PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Latest - Series 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

BobtheDrog
14/03/2010, 4:03 PM
his arm was out it's a peno

fionnsci
14/03/2010, 4:12 PM
Has to be deliberate to be a foul. Not deliberate.

sligoman
14/03/2010, 4:54 PM
2-1 in Dundalk, Fenn penalty.

fionnsci
14/03/2010, 4:56 PM
All falling apart for Drogheda. Drogheda down to ten too. Penalty was very similar to the first one so at least there's some consistency!

Jicked
14/03/2010, 4:58 PM
Anyone know the name of linesman in front of the Drogheda fans, the one who called the penalty in the second half

Red4Eva
14/03/2010, 5:03 PM
i think it's Marc Douglas

Dillonman
14/03/2010, 6:05 PM
My god we where shockign again this week, looks liek we peaked far too early in pre bloody season!

MeathDrog
14/03/2010, 7:31 PM
Has to be deliberate to be a foul. Not deliberate.
Would you ever stop **** stirring, it was a definate peno.

White Horse
14/03/2010, 8:16 PM
Two ridiculous penalties and a very dubious sending off.

The ref was the star attraction at Oriel Park.

MeathDrog
14/03/2010, 8:28 PM
Two ridiculous penalties and a very dubious sending off.

The ref was the star attraction at Oriel Park.
Both were nailed on penos for me, but at least they were both given regardless of whether you think they were or not.

Agreed, referee was pathetic.

monkey9
14/03/2010, 8:30 PM

It wasn't a peno. Neither of them were

monkey9
14/03/2010, 8:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBgeM2y-Y-w

sandman
14/03/2010, 8:39 PM
Who was brought on for Drogheda at around 80 minutes? Was ist Ryan Brennan or Damien Brennan?

RTI.ie states Ryan, extratime.ie says Damien. What's correct?

fionnsci
14/03/2010, 9:05 PM

What's your problem? Far from a definite penalty though I understand why you might think it was (i.e. you support Drogheda). Learn the rules.

MeathDrog
14/03/2010, 9:20 PM
What's your problem? Far from a definite penalty though I understand why you might think it was (i.e. you support Drogheda). Learn the rules.

Learn the rules? I'm a referee myself. :)

Both were clear penalties to be honest. In both occasions, the arm clearly blocked the ball going into the danger area and therefore prevented a goalscoring chance. Accidental doesn't come into it.

fionnsci
14/03/2010, 9:26 PM
Learn the rules? I'm a referee myself. :)

That makes two of us, I'll direct you to Law 12.

MeathDrog
14/03/2010, 9:38 PM
That makes two of us, I'll direct you to Law 12.

And how do you prove they weren't deliberate? How do you prove Henry wasn't cheating? Of course you know it wasn't deliberate, but if a hand blocks a goalscoring chance then you are hard pushed not to give it. What made the linesman give them both then?

monkey9
14/03/2010, 9:49 PM
And how do you prove they weren't deliberate? How do you prove Henry wasn't cheating? Of course you know it wasn't deliberate, but if a hand blocks a goalscoring chance then you are hard pushed not to give it. What made the linesman give them both then?

Yeah, but it's not like their arms were stretched out and the ball hit it. It was ball to hand!

MeathDrog
14/03/2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, but it's not like their arms were stretched out and the ball hit it. It was ball to hand!

The first instance the arm was stretched as far as I saw it anyway. Haven't seen a replay since though.

Riddickcule
14/03/2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBgeM2y-Y-w
Whats going on there lads?

oriel
14/03/2010, 11:07 PM
We were shocking ist half, bordering on the disgraceful actuallly, glad of the point, drogs prob deserved more.

gufcfan
14/03/2010, 11:51 PM
Highlights of Galway United v Bray Wanderers

High Definition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVNx3dOvYE&fmt=22

Normal Quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVNx3dOvYE

GGAJD
15/03/2010, 1:11 AM
We were shocking ist half, bordering on the disgraceful actuallly, glad of the point, drogs prob deserved more.

Well said, yous were absolute sh*te first half, but came good in the last fifteen or so. Drogs deserved the points in fairness.

