PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

old boy
27/01/2006, 11:42 AM
its where newmarket play their home matches... head out of newmarket on old n18 road. about mile and a half you come to crossroads. there used to be a tractor tyre standing up 'roll on d banner'. turn left there and its out that road a mile... the pitch could be any field but for some reason they put goalposts on this one... i'd be worried leaving a donkey on this pitch that he might hurt himself
;)

cheers... have heard it was a bit dodgy ... but now i am really worried .. sounds like a c**P pitch :mad: :mad:

plasticpitch
27/01/2006, 11:49 AM
Folks, i think everyone should know of the interview that Hugh kelly gave to the clare champion after the clare team lost in west cork. 'The overall display from clare was crap', is the title. it goes on. Hugh manages to blame players , officials, basically everyone but himself. yet again this year the manager has blamed everyone except himself. as i predicted myself earlier in this thread this would happen. no wonder some of the best players in clare wont play for him and i dont blame them.
Lets start he played 3 centre half with holding player. how many teams in clare play this way?? 1, avenue or maybe there is another . also he played manjer as a winger. he hasn't played in this position for years but hughie decided that he would experiment in this game. he took off ger o'connell who by all accounts was clares best player. he allowed davy wall to stay on after he has said on many occasios that he will take off any player that has been booked as not to risk doing down to 10.
In fairness Hughie you are living in cookoo land. You have to take all resposibility for losing ... then again y should you be different from any other manager?? :mad:

plasticpitch
27/01/2006, 11:51 AM
cheers... have heard it was a bit dodgy ... but now i am really worried .. sounds like a c**P pitch :mad: :mad:
it is... definetley the worst in the whole league

townie
27/01/2006, 12:52 PM
to be fair lads hughie musnt be too great a manager as the clare team picked was no where near the best available! i heard barry keating laughing at jim madden out in lees rd few months ago saying that the eire og footballers would beat that oscar traynor team in soccer and he was prob right!

First
27/01/2006, 12:53 PM
it is... definetley the worst in the whole league

Lads lets be honest here, the pitch we are playing on is bad, lets not use it as a whipping post for begrudgers. Newmarket are developing a first class ground which ye will all delight in visiting for years to come.We won alot of league titles playing on some serious cabbage patches down through the years and never used anyones pitch as an excuse. Also Newmarket have built dressing rooms and provided the basic facilities .i.e showers along time before any other club bothered. I remember travelling to away games and depending on the farmer grazing his cows , this decided which field someone threw done a bag of lime on and called it a soccer pitch.

We in Newmarket are trying to develop our own little part of the world and we would appreciate a small bit of commonsense from other so called football clubs. It would be alot easier if the county council built us these facilities but we don't have that luxury.

First
27/01/2006, 12:55 PM
Folks, i think everyone should know of the interview that Hugh kelly gave to the clare champion after the clare team lost in west cork. 'The overall display from clare was crap', is the title. it goes on. Hugh manages to blame players , officials, basically everyone but himself. yet again this year the manager has blamed everyone except himself. as i predicted myself earlier in this thread this would happen. no wonder some of the best players in clare wont play for him and i dont blame them.
Lets start he played 3 centre half with holding player. how many teams in clare play this way?? 1, avenue or maybe there is another . also he played manjer as a winger. he hasn't played in this position for years but hughie decided that he would experiment in this game. he took off ger o'connell who by all accounts was clares best player. he allowed davy wall to stay on after he has said on many occasios that he will take off any player that has been booked as not to risk doing down to 10.
In fairness Hughie you are living in cookoo land. You have to take all resposibility for losing ... then again y should you be different from any other manager?? :mad: Sounds alot like the **** he was at last year....get rid

shelbourne1904
27/01/2006, 2:37 PM
Lads lets be honest here, the pitch we are playing on is bad, lets not use it as a whipping post for begrudgers. Newmarket are developing a first class ground which ye will all delight in visiting for years to come.We won alot of league titles playing on some serious cabbage patches down through the years and never used anyones pitch as an excuse. Also Newmarket have built dressing rooms and provided the basic facilities .i.e showers along time before any other club bothered. I remember travelling to away games and depending on the farmer grazing his cows , this decided which field someone threw done a bag of lime on and called it a soccer pitch.We in Newmarket are trying to develop our own little part of the world and we would appreciate a small bit of commonsense from other so called football clubs. It would be alot easier if the county council built us these facilities but we don't have that luxury.

