PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Pauliwallnuts
25/03/2005, 7:49 AM
I see Kilrush took great pride in writing in their Hammering of the Rats B to the champion. CousinSyl must be mortified ;)

OpenGoal
25/03/2005, 8:44 AM
Well today is the Day that Mountshannon and Tulla stamp their authority on the league, both should win to pull themselves away from everyonelse in the League, with the return fixtures early next week expect Mountshannon to have 31 points and Tulla 27, leaves everyonelse chasing the playoff place in the League.

This could turn into a dogfight expect Rats B to put out a strong team against the Specials and a draw is on the cards with both teams not finishing with 11 players( This could get hot under the collar). Can anyone from Rats tell me what the problem is between these two clubs, something must have sparked this off!!!!

Corofin and Rock to play each other fancy this could end in another stalemate result, got to say this league is probably one of the most exciting for years, 8 teams fighting for the top 3 places as I would not write Kilmaley out of the equation, if they beat Kilrush then they are right in the hunt

Prediction

1st Mountshannon Celtic
2nd Tulla Utd
3rd Bridge Celtic
4th Corofin Harps
5th Shannon Olympic
6th Rock Rovers
7th Kilkishen Celtic
8th Kilmaley Utd
9th Bunratty B
10th Kilrush Rangers

I think the problem lies on the Bunratty side, I dont think anyone on the Olympic side really cares. Just another match for us really. We'll be treating it seriously alright, with a view to getting all 3 points but as for some sort of rivarly..............well I just dont see it myself. As I've said before, the only real rivarly we have is with Newtown.........

OpenGoal
25/03/2005, 9:03 AM
You must be mad mick.Those results your looking for tonight wont happen.Tulla are three points ahead of us and we have a game in hand.I dont think the are going anywhere.They still have to come to the stadio de olympico where we will beat them like we did in their back yard.

Have to agree with Handyman here, we have already beaten Corofin and Tulla quite comfortably(2-0 and 3-1 respectively) so I really cant see them finishing above us in the table. Also, Mountshannon to take 6 points from Bridge Celtic??? I wouldnt put money on it!!!!!!. Come on now Madmick, we all know you are the manager of Bunratty B so stop trying to stir things up. The contempt with which you hold Olympic is really quite hilarious, please tell us why you hate us so much, its ever so upsetting............ :D

CousinSylDolan
25/03/2005, 9:15 AM
I think the problem lies on the Bunratty side, I dont think anyone on the Olympic side really cares. Just another match for us really. We'll be treating it seriously alright, with a view to getting all 3 points but as for some sort of rivarly..............well I just dont see it myself. As I've said before, the only real rivarly we have is with Newtown.........

If its A teams ye are on about how could Oly be rivals to Newtown and Bunratty when they are not even in the same division. If its B teams ye refer to then I dont think we have met too often over the years although that may change soon enough :D

Its says a lot when Specials 1st team becomes a rival to a Bunratty B team for the last few years.

Bunratty A teams rivals would prob be Bridge or Newmarket or Avenue as they have fought for titles for the last 5/6 years. As for the B team not sure really but I suppose Oly would be as they are nearest to us.

As for Kilrush all over the Champion.... fair play to them. Its their 1st win of the season and was obviously deserved. News I got though was Bunratty started with 10 and had 2 sent off in the 1st 15 mins. Bit of work to do before Tuesday methinks.

OpenGoal
25/03/2005, 9:20 AM
If its A teams ye are on about how could Oly be rivals to Newtown and Bunratty when they are not even in the same division. If its B teams ye refer to then I dont think we have met too often over the years although that may change soon enough :D

Its says a lot when Specials 1st team becomes a rival to a Bunratty B team for the last few years.

Bunratty A teams rivals would prob be Bridge or Newmarket or Avenue as they have fought for titles for the last 5/6 years. As for the B team not sure really but I suppose Oly would be as they are nearest to us.