SeanDrog
15/03/2010, 8:11 AM
For me they were both penalities but the ref was a disaster (for both sides) , I said within 5 mins of the game that someone was going to be sent off (be it Duns or Drogs), this clown clearly thought before we went out, "I'll show them who is boss" .... unfortunately for us it was one of our players but it could easily have been Duns (he ws equally brutal towards both teams).

Given the course of the game I thought a draw was a fair result , clearly I would have loved the win but going down to 10 with the guts of 30mins left we were always going to be under pressure. Great to see our side bounce back from the UCD game.

Watching the game last night, and a few points about commentators

1. It was stated that Drogs havent won in oriel since 1997 (well yeah , we were in different divsions for most of that period - d'uh)
2. They kept questioning the pitch - to me it looked fine and no funny bounces etc but they still questioned it non stop.
3. Richardson was not as annoying as usual, beginning to mature as a commentator perhaps !

**FrOsTy**
15/03/2010, 8:35 AM
3. Richardson was not as annoying as usual, beginning to mature as a commentator perhaps !

Doubt it. Maybe his annoyingness (yes I know it's not a word but you get the picture.) Was drowned out by the brain warping noise of the Dundalk fans banging them metal ad boards!

White Horse
15/03/2010, 10:30 AM

1. It was stated that Drogs havent won in oriel since 1997 (well yeah , we were in different divsions for most of that period - d'uh)
2. They kept questioning the pitch - to me it looked fine and no funny bounces etc but they still questioned it non stop.

The commentators were annoying. Several times they referred to Dundalk when they meant Drogheda, and vice versa.

The comments about the pitch were lazy reporting. Any ball that ran away from a player was due to the "plastic pitch". Apparently, the wind had no effect.

I thought Drogheda deserved the three points. Dundalk were awful.

By the way, who are the "Duns"?

marinobohs
15/03/2010, 10:34 AM
From what Glenmen have said elsewhere, the issue was it being put up over an advertising hording, not the flag itself.

Most definitely was no issue with Ulster/ glentoran/ union flags at Dalymount on saturday as anyone who saw the game will know there was an abundance of same on display.
my own view is that the gardai should not have gone into the des Kelly stand at all as (rightly or wrongly) it was potentially provocative. think it would have been better to herd them into the DK stand and leave them to it (as the PSNI did when we were at Glentoran).

RoversHead
15/03/2010, 11:24 AM
Gardai havnt a clue how to deal with football fans end of story,batton happy at Dalymount as usual escalating minor incidents,does anybody seriosly think they could deal with a european final ?could you imagine an English club v an Italian club in Dublin?carnage!

marinobohs
15/03/2010, 11:34 AM
Gardai havnt a clue how to deal with football fans end of story,batton happy at Dalymount as usual escalating minor incidents,does anybody seriosly think they could deal with a european final ?could you imagine an English club v an Italian club in Dublin?carnage!

Unfortunately very true and they will have to pick thier game up for the semi final V Linfield (who will bring a bigger crowd) ! Always seem to think having a group of robocops in riot gear is the answer to everything. In the Oval the Glens V Bohs game was policed by about 10/15 PSNI with no trouble.
God help us if the wrong teams end up in next years Europa League final !

oriel
15/03/2010, 12:12 PM
The commentators were annoying. Several times they referred to Dundalk when they meant Drogheda, and vice versa.

The comments about the pitch were lazy reporting. Any ball that ran away from a player was due to the "plastic pitch". Apparently, the wind had no effect.

The worst mis-quote was when he announced both players were on their way to 'the lourdes hospital which is just across from drogheda`s ground which was previously called oriel park'

priceless

Dillonman
15/03/2010, 12:17 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but its mentioned on our forum that LMFM reported that Alan Cawley has a suspected broekn jaw and Corrie Tracey has a fractured skull. Michael Daly was busy yesterday!

Celdrog
15/03/2010, 1:00 PM
For me they were both penalities but the ref was a disaster (for both sides) , I said within 5 mins of the game that someone was going to be sent off (be it Duns or Drogs), this clown clearly thought before we went out, "I'll show them who is boss" .... unfortunately for us it was one of our players but it could easily have been Duns (he ws equally brutal towards both teams).