Fair play to Newmarket for a)having been the first club to build their own dressing rooms and b)now developing new pitches.But and this is a big but...how on earth does a league committe allow a club to compete in the Premier League that has a cabbage patch as a pitch.I say again I know Newmarket are doing their best but the pitch is not up to any standard to play football on and should not have been accepted.As far as winning trophies on crap pitches it has to be remembered that a serious contributor to those victories was the old Nemarket pitch which noone could play on either.Having said all this I would hate to see Newmarket go down especially in the year they will open the new pitches.They have contributed an awfull lot to Clare football and always battled hard to keep the game alive as the number one sport in the Village.

First
27/01/2006, 2:51 PM
Fair play to Newmarket for a)having been the first club to build their own dressing rooms and b)now developing new pitches.But and this is a big but...how on earth does a league committe allow a club to compete in the Premier League that has a cabbage patch as a pitch.I say again I know Newmarket are doing their best but the pitch is not up to any standard to play football on and should not have been accepted.

Would you prefer to have a Premier league without Newmarket, you are around long enough to remember when Clare soccer was using Our Lady's for all matches of importance.

Hopefully the drainage will be ok and we won't have our stalwarts standing in the middle of the field, in their waders ,having their photos taken.:)

Did anyone object to Newmarkets use of this temporary arrangement?

shelbourne1904
27/01/2006, 3:25 PM
Did anyone object to Newmarkets use of this temporary arrangement?[/QUOTE]

Was anyone given a choice???

First
27/01/2006, 3:34 PM
Did anyone object to Newmarkets use of this temporary arrangement?

Was anyone given a choice???[/QUOTE]

And if given the choice?

shelbourne1904
27/01/2006, 3:56 PM
Was anyone given a choice???

And if given the choice?[/QUOTE]

The point is not that anyone would be given the choice.The point is that it is the job of the League Committee to make the right decisions and I am saying that they made a wrong decision allowing that pitch ...no matter who was using it to be allowed in the Premier...even on atemporary basis.Furthermore I have no doubt that the premier would not be as good withour Newmarket but thyat is a seperate issue.

plasticpitch
27/01/2006, 4:12 PM
Lads lets be honest here, the pitch we are playing on is bad, lets not use it as a whipping post for begrudgers. Newmarket are developing a first class ground which ye will all delight in visiting for years to come.We won alot of league titles playing on some serious cabbage patches down through the years and never used anyones pitch as an excuse. Also Newmarket have built dressing rooms and provided the basic facilities .i.e showers along time before any other club bothered. I remember travelling to away games and depending on the farmer grazing his cows , this decided which field someone threw done a bag of lime on and called it a soccer pitch.

We in Newmarket are trying to develop our own little part of the world and we would appreciate a small bit of commonsense from other so called football clubs. It would be alot easier if the county council built us these facilities but we don't have that luxury.
i'm not a begrudger. i'm just stating a fact about the pitch. Clare soccer, i'm sure, has come a long way since the days you talk about and i'm also sure it will never return to those days.
Currently lifford are devolping their own ground. They have been playing in Ruan for the last couple of years. However the pitch wasn't great and when lees road opened the junior teams agreed unaminously to play on the better surface in lees rd. I think this has been a big factor in our form this year. I hope that newmarket are not relegated but to be honest no team is exempt from relegation and i'm sure that none of the teams in the 1st division care who goes down. The league is very tight and only 5 points seperate 5th and 10th. it is very difficult to say who will be relegated but maybe newmarket home pitch could prove to be there achilles heel.
:ball:

CousinSylDolan
30/01/2006, 7:21 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Results
Saturday 28/01/06
Munster Youths Cup 4th Round
Rathkeale 1 Newtown 3