As for Kilrush all over the Champion.... fair play to them. Its their 1st win of the season and was obviously deserved. News I got though was Bunratty started with 10 and had 2 sent off in the 1st 15 mins. Bit of work to do before Tuesday methinks.

not to worry Dave, sure isnt this website just a forum for Mourinho-style mindgames ;)

looking forward to Tuesday night I must admit, be nice to(possibly) get one over on my old friend Barry Keane. He looked excellent in ye're midfield against our B-team in the cup. Big question is.......will Cousinsyl be taking to the filed tuesday night, and how will he cope with the pace of olympics front men?????????????? :D

CousinSylDolan
25/03/2005, 9:24 AM
not to worry Dave, sure isnt this website just a forum for Mourinho-style mindgames ;)

looking forward to Tuesday night I must admit, be nice to(possibly) get one over on my old friend Barry Keane. He looked excellent in ye're midfield against our B-team in the cup. Big question is.......will Cousinsyl be taking to the filed tuesday night, and how will he cope with the pace of olympics front men?????????????? :D

Nothing will be revealed until Tues Ladies... ;) ;) ;)

Nibzer
25/03/2005, 9:25 AM
newtown are in great form of late with a good win agaist cratloe and an even better win away to top of the table bridge utd 2-0. the rats have been up and down this season so newtown in there form could squeeze it! the league is still wide open for everyone. some good times to come in the premier! :) :)

Johney,how dare you talk about the premier....?Dont you know This is a first division thread! :p :p

MadMick
25/03/2005, 10:36 AM
You seem very confident that Mountshannon will take 6 points off Bridge Celtic and Tulla will take 6 points off Kilkishen. I'm not so sure. For me, Bridge Celtic are stronger than Mountshannon eventhough they've thrown away a few points lately. Do you really think Corofin are stronger than Olympic?? It's a very interesting prediction and one I really want to compare with the table at the end of the season.

Well Mountshannon and Tulla are putting the results together that is why I believe they will get six points a piece!
It is not wether Corofin are stronger but you have to play Mountshannon away, Bridge Celtic away, Corofin away, Bunratty home and away, Kilmaley away and the both Tulla and Kilkishen at home, to get promoted you are going to need 16 points from these 8 games, not sure you can get these! But if you do I will be the first to congratulate you but as I have previously said your Club always flatters to decieve, time will of course tell if I am to be correct or not, but History is a funny thing it is does repeat itself!

Pauliwallnuts
25/03/2005, 10:42 AM
Johney,how dare you talk about the premier....?Dont you know This is a first division thread! :p :p

Its about time some lads from other teams got on here.

Its dominated by Specials, Rats & Kilkishen lads.

Where are the Newtown, Newmarket, Bridge & Ennis lads holed up.

As for the West Clare lads the internet is probably a foreign concept at this stage. Give them another 10 years & they'll have discovered it :D

oldspice
25/03/2005, 11:48 AM
Well Mountshannon and Tulla are putting the results together that is why I believe they will get six points a piece!
It is not wether Corofin are stronger but you have to play Mountshannon away, Bridge Celtic away, Corofin away, Bunratty home and away, Kilmaley away and the both Tulla and Kilkishen at home, to get promoted you are going to need 16 points from these 8 games, not sure you can get these! But if you do I will be the first to congratulate you but as I have previously said your Club always flatters to decieve, time will of course tell if I am to be correct or not, but History is a funny thing it is does repeat itself!

Don't assume that just because I don't cut Olympic down as some contributers do that I'm an Olympic man. I merely felt, having seen most teams in the division at this stage, that Olympic are a better side.

oldspice
25/03/2005, 11:49 AM

As for the West Clare lads the internet is probably a foreign concept at this stage. Give them another 10 years & they'll have discovered it :D

Won't you be welcome in Lahinch and Kilkee this summer!!!

MadMick
25/03/2005, 11:56 AM

Talking of Newtown any update on the merger with Park and has anyone heard the new name of this combined club?

