Pages : [1] 2

the scout
15/01/2004, 8:44 AM
opposition supporters at arsenals matches are frequently heard shouting:

"martin keown is an ugly f**K,an ugly f**K"

ps :they are dead right!!!!!!!

SÓC
15/01/2004, 9:17 AM
For Bobby Ryan the long drawn out Uggggggllllyyy whenever he takes a corner.

And for poor unluck James Mulligian;
Jimmy Mull Jimmy Mull
He's Jimmy Jimmy Mull
He's got no hair,
We dont care
He's Jimmy Jimmy Mull.

Macy
15/01/2004, 9:43 AM
Originally posted by the scout
opposition supporters at arsenals matches are frequently heard shouting:

"martin keown is an ugly f**K,an ugly f**K"

Shocking :rolleyes: Jesus you wouldn't want to be in section O if you think that's personal abuse!

IMO the worst and cruelest chants are the one's that mock death.... Munich, Hillsborough etc etc....

the scout
15/01/2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Shocking :rolleyes: Jesus you wouldn't want to be in section O if you think that's personal abuse!

IMO the worst and cruelest chants are the one's that mock death.... Munich, Hillsborough etc etc....

what i was getting at was the personal stuff that has at least a trace of humour involved /i would leave out the kind of stuff above cause its just sick not funny:D

liam88
15/01/2004, 7:40 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc

And for poor unluck James Mulligian;
Jimmy Mull Jimmy Mull
He's Jimmy Jimmy Mull
He's got no hair,
We dont care
He's Jimmy Jimmy Mull.

As a complament to John Heartson :)

"Celtic sing are you listening?
And his head it is glistening,
He is our lord,
although he's bald,
Walkin' in a Heartson wonderland!

There's only one Johnny Heartson!
There's only ONE Johnny Heartson,
He's always there,
He's got no hair,
Walking in a Heartson wonderland!

So goodbye Henrik Larsson,
You put soooo many past 'em,
You'll no longer be there,
But we don't care,
Coz we're WALKING IN A HEARTSON WONDERLAND! CELTIC!"

Another one I've heard to a tune of song ,

"Give me joy in my heart keep me Catholic,
Give me joy in my heart I pray,
Give me ammo in my gun see the Orange b**tards run,
I'm a member of the IRA"

gspain
16/01/2004, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by liam88
As a complament to John Heartson :)

***** Hartson stuff deleted ****

Another one I've heard to a tune of song ,

"Give me joy in my heart keep me Catholic,
Give me joy in my heart I pray,
Give me ammo in my gun see the Orange b**tards run,
I'm a member of the IRA"

Charming. Nice to know still no sectarian singing at Parkhead then. :rolleyes:

gspain
16/01/2004, 9:35 AM
And btw his name is John Hartson. not Heartson.

Éanna
16/01/2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah that andy goram one was a classic alright. (wonder if both his personalities were LVF loving scumbags :eek: :) )
Another good one was form the Rovers-Bohs game that finished 6-4 "Are you henman in disguise" :D

tiktok
16/01/2004, 1:03 PM
or 'are you home farm in disguise' for next season ;).

whoever it was that started 'neighing' and chanting
'was your father Mr.Ed'
at stuart adamsom in Inchicore last season was cruel (but funny).

Éanna
16/01/2004, 1:15 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
'was your father Mr.Ed' :o Think I might have to plead guilty to that one :)

the scout
16/01/2004, 1:26 PM
was at rovers match years ago at milltown and mick lawlor missed a sitter

from one side of the ground someone shouted "lawlor your only a f*****G ham"
someone else in the same group shouted he's not a ham,a ham can be cured. brilliant stuff and the whole terrace fell about the place laughing

liam88
16/01/2004, 5:44 PM
Oops a spelling mistake.
It was to the tune of "give me me joy" and who said it was at Parkhead?
To be honest it may well have been IL ;)

brendy_éire
16/01/2004, 6:39 PM
Oops a spelling mistake.
It was to the tune of "give me me joy" and who said it was at Parkhead?
To be honest it may well have been IL ;)

There's another one like that:

"Hi ho, hi ho.
It's off to work we go.
We work all day for the IRA.
Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho."