Clare U17 Soccer League
Bunratty Scr Turnpike Rovers W/O

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Newmarket 1 Hermitage 2

Moher Celtic 5 St.Pats 2

Lifford 1 Bridge United 0

Sunday 22/01/06
Munster Junior Cup 4th Round
Avenue United 4 (3-1Pens) Star Rovers 4

Nenagh Celtic 2 Newtown A 1

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Lifford A 1 Mountshannon Celtic 1

Bridge Celtic A 1 Rinnanna Rovers A 2

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Kilkishen Celtic 1 Connolly Celtic 3

Corofin Harps 4 Moher Celtic 5

Rock Rovers (P-P) Hermitage

Burren United 0 Kilmaley united 2

Shannon Olympic A 5 Avenue United B 3

SEL Print Second Division League
Cooraclare Celtic 3 St .Pats A 3

Kilrush Rangers 1 Turnpike Rovers 1

Bridge United B (P-P) Kildysart Celtic

Kilkee 3 Tulla United 5

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Inch Crusaders 2 Rhine Rovers 4

Newmarket Celtic B 2 Newtown B 2

St.Pats B 3 Bridge Celtic B 2

Rinnanna Rovers B 0 Lifford B 4

CousinSylDolan
30/01/2006, 7:22 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 04/02/06
Ladies West Senior League
Lees Road Pitch 4: Clare V Roscommon
F.Coote 2.00

Clare U17 Soccer League
Bunratty: Bunratty V Connolly Celtic
J.Deniffee 2.30

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Ballycasey: Newtown V Bridge United
A.Murphy 11.00

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Cratloe Celtic
F.Coote 11.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic V Lifford
J.Stanford 11.00

Sunday 15/01/06
Munster Senior Cup 2nd Round
Lees Road Pitch 2: Avenue United V Ballinhassig
Referee: M.O`Brien
Assistant Referees: P.Cullen, P.Markham 2.00

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A V Lifford A D.McCarthy 11.00

Lees Road Pitch 4: Cratloe Celtic V Rinnanna Rovers A P.Mulready 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Bunratty
D.McCarthy 2.30

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Bridge Celtic A P.Sutton 11.00

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Corofin Harps
P.Markham 11.00

Kilmaley School: Connolly Celtic V Rock Rovers
J.Deniffee 2.30

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Avenue United B P.Cullen 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Moher Celtic
A.Murphy 11.00

SEL Print Second Division League
Norrie Henchies: Tulla United V Bridge United B
M.O`Brien 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats A V Kildysart Celtic
F.Coote 11.00

Kilkee: Kilkee V Shannon Olympic B J.Stanford 2.30

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V Turnpike Rovers
F.Coote 2.30

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Ennistymon Town
J.Stanford 11.00

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Lees Road Pitch 1: Inch Crusaders V Lifford B

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic V Newtown B
N.Bennett 11.00

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V St.Pats B

see's it
30/01/2006, 8:28 AM
did anyone watch the Avenue vs Star game yest? any good?

myleftfoot
30/01/2006, 9:55 AM
Entertaining for us neutrals but Avenue management must have been planking it.Avenue can count themselves very lucky to progress.
The better side for most of the match but 3-1 up with ten mins left they fell apart. Took off Pa Wilson prob their best player (strange decision). Their midfield fell apart and panic set in. Star completely took over. Finished 4-4 after 90mins.
To be fair they were the better side in extra time once they got re-organised. Strange really cos looking at it we thought they were tired for the last 10mins but then raised it for extra time.
Any team capable of conceding three goals in 10mins wont go far in this competition. Newtown went down yesterday so not much hope of a Clare team winning a munster or FAI on this evidence.