Murphman
25/03/2005, 7:10 PM
Game played This evening in the Clare 1st Division.

Bridge Celtic 2 Mountshannon 2 :ball:

plasticpitch
25/03/2005, 8:40 PM
tulla 1 kilkishen 2
i think connolly never showed up at fair green v ave A
brian donnnellan scored for limerick

MadMick
25/03/2005, 9:45 PM
tulla 1 kilkishen 2
What can I say, I was wrong fair play to Bridge Celtic and Kilkishen, this league is just impossible to call, 8 teams must still fancy their chances if they can put a run of 4 or 5 wins together, Big game for Kilkishen against Kilmaley, if they can win that one then Beat Tulla at home and they are right back in the hunt. I wonder who is the happier of Mountshannon or Bridge Celtic, should be a cracking game next week definately and I will be there to watch.
Might just take in the Shannon Derby between Bunratty and Olympic as well as we are not playing on either night!!!!

Pauliwallnuts
25/03/2005, 11:01 PM
tulla 1 kilkishen 2

Brian had a great game & took his goal well at the back post from a cross.

Was at the game tonight & it was really enjoyable & well worth the tenner admission. Great crowd there tonight as well.

For anyone even remotely interested I'd advise you to go along & support Limerick. Its a good show.

Great result for Kilkishen beatng Tulla.They'll be sickened.

A good evening all round !! :)

plasticpitch
26/03/2005, 9:35 AM
Yeah agreed i'm a cork city supporter but i hope limerick do well in the league...hope brian knocks in a few more to get his form going. :ball: maybe we'll c a couple more clare players in league of ireland.... maybe nabs will get his chance.... he would be well able for PREMIER LOI!!

johnnyosullivan
26/03/2005, 2:09 PM
Talking of Newtown any update on the merger with Park and has anyone heard the new name of this combined club?
well as a newtown man myself, there hasn't been much talk about it so it's a mystery at the moment. i'd say if anythings gonna happen they'll wait til both teams' domestic seasons have finished to sort things out. thats if anything happens at all!

Nibzer
26/03/2005, 3:54 PM
Might just take in the Shannon Derby between Bunratty and Olympic as well as we are not playing on either night!!!!
Shannon derby?? Bunratty and olympic....????
Wanna brush up on your geography mate!! :cool:

MadMick
27/03/2005, 7:46 AM
well as a newtown man myself, there hasn't been much talk about it so it's a mystery at the moment. i'd say if anythings gonna happen they'll wait til both teams' domestic seasons have finished to sort things out. thats if anything happens at all!
Well I have herd this is a long way down the line and both clubs have drawn up a list of Club rules, picked a name and are working on the finance side, So I think this will go ahead, not sure how the Clare League are going to respond to this, if it does happen this could make the 1st Division a benificiary of the Premier, if Newtown finish outside the bottom 3 what will the league do, top 3 automatically promoted or top 3 plus a playoff place!
Well if it does go ahead I wonder what the players will make of it? Do they join Park, give up Soccer or join another team in the region?

MadMick
27/03/2005, 7:48 AM
Shannon derby?? Bunratty and olympic....????
Wanna brush up on your geography mate!! :cool:

Well considering all the bad blood on this site alone the players think it is a Derby!!!!!

Pauliwallnuts
28/03/2005, 12:22 PM
(Good Friday results)

Moloney hardware premier division
Rinnanna Rovers 1 Cratloe C 0
Newtown 1 Bunratty 1
Avenue Utd 1 Connolly C 1

Division one
Bridge C 1 Mountshannon C 1
Tulla Utd 1 Kilkishen 2

Division three
Newtown B 1 Shannon Oly B 1
Rhine Rov 0 Manus C 3
Newmarket Celtic B 2 Rinnanna Rovers B 0

Kilkishen also beat Kilmaley 1-0 yesterday which puts them right back in it in the 1st division.

