Sounds like it could work as long as all you guests have different addresses cause only one application per household...

Nope :( read below

"<b>8. What information must I provide when buying tickets? </b>
The following information must be provided on the application form by the applicant and any joint applicants: Last name, first name, street, postcode, town/city, country, nationality, sex, date of birth, passport number, e-mail address (optional on postal and fax applications), telephone number (optional), further address details (optional). "

When ordering for more than one person you need to include passport numbers for each person. They will more than likely remove duplicates this way.....I think

Junior
02/02/2005, 1:50 PM
Nope :( read below

"<b>8. What information must I provide when buying tickets? </b>
The following information must be provided on the application form by the applicant and any joint applicants: Last name, first name, street, postcode, town/city, country, nationality, sex, date of birth, passport number, e-mail address (optional on postal and fax applications), telephone number (optional), further address details (optional). "

When ordering for more than one person you need to include passport numbers for each person. They will more than likely remove duplicates this way.....I think

This was my concern, but Im not convinced that they would go in to this level of checking for duplicate details of 'Non-lead applicants'.

eirebhoy
02/02/2005, 1:53 PM
This was my concern, but Im not convinced that they would go in to this level of checking for duplicate details of 'Non-lead applicants'.
I'm sure there's a program out there that would do it.

Dawn_Run
02/02/2005, 2:21 PM
It does state though that if you apply for a TST then you cannot apply for signle match tickets. This might hint that they dont want people coming out with more than one ticket. Has anyone tried listing themselves on more than one TST application form? Maybe it does this check online and block the duplicate applicaiton?