plasticpitch
30/01/2006, 12:24 PM
match was very entertaining. avenue were the better team overall. star had them on the rack and left them off. if star had a bit of pace at the back they would have won. star 1st goal definite off side. i was standing in line with it. star 2nd goal free kick from 30 yards top corner ...great goal. ave 3rd goal very soft star player poor kick out . excellent finish by monaghan. ave keeper injured , defence really didn't inspire. they were muscled around by 2 big lads up front for star.
extra time avenue stepped up a gear and fitness told. they played on pitch 4 which is a big b#stard.
penalty shootout bit of an anticlimax after all that went before.
all in all avenue deserved win ... think they have killarney celtic next:ball:

shelbourne1904
30/01/2006, 12:25 PM
The home side looked like worlbeaters in the first half of this Munster Junior Cup game played on a woeful pitch.Newtown had no answer to the onslaught and should have been behind only for a brillant save by Trevor O'Donnell after a mistake by Noel Donnellan.While quite impressive on the break the visitors defence was torn as under time after time against a faster,hungrier and more aggressive home side.Nenagh got their reward when Ryan Kelly gave the ball away and the Nenagh winger crossed before a shot from 10 yards gave O'Donnell no chance.Celtic cotinued to dominate as they threatened to overun the younger lighter Clare side and went 2 up when a delicate chip caught the Shannon custodian embarrasingly off his line.

A serious metamorphisis took place at half time when the visitors tore into the homeside and the reasonable crowd witnessed a miraculous turnaround
as the game swung completely in the Shannonsiders favour.Kelly,totally ineffective in the first half now set about beating his full back time after time which eventually led to the defenders substitution.From one of his crosses Declan McDonald expertly slotted home a great shot from 10 yards to add to the homesides collapse 15 minutes into the second period. 10 minutes later Mcdonald was guilty of a terrible miss when David Walls slide rule headed pass
fell perfectly for him but his one one one effort was saved by the home keeper.MCDonald made ammends 5 minutes later when,with his back to goal he flicked the ball over his head and into the top corner for piece of brillant individual skill.As Newtown celebrated in step the home town linesman to rule the goal out for offside.This was one of many"dodgy" decision by the home officials frequently experienced by Clare teams away from without the pendulum swinging their way on home turf.Despite many periods of injury delays which bordered on the farscical, minimal extra time was added and Newtown went out of this years competition which they handed to the victors because of their inept first half performance against a team that they were clearly more talented than.

townie
30/01/2006, 3:07 PM
i heard a rumour that lifford slipt up a bit in their quest to win the premier! tragic...

plasticpitch
30/01/2006, 7:05 PM
Ya such a tragedy!Cant wait for next sunday when they play newmarket.I know a few newmarket lads really up for this one.Everyone wants to beat lifford now.....:cool:

dont know why everyone is so worried... sur the lifford team have no 'bottle'.
roll on sunday!!

the boss
30/01/2006, 7:16 PM
roll on sunday is right
im sure the best team will win
we are definitely up for it
so lets see who is still talking the talk next monday.....

Pretender
30/01/2006, 11:29 PM
Never posted before because I just used the site to keep in touch with Clare league while away... but felt I had to say something!!:mad:

Will boss please stop going on about how great lifford are... I'm a Lifford man through and through (Ten years last year but this was all underage) but couldn't be involved with either junior squads this year due to work/college commitments. I hope Lifford win the Premier (and the 3rd) but if boss really is a Lifford player (and I doubt it!!) he should realise talking trash is not going to help... It'll just make everyone want to beat Lifford more!!

People, especially John O' Neill, have put huge time and effort into bringing Lifford forward... So Boss, stop bringing down he clubs reputation.

abbeyvale
31/01/2006, 8:14 AM
Never posted before because I just used the site to keep in touch with Clare league while away... but felt I had to say something!!:mad:

Will boss please stop going on about how great lifford are... I'm a Lifford man through and through (Ten years last year but this was all underage) but couldn't be involved with either junior squads this year due to work/college commitments. I hope Lifford win the Premier (and the 3rd) but if boss really is a Lifford player (and I doubt it!!) he should realise talking trash is not going to help... It'll just make everyone want to beat Lifford more!!

People, especially John O' Neill, have put huge time and effort into bringing Lifford forward... So Boss, stop bringing down he clubs reputation.

I'm a Star rovers player and while waiting to play our match last Sunday v Avenue in MJC we were watching Lifford v MountShannon and to be honest it was like watching paint dry, both teams were very poor to say the least.

CousinSylDolan
31/01/2006, 8:39 AM
I'm a Star rovers player and while waiting to play our match last Sunday v Avenue in MJC we were watching Lifford v MountShannon and to be honest it was like watching paint dry, both teams were very poor to say the least.

