View Full Version : Relegation 2008

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GuisaSaigon
22/10/2008, 9:52 AM
I would imagine Bray would benefit financially from such a move also
Dont think so he was kicked out of the club by Gormley:o

Mr A
22/10/2008, 10:29 AM
If he was there between the ages of 12 and 21 they will still benefit, albeit only with 0.5% of the fee for each year at Bray.

finnpark
22/10/2008, 10:43 AM
Go swallow a spoon of sugar to dry and dilute some of that bitterness, you are obviously ignorant about football if you think that.
It is not hype, he is quality, and he will go to England. I would imagine Bray would benefit financially from such a move also

The last I heard he was being linked with Division 3 side Leeds. Thats embarrising :o

GUISAUltra
22/10/2008, 10:57 AM
sorry to disappoint ya finnpark he is actually heading over to birmingham, a side currently at the top of the championship and who will really be pushing for premiership football this time around

JC_GUFC
22/10/2008, 10:58 AM
"Fair paly to Gormely, he obviously knows the difference between dudd players and decent players". ----Ya right,he let Jay O'Shea go to us for nothing and now hes an U21 International and going to England at the end of the season for a handy 6 figure sum.
And someone else mentioned that yes Jay should been playing for us last night and not the meaningless U23 squad.If that had been a big club they would have been allowed keep their player.Doesnt matter though.

To be fair Gormley didn't let him go, he was kicked out by Bray. Not sure what happened but during the summer the Bray fans were saying Gormley had no choice.

In any case he's had a brilliant second half to the season and it's no surprise that there are a number of clubs looking to sign him.

At the moment he's definitely one of the top right wingers in the country.

finnpark
22/10/2008, 10:58 AM
sorry to disappoint ya finnpark he is actually heading over to birmingham, a side currently at the top of the championship and who will really be pushing for premiership football this time around

WOW :p

WoodquayBoy
22/10/2008, 11:06 AM
I've heard Real Madrid are interested in him too. Doesn't make it true though

Olander
22/10/2008, 11:13 AM
The last I heard he was being linked with Division 3 side Leeds. Thats embarrising :o
The last I heard the whole Finn Harps squad was being sent to Coventry.

Now thats embarrassing...

Sam_Heggy
22/10/2008, 1:15 PM
The last I heard the whole Finn Harps squad was being sent to Coventry.

Now thats embarrassing...

One way ticket please God, we don't want anything for them either.

gufct
22/10/2008, 1:18 PM
WOW :p

Just wondering have you left national school yet some of the crap you come out with here is unbelievably naive.

Lim till i die
22/10/2008, 11:00 PM

Not if they start signing unproven LoI wingers they wont be. :ball:

bellavistaman
23/10/2008, 5:52 PM
Have to say lim till i dies input in this thread has been the most truthful and amusing.. :D

I'd like to finish off with FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finnpark
23/10/2008, 8:44 PM
Have to say lim till i dies input in this thread has been the most truthful and amusing.. :D

I'd like to finish off with FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if there was any evidence of fixing involving Galway, the FAI and other players/clubs then Im sure the FAI would have been suspended pending an investigation. Getting evidence is very difficult. Although I wouldn't hold my breath if UEFA are involved (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuJCCeZY418u7e.ZBFRFPHjsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20080313105656AAigxRG )

Anyway, when Galway stay up, Harps, Cobh and Dundalk can all send 1000 fans each up tot he FAI to protest at the fix. ;)

Im sure Galway are not fixing any matches. Nick Leeson is a very honest man with no track record of any crookery whatsoever.

Mr Maroon
23/10/2008, 8:54 PM
Anyway, when Galway stay up, Harps, Cobh and Dundalk can all send 1000 fans each up tot he FAI to protest at the fix. ;)
Don't forget the petrol ;)

finnpark
23/10/2008, 9:13 PM
Don't forget the petrol ;)

In all fairness, I think relegation for us is ok because the club needs some long term planning in order to progress. I hope that the club can do this.

