PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2011/12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

squirmy
15/07/2011, 9:54 AM
Here we go again. My money is on Balla or Boro to win the league. 4 weeks of pre-season left. The word on the street is pike and view have lost a lot of players, don't think they will win the league. Best of luck to all teams may the best team win.:ball:

safe hands
15/07/2011, 12:11 PM
balla like a few clubs have made a few signings but as to winning the league after the first weeks pre season is a bit much.. and as for pike they'll be strong again but there focus will be on the EGM in 2 weeks as will a few more clubs i have no doubt.. i hear fines are down to 20 euro?? anyone confirm, best of luck to all teams involved for this season.

hoops38
16/07/2011, 12:06 AM
Here we go again. My money is on Balla or Boro to win the league. 4 weeks of pre-season left. The word on the street is pike and view have lost a lot of players, don't think they will win the league. Best of luck to all teams may the best team win.:ball:

pike will win the league believe me,boro wont improve that much that they will win the league balla could have good season but time will tell

hoops38
16/07/2011, 12:07 AM
balla like a few clubs have made a few signings but as to winning the league after the first weeks pre season is a bit much.. and as for pike they'll be strong again but there focus will be on the EGM in 2 weeks as will a few more clubs i have no doubt.. i hear fines are down to 20 euro?? anyone confirm, best of luck to all teams involved for this season.

pikes focus will be on the field not off it,

deadly man
16/07/2011, 1:25 PM
Pike will win the league with ease i might add,Boro will be no higher than mid-table

blueboy2
16/07/2011, 1:48 PM
When was this E.G.M. called and what clubs called it considering so many clubs voted for the 4 player rule.

Leon
18/07/2011, 11:11 AM
Pike will win the league with ease i might add,Boro will be no higher than mid-table

Word on the street is that the Boro got a 4 1 drubbing by an average Desmond League side yesterday so Id say your prediction could be correct

safe hands
18/07/2011, 12:15 PM
When was this E.G.M. called and what clubs called it considering so many clubs voted for the 4 player rule.
not to sure on that just got told its next week concerning the rule

thomas72
18/07/2011, 12:20 PM
best of luck to all premier teams next season lets hope its an objection free season :)

deadly man
18/07/2011, 2:48 PM
Does anyone know if Wembley Rvrs or Summerville add to their squad since they got promoted,any new faces up training with them?????

Grinder64
18/07/2011, 6:15 PM
Does anyone know if Wembley Rvrs or Summerville add to their squad since they got promoted,any new faces up training with them?????

Wembley have a few good players coming in ok, no names until thurs but if what i hear is true they should be well prepared for premier next season

abbeyvale
18/07/2011, 10:26 PM
Pat Boland and Brian O'Doherty confirmed as Star Rovers new managment team.

dared
19/07/2011, 2:43 PM
Id a feeling Brian would be talked round... best of luck for the coming season now

Balbec77
19/07/2011, 3:29 PM

what happened with jeffrey

deadly man
19/07/2011, 4:06 PM
Wembley have a few good players coming in ok, no names until thurs but if what i hear is true they should be well prepared for premier next season

Yeah Wembley are a good club,I think they will finish around mid-table this season

Fairkop
19/07/2011, 8:09 PM

was told today that p.boland was manager before,so is this his second stint at star abbey?

abbeyvale
19/07/2011, 11:25 PM
what happened with jeffrey

Geoffery couldnt commit to another season due to shift work and family commitments on weekends.

abbeyvale
19/07/2011, 11:27 PM
was told today that p.boland was manager before,so is this his second stint at star abbey?

This is Pat's second stint as manager during my years at the club, and as far as I know he managed them at least once before I joined them also.
He has always been with the club on the comittee, but is now in charge for the coming season along with Brian O'Doherty, and in fairness both are true Star men.

United19
20/07/2011, 9:49 AM
Regional?

deadly man
20/07/2011, 7:56 PM
Regional?

Regional what???