striker
28/03/2005, 6:14 PM
Yeah agreed i'm a cork city supporter but i hope limerick do well in the league...hope brian knocks in a few more to get his form going. :ball: maybe we'll c a couple more clare players in league of ireland.... maybe nabs will get his chance.... he would be well able for PREMIER LOI!!

maybe nabs will get his chance.... he would be well able for PREMIER LOI!!

you must be joking.

oldspice
29/03/2005, 8:15 AM
Well I have herd this is a long way down the line and both clubs have drawn up a list of Club rules, picked a name and are working on the finance side, So I think this will go ahead, not sure how the Clare League are going to respond to this, if it does happen this could make the 1st Division a benificiary of the Premier, if Newtown finish outside the bottom 3 what will the league do, top 3 automatically promoted or top 3 plus a playoff place!
Well if it does go ahead I wonder what the players will make of it? Do they join Park, give up Soccer or join another team in the region?

Do I take it you think the new name will be Park then. Or are you just referring to what will then be ex-Newtown players??

Pauliwallnuts
29/03/2005, 10:29 AM
Results

Premier division

Bunratty 1 Lifford 3

First division

Kilmaley United 0 Kilkishen Celtic 1.

Second division

Hermitage 1 Cooraclare Celtic 0.

Third division

Bridge Celtic B 1 Shannon Olympic B 0.
Manus Celtic 9 Tulla United B 1.
Kilkee 2 Kilkishen Celtic B 0.
Ennistymon Town 3 Rinnanna Rovers 2.
St. Pat's B 1 Newtown B 10.

Clare Cup third Round
Avenue United A 0 Bridge Celtic 0.
(Avenue win 8-7 on pen).
Rock Rovers 2 Newtown A 3.
Bridge United B 0 Shannon Olympic 1.
Corofin Harps 5 Tulla Utd. 3.
Bridge Utd A 2 Newmarket C B 0.
Bunratty B 2 Avenue Utd 5.
Mountshannon C 1 Moher C 3.
Newmarket C 2 Rinnanna R 1.

Some amazing results this weekend. No wonder the Olympic boys are gone so quiet. The B team beaten by the bottom club in the 3rd division.

Massive wins for Newtown & Manus in the 3rd division.

CousinSylDolan
29/03/2005, 10:38 AM
Cup went pretty much as expected except for that Specials A Bridge Utd B result.

So come on lads what happened ?? Is this the beginning of the end of your season ??[/QUOTE]

You got that result wrong there Paul.... Olympic beat Bridge B 1-0 and now play Avenue B in the quarter final.

I think there has been a ban put on foot.ie involvment today by the Oly managment ahead of tonights game with Rats B....

Pauliwallnuts
29/03/2005, 10:53 AM
You got that result wrong there Paul.... Olympic beat Bridge B 1-0 and now play Avenue B in the quarter final.

I think there has been a ban put on foot.ie involvment today by the Oly managment ahead of tonights game with Rats B....

Sorry about that lads I should never have doubted ye :o :o :o

Pauliwallnuts
29/03/2005, 11:01 AM
Wrong dj and il tell u the plan.A comfortable win tonight and i predict bridge celtic to beat mountshannon also.That will leave us in second 4 points behind mountshannon with 4 games in hand.We will then go to mountshannon on sunday and beat them and the league will be over by next wednesday when we beat bridge celtic away.thanks for your time. :cool:

Cocky ain't ya. You should get more than you bargained for tonight.
Bridge Celtic will beat ye as well. ;)

gaffer
29/03/2005, 11:07 AM
Olympic B beat by team bottom of the division, that can't be good for
team suppose to going for promotion.

Pauliwallnuts
29/03/2005, 11:17 AM
Their chance looks to be gone no. They've more games played than any of the teams around them & just haven't gotton the points on the board in the last few weeks.

Bridge Celtic B seemed to have improved beyond all measure.

All of a sudden they've beaten Manus & Olympic B & only lost 1-0 to Kilkee in the last few games. This from a team that was being hammered every week.