There's another verse, but I can't mind it at the minute.
Reckon the simplest ones can often be the best. Some of our ones for Harps are, IMO, hilarious.

To the tune of 'You're not singing anymore':
"What's it like to shag a sheep?"
and
"What's it like to win **** all?"

To the tune of 'You only sing when you're winnin'
"You only sing when you're farmin"

Getting a bit more complicated with:
"Old Noel King had a farm,
E, I, E, I, O.
And on that farm he had some sheep,
E,I,E,I,O.
With a baa baa here, and a baa baa there.
Here a baa, there a baa,
Everywhere a baa baa.
Old Noel King had a farm
E, I, E, I, O."

But the best one, for the sheer atmosphere (this just as Noel King was being lead away by our stewards after getting sent off in the play-off final), to the tune of Daydream Believer:
"Cheer up Noel King
Oh, what can it mean to a
Sheepshagging ******* and a
****e football team"

It was ****ing rain, Harps were 2-1 down at half time in extra time after Liam Coyle's goal, staring at another year in the First Division, their third play-off loss in 3 seasons, Shane Bradley had just been sent off, Noel King walks away with his head down.
Cruel, aye. Deserved, aye. :D

adamcarr
16/01/2004, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by brendy_eire

"Old Noel King had a farm,
E, I, E, I, O.
And on that farm he had some sheep,
E,I,E,I,O.
With a baa baa here, and a baa baa there.
Here a baa, there a baa,
Everywhere a baa baa.
Old Noel King had a farm
E, I, E, I, O."

LOL

Martinho II
16/01/2004, 10:07 PM
I remember Section Os version for the famous 6-4 win for the Bohs.

RICO RICO
4-1 UP AN U LOSE 6-4!
RICO RICO
4-1 UP AN U LOSE 6-4!
4-1,4-2,4-3,4-4
GO ON RICO LET IN TWO MORE!
ICO RICO
4-1 UP AN U LOSE 6-4!

Rico was at the Pats Longford town last season in incicore and we sang that at him when he peeped in at us at half time! Class !
:)

TheRealRovers
17/01/2004, 10:06 AM
When we played Shams in Tolka a few years back in the cup we sung to the tune of "Hey Baby"
Hey, hey junkies uh ah
We wanna know if you,ve HIV.

sylvo
17/01/2004, 3:35 PM
One of my fave chant's was celtic's about that fine articulate gentelman and ambassador of english culture gazza, and it was refering to how he bravely put the boot into his wife after she had the nerve to mess the towel's up on the towel rack in their hotel bathroom.
it was to the tune of that brutel song by baddiel and skinner about the self appionted football master race, football's coming Home. Celtic's version was,
HE BEAT'S HIS WIFE
HE BEAT'S HIS WIFE
HE BEAT'S HER
GASGOIGNE BEAT'S HIS WIFE.
Very simple song that managed to make a very simple eejit spit out his dummy and do what he'll also be remembered for, bawling his eye's out .
:(

TheRealRovers
18/01/2004, 2:22 AM
Why do you hate Celtic so much? What did they ever do to you?

mouldymurphy
18/01/2004, 10:50 AM
thebest ive ever heard was from a non league side in england during the foot and mouth its:
ye are red
ye are white
all yere sheep are up alight

sylvo
18/01/2004, 1:37 PM
Going back to the elbow swinging goerdie genius, point taken he was a great player, and that he did score a great goal against scotland as well as the free kick for spurs v arsenal in the fa cup semi final, but it's his other stroke's of genius that he will be alway's remembered for like wife beating, telling the people of Norway to f off as well as his James Galway impression with his imaginary flute. It was remarked that if he played his flute a third time that would make it a hat trick and would he be able to keep his imaginary musical instrument, even SOME Rangers fans remarked that he had on both occasions been holding his air flute the wrong way and made himself look more of a clown.
As for the wife beating chants they done exactly what they were meant to, they hurt him big time. In his last two game's v Celtic when the fan's taunted him he got him self sent off for trying to slap Morton Wighorst handbag style in front of the ref and in his second game he just stamped around the pitch like a child with a temper not playing any part in the match, apart from getting levelled by Paul Lambert.