Well what does that say about Star considering Lifford are 5 points ahead of Avenue in the League.

Avenue beat ye without performing anywhere near their best by all accounts.

abbeyvale
31/01/2006, 10:16 AM
Well what does that say about Star considering Lifford are 5 points ahead of Avenue in the League.

Avenue beat ye without performing anywhere near their best by all accounts.

Avenue were very lucky to beat us and they admitted that themselves after the game, and remember we are a first division side, so what does that say for Avenue??

manalishi
31/01/2006, 10:35 AM

Is there something we all dont know about Lifford??I HEARD THERE WAS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE LIFFORD YOUTHS PLAYERS INVOLVEMENT IN THE CLARE YOUTHS TEAM.So much so that the Cratloe goalkeeper refused to stay in the squad over some *******,whose name I dont know but who was eventually thrown out of the panel after his reactions to being dropped versus Galway.I know some of the Newtown players in the squad also had a problem with this guy.
I agree with what you say about John O'Neill but someone would want to tell him that some of his members are not fully versed in what this is all about: SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!

CousinSylDolan
31/01/2006, 10:51 AM
Avenue were very lucky to beat us and they admitted that themselves after the game, and remember we are a first division side, so what does that say for Avenue??

Ah come on now!!!! Take off the "Star Rover's Tinted Glasses" and look at the facts...

1. Star 3-1 down with 7 minutes to go.
2. Star needed an injury time equaliser to go to et.
3. Star never lead in the entire game.
4. Star only scored once in the shootout.

Unlucky alright by the sounds of things:D :D :D

townie
31/01/2006, 11:11 AM
was the boss not talking about getting one over on mountshannon last week? so wat happened ye? i dont think your as good as the avenue or plenty of other teams! but we ll see at end of season how much bottle ye really have! ye wont get a handy 3 points off newmarket anyways!

abbeyvale
31/01/2006, 11:35 AM
Ah come on now!!!! Take off the "Star Rover's Tinted Glasses" and look at the facts...

1. Star 3-1 down with 7 minutes to go.
2. Star needed an injury time equaliser to go to et.
3. Star never lead in the entire game.
4. Star only scored once in the shootout.

Unlucky alright by the sounds of things:D :D :D

While your looking at the facts I may as well point out to you that Avenue had only 4 shots on target all game as apposed to our 12 or more, we also had at least 70% of the posession in the game.

Dont get me wrong I am not making little of Avenue, I'm just clearly stating that if a first division side can dominate against them then they wont have much chance if they come up against good premier opposition elsewhere.

HuRya
31/01/2006, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale]While your looking at the facts I may as well point out to you that Avenue had only 4 shots on target all game as apposed to our 12 or more, we also had at least 70% of the posession in the game.
QUOTE]

was that Opta stats:rolleyes:

First
31/01/2006, 1:38 PM
While your looking at the facts I may as well point out to you that Avenue had only 4 shots on target all game as apposed to our 12 or more, we also had at least 70% of the posession in the game.

Dont get me wrong I am not making little of Avenue, I'm just clearly stating that if a first division side can dominate against them then they wont have much chance if they come up against good premier opposition elsewhere.

70% of the posession and ye still lost, as Tommy has already said go back to 1a and have a think about it. :)

First
31/01/2006, 1:39 PM

Pretender leave Boss alone I have never seen a Newmarket team so up for a game in along time.
Boss keep up the good work

townie
31/01/2006, 3:49 PM
the very sad thing about the boss is that i actually really think it is some obviously very stupid player for lifford! he only comes on gloating when they are doing well but disapears after he makes a fool of himself and the club he represents! i think it is funny all the same as i can see newmarket kicking lumps out of them on the pitch for what he is saying! i hope he has a good pair of shin guards anyways!
as for abbeyvale, the match sunday was not dominated by ye one bit! we were always in control of it and gave ye some very soft goals! we played terrible at the back and made some bad switches. im sorry but would not say that ye dominated for more than 10 mins! ye were a sound bunch though penalties is no decider! we were lucky in the end but i do hope ye do well in yer division!