But, I have to say that some of rumours Im hearing regarding match fixing are truly disgusting. Im not sure if there is any truth in them but I wonder why the bookies have suspended the betting :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck to yous next year, if you fix a rake more matche syou can get into europe too ;)

The Rebel Ram
24/10/2008, 7:08 AM
In all fairness, I think relegation for us is ok because the club needs some long term planning in order to progress. I hope that the club can do this.

But, I have to say that some of rumours Im hearing regarding match fixing are truly disgusting. Im not sure if there is any truth in them but I wonder why the bookies have suspended the betting :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck to yous next year, if you fix a rake more matche syou can get into europe too ;)

What bookies have suspended betting?
I think it is the bookies fault, the bottom teams always do well in the final quarter of a season, the bookies have been giving odds on table position not on recent form.
I have made a lot of money on football in the past 6 weeks, mainly on the Eircom league but also on games versus Spurs in the Prem.
I think they are getting a roasting on soccer at the moment.
It might be the fact that they are loosing money for a change they don't want to bet.

Mr A
24/10/2008, 8:04 AM
The only rumours I've heard have been about the Pats-Cobh game, not the one against Galway.

GuisaSaigon
24/10/2008, 11:21 AM
Most people in Galway have been cleaning up on -O'Shea to score anytime and United to win- usually at 12/1. I know I have been doing fairly well lately:D All this talk of a fix is hilarious lads keep it up!:o

The Rebel Ram
24/10/2008, 12:23 PM
Most people in Galway have been cleaning up on -O'Shea to score anytime and United to win- usually at 12/1. I know I have been doing fairly well lately:D All this talk of a fix is hilarious lads keep it up!:o

I had Ramblers to beat Pat's, 8/1 odds were given, Pats team was depleated and Ramblers were second in the league only to Bohs on the last 5 games played. That's not a fix it's a bargain.
Bohs were 11/10 to beat Drogs on the same night, Bohs who had won every game since early July and Drogs who had injuries and were not having a great run.
IMO it is the bookies not knowing enough about the EL that's all, not match fixing!
Long may it continue..............

BTW Bolton 11/4 to beat Spurs at the weekend, I got Udinese -1 goal for the same price to beat them last night.:D

Ceirtlis
24/10/2008, 12:59 PM

You are so full of ****e, you must be a wind up.

GuisaSaigon
24/10/2008, 1:54 PM

If Bohs win tonight we'll only have to fix one:D

Sam_Heggy
24/10/2008, 3:00 PM
A wise man once said,

FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rambler1
25/10/2008, 11:45 PM
I want either Cobh or Galway to stay up, and it will be either of them i think. Cobh because its like another home game for us, Galway for the good of the league imo.Wise Man...you could be dead right..one or the other id say also looking at whos doing well at the moment

Rambler1
25/10/2008, 11:53 PM
I hope Cobh stay up,they deserve it after being written off all the timeThats the spirit shep...we'll try our best! are you a Pats fan by any chance?few Pats fans were very complimentary to us the night we were at inchecore.

Rambler1
26/10/2008, 12:38 AM
Was it is as biga failure as any of the other league "options"? 12 team league doing well at the moment?

How anyone (on either side of the argument) could possible think that a 10 team or 12 team league would make an ounce of difference is beyond me.
Premier 2009 - 30 games - 16 Teams
1.Bohs
2.St Pats
3.Derry
4.Cork City
5.Drogs
6.Rovers
7.Sligo
8.Bray
9.Rams
10.Galway
11. Harps
12.UCD
13. Shels
14.Dundalk
15.Waterford
16.Limerick
Fist 2009 - - 30 games -16 Teams
1. Sp Fingal
2. Longford
3. Mons
4.Athlone
5. Wexford
6. Kildare Co
7. Kilkenny City
8. Carlow
9. Castlebar Celtic
10. Crumlin Utd
11. Clonmel Town
12. Rockmount
13. Douglas Hall
14. Wayside Celtic
15. Fanad Utd
16.AN.OTher
We dont need to reinvent the wheel...look at the Premier League..it has it all !
2 Up 2 down with 1st in 1st Div auto up. 2nd 3rd playoff for promotion spot.