Yes he was a great player but he will always be remembered for his non footballing activities!

the scout
18/01/2004, 2:03 PM
[

Think the best was the now famous one claimed by many clubs but apparently started by Hibs fans, the 'two Andy Gorams, there's only two Andy Gorams'. Not very pc mind, but the player himself at least had the grace to laugh it off. [/B][/QUOTE]

STILL THINK THIS ONE IS GOING TO TAKE SOME BEATING :cool: :cool:

A face
18/01/2004, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
Why do you hate Celtic so much?

Question is ... why doesnt everyone else hate them enough.

Sell-Thick FC = Tell them any auld shte to make a few quid !!

liam88
18/01/2004, 10:13 PM
UP CELITC!
"Insy wincy Gasgoine climbed up the wter spout,
Along came the Republicans to sort the ba***ard out,
Out came the Klaschnikovs to cause the git some pain,
And incy wincy Gasgoine,
Never walked again!!!!!!!!"

WHEY!
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK YOUR FLUTE GASGOINE YOU BIGGOT!!!

Gary
18/01/2004, 10:16 PM
Teddy Sheringham leaves Spurs for Man Ure. After his first (trophyless for Utd) season, the Arsenal fans among others sing

Oh Teddy teddy,
U signed for Man Utd
And u won Fúck all

So then, after Utd do the treble, Teddy is playing against Arsenal. The Arsenal fans sing

Oh Teddy Teddy,
U signed for Man UTD
AND YOUR STILL A CÚNT!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING!
:D

Macy
19/01/2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Gary
So then, after Utd do the treble, Teddy is playing against Arsenal. The Arsenal fans sing

Oh Teddy Teddy,
U signed for Man UTD
AND YOUR STILL A CÚNT!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING!
Preferred the United version post treble...

Oh Teddy Teddy,
Came to Man United,
And you won the lot

Think the Arse song may have been in response to Sheringham lifting trophies in front of them while warming up! (Mind you still don't like the fúcker, despite 26th May 1999)

sadloserkid
19/01/2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Just because he played for Rangers and the Celtic fans were chanting doesn't mean I have to think chants about domestic abuse are automatically hilarious.

No but surely you'll concede that domestic abuse is far more serious than chants about domestic abuse? I don't care who you play for, that's well out of order.

pineapple stu
19/01/2004, 12:38 PM
Wolves fans to Ferdinand on Saturday - "p*ss in a bottle, you couldn't p*ss in a bottle".

And Bohs fans singing "Are you Tim Henman in disguise?" as they came from 1-4 down to win 6-4 was a classic too!

sadloserkid
19/01/2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Wolves fans to Ferdinand on Saturday - "p*ss in a bottle, you couldn't p*ss in a bottle".

Heh-heh-heh :D

In a wet Buckley Barn one night the motley crew of teens who'd turned up to support the Cats celebrated their opener with a chant of:

'Kilkenny City 1 Stab City 0' (repeated ad infinitum, believe it or not they weren't the first to use it either.

Quick response came as follows from the two Limerick fans in attendance.

'Kilkenny Town 1 Stab City 0' :) The Kilkenny boys were not amused. Can you believe that they really think they live in a city??? :D

This season just gone at the same venue in front of a crowd of about 80 (30 of them away supporters) as Limerick strolled to a 4-1 win there was another moment of brief inspiration. To the sound of that old ESB Energysaver classic '50-50 Cashback' the Limerick faithful sang lustily 'Football in a graveyard, Football in a Graveyard'. I enjoyed it anyway and as the instigator of said chant I'm entitled to royalties should anybody else use it! ;) And by the way I'm aware of the irony of a Limerick fan slagging anybody off for a lack of atmosphere but hey... it was the summer.

the 12 th man
19/01/2004, 12:50 PM
what was that one about the coloured player (in england)and his hair do made his head the shape of a pineapple.i think he played for middleborough though not sure

sadloserkid
19/01/2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
But again you're thinking about Paul only. Of course domestic abuse is appalling, that's precisely why I don't find it a particularly clever or funny chant. Do you think Sheryl Gascoigne liked hearing thousands of football fans sing about her problems?

