PDA

View Full Version : Relegation 2008

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

bellavistaman
19/10/2008, 3:56 AM
UCD gone now IMO, us or galway now i have to say, from the heart its now ours to throw away, the head says us or galway i honestly cannot seperate the two. I say blow the league up now!!! hehe

The Rebel Ram
19/10/2008, 11:39 AM
Between Cobh and Galway now.......
Cobh have
Away to Bray Friday week
Home to Bohs
Away to Derry

9 points a certainty

Seriously though, if we play like we did for the past few weeks we should beat Bray.
It'll depend on what team and what commitment they have when we play Bohs how we get on.
Hopefully Derry will have nothing to play for when we meet them and will have beaten ye to be in the final so will have their focus on that.

so 9 points could actually be a possibility.

Galway will have Pats(away) on Monday who willl want to be making sure of their second spot.
Then it's Derry (away) still in with a shout for second and who will have beaten ye convincingly in the semi.
Home to Harps is next in a win or be relegated battle............
Finally away to UCD who might still be there looking for third from bottom, but pride mainly to play for.

All in all we have it wrapped up

GUISAUltra
19/10/2008, 1:10 PM
Between Cobh and Galway now.......All in all we have it wrapped up

:eek: fact ye're so confident is gonna make it all the sweeter when we finish ahead of ye.

geezer
19/10/2008, 6:50 PM
reckon anyone of the four can stay up. Its very tight.

pineapple stu
19/10/2008, 6:53 PM
We're gone. Have to beat Galway and either of St Pat's or Bohs (Bohs with half our defence suspended) to have any hope. Not going to happen.

Terry
19/10/2008, 7:19 PM
I hope the Cobh players are as sure as their supporters !!!! :D

jinxy lilywhite
20/10/2008, 1:21 PM
UCD to finish bottom but still stay up as the financial situation of the other 3 clubs will relegate them

Olander
20/10/2008, 1:25 PM
UCD to finish bottom but still stay up as the financial situation of the other 3 clubs will relegate them
I hope you're not a betting man Columbo.

Louth4sam
20/10/2008, 1:25 PM
I thought Galway were ok now that they reduced their playing budget?

finnpark
20/10/2008, 1:31 PM

Galway and the FAI are very close. The FAI won't deduct anything from Galway.

Its between Cobh and Galway and Galway will stay up.

Pats will probably let Galway win tonight plus Pats only played 2 days ago.

Olander
20/10/2008, 1:35 PM

Get those excuses in nice and early FunnPirk. :D:ball:

finnpark
20/10/2008, 1:41 PM
Get those excuses in nice and early FunnPirk. :D:ball:

Ha ha but I am right though ;)

GuisaSaigon
20/10/2008, 1:41 PM

What a load of bull.....
I'm sure if we are found to have broken the rules we will be dealt with accordingly. We realised we weren't going to reach our financial targets and acted responsibly to reduce our spending, unlike some other clubs.

jinxy lilywhite
20/10/2008, 2:11 PM
I hope you're not a betting man Columbo.

My User name is very apt when I come to putting my money where my mouth is.

pineapple stu
20/10/2008, 2:15 PM
I could see two staying up at a massive stretch, but not three.

I don't believe the FAI will do anything of consequence to the clubs who are overspending. But as they say about pessimists, most of the time you're right, and the rest of the time, you're pleasantly surprised. :)

JC_GUFC
20/10/2008, 3:19 PM
It's hard to see how Drogheda can get a licence for next season but leaving that alone I think there is very little between Galway and Cobh's fixtures apart from the fact that we're at home to Harps and they're at home to Bohs.

Our GD is quite a bit better so we'll finish ahead anyone if we finish level on points.

It obviously suits Harps to be written off and I definitely think they could win in Drogheda and if they needed to beat Rovers at home on the last day I'd have no doubt they would but playing like they did on Friday I can't see Galway not beating them in Terryland.

Rovers1
20/10/2008, 3:46 PM
headin meself to the Pats/Galway game tonight, should be a a decent game. As much as i hate to say it i think/hope Galway will stay up.Cobh deserve it too although. But Galway are favourites i think, especially with the fact they have to play Harps still in Terryland.

Finlay Harp
20/10/2008, 3:53 PM
Still think that Harps have as good a chance as the rest. Its been such an unpredictable league this year that anything can still happen.

finnpark
20/10/2008, 9:36 PM

If any of you have any money left get it on Galway to stay up and Harps to be relegated. You are buying money with the Harps bit and backing a dead cert with Galway.