Lim till i die
26/10/2008, 1:17 AM
All this talk of a fix is hilarious lads keep it up!:o

FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eamo1
26/10/2008, 1:01 AM
I cant believe the fix rumours.Just because the bookies dont have a clue about the league(Boyles especially) they are making up false rumours because they could "never" get it so wrong:rolleyes:.Jay anytime scorer and utd to win went from 12/1 down to 6/1 the following week down to 7/2 last week.I didnt check it this week.The last 3 weeks ive not exactly cleaned up at Boyles but done very well in the E.L.Werent Utd 7/1 to stay up a few weeks ago?I didnt do it:mad:.

JC_GUFC
26/10/2008, 8:09 AM
I cant believe the fix rumours.Just because the bookies dont have a clue about the league(Boyles especially) they are making up false rumours because they could "never" get it so wrong:rolleyes:.Jay anytime scorer and utd to win went from 12/1 down to 6/1 the following week down to 7/2 last week.I didnt check it this week.

That's got to do with their match prices. We were about 5/2 to beat Cork but only 11/10 to beat Bray so there's obviously going to be a big change in the price. Glad you're making money on it anyway!

As for relegation it's difficult for the bookies to bet on it - what price are Drogheda?

Also people backing in the shops can't see the conditions that it's settled on the bottom 3 teams. If you want a bet just request a price and you'll be quoted something. Also ask for both sides (to stay up and to go down) and you'll be given a fair price.

The Rebel Ram
26/10/2008, 9:18 AM
I cant believe the fix rumours.Just because the bookies dont have a clue about the league(Boyles especially) they are making up false rumours because they could "never" get it so wrong:rolleyes:.Jay anytime scorer and utd to win went from 12/1 down to 6/1 the following week down to 7/2 last week.I didnt check it this week.The last 3 weeks ive not exactly cleaned up at Boyles but done very well in the E.L.Werent Utd 7/1 to stay up a few weeks ago?I didnt do it:mad:.

Saved yourself a few bob there so :D

bellavistaman
26/10/2008, 9:22 PM
FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lim till i die
27/10/2008, 6:37 PM
I cant believe the fix rumours.

FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam_Heggy
04/11/2008, 9:04 PM
Massive weekend ahead with regards the relegation battle.

With UCD gone now its between Cobh, Galway and Harps for the final place to stay up.

Galway - Harps in Terryland could be a nervy game for both sides. If Harps win they could possibly be guaranteed their top flight status for next season, a draw and its all down to the last game of the season.

Cobh - Bohs - If Cobh don't win this then they will look as good as gone. A win and they will have a tough task of trying to beat Derry in the Brandywell. Derry are still pushing for 2nd place so I can't see them letting up there.

Obviously I want Harps to win but, a draw would not be the worst result in the world.

Will Cobh beat Bohs?

How will the game go in Terryland?

Easily the biggest weekend of the season for all 3 teams.

WoodquayBoy
05/11/2008, 9:35 AM
Massive weekend ahead with regards the relegation battle.

Galway - Harps in Terryland could be a nervy game for both sides. If Harps win they could possibly be guaranteed their top flight status for next season, a draw and its all down to the last game of the season.
And if United win, Cobh aree as good as gone due to inferior goal difference, and Harps have to win final game against Shams and hope United don't beat a relegated UCD

Schumi
05/11/2008, 11:06 AM
And if United win, Cobh aree as good as gone due to inferior goal differenceOnly if Cobh lose to Bohs, which I wouldn't rely on by any means.

Conor H
07/11/2008, 10:06 PM
Comfortable win for UTD against a poor Harps side.

Excellent crowd and atmosphere at the game and a performance to match.

It's not really a 'battle' as such anymore.It's UTD's to lose.UCD have a great chance to upset the apple cart though and i don't expect an easy game next week.
However with the away support likely to outnumber the home support and the spirit in the current UTD squad,we should win.

Think tonight's result all but ends Cobh's challenge aswell.

oriel
07/11/2008, 11:42 PM
So apart from ucd already relegated what are the final day permutations ?

pineapple stu
07/11/2008, 11:45 PM
Galway beat us, they survive.

