Saturday

Cobh Ramblers v Cabinteely FC

Sunday

UCDAFC v Finn Harps 7pm

----------------------------------------------------

Feel free to correct any mistakes.

PartySaint
24/07/2015, 8:35 AM
Pats going for our 6th league win on the bounce. Really need to get it to keep pressure on Cork and Rovers to win their games in hand in the race for Europe.

El-Pietro
24/07/2015, 8:58 AM
Pats going for our 6th league win on the bounce. Really need to get it to keep pressure on Cork and Rovers to win their games in hand in the race for Europe.

Our only game in hand from Europe is against Pats.We had a game against Drogheda moved as well but we played that early and won it.

D24Saint
24/07/2015, 8:59 AM
Looking for to the game in the showgrounds always a decent ground for a match, fancy our chances tonight & have never thought that in years heading down there. We are on a decent run in the league so I'll go 2-0 Saints.

PartySaint
24/07/2015, 9:01 AM
Our only game in hand from Europe is against Pats.We had a game against Drogheda moved as well but we played that early and won it.

I was more talking about your game on Sunday, a win tonight for us would put a bit of pressure on you going up to Oriel

El-Pietro
24/07/2015, 9:47 AM
I was more talking about your game on Sunday, a win tonight for us would put a bit of pressure on you going up to Oriel
Oh right, wasn't considering that a game in hand to be honest but I see where you are coming from.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
24/07/2015, 12:07 PM
Looking for to the game in the showgrounds always a decent ground for a match, fancy our chances tonight & have never thought that in years heading down there. We are on a decent run in the league so I'll go 2-0 Saints.

Be very surprised if we get anything tonight. Ye've torn us to pieces the last couple of times we've played.

mcgonigle
24/07/2015, 12:18 PM
Going to be an interesting one up in Oriel on Sunday, how will we react to Wednesday's defeat? Will there be tired legs? We have always reacted positively in the past. One thing is for sure we will be looking to win.

As for Cork, who knows? It looks like Caulfield let the shackles off against Longford last week, will he be brave enough to do it in Oriel or will they revert back to keeping it tight and try and nick it? Good chance for Cork to close the gap if they are brave enough but maybe the thought of that gap increasing to 9 points will see a return to the negative style.

Either way I can't wait.

Olander
24/07/2015, 12:22 PM
Going to be an interesting one up in Oriel on Sunday, how will we react to Wednesday's defeat? Will there be tired legs? We have always reacted positively in the past. One thing is for sure we will be looking to win.

As for Cork, who knows? It looks like Caulfield let the shackles off against Longford last week, will he be brave enough to do it in Oriel or will they revert back to keeping it tight and try and nick it? Good chance for Cork to close the gap if they are brave enough but maybe the thought of that gap increasing to 9 points will see a return to the negative style.

Either way I can't wait.
Is the game on TV by any chance?

mcgonigle
24/07/2015, 12:37 PM
No afraid not

PartySaint
24/07/2015, 12:38 PM
Is the game on TV by any chance?

Sligo vs Pats is on Setanta tonight

seand
24/07/2015, 2:49 PM
Are the Dennehys back in the Cork squad, or has Caulfield burned that bridge?

nigel-harps1954
24/07/2015, 2:52 PM
Looking forward to the game in Belfield on Sunday. Hope Harps can catch UCD on the hop and the tired legs of the students will prove the difference. On any normal day, I think UCD would beat us handy with the way we're playing at the minute, but given their tough game on Thursday, we've every chance of coming out of Dublin with a win.

Safe bet on a 1-1 draw though I'd say, we're missing a few players far as I know too due to a wedding.

El-Pietro
24/07/2015, 2:52 PM
Are the Dennehys back in the Cork squad, or has Caulfield burned that bridge?
Darren is "50/50" after his "injury. Billy is apparently moving on still.

pineapple stu
24/07/2015, 3:04 PM
Looking forward to the game in Belfield on Sunday. Hope Harps can catch UCD on the hop and the tired legs of the students will prove the difference. On any normal day, I think UCD would beat us handy with the way we're playing at the minute, but given their tough game on Thursday, we've every chance of coming out of Dublin with a win.
Yeah, it's a tough one to call alright.