plasticpitch
31/01/2006, 9:52 PM
roll on sunday is right
im sure the best team will win
we are definitely up for it
so lets see who is still talking the talk next monday.....
FYI ... the boss is not a lifford club member and does not represent lifford. i have been asked to post this message by john O'Neill lifford club secretary.
I have been on this thread for nearly a year and all i have heard from the boss is rubbish. i have asked him to identify himself by private message and he has not. it has also been said at the lifford dressing room before mountshannon game following last week's debacle and again no boss. I am a current lifford player and i dont hide my identity from anybody. so boss if i find out who you are .... god help ya.

plasticpitch
31/01/2006, 10:01 PM
was the boss not talking about getting one over on mountshannon last week? so wat happened ye? i dont think your as good as the avenue or plenty of other teams! but we ll see at end of season how much bottle ye really have! ye wont get a handy 3 points off newmarket anyways!
hey townie, still trying to rise the newmarket lads... well i have news for you buddy... this thread will be printed and read to the lifford players before the game next week... i can tell u now that i will be up for every game and i'm sure my team mates will find inspiration from your comments.

the 12 th man
01/02/2006, 7:01 AM
FYI ... the boss is not a lifford club member and does not represent lifford. i have been asked to post this message by john O'Neill lifford club secretary.
I have been on this thread for nearly a year and all i have heard from the boss is rubbish. i have asked him to identify himself by private message and he has not. it has also been said at the lifford dressing room before mountshannon game following last week's debacle and again no boss. I am a current lifford player and i dont hide my identity from anybody. so boss if i find out who you are .... god help ya.

Let that be the last reference to the boss,he (like the rest us) is subject to the same rules and regulations posting on this site.Its simple lads,anybody posting crap will have their posts put in rubbish and If deemed neccessary banned.

townie
01/02/2006, 12:40 PM
i was only answering back to the person that ye are trying to claim isnt part of yer club when he clearly must be! he was on boasting about roll on newmarket! just reminding him that he said the same last week! to be honest i couldnt care less wat you show lifford! you wont see us gloating anyways! but im dead right when i say ye will have it tough gettin 3 points off newmarket! nothing wrong with saying that is there! or do you think it will be easy too like your partner that wont identify himself!

plasticpitch
01/02/2006, 5:11 PM
i was only answering back to the person that ye are trying to claim isnt part of yer club when he clearly must be! he was on boasting about roll on newmarket! just reminding him that he said the same last week! to be honest i couldnt care less wat you show lifford! you wont see us gloating anyways! but im dead right when i say ye will have it tough gettin 3 points off newmarket! nothing wrong with saying that is there! or do you think it will be easy too like your partner that wont identify himself!
well tonie just in case you didn't understand the first time... the boss is not part of the lifford club and is not a lifford player.
ur obviously an avenue clubman.... please don't try to patronise me... no team gets a n easy game from newmarket, in fact they beat us on their own patch 3-0 last year. i know it going to be a hard game.... every game in the premier is hard and our club take nothing for granted.
also i don't have a partner on this thread , i give my opinion and that is all please don't try to pair me with that idiot, i enjoy this thread and the talk about the games so please don't ruin it for me

Prem Rep!
02/02/2006, 10:26 AM
m'shn v bridge celtic
First of 3 six pointers this weeekend. Mountshannon have bagged 4/6 pts in last two games where Bridge Celtic form has dipped of late. Both teams will be looking for at least 9 pts from their remaining games for survival but I predict they will share the spoils on Sunday.

newmarket v lifford
A lot of hype about this one. Newmarket will hope they can put their 'too good to go down' tag to bed and reclaim the form that put Newtown to the sword in December. Lifford deserve to be where they are at present but I just think this is more of a 'must win' game for Celtic. Newmarket to win 2-1 but Lifford still my tip for honours at end of season. Crucial that Newmarket keep their 11 players on the pitch or else Lifford have the quality to punish.

cratloe v rinnanna
Another 6 pointer. Two different styles of play meet in Lee's Road on Sunday. Field may suit Rovers more than Cratloe. 1 nil Rovers win.

newtown v bunratty
Massive derby for both teams. Bunratty have to put points on the board and I think they will have more fire in the bellies than Newtown on Sunday. Newtown are only a couple of wins from safety where as Bunratty will be adopting the same 'must win' mentality as the Newmarket boys on Sunday. Bunratty by 3 to 2.