That's a valid point Conor but football being football I think that Gascoigne (in this case) or any player who's commited similar misdeeds fully deserves any abuse they may get. It's similar to the '3 kids in S****horpe' jibe I've heard directed at Dave Hill. You might argue that said kids won't hear that so it's not a big deal but then where do you draw the line??? Can you abuse freely at Limerick games but not at Bolton Wanderers matches because of the disparity in attendance figures? I'd still be safe anyway! :)

sadloserkid
19/01/2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by the 12 th man
what was that one about the coloured player (in england)and his hair do made his head the shape of a pineapple.i think he played for middleborough though not sure

Jason Lee of Notts Forest at the time. Dunno exactly how the chant went.

Countyman
19/01/2004, 1:08 PM
re: jason lee - "He's got a pineapple ..on his head (repeat x 100)"

and for the john gill fanclub :

"He's short, he's round, he bounces on the ground ..johnny gill"

tetsujin1979
19/01/2004, 1:12 PM
Jason Lee of Notts Forest at the time. Dunno exactly how
the chant went

Yep, it was Jason Lee, it all started on Fantasy Football on BBC 2 with Baddiel and Skinner taking the p!ss out of a load of sitters he had missed that season with various pineapples, one involved Hoddle praying for a sign from God (after accepting the England job), only to have a pineapple descend from the heavens with the words "And I want him alone up front"

As far as I remember the chant went:
"He's got a pineapple on his head,
a pineapple on his head,
a pineapple on his head,
he's got a pineapple on his head"
and so on

sadloserkid
19/01/2004, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
and for the john gill fanclub

I've got nothing against Gill myself, I've always found him alright.

Countyman
19/01/2004, 2:19 PM
I've nothing against him either . Just thought it was a cruel chant.
;)

Jim Smith
19/01/2004, 2:52 PM
The cruellest chants I can remmeber were about the death of Ayr United ledgend (he also played for some team in Glasgow) Johnny Dolye.

Johnny Dolye electrocuted himself in the loft of his house (October 1981). At this time the was a song with the lines "Its my party and I'll cry if I want to...."

The following Saturday Rangers fans started siging "Its my attic and I'll fry if I want to..."

At the next Old Firm match the Celtic chant of "Tommy Burns, Tommy Burns, Tommy Burns" was met by the reply "So does Dolye, so does Doyle, so does Doyle..."

There are some sick minds out there....

pineapple stu
19/01/2004, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by tetsujin1979
As far as I remember the chant went:
"He's got a pineapple on his head,
a pineapple on his head,
a pineapple on his head,
he's got a pineapple on his head"
and so on

They got a great clip of him coming on as a sub in Stamford Bridge with the entire Chelsea crowd singing the song at him! Priceless!!!

[Stat alert!!! :eek: ] Plays with Peterborough now...

By the way, my name has nothing to do with me being as bad a footballer as him!! (As I'm sure the Longford and Cork lads will testify!:eek: :D )

Colm
19/01/2004, 6:15 PM
UP CELITC!
And incy wincy Gasgoine,

WHEY!

I find it quite amusing that you posted that chant and then still went on to say that Gazza is a bigot....

liam88
19/01/2004, 8:05 PM
Ok there is only one chant on here that was sung by Celtic-the wife beating one, and he deserved that.
The rest are Republican chants, mabye aimed at Gasgoine because of the hurt he caused with his digusting celebration.
There have always been links drawn between Celtic and the IRA, but there has never been any secaterian chanting at any Celtic matches I have ever been to.
Be careful to differentiate between Celtic songs and Republican songs.
And if I have put something in quoatations it dosn't necessararly mean that I believe it.