Must have signed some new players !!

leftie
29/03/2005, 11:51 AM
Their chance looks to be gone no. They've more games played than any of the teams around them & just haven't gotton the points on the board in the last few weeks.

Bridge Celtic B seemed to have improved beyond all measure.

All of a sudden they've beaten Manus & Olympic B & only lost 1-0 to Kilkee in the last few games. This from a team that was being hammered every week.

Must have signed some new players !!

I believe they did. Credit to them they deserved the win. There's no excuses for our performances of late. We can blame unkind referees alll we want but they don't like us for a reason. Our problem was really complacency. It was getting very easy for us and as a result most of the team stopped training and look at us now. Even if we do pull it together it may be too late to get our form back.

I have heard a rumour of late though that because some teams have pulled out of the second division that 3 will automatically go up this year. Does anyone know if this is true?

oldspice
29/03/2005, 1:28 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I drew up an alternative table for the 1st division based on the number of points each team had out of the maximum available for their games played. This is it updated. I have also added in one other column which gives the maximum no. of points achievable for each team. It looks interesting and the only mathematical gurantees so far are that Kilrush can't finish in the top two and Mountshannon or Tulla can't finish bottom.

TEAM------------PLAYED------POINTS--------PERCENTAGE--MAX AVAILABLE
Mountshannon------14-----------26-----------------62-----------38
Olympic------------10-----------18-----------------60-----------42
Tulla---------------12-----------21-----------------58-----------39
Corofin-------------12-----------19-----------------53-----------37
Bridge--------------10-----------15-----------------50-----------39
Rock---------------14-----------20-----------------48-----------32
Kilkishen------------10----------14------------------47-----------38
Kilmaley------------11-----------12-----------------36-----------33
Bunratty-----------11------------8------------------24-----------29
Kilrush--------------14-----------8------------------19-----------20

hawkeye
29/03/2005, 8:05 PM
Bridge Celtic Have beaten Mountshannon 4-1 this evening in Scariff. :ball:

BallBreaker
29/03/2005, 8:33 PM
Results tonight 29-03-05
Avenue 3 Newmarket1

Cratloe 5 Newtown 5 played at Ballycasey

The league looks to be between Avenue,Lifford and Bridge United,couldnt believe the earlier threads where lads were tipping Newmarket.

Connolly have pulled out of the PREMIER league,what a joke they should never be allowed enter a team again. :ball: :ball: :ball:

hawkeye
29/03/2005, 8:54 PM
Does that mean top 3 teams of Div1 will go straight up?

BallBreaker
29/03/2005, 9:06 PM

who are you hoping they will join?? the whole idea of this is to improve the standard of soccer in Shannon,Park Rangers and Newtown have got together and mapped out the process,next comes the hard bit which will actually be the joining of the 2 clubs. There will be lads unhappy on both sides the better players will join Shannon Town the others will prob join the specials where you dont or didnt have to train. :D All of this still may not happen but the Clare league is a disaster,as in the previous thread Connolly dropping out of the premier, Any team with a bit of ambition can not possibly stay in a Mickey Mouse league like Clare.It's mainly a league to keep GAA players fit in the close season,The teams i feel sorry for are the likes of Newmarket,Bridge United,Newtown,these are the only true footballing clubs in Clare,next are Bunratty and Olympic,Bunratty got a field given to them,developed it and have done nothing with it since. Olympic have a decent pitch but not sure will there be any further development,the teams that can go and jump are the Ennis teams,i dont know 1 which has it's own pitch,Avenue are the best example,prob the top club in Clare for 20 years,what do they have nothing,relying on their name to pull in players,they have no facilities whatsoever.getting tired,i know i have left out loads,i am sure i will be reminded, :cool: ;)

BallBreaker
29/03/2005, 9:10 PM
Does that mean top 3 teams of Div1 will go straight up?

don't know,the league are liable to do anything.............i would imagine that one more team will be relegated with connolly and the 3rd from bottom in the premier will play the 3rd from top in the 1st.