Given the course of the game I thought a draw was a fair result , clearly I would have loved the win but going down to 10 with the guts of 30mins left we were always going to be under pressure. Great to see our side bounce back from the UCD game.

3. Richardson was not as annoying as usual, beginning to mature as a commentator perhaps !RTE obviously don't count the FAI cup. We were the first team to win competitively on the artificial pitch.

SeanDrog
15/03/2010, 2:04 PM

Duns :) well I am not one for using craptown terminology and I am just too lazy to type Lillywhites or Dundalk and Duns gets across who I am talking about ... open to any other 4 letter descriptors

SeanDrog
15/03/2010, 2:04 PM
RTE obviously don't count the FAI cup. We were the first team to win competitively on the artificial pitch.

I presumed they were just looking at league results

BobtheDrog
15/03/2010, 3:36 PM
Who was brought on for Drogheda at around 80 minutes? Was ist Ryan Brennan or Damien Brennan?

It was Ryan

The Betting Man
15/03/2010, 3:41 PM
http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12817&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=140

A couple of pics that show how the Gardai went in very heavy handed

The Betting Man
15/03/2010, 3:44 PM
http://www.herald.ie/national-news/c...s-2099498.html

A NUMBER of Glentoran fans were due to appear in court today charged in relation to violence in Dublin at the weekend.
Some supporters of the Northern Irish team created an atmosphere of hate as they descended on Dalymount Park for a Setanta Cup clash with Bohemians.
The Herald witnessed first hand how gangs aligned to the East Belfast club spread an air of menace and hate in and around the Phibsboro area.
As tens of thousands of rugby fans spilled out of nearby Croke Park following Ireland's fantastic win against Wales, hordes of Northern soccer fans were intent on creating havoc less than a mile away.
This newspaper also saw how gardai tried to defuse the situation by operating a friendly attitude with aggressive Glentoran supporters.
Officials from the Belfast club said they were unhappy at the use of the dogs and the speed with which the Public Order Unit was brought in. Five men, all Glentoran fans and all in their 30s and 40s, were charged for public order offences and appeared in court this morning after being released on bail.
Three of the men were arrested shortly after the kick off in the game with the other two Glentoran fans being arrested before the game.
It is believed that the skirmishes within the ground started when Glentoran supporters were prevented from erecting a Northern Ireland flag, an act seen by many as one of open provocation.

FLASHPOINT
The argument began with a few people involved but it escalated and dozens of gardai were called to the flashpoint area.
Officials from the east Belfast club have blamed the gardai for using heavy-handed tactics which they said did not help community relations.
Glentoran chairman Aubry Relph was in the stands when the violence broke out and he also criticised the actions of the gardai.
"From what I can gather the incident erupted when a fan put up a Northern Ireland flag and the guards were having none of it," he said.
"One guard removed it and from then there were batons out and people were beaten.
"I thought they appeared to bring in a Public Order Unit and Alsatian dogs very quickly, which never helps a situation.
"I've spoken to several officials and fans and they all tell me it was very heavy-handed."
Another one who was blaming everyone but his own club was Glentoran's club director Jim Rogers, who claimed that it wasn't the first time fans from the North had experienced trouble in the Republic.
"I would have to point the finger at the policing, which left a lot to be desired," he said.
The gardai declined to comment on the allegations. The match ended in a 1-1 draw, which meant Glentoran did not qualify for the semi-finals of the All-Ireland competition.
hnews@herald.ie
- Cormac Byrne

SkStu
15/03/2010, 3:59 PM
the only bits of rational thinking in that article are the comments of Aubrey Ralph.

gangs aligned to the East Belfast club spread an air of menace and hate in and around the Phibsboro area. :soldier: :roll:

Martinho II
15/03/2010, 5:23 PM

it was ryan brennan whos yet again a younger brother of Killian Brennan..Sean the other of the three brothers is at Monagan Utd and played against us the other night..

marinobohs
16/03/2010, 10:05 AM
the only bits of rational thinking in that article are the comments of Aubrey Ralph.