Celtic FC-UEFA fair play award, Fifa Fair play award, that's the way it stays. (thankfully no footballing bodies blame Celtic for Republican chants against Gasgoine or any loyalists).

liam88
19/01/2004, 8:08 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I find it quite amusing that you posted that chant and then still went on to say that Gazza is a bigot....
I never made any bigotory comments-just posted a chant sung by some. The chant itself is not biggotory, it says nothing against loyalists, British, Orangemen etc. simply against a player who will always be remembered for encouraging the secaterianism that we all want to see an end to (at least I do).
Up the peace process!
Down with Gasgoine!

tiktok
20/01/2004, 9:57 AM
Liam, since not everyone who's posted a chant up here neccessarily would chant it themselves i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
However, you told us after an earlier post on this thread to be careful to differentiate 'between Celtic Songs and Republican Songs' but have a look at what you posted...

UP CELITC!
And incy wincy Gasgoine,

WHEY!

You start the post with "Up Celtic", you profess a profound dislike for Gazza at the end of it and in the middle Kalashnikov wielding Republicans 'sort the ba***rd out'. Then you and Guerzy feign surprise that others on this site connect Celtic and the IRA, come off it.

Peadar
20/01/2004, 11:16 AM

Celtic FC-UEFA fair play award, Fifa Fair play award, that's the way it stays.

I'm open to correction on this but those awards did not take SPL games into consideration during the selection process. The behaviour of the fans in the UEFA Cup and Champions League was what they were judged on.
It could be a case that their fans are street angels, house devils?
I've never been to an "Old Firm" derby so I'm merely posing a question rather than making a bold statement.

I've heard plenty cruel chants in my time but haven't cared to remember any of them.

tiktok
20/01/2004, 12:06 PM
AFAIK the Fair play award is given out for once off incidents, the Celtic fans won it (deservedly IMO) for their support of the team at the UEFA cup final. Whatever else is said on here, the numbers present, the colour and atmosphere at that game did justify receipt of the award.

the 12 th man
20/01/2004, 1:10 PM
this ones an oldie/
when england came back from the world cup in mexico they
were embroiled in controversy as their captain bobby moore had been arrested for shoplifting in a jewellers.

their world cup song that year was "back home" and some
wise guys changed the first line to"back home we will be wearing the bracelets we stole in mexico"

i think he was cleared of the charges eventually but they reckon it had a negative impact on bobby moores performances in the
competition

tiktok
20/01/2004, 2:06 PM
Geurzy...
Look at the thread, I didn't criticise Liam on his posts, i said myself that a chant/song he posts probably isn't one he'd sing. I simply pointed out that it was Liam himself who made the Celtic/IRA link, so he (or you) can hardly be surprised if someone else picks up on it. Anyway, your baiting of the 'anti-celtic element' only adds fuel to it, so don't plead innocence.
As for another Celtic/RA debate, you can have it on your own, I'm not interested.

Macy
20/01/2004, 2:12 PM
Keep this on topic (i.e. off the celtic issue yet again) or I'm splitting and binning.....

the 12 th man
20/01/2004, 2:13 PM
ding ding !!!break it up there lads

tiktok
20/01/2004, 2:17 PM
Not really a chant........

but the cruellest thing (lacking in humour anyway) I've heard about at a match was the fans that signalled a chopper flying to the chelsea fans after Matthew Harding was killed in the chopper crash.

and Geurzy, apology accepted;)

Macy
20/01/2004, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Guerzy
Keep your binning stuff off this. Dont get too click happy. Neither of us want to go down that stupid debate. I'm just playing a bit of wind up.
And we've had to put up with this "hilarity" since foot started, plus I'll split what I want on this forum...

liam88
20/01/2004, 5:58 PM
All us Irish know the harm splitting causes :rolleyes:
Seriously I wern't making any links, just pointing out a Republican song against Gasgoine and expressing meh love for Celtic and hate for the flute player ;)
Anyway, keeping on topic.........no more Republican chants for me....,

Cruel FOOTBALL chants I've heard,
"You'll be jumping out of windows when you loose,
You'll be jumping out of windows when you loose,
You'll be jumping out of windows,
You'll be jumping out of windows,
Jumping out of windows when you loose"

It carried on with a few more interesting verses including,

"You'll be joining [players name here] down in hell"

Now to respect a certain team i'm not going to put in the players name, but ironically he had just moved to England :D