Back to the first division for us :rolleyes: Bad news for derry and the average attendances in the league

GalwayFrancis
20/10/2008, 9:39 PM
great result for us tonight (one nil with vinny scoring his third in two - and we were with out wonder boy Jay O'Shea)

Our run in:
Derry Away
Harps Home
UCD Away

Cobh:
Bray Away
Sligo Home
Derry Away

Harps:
Drogheda Away
Galway Away
Shamrock Rovers Home

It will go down to the wire. I'm just glad that our goal difference is the best of the 3, good chance it will end up going down to that

Terry
20/10/2008, 9:42 PM
Cobh have bohs at home, not sligo

great result for us tonight (one nil with vinny scoring his third in two - and we were with out wonder boy Jay O'Shea)

Our run in:
Derry Away
Harps Home
UCD Away

Cobh:
Bray Away
Sligo Home
Derry Away

Harps:
Drogheda Away
Galway Away
Shamrock Rovers Home

It will go down to the wire. I'm just glad that our goal difference is the best of the 3, good chance it will end up going down to that

exiled_gufc_fan
20/10/2008, 9:46 PM

Our run in:
Derry Away
Harps Home
UCD Away

Cobh:
Bray Away
Bohs Home
Derry Away

Harps:
Drogheda Away
Galway Away
Shamrock Rovers Home

Not sure you should leave out UCD or even Bray who are not technically safe - and who if they play like they did on Fri in their last 3 games will possibly go down.

UCD
Bohs Home
Pats Away
Galway Home

Bray Wanderers (need 3 points to be absolutely safe, as 2 could see Galway pass them on GD)
Cobh Away
Drogheda Home
Sligo Away

cheifo
20/10/2008, 9:49 PM
Is Jay O Shea injured?
Harps will go down.Our expensively put together squad of superstars are so useless at all the things that professional footballers are meant to be good at, its quite remarkable.

Terry
20/10/2008, 9:50 PM
Jay is with the u23 international squad

cheifo
20/10/2008, 9:57 PM
Jay is with the u23 international squad

Proably discussed elsewhere but if I was a Galway fan I wouldn't be happy about that.Vital relegation saving games FFS.

Having said that it would have been great if all our first team was eligible for somebody else.

finnpark
21/10/2008, 2:57 PM
Well congratulations Galway on staying up albeit if its all a bit fixed. jeff Kenna deserves credit, he still had to win the matches.

Next year's Premier will probably look like:

Bohs
Pats
Derry
Drogs
Cork
Sligo
Shamrock
Bray
Galway
Shelbourne

Bray did very well this year. They signed very good players such as Kavanagh, Cawley, Doherty and Rowe. Fair paly to Gormely, he obviously knows the difference between dudd players and decent players.

Rovers1
21/10/2008, 2:58 PM
Well congratulations Galway on staying up albeit if its all a bit fixed.

:confused::eek:

Maroon 7
21/10/2008, 3:17 PM
Well congratulations Galway on staying up albeit if its all a bit fixed. jeff Kenna deserves credit, he still had to win the matches.

We are far from safe yet. We might have to ask for our bung back if it all goes pear-shaped in the last couple of games.

jinxy lilywhite
21/10/2008, 3:30 PM

Next year's Premier will probably look like:

Bohs
Pats
Derry
Drogs
Cork
Sligo
Shamrock
Bray
Galway
Shelbourne

Bray did very well this year. They signed very good players such as Kavanagh, Cawley, Doherty and Rowe. Fair paly to Gormely, he obviously knows the difference between dudd players and decent players.

Where you going with Shels in the premier. 1 pt seperates first from third and Shels are only on top by one goal. Still a lot of footie to be played

eamo1
21/10/2008, 3:42 PM
"Fair paly to Gormely, he obviously knows the difference between dudd players and decent players". ----Ya right,he let Jay O'Shea go to us for nothing and now hes an U21 International and going to England at the end of the season for a handy 6 figure sum.
And someone else mentioned that yes Jay should been playing for us last night and not the meaningless U23 squad.If that had been a big club they would have been allowed keep their player.Doesnt matter though.

Battery Rover
21/10/2008, 3:43 PM
Where you going with Shels in the premier. 1 pt seperates first from third and Shels are only on top by one goal. Still a lot of footie to be played

Where are you getting 1 point seperating 1st from 3rd??? Table I have says 4 points.

jinxy lilywhite
21/10/2008, 3:58 PM
My apologies. I don't know why I thought that.

