PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final. Derry City vs St Patrick's Athletic

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Nah Nah Nah Nah
05/11/2012, 8:26 PM
Definitely Landsowne. Wouldn't have been the same sense of occasion yesterday if it was in Tallaght. Players deserve to play in the national stadium on the Leagues big day too.

Absolutely gutted after yesterday, as you can imagine. Really thought when we snatched the last gasp equaliser that it was going to be our day (finally). Thought we played some good stuff, but our failing this year has not been turning dominance of possession into victories. Came back to haunt us again. Couldn't stay to watch the celebration,just too horrible. That's four losing cup finals I've supported Pats at. It's starting to get very boring now. Yet each time, we think it'll be different. I think it was Basil Fawlty who once said "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair, it's the hope i can't stand." :excruciating:

Cleese in Clockwise....

Straightstory
05/11/2012, 9:16 PM
Aviva clearly the best option, no question. From being at the game yesterday, seemed 50/50 Derry and Pats fans. But 16,000 attendance way down on previous two finals.

SkStu
06/11/2012, 12:23 AM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/9058_453187644723003_1397081723_n.jpg

Great scenes in the stands too

That photo is epic!

dancinpants
06/11/2012, 4:59 AM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/9058_453187644723003_1397081723_n.jpg

Great scenes in the stands too

City fans or Pat's fans? Or stock image? :)

Candystripe
06/11/2012, 4:59 AM
Aviva has to be the home for the final!

Even if we're not in it next year I'll still go. Just sorry I didn't go to the past two years.

Oh and if we are put ur money on 3-3 lol

Thats 16 goals in our last 3 cup finals not including the pen shootout V Bohs in the Buttimer final.

bullit
06/11/2012, 6:00 AM
T'was up at it with a Derry City hint of a red scarf on.Felt gooood!!
Well done Derry.
Never take it out it of Landowne,that hole that is talla is as sterile as our Mary !

Sean South
06/11/2012, 6:04 AM
City fans or Pat's fans? Or stock image? :)
St Pats

Cuyahoga
06/11/2012, 4:04 PM
Press release from St. Pats re alleged abuse of players.http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/9208/st-pats-disgusted-at-social-media-comments/

horton
06/11/2012, 6:54 PM
Am I interpreting that right, it's abuse from Pats fans rather than us?

Candystripe
06/11/2012, 7:21 PM
Horton, it's a tweet from a brainless 16yr old Pats lad using a very abusive rant and threats against a Pats player. Nothing to do with Derry.

Jofspring
06/11/2012, 7:46 PM
There were Pats and Derry fans in both east and west stands

Fair enough, was just going by the view I had.

Jofspring
06/11/2012, 7:48 PM
Horton, it's a tweet from a brainless 16yr old Pats lad using a very abusive rant and threats against a Pats player. Nothing to do with Derry.

Seems like a big deal made out of something small. I thought a number of people had abused players.

TonyD
06/11/2012, 8:04 PM

Definitely nothing to do with Derry. I've only seen one Twitter comment (which someone posted on the Pats forum). The club statement makes it seem like there was more. Vile remark made wishing death on Brendan Clarke. Some stupid 16/17 year old seemingly. Fair enough, everyone is sick, but that's totally uncalled for. Gives a very bad impression of Pats fans when the Media report something like this. Seems to be an isolated incident from what I can see though.

TonyD
06/11/2012, 8:06 PM
Cleese in Clockwise....

Ah, I knew it was his voice in my head I could hear saying it. Very very apt at the moment I can tell you. When it got to 2-2 I was foolish enough to believe that this time it would be different.

Cuyahoga
06/11/2012, 8:31 PM
I heard some Pats fans went to the 51 bar in Haddington Road before the game hoping it would be an omen, they could try it again next year at Bar 52.
http://naurithegreat.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/bar-52.jpg

Charlie Darwin
06/11/2012, 9:10 PM
Definitely nothing to do with Derry. I've only seen one Twitter comment (which someone posted on the Pats forum). The club statement makes it seem like there was more. Vile remark made wishing death on Brendan Clarke. Some stupid 16/17 year old seemingly. Fair enough, everyone is sick, but that's totally uncalled for. Gives a very bad impression of Pats fans when the Media report something like this. Seems to be an isolated incident from what I can see though.
The media didn't report on it until the club released a statement, no?

jinxy lilywhite
06/11/2012, 9:19 PM
St. Patricks Athlethic- The Mayo of the League of Ireland

horton
07/11/2012, 7:14 AM
Will the clubs be fined for the flares? if it's a fine per flare Pats are screwed.

Dodge
07/11/2012, 9:12 AM
The media didn't report on it until the club released a statement, no?

A couple of the online news types picked up on it before the statement.

It'll be forgotten in a week

redobit
07/11/2012, 9:28 AM
Will the clubs be fined for the flares? if it's a fine per flare Pats are screwed.

Us and shams were fined 1500 each after the last game in the Showgrounds!!!

Dalymountrower
07/11/2012, 9:40 AM
St. Patricks Athlethic- The Mayo of the League of Ireland
Croak Patricks

shantykelly
07/11/2012, 11:34 AM
Croak Patricks

Choke Patricks? :p

Dalymountrower
07/11/2012, 11:52 AM
Choke Patricks? :p
You really have a mountain to climb.

wonder88
07/11/2012, 2:14 PM
A lot of flares were let off alright. I saw some guards move in on the Derry crowd behind the small stand goal, was there any arrests ?