First
02/02/2006, 10:59 AM
newtown v bunratty
Massive derby for both teams. Bunratty have to put points on the board and I think they will have more fire in the bellies than Newtown on Sunday. Newtown are only a couple of wins from safety where as Bunratty will be adopting the same 'must win' mentality as the Newmarket boys on Sunday. Bunratty by 3 to 2.[/QUOTE]

I thought derby games were played by teams from the same town or parish has somone moved the boundaries:)

First
02/02/2006, 11:00 AM
newmarket v lifford
A lot of hype about this one. Newmarket will hope they can put their 'too good to go down' tag to bed and reclaim the form that put Newtown to the sword in December. Lifford deserve to be where they are at present but I just think this is more of a 'must win' game for Celtic. Newmarket to win 2-1 but Lifford still my tip for honours at end of season. Crucial that Newmarket keep their 11 players on the pitch or else Lifford have the quality to punish.

Thanks again Boss for getting the lads up for this game. Roll on the village

Prem Rep!
02/02/2006, 11:01 AM
Ahh they are close enough and it is always played like a derby!

CousinSylDolan
02/02/2006, 11:17 AM
I thought derby games were played by teams from the same town or parish has somone moved the boundaries:)

It has and always will be a derby in our eyes anyway....

Should be a good game. Very hard to call any game in the Premier this year so I wont be making any predictions...;)

plasticpitch
02/02/2006, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=Prem Rep!]m'shn v bridge celtic
m'snn win.. they have hit form at right time and i fancy they will avenge the defeat in bridgetown
newmarket v lifford
no comment.

cratloe v rinnanna
Draw
newtown v bunratty
newtown win... fancy newtown to be the dark horses in the premier this year.

CousinSylDolan
02/02/2006, 12:49 PM
newtown v bunratty

Could be right with the addition of Davy Wall... On his day he could beat any team on his own.

Usually takes 41/42 points to win the Clare Premier... Looks more like 35/36 this year....

papa-j
02/02/2006, 1:33 PM
Could be right with the addition of Davy Wall... On his day he could beat any team on his own.

Usually takes 41/42 points to win the Clare Premier... Looks more like 35/36 this year....

Newtown have to be ranked as outsiders to do it. As it would mean taking maximum points from our last 6 games. Tall order especially with our Jeckyl & Hyde form. Good signs of improvement in recent league matchs so we'll keep pluggin away & the see how we go. No matter what happens we'll have a say where the title goes, with Lifford,Avenue & bridge utd all to play. Should be an interesting finale all round:ball:

CousinSylDolan
02/02/2006, 1:48 PM
don't get too drunk saturday night in killarney...
you have a long drive back for the game

Oh tell me about it... I'm looking for a helicopter for hire if anyone knows where to get one.

I reckon if I stay drunk until 2.30 Sunday it might be the best thing:D :D :D

townie
02/02/2006, 3:30 PM
[QUOTE=Prem Rep!]m'shn v bridge celtic
m'snn win.. they have hit form at right time and i fancy they will avenge the defeat in bridgetown
newmarket v lifford
no comment.

cratloe v rinnanna
Draw
newtown v bunratty

i reckon bridge celtic, lifford and rhineanna all to win and draw between bunratty newtown!
wonder if paddy powers would start givin odds on weekend games!
i think there could be some mysterious betting patterns developing if they did! it might become tempting to start scoring og,s for a few grand!

CousinSylDolan
02/02/2006, 4:24 PM
Big game in first division also this weekend.Shannon olympic at home to Moher.Olympic can go top with a win.Any predictions?

I fancy Olympic to win... Have not seen much of Moher in the last 2 years but Olympic are strong. On their day the will handle anyone in that division.

shelbourne1904
03/02/2006, 8:58 AM
Ahh they are close enough and it is always played like a derby!

The clubs are not from the same town but the players are!!!