:soldier: :roll:

Why in the name of god did the gardai allow a few hundred glentoran fans go drinking around Phibsboro before the game ? Any idiot could surely see this was a recipe for trouble.
Surely it would have made more sense to bus them in and out of the ground before and after the game, especially given the huge crowd coming out from Croker.

redobit
16/03/2010, 10:17 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but its mentioned on our forum that LMFM reported that Alan Cawley has a suspected broekn jaw and Corrie Tracey has a fractured skull. Michael Daly was busy yesterday!

Anybody else notice a Dundalk player giving Tracey a wee kick in the face while he was lying on the ground injured.

eelmonster
16/03/2010, 10:49 AM
Anybody else notice a Dundalk player giving Tracey a wee kick in the face while he was lying on the ground injured.

You must be the only one. Shaun Kelly asked (his friend) Michael Daly (the other Drogheda player on the ground who clashed with Melligan and Tracey) if he was okay, he then tipped him with his boot on the cheek, it was hardly a kick in the face.

RoversHead
16/03/2010, 11:09 AM
You must be the only one. Shaun Kelly asked (his friend) Michael Daly (the other Drogheda player on the ground who clashed with Melligan and Tracey) if he was okay, he then tipped him with his boot on the cheek, it was hardly a kick in the face.Ah sure if all he did was tap him in the face with his boot whats all the fuss about?ffs

Dalymountrower
16/03/2010, 11:19 AM
Why in the name of god did the gardai allow a few hundred glentoran fans go drinking around Phibsboro before the game ? Any idiot could surely see this was a recipe for trouble.
Surely it would have made more sense to bus them in and out of the ground before and after the game, especially given the huge crowd coming out from Croker.

Some very drunk Glens fans in the area but from what I saw they were fairly well behaved, and were there to enjoy themselves not to cause trouble. They did frighten the bejaysus out of the rugby fans on their way home, which was nice.

redobit
16/03/2010, 11:26 AM
You must be the only one. Shaun Kelly asked (his friend) Michael Daly (the other Drogheda player on the ground who clashed with Melligan and Tracey) if he was okay, he then tipped him with his boot on the cheek, it was hardly a kick in the face.

You say I must be the only one to see it and then go on to say he tipped with his boot (maybe not a kick but intent and all that...)

By Traceys reaction he didnt seem to happy with the tip and it looked like he gave him a few verbals back

GGAJD
16/03/2010, 11:43 AM
Robert Bayly in the Rovers squad tonight.

marinobohs
16/03/2010, 12:16 PM
Some very drunk Glens fans in the area but from what I saw they were fairly well behaved, and were there to enjoy themselves not to cause trouble. They did frighten the bejaysus out of the rugby fans on their way home, which was nice.

Given the numbers involved it urely would have made sense to bus them into Dalymount and let them get ****ed in the club bars rather than outside ?
The idea of some rugger bugger asking them for the "quickest route to Killiney, my good man" is good though :D

Dillonman
16/03/2010, 12:46 PM
You say I must be the only one to see it and then go on to say he tipped with his boot (maybe not a kick but intent and all that...)

By Traceys reaction he didnt seem to happy with the tip and it looked like he gave him a few verbals back

It wasn't Tracey, it was Daly who he tapped in the face, thats what eelmonster is trying to say!himself and Daly where ex team-mates at Oriel last year sure.

eelmonster
16/03/2010, 1:12 PM

Are you serious? Have a look at it again, it's about 9 mins in:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1068609

Kelly is talking to Daly (not Tracey) with a number of other players to make sure he's okay, then he gives him a playful tip on the side of the face as he walks off. If you think there is any intent on Kelly's part to do Daly harm you're mad in the head. As for Daly's 'verbals' :pill:...

redobit
16/03/2010, 1:25 PM
Are you serious? Have a look at it again, it's about 9 mins in:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1068609

Kelly is talking to Daly (not Tracey) with a number of other players to make sure he's okay, then he gives him a playful tip on the side of the face as he walks off. If you think there is any intent on Kelly's part to do Daly harm you're mad in the head. As for Daly's 'verbals' :pill:...

Ya thats fair enough. At real time it seemed a bit different.

Could get sent off for that, intent or not.