Cobh beat Bohs and better Galway's result against us in Derry, they survive.

Cobh don't beat Bohs, Harps beat someone and Galway don't beat us, Harps survive.

And ultimately, Bohs, UCD and Drogheda get relegated.

Sam_Heggy
08/11/2008, 12:59 AM
Harps don't deserve to stay up, not that current batch of players. Absolute joke.
300 fans travel 4 hours to watch over paid muckers not give a sh!te, bye bye Hegarty hope the door gives ya a good slap on the way out, and take your mucker mates with ya.

Fair played to Galway, good atmosphere tonight.

Terry
08/11/2008, 7:27 AM
Agree with you there Sam. very poor display from harps considering the support that travelled to terryland to help them on. Even half the squad didnt bother acknowledging ye going off after the final whistle ?

As Conor said above, its GUFC's to lose now. Will be expecting a big away support at belfield next weekend to help the team over the line. Hope to God now we can convince Jeff to stay another season ! One of the best managers ever to come to Galway.

GuisaSaigon
08/11/2008, 9:03 AM
Harps tactics were all wrong, came looking for a draw, some low life stuff off the ball too. Deserved everything they got.

OneRedArmy
08/11/2008, 10:22 AM
Harps don't deserve to stay up, not that current batch of players. Absolute joke.
300 fans travel 4 hours to watch over paid muckers not give a sh!te, bye bye Hegarty hope the door gives ya a good slap on the way out, and take your mucker mates with ya.

Fair played to Galway, good atmosphere tonight.Actually wanted Harps to stay up, but rub it up ye ya bitter ****** with a post like that.

Always has to be about us...

RonnieB
08/11/2008, 10:26 AM
Harps were very poor. The "defending" for the first two goals and the wall for the third goal a pure disaster.

Sam_Heggy
08/11/2008, 11:05 AM
Actually wanted Harps to stay up, but rub it up ye ya bitter ****** with a post like that.

Always has to be about us...

You'll see what I mean during the close season.

finnpark
08/11/2008, 11:29 AM
Harps players gave it everything but may not have been mentally prepared enough. Perhaps their motivation levels were low after beating Drogheda last week ie got relaxed.

Well done Galway, a nice stadium and a good crowd. Apart from the mess earlier the season the club is progressing well so fair play to Galway and the FAI who have put in a lot of work over the years.

The refereeing was again unusual but I think Galway would have won anyway. Can't complain too much about the match officials.

Now lets get the map out to see where Wexford is again :(

GuisaSaigon
08/11/2008, 9:05 PM
Cobh are gone. lost 2-0 to Bohs tonight, between us and Harps now.

don ramo
09/11/2008, 3:28 AM
Cobh are gone. lost 2-0 to Bohs tonight, between us and Harps now.

ah but ya see its a fix, next week well beat derry 5-0, and UCD will beat galway 6-0 and harps will loose, and we stay up, savage odds on us to survive now

geezer
09/11/2008, 1:03 PM
and all them indo rag journos will cry betting scam with fintan drury and paddy power. Journalist and bookies the cream of society

Rovers1
09/11/2008, 5:14 PM
However with the away support likely to outnumber the home support

ye expectin many to travel Conor? Thought you would have had 5 or 6 times more at the Pats game....even if it was a midweek game
:confused:

cestlavie
09/11/2008, 7:54 PM
Harps should never have appointed Higgsy, the only reason they had fighting chance of survival was as result of all the other clubs around them having financial problems early doors.
the same can be said about Derry, they have benifited fromm the other clubs misfortunes, the only other difference from last year is the they eventually got a keeper or two, Farren started to score again and McGinn came in to replace Paddy and was more reliable coz he wasnt always injured.

MariborKev
09/11/2008, 10:31 PM
the same can be said about Derry, they have benifited fromm the other clubs misfortunes, the only other difference from last year is the they eventually got a keeper or two, Farren started to score again and McGinn came in to replace Paddy and was more reliable coz he wasnt always injured.

Balls.

I would back everything I have that we would not be anywhere near where we are, had Robbo(or indeed the Poison Dwarf) had still been in charge.