The flip side is that our last five games have been Dudelange x 2, Slovan, Liverpool and Slovan again - and now we're playing Harps, who obviously aren't as good as any of those sides (with all due respect!)

So if we can play as well as in the past five games, we may find that we're a level above where we were in terms of intensity, concentration, etc.

Course, we spent a lot of Europe defending, not attacking, so...

nigel-harps1954
24/07/2015, 3:15 PM
The flip side is that our last five games have been Dudelange x 2, Slovan, Liverpool and Slovan again - and now we're playing Harps, who obviously aren't as good as any of those sides (with all due respect!)

I'm hoping that's where complacency will kick in.

Dunny
24/07/2015, 6:54 PM
Bray miss pen in Galway.
Anyone got a stream link for the Bohs match?Not at home atm.

nigel-harps1954
24/07/2015, 7:02 PM
http://nowwatchtvlive.me/setanta-ireland-live-stream-watch-setanta-sports-channel-online/

Stream for Sligo v Pats

paykanti
24/07/2015, 7:06 PM
Well if this isn't Hutton's last match in charge then lol.

pineapple stu
24/07/2015, 7:06 PM
Bohs 3-0 Derry after 15 minutes!

pineapple stu
24/07/2015, 7:07 PM
And Athlone 2-0 up on Wexford and down to ten men already.

Dunny
24/07/2015, 7:11 PM
Holy good night!! Derry fans will be.........

pineapple stu
24/07/2015, 7:13 PM
Waterford 1-0 Shels

Happy days.

Though it feels strange looking out for Shels/Wexford scores instead of Krasnodar/Slovan ones

pineapple stu
24/07/2015, 7:14 PM
4-0 Bohs.

Brazil! It's just like watching Brazil!

Yossarian
24/07/2015, 7:18 PM
Surely has to be the end for Hutton now.

brendy_éire
24/07/2015, 7:54 PM
Well, pretty horrific stuff from us in the first half. Defending doesn't seem to be a concept when can grasp.
Here's hoping we get Wexford in the play-off, Harps would beat us.

On another note, we have been consigned to the Des Kelly for this match, and denied access to hot food, in breach of licensing regulations.
Pretty poor form from Bohs.

paykanti
24/07/2015, 8:09 PM
They've made it up with this though...

Bohs announcer has just asked the ground does anyone have a Samsung phone charger he could borrow for 20 minutes #GreatestLeagueintheworld

Dunny
24/07/2015, 8:20 PM
Rob Hennessy gone mad with the red cards in Waterford,3 Waterford players sent off and now Shels pull it back to 1-1.

EDIT 2-1 to Shels now

MeathDrog
24/07/2015, 8:24 PM
How on earth did Cretaro not get a yellow there.

TonyD
24/07/2015, 8:33 PM
Pats could be 5 up here. Certainly should have more than 1.

Edit - lovely finish from Jamie McGrath :cool:

paykanti
24/07/2015, 8:42 PM
Bray in the top-half ;)

ATFC-1887
24/07/2015, 9:23 PM
Mental stuff in Athlone. Never a red card. Ref was a disgrace. Worst i have witnessed. But we dominated the game and it was a well deserved win. If only we done it more consistently.
Seemed to be fights with both teams coaches and players down the tunnel after. Was a very heated game.

gufc2000
24/07/2015, 9:29 PM
Mental stuff in Athlone. Never a red card. Ref was a disgrace. Worst i have witnessed. But we dominated the game and it was a well deserved win. If only we done it more consistently.
Seemed to be fights with both teams coaches and players down the tunnel after. Was a very heated game.
The ref in Eamon Deacy Park would give him a pretty good run for his money. Some awful decisions. In saying that we we didn't play well, and Bray often looked the more likely to score. Ryan Connolly went off injured in first half and we lacked a real creative spark from then on.