Battery Rover
21/10/2008, 4:14 PM
My apologies. I don't know why I thought that.

it must be the pressure of waiting for this decision.

Take Gills advice "Pressure is only for Tyres":D

pineapple stu
21/10/2008, 4:15 PM
Waterford stand to gain two points (but not the three, as they already have one) if they are awarded the game against Athlone. That's presumably the error made.

finnpark
21/10/2008, 7:50 PM
"Fair paly to Gormely, he obviously knows the difference between dudd players and decent players". ----Ya right,he let Jay O'Shea go to us for nothing and now hes an U21 International and going to England at the end of the season for a handy 6 figure sum.
And someone else mentioned that yes Jay should been playing for us last night and not the meaningless U23 squad.If that had been a big club they would have been allowed keep their player.Doesnt matter though.

Jay O'Shea is probably another over hyped and over rated player. If Galway get enough hype behind him they will get a nice transfer fee from some stupid British club.

finnpark
21/10/2008, 7:57 PM
We are far from safe yet. We might have to ask for our bung back if it all goes pear-shaped in the last couple of games.

Ah you can just give Gallagher a few euro again and yis will be grand ;) Its not like Harps can afford to pay him anyway :o

WoodquayBoy
21/10/2008, 8:41 PM
Jay O'Shea is probably another over hyped and over rated player. If Galway get enough hype behind him they will get a nice transfer fee from some stupid British club.
Go swallow a spoon of sugar to dry and dilute some of that bitterness, you are obviously ignorant about football if you think that.
It is not hype, he is quality, and he will go to England. I would imagine Bray would benefit financially from such a move also

sadloserkid
21/10/2008, 9:43 PM
Jay O'Shea is quality. But when I think of the bile and abuse hurled at him constantly by a few morons in the new stand in Terryland back when they were losing 1-0 to Cobh on a Monday many moons ago I allow myself a wry smile.

Olander
21/10/2008, 9:48 PM
Jay O'Shea is quality. But when I think of the bile and abuse hurled at him constantly by a few morons in the new stand in Terryland back when they were losing 1-0 to Cobh on a Monday many moons ago I allow myself a wry smile.
thats about the 18th time you mentioned that

"shock horror as footballer is abused from the stand" :eek: move on!

sadloserkid
21/10/2008, 9:52 PM

If you can find 17 other references to that then I promise I will upgrade my opinion of you to actual person. Failing that I'll continue with my current view. Think of facepaint and the circus.

Olander
21/10/2008, 9:59 PM
if you cut your hair and take a shower then I promise I will upgrade my opinion of you to actual person. Failing that I'll continue with my current view. Think of Smelly hippys.

sadloserkid
21/10/2008, 10:01 PM
I guess you can't find those other 17 then huh? I must say that you're full of substance Olander.

Inside Man
21/10/2008, 10:03 PM

I haven't seen any references on the forum to this and i sure as hell do read a lot on here. Just shows how fickle fans can be and i think you must feel uncomfortable as it is Galway fans in question. And from your posts you do seem fickle.

Olander
21/10/2008, 10:03 PM
go find a bar of soap then we'll talk hippy :)

sadloserkid
21/10/2008, 10:07 PM
Don't worry about it, clearly you've nothing worth hearing to say anyway.

WoodquayBoy
21/10/2008, 10:49 PM
Damn you SLK, now I have the 'de de deddle eddle le de de de, de de deddle eddle le de de de, de deddle deddle deddle, de deddle deddle deddle, deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle' tune stuck in my head, thanks.
No, I don't have anything better to do than trying to type that phonetically!

sadloserkid
21/10/2008, 10:54 PM
Damn you SLK, now I have the 'de de deddle eddle le de de de, de de deddle eddle le de de de, de deddle deddle deddle, de deddle deddle deddle, deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle' tune stuck in my head, thanks.
No, I don't have anything better to do than trying to type that phonetically!

Not only did I have no idea what song you were referring to for about a minute but I actually reread your phonetic aid about four times looking for help. And you know what? It did help for a finish! :D

WoodquayBoy
21/10/2008, 10:58 PM
You're welcome!!

cheech
21/10/2008, 11:35 PM
What a load of crap...get a room.

Lim till i die
22/10/2008, 12:14 AM
FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!