Pauliwallnuts
29/03/2005, 10:25 PM
Tis a joke allright when a premier team drops out of the league.

Tis going from bad to worse !!

And just to add to that both Tullycrine Celtic & Cratloe B have dropped out of division 2.

Complete joke !!!

Pauliwallnuts
29/03/2005, 10:34 PM
THE DREAM IS OVER: The Tullycrine Celtic rollercoaster has finally been halted. Crippling debts and a failed takeover by the Eugene Matthews led consortium led to the Board of Tullycrine Celtic taking the unprecedented step of selling the club’s most prized asset. The ball was sold to an un-named club for a nominal fee. This has resulted in the club being disbanded and this marks the end of one of soccer’s greatest club. For the club, once described by Sepp Blatter as an example to all, it is a sorry occasion.

4-4-2
30/03/2005, 7:01 AM
Bridge Celtic Have beaten Mountshannon 4-1 this evening in Scariff. :ball:

Olympic 5 Rats B 3
Played on a very poor pitch, both teams had very strong teams out but to be fair Olympic could have had more than 5 and the 3 goals Bunratty got have to go down to poor goalkeeping but everyone is entitled to an off night and fair play to the outfield players they done what they needed to do , Olympic captain taking the game to the rats with a fine headed goal in the first few minutes followed by great performances from the forwards and midfield, back 4 were as good as they have been all season and as i said a rare off night for the goekeeper but sure we have all had them, Just like to say that with all the crap said over the last few weeks that the Bunratty lads took the defeat well and have some fine young players coming up the ranks and they wont take long getting into the A team which can only be a good thing for their club...Looks like last nights result in the other g ame has opened thing's up again :)

CousinSylDolan
30/03/2005, 8:24 AM
Premier.
Avenue 5 1 Newmarket
Cratloe 5 5 Newtown

1st
Oly 5 3 Rats B
Mntshn 1 4 Bridge Cel

Have to agree to agree with 4-4-2's assesment of the game. Pitch was very heavy but a good tough but fair game was played. Rats were dissapointed afterwards as 4/5 players did not perform and defensive mistakes cost a number of goals but a few of the youth players on the field were decent. When it went 4-3 with 10 mins left it looked game on but another mistake cost Bunratty again.

However credit to Olympic they were hungry for it and fully deserved the 3 points. Seemed to have a very strong 6 down the middle and Donnacha Kelly, Jimmy Jazz and Joey were excellent all night.

FYI Ballbreaker Bunratty have begun work on an Asto Turf facility so how can you say "Bunratty got a field given to them,developed it and have done nothing with it since" Showers have also been added to the dressing rooms so not 100% sure where you are coming from there...

4-4-2
30/03/2005, 8:40 AM
Premier.
Avenue 5 1 Newmarket
Cratloe 5 5 Newtown

1st
Oly 5 3 Rats B
Mntshn 1 4 Bridge Cel

Have to agree to agree with 4-4-2's assesment of the game. Pitch was very heavy but a good tough but fair game was played. Rats were dissapointed afterwards as 4/5 players did not perform and defensive mistakes cost a number of goals but a few of the youth players on the field were decent. When it went 4-3 with 10 mins left it looked game on but another mistake cost Bunratty again.

However credit to Olympic they were hungry for it and fully deserved the 3 points. Seemed to have a very strong 6 down the middle and Donnacha Kelly, Jimmy Jazz and Joey were excellent all night.

FYI Ballbreaker Bunratty have begun work on an Asto Turf facility so how can you say "Bunratty got a field given to them,developed it and have done nothing with it since" Showers have also been added to the dressing rooms so not 100% sure where you are coming from there...