DRDoc
24/07/2015, 10:16 PM

Who was the ref atfc?

outspoken
24/07/2015, 10:20 PM

Enjoyable game but incredibly poor standard of football, Wexford were absolutely awful, probably the worse performance I've seen from any side in years. Philly Gorman ran the show for Athlone and Purdy scored a great goal but it was a clear red card, happened right in front of me, there was no intent he was going for the ball but he caught the youths man well above the knee with his studs and he went off injured as a result, red card all day not that it made any difference the rest of the game was like athlone had the extra man, youths were awful. Possible collapse from them on the way with athlone making a charge for the play offs, that's my prediction for remainder of first division season.

atfconline
24/07/2015, 10:42 PM
Who was the ref atfc?

Michael Connolly. He was giving just a free, then lino under pressure from the Wexford bench waved his flag and the red came out.

outspoken
24/07/2015, 11:02 PM
Michael Connolly. He was giving just a free, then lino under pressure from the Wexford bench waved his flag and the red came out.

Name doesn't sound familiar which is strange must be a new enough red to the league, like I said above it was a definite red card and the two linos were excellent in their offside decisions tonight disallowing a goal for each side. Bar some comically soft and strange free kicks the officials were excellent......Well, excellent in a LOI sense 🙈

WoodquayBoy
24/07/2015, 11:16 PM
No way can we blame the ref (and not saying anyone is). He had a very poor game, but compared to us, he had a blinder. Shocking performance and playing 1 man up front, at home, against the team in 9th? Manager has questions to answer

PartySaint
25/07/2015, 12:47 AM
and denied access to hot food, in breach of licensing regulations.
Pretty poor form from Bohs.

Pats fans blocked off from going to any of the shops in the Showgrounds tonight at half time. Pretty poor stuff from Sligo

Charlie Darwin
25/07/2015, 12:56 AM
Pats fans blocked off from going to any of the shops in the Showgrounds tonight at half time. Pretty poor stuff from Sligo
So no minerals or crisps for you either?

DRDoc
25/07/2015, 1:11 AM
Name doesn't sound familiar which is strange must be a new enough red to the league, like I said above it was a definite red card and the two linos were excellent in their offside decisions tonight disallowing a goal for each side. Bar some comically soft and strange free kicks the officials were excellent......Well, excellent in a LOI sense ��

He has been in charge just three or four times in LOI before

Charlie Darwin
25/07/2015, 1:30 AM
Is he related to Ben or Tomás?

TheBoss
25/07/2015, 3:27 AM
Well, he appears to be from the 'North' but now lives in Letterkenny according to this piece: http://ulsterherald.com/2015/03/03/connolly-promoted-onto-fai-elite-list/

sulywaterfordfc
25/07/2015, 4:27 AM
Never a dull moment to say the least..................

Sam_Heggy
25/07/2015, 12:42 PM
Greatest League In the World

I don't think we can argue too much about the standard of football in general but you'll rarely leave a LOI match without a bucket load of talking points. Never a dull moment. How could you not love this league?

atfconline
25/07/2015, 2:00 PM
He has been in charge just three or four times in LOI before

Does he only do our games? Last night was the 4th time we've had him.

nigel-harps1954
25/07/2015, 3:33 PM
Connolly used to be an IFA ref. From Strabane, he's also a GAA ref. Usually fourth official at Finn Park and by accounts of folk up here he's as bad a referee you'll ever see.

PartySaint
25/07/2015, 5:59 PM
So no minerals or crisps for you either?

Nothing*

Sligo are fairly awful, no creativity at all. They still have good players, obviously just something not right at the moment down there

*well I got a cup of coffee because I snuck through the gate when the steward wasn't looking, like some sort of Ninja

SeanDMRooney
25/07/2015, 6:13 PM
Nothing*

Sligo are fairly awful, no creativity at all. They still have good players, obviously just something not right at the moment down there

*well I got a cup of coffee because I snuck through the gate when the steward wasn't looking, like some sort of Ninja

*up there

ATFC-1887
25/07/2015, 6:50 PM
Connolly used to be an IFA ref. From Strabane, he's also a GAA ref. Usually fourth official at Finn Park and by accounts of folk up here he's as bad a referee you'll ever see.
Was told last night that he is not allowed ref up there anymore. Wasnt told why.