SkStu
07/11/2012, 5:55 PM
I heard some Pats fans went to the 51 bar in Haddington Road before the game hoping it would be an omen, they could try it again next year at Bar 52.
http://naurithegreat.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/bar-52.jpg

probably better bets for a trip to Club 92.

BonnieShels
08/11/2012, 12:28 AM
St. Patricks Athletic- The Mayo of the League of Ireland

My thoughts exactly at the final whistle.

And they say that the culchies don't have teams to support and that it's Dublin-centric... :)

DannyInvincible
08/11/2012, 7:41 AM
A lot of flares were let off alright. I saw some guards move in on the Derry crowd behind the small stand goal, was there any arrests ?

For possession of flares? :rolleyes: Of course not.

BonnieShels
08/11/2012, 8:50 AM
For possession of flares? :rolleyes: Of course not.

Well it may not be a crime in the eyes of Irish law...

...but someone maybe should call the fashion police!

Candystripe
08/11/2012, 11:56 AM
I think 8 Derry fans were threw out including a man who made a comment to a guard about the heavy handed reaction compared to the south stand.

horton
08/11/2012, 2:07 PM
Two were kicked out for arguing over a seat(I'm told that was the reason for their disagreement anyway).

wonder88
08/11/2012, 10:10 PM
John Hume and M McGuinness where there supporting Derry and I saw Aonghus O Snodaigh outside the ground after the game, did Pats have other public rep supporting them at the cup final, was Leo Vadaker there, other TDs ?

nigel-harps1954
08/11/2012, 11:33 PM
did Pats have other public rep supporting them at the cup final, was Leo Vadaker there, other TDs ?

Brian Kerr, Paul McGrath and the Lord Mayor of Dublin (that blonde one from the video).

wonder88
08/11/2012, 11:48 PM
Brian Kerr, Paul McGrath and the Lord Mayor of Dublin (that blonde one from the video). Kerr and McGrath are not elected politicans.

nigel-harps1954
09/11/2012, 12:06 AM
Kerr and McGrath are not elected politicans.

How do you know?

Dodge
09/11/2012, 9:45 AM
the Lord Mayor of Dublin (that blonde one from the video).

She's deputy, and from Inchicore. There were a couple of TDs there. Derek Keating (FG) is a season ticket holder. O Snodaigh (SF) is a semi regular match goer. Michael Conaghan was there (Lab) and I think Catherine byrne was there too (thats her daughter who's deputy Lord (Lady?) Mayor (Mayoress?)

sullanefc
09/11/2012, 6:54 PM
was Leo Vadaker there,

Leo Varadkar? Ha!!! The Minister for Sport who doesn't actually like sport!!!

bennocelt
10/11/2012, 2:18 PM
John Hume and M McGuinness where there supporting Derry and I saw Aonghus O Snodaigh outside the ground after the game, did Pats have other public rep supporting them at the cup final, was Leo Vadaker there, other TDs ?

Is his team not Chelsea or some other EPL team? (read it somewhere)

wonder88
12/11/2012, 11:58 AM
Is Fintan Dury still involved with Pats, I was reminded of his involvement when I saw the Paddy Power sponsored shirts on some of the fans. Also it must have been difficult for a lot of the Pats players to be 'really up' for the game with them sorting out their new contracts at Shamrock Rovers. I remember a few years ago Ollie Byrne signed three Bohemians player to Shelbourne towards the end of the season and Bohs left them out of their team. Ollie was not very happy about it, but how could you expect the players to give their all if it meant that their new employer would miss out on the league title and prizemoney that would help pay their wages. Bohs I think did the right thing at the time.

Dodge
12/11/2012, 12:06 PM
Is Fintan Dury still involved with Pats
No, and his company hasn't been in a long time

Charlie Darwin
12/11/2012, 12:54 PM
Also it must have been difficult for a lot of the Pats players to be 'really up' for the game with them sorting out their new contracts at Shamrock Rovers.
Only one Pats player has signed with Rovers and several have (reportedly) signed or intend to sign new deals with Pats. They're professionals - they're capable of sorting out their futures while still doing their job.

marinobohs
12/11/2012, 3:22 PM
Only one Pats player has signed with Rovers and several have (reportedly) signed or intend to sign new deals with Pats. They're professionals - they're capable of sorting out their futures while still doing their job.

Dont think any Pats player had signed for shams prior to cup final (and doubt any signed during it :o) so completely irrelevant to outcome of the final. Given the level of movement within the League any player could be playing their next employer any week, most contact is informal and goes on all season long (whenever chasing manager bumps into player).

PartySaint
12/11/2012, 8:05 PM
If anything it should have motivated the players going to Rovers more, a win for Pats would have meant Rovers getting into Europe next season.

patsdad
13/11/2012, 6:32 AM
Leo Varadkar? Ha!!! The Minister for Sport who doesn't actually like sport!!!

Actually I did spot him at the Final and he was at a Pats-Hoops game in Richmond as well.

marinobohs
14/11/2012, 12:29 PM
Actually I did spot him at the Final and he was at a Pats-Hoops game in Richmond as well.

Two games ? the man must be a fanatic.