Rumourboss
20/07/2011, 7:58 PM
Time will tell but im in agreement. Good team.

deadly man
21/07/2011, 10:57 PM
Any news on the Boro,is there many new faces up training with them?

tedd11
25/07/2011, 3:19 PM

bit early to call yet but there will be no doubt that fairview and pike will be there or there abouts come next may.you have to remember that the season is only over 6 weeks.alot of lads just want a break.most teams dont have a settled squad until mid september.a good start will be vital for boro and balla.if they get that they could very well be in the shake up come the end of the season

theboywonder8
03/08/2011, 7:38 AM
Don't see many posters commenting on the 4 ex loi player rule,now that it doesn't exist,like they were told at the start that it wouldn't be brought in,like I said at the time,watch this space for all ye non believers,ha

hoops38
03/08/2011, 2:55 PM
Don't see many posters commenting on the 4 ex loi player rule,now that it doesn't exist,like they were told at the start that it wouldn't be brought in,like I said at the time,watch this space for all ye non believers,ha

sure what u expect the fellas posting it know nothing anyway thats why they are on this looking for info,

theboywonder8
03/08/2011, 9:04 PM
Squirmy don't know where you are getting you're info but pike will be as strong as they were last year,with their new additions,and will win the league again,balla and boro have strenghtened I know ,but don't think they will finish ahead of pike,the word on the street isint always what it seems,it's when they put pen to paper that's what counts.

blueboy2
03/08/2011, 9:47 PM
L.D.M.C. sent a copy of the rule to the F.A.I. and they passed it so the rule stands only the clubs can change it as they voted it in.

theboywonder8
04/08/2011, 7:29 AM
Wait and see blueboy,tut,tut,tut

Balbec77
04/08/2011, 9:33 AM

when are fixtures out do you know

theboywonder8
04/08/2011, 10:50 AM
Clubs are supposed to have them this week,sure the fix secratary will give them out when it suits him,as usual

blueboy2
04/08/2011, 12:56 PM
Well if you know something the rest of us dont know you might tell us all I know is there is an E.G.M. next week for all the clubs so unless they have all done a u turn and are going to vote it out I dont know.
Probably give the fixtures out that night as well.

theboywonder8
04/08/2011, 2:02 PM
No nothing bout any egm,but I do know that rule will not be in force this season,you say ldmc gave a copy of rule to fai and they passed,how can they pass a rule that they don't enforce themselves,I told ye when it came out it wouldn't stand,so we will just have to wait and see now won't we,

safe hands
05/08/2011, 10:57 AM
when are fixtures out do you knowfrom what i was told by a member of the ldmc last night.. EGM is on next friday at the boro club and fixtures will be givin out on the night... think there problem was with the 17s and 19s with new teams comming in balbec77..

no17 fan
08/08/2011, 3:47 PM
so as it stand what is the situation with the four player rule,

theboywonder8
08/08/2011, 4:16 PM
There isint 1,why do you think there's an egm,to tell the clubs that the fai won't recognise it,and how can they,when they don't enforce it themselves,

lfc at heart
08/08/2011, 4:29 PM
I heard that any club that does not turn up/sign in on Friday night gets a €30 fine

blueboy2
08/08/2011, 5:42 PM
There isint 1,why do you think there's an egm,to tell the clubs that the fai won't recognise it,and how can they,when they don't enforce it themselves,
It wont be passed because the L.D.M.C. dident do their homework on it and now its too late to amend it as the season starts in 2 weeks time.
I think you knew this already the F.A.I. have nothing to do with it its a local rule and all the clubs should have been written to and told what the amendment was but the people running football in Limerick have blundered yet again.
I think the thats how you knew as yere club have people sitting on the L.D.M.C. and again its one rule for the big clubs and one rule for the small clubs.
It doesent matter to me bit it does make a laugh of junior soccer in Limerick again.