Fair play Sly at the end of the day it is only a game, a game we all love to play and it was good to have a joke and a smile after it was over,would have to agree with you on development of the ground its not just the pitch that makes a club and i think you have done a fine job on the club house and from what i have been told the new astro turf pitch will be a great asset to your club....if you have any spare cuts left over pass it our way so we can make a nice little garden for our tenants at the Stadio Olympico ;)

4-4-2
30/03/2005, 9:01 AM
Who the hell is SLY.Sorry Handyman ment cousinsyldolan... by the way good game last night

CousinSylDolan
30/03/2005, 9:09 AM
if you have any spare cuts left over pass it our way so we can make a nice little garden for our tenants at the Stadio Olympico ;)

I must say I'm very impressed with the arrangement ye have there at the Stadio Olympico.... Its the 1st time I've been at a soccer match and watched Coronation Street at the same time. We will have to look at introducing the same facilities out at Woulfe Park.... :D

oldspice
30/03/2005, 9:29 AM
Wrong dj and il tell u the plan.A comfortable win tonight and i predict bridge celtic to beat mountshannon also.That will leave us in second 4 points behind mountshannon with 4 games in hand.We will then go to mountshannon on sunday and beat them and the league will be over by next wednesday when we beat bridge celtic away.thanks for your time. :cool:
Ye all heard it from me yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Leave that quote right there Handyman. I've a feeling it could make interesting reading in the future !!!! Talking of the league being over whn there's seven games to play ????

4-4-2
30/03/2005, 9:39 AM
Cheers it was a good game-bunratty fought hard and never gave up.At 3 nil i thought that was it but fair play to bunratty to come straight back and score.And we all thought we wouldnt be hearing from 4-4-2 for a while! :cool:

Cant keep a good man down i felt you were slipping last night at 3-0 so i had to put a bit of life back in the game :) normal services will resume Sunday

oldspice
30/03/2005, 11:18 AM
Leave that quote right there Handyman. I've a feeling it could make interesting reading in the future !!!! Talking of the league being over whn there's seven games to play ????
Only having a laugh :cool:[/QUOTE]

Likewise. Ye are putting a pretty good run together though. Looks like ye might have gotten over the dreaded sticky patch early in the season. Bridge Celtic, Mountshannon and Tulla all seem to be dropping silly points at the moment while Kilkishen went through a 6 game run they'd rather forget about. A couple of tough games coming up in the next week mind you. The league table should be able to give a better indication of things by the end of next week.

oldspice
30/03/2005, 11:39 AM
Id be very happy to get 4 points from the next 2 games.These games will tell a lot.Id fancy ye to beat tulla again tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've learned to take nothing for granted. Tulla will be up for it after last Friday and we will be missing a few players due to a local funeral. We tried to get the match changed but couldn't so we'll have to go with what we have.

4-4-2
30/03/2005, 11:51 AM
Id be very happy to get 4 points from the next 2 games.These games will tell a lot.Id fancy ye to beat tulla again tonight.

I've learned to take nothing for granted. Tulla will be up for it after last Friday and we will be missing a few players due to a local funeral. We tried to get the match changed but couldn't so we'll have to go with what we have.[/QUOTE]

That's bad form from the Clare league, you should have told them there was a hurling match and you would have got it off,
good run at the moment from kilkishen i know a few lads playing out that way and it would be great to see you go up after the start you had to this season..not at our expence of course ;)

oldspice
30/03/2005, 12:40 PM
That's bad form from the Clare league, you should have told them there was a hurling match and you would have got it off,
good run at the moment from kilkishen i know a few lads playing out that way and it would be great to see you go up after the start you had to this season..not at our expence of course ;)[/QUOTE]

In fairness to the league, they offered us the option of deferring the game to tomorrow night. Unfortunately, that didn't suit Tulla as they had a few guys who got off work to play tonight and would find it impossible to change that to tomorrow at such short notice. Just one of those things I guess but it gives a chance to some players who might not have got a game tonight otherwise. That's the reason we have 16 or 17 in a squad and not 12 or 13 I suppose.