Balbec77
08/08/2011, 9:05 PM
I heard that kilmollock have Corbally at home first game and Star away then second game

theboywonder8
08/08/2011, 9:57 PM
Go back through my posts blueboy and you will see that I said it after the delegates meeting that that rule would not be passed because you cannot restrict ex loi players from playing junior football and the fai will not condone it,you would have objections left right and centre going to the fai and that's the last thing I'm sure they want up there,the rule was riduclous in the first place,stopping youngfellas who might have only played a few mins of u20 or A championship football for signing for whatever they like,do you honestly think that that's fair?and isint it ironic that AA first match is away to Pike,

theboywonder8
08/08/2011, 9:59 PM
I heard that kilmollock have Corbally at home first game and Star away then second game

Fixtures are on limericksoccer.com

thomas72
09/08/2011, 7:43 AM
Carew park v summervile

WizardOnTheWing
09/08/2011, 9:16 AM
Boro Vs Wembley.. Should be interesting.

blueboy2
09/08/2011, 12:34 PM
Go back through my posts blueboy and you will see that I said it after the delegates meeting that that rule would not be passed because you cannot restrict ex loi players from playing junior football and the fai will not condone it,you would have objections left right and centre going to the fai and that's the last thing I'm sure they want up there,the rule was riduclous in the first place,stopping youngfellas who might have only played a few mins of u20 or A championship football for signing for whatever they like,do you honestly think that that's fair?and isint it ironic that AA first match is away to Pike,
Nice One.

squirmy
09/08/2011, 3:05 PM
Thursday Aug 18th
(All Games Kick Off 6.30pm)
KBO Premier League
Pike Rvs V Aisling Annacotty
Ballynanty Rvs V Regional Utd
Carew Park V Summerville Rvs
Janesboro V Wembley Rvs
Kilmallock V Corbally Utd
Star Rvs V Fairview Rgs

Sunday August 21st
KBO Premier League
Regional Utd V Pike Rvs, 10.30,
Summerville Rvs V Aisling Annacotty, 10.30,
Wembley Rvs V Ballynanty Rvs, 10.30,
Corbally Utd V Carew Park, 10.30,
Fairview Rgs V Janesboro, 10.30,
Star Rvs V Kilmallock, 10.30,

Thursday August 25th
(All Games Kick Off 6.30pm)
KBO Premier League
Pike Rvs V Summerville Rvs
Regional Utd V Wembley Rvs
Aisling Annacotty V Corbally Utd
Ballynanty Rvs V Fairview Rgs, Shelbourne Park,
Carew Park V Star Rvs
Janesboro V Kilmallock,

Balbec77
09/08/2011, 3:43 PM
5 home wins and fairview to beat star away IN FIRST MATCHES

theboywonder8
09/08/2011, 4:09 PM
Could be 1 or 2 surprises there,

theboywonder8
09/08/2011, 4:10 PM
Boro Vs Wembley.. Should be interesting.

Did ye sign anyone new wizard?

WizardOnTheWing
10/08/2011, 6:44 AM
Did ye sign anyone new wizard?

Signed a few but still waiting on a couple to put pen to paper.. Drew 2 all last night with Peake Villa in Thurlus last night, good run out for us. Ya, the Boro game will be very tough, heard they signed a load.

theboywonder8
11/08/2011, 8:36 PM
Anyone here AA were withdrawing their premier team,rumours are rife,they can't get a team,they could do with a few ex loi players now.

thegreatone
11/08/2011, 9:01 PM
Anyone here AA were withdrawing their premier team,rumours are rife,they can't get a team,they could do with a few ex loi players now.

I know an aisling lad and he said that most of last years team is gone, 2 goggins, hurley , fitzmaurice , owens , smalle , meskall , lenihan , lynch ,njuki and cusack didnt sign yet or signed for other clubs.Thats practically their whole team from last year.

Heard their bringin up the 19s team and b team but I didnt hear anything about them pulling out. Its bad to see for a Premier team to be pulling out if its true.