Page 145 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 5144

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho
    Haven't you heard? It was announced earlier..
    I hadn't heard. All I needed to do was look at the poster's name and it says everything.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Whats going in here ? Two young guys who sought out Ireland in the first instance and now they dont show up, could it be they didnt want to play against Northern Ireland and Scotland maybe?
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Though they should be relishing the opportunity to stick it to all those cranks
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Whats going in here ? Two young guys who sought out Ireland in the first instance and now they dont show up, could it be they didnt want to play against Northern Ireland and Scotland maybe?
    You may be right and if that is the case well to an extent then fair enough but be a man about it and say it your manager. But the other side of the coin is that they knew that declaring for Ireland there was a possibility that this could happen. It jsut stinks really. To date McCarthy has caused more hassle than he is worth. Im willing to give Wilson some benefit of a doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    With a crucial qualifier in less than a fortnight, this is extremely disappointing. You only have to look at the likes of O'Dea, St. Ledger, Ward, Hunt and Foley (maybe even Fahey?) to see it was hardly impossible to come - the fact these guys couldn't follow suit is ridiculous. I wouldn't necessarily say Trap will shun them, but we know his form and his anger is clear. Can't say I blame him, there's no real excuse for this.

Has anyone cleared up exactly what the story with the Stoke contingent is? Did they show up late or not at all? If it's just Wilson and Walters getting slammed, did Whelan come over on his own?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    With a crucial qualifier in less than a fortnight, this is extremely disappointing. You only have to look at the likes of O'Dea, St. Ledger, Ward, Hunt and Foley (maybe even Fahey?) to see it was hardly impossible to come - the fact these guys couldn't follow suit is ridiculous. I wouldn't necessarily say Trap will shun them, but we know his form and his anger is clear. Can't say I blame him, there's no real excuse for this.

Has anyone cleared up exactly what the story with the Stoke contingent is? Did they show up late or not at all? If it's just Wilson and Walters getting slammed, did Whelan come over on his own?
    'We called these players, they didn't answer, they didn't come.

'We will have to decide why we call them up next time.

'This is their federation, the FAI. McCarthy, Wilson and Walters didn't come, they didn't bother answering.

'We have been watching these players over one month, two months.

'If they are injured that is okay but they must come to us and see our doctor. It is about respect.

'It shouldn't happen anywhere, not just Ireland.'
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    'We called these players, they didn't answer, they didn't come.

'We will have to decide why we call them up next time.

'This is their federation, the FAI. McCarthy, Wilson and Walters didn't come, they didn't bother answering.

'We have been watching these players over one month, two months.

'If they are injured that is okay but they must come to us and see our doctor. It is about respect.

'It shouldn't happen anywhere, not just Ireland.'
    Yeah I got that - it's just there was some confusion last night and Trap's track record on quote accuracy isn't the best. Whelan hasn't been mentioned at all - from those quotes it's fair to assume he did come, but wouldn't an article mention that? It's newsworthy since it damns Wilson and Walters further.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    I hope this mess will all be sorted by the Macedonia game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I want to say We should just move forward with players who want to be here... But I also would like to make a Tournament at some point.
    McCarthy is young and stupid and he is acting that way.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    The bit I don't like is the subterfuge. Just guessing, but I can't imagine Wigan trying to pull a stroke unless McCarthy asked them for help.

The lesson to be learned here is that James should have kept a few different x rays on standby, from when he really did damage his ankle.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The lesson to be learned here is that James should have kept a few different x rays on standby, from when he really did damage his ankle.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Well, Trap has said something to the effect that 'the players are like my children'.
    Anyone here with children should know without any difficulty when their kids are trying to pull a fast one. Trap knows what he has told these players about how they are expected to act and based on his experiences with them I trust his expressed position implicitly.
    McCarthy is fortunate, in a way, that he is not alone this time. I would expect Trap to give them all a serious dressing down with an ultimatum.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Seems like everyone is talking about it. http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/sport/ha...ay-footballer/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Some people have suggested that James might not want to play the country of his birth this Sunday.
    However, he played against Scotland for the U17s a few years ago: http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...k=view&id=1837
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

15. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    Nil pois to Wigan
    Not even petits ones?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soc...297761817.html

Strong words from Marco here. Think this saga is going to run into the August squad. Will he, won't he? FFS!

“James has an injury, the season for him was very hard. He played with a problem in his ankle, I believe him,” Tardelli told reporters. “For us, it is not a problem. If we call him up for the next match and he comes, it is not a problem. The problem with McCarthy is not whether he comes or not, the problem is his behaviour.”

McCarthy needs to man up and make contact with the Ireland camp in the next few days, come over, get assessed and take it from there, rather than hiding behind some dubious injury and that creep Martinez! If he can't do that then out of respect to those who turn up for every squad he should be told to toddle on and 'concentrate on his club career'.

This 'treating the best players with kid-gloves' stuff is a fundamental problem in football at all levels - and above all, the national team, the pinnacle of Irish football, should not be seen to pander to such prima donna behaviour. If McCarthy is serious about his international career then he should sort this out himself without delay. Not wanting to play against Scotland is not an excuse for his disrespect towards Trap, Marco and the FAI.

Also, in a season or two he will likely be at a big club earning squillions. Where will his 'loyalty' to Wigan be then?
    Last edited by Scooby Doo; 25/05/2011 at 3:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I think I caught a glimpse of St. Ledger sitting behind Trap whilst the anthem was being played in spite of him being injured. Positive show of commitment, that.
    thought i saw him listed as a sub?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I dont even understand the above quote from Tardelli. The behavior has been IN if he comes or not. He seemed contrite the last time and excited to get in the game.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soc...297761817.html

Strong words from Marco here. Think this saga is going to run into the August squad. Will he, won't he? FFS!

“James has an injury, the season for him was very hard. He played with a problem in his ankle, I believe him,” Tardelli told reporters. “For us, it is not a problem. If we call him up for the next match and he comes, it is not a problem. The problem with McCarthy is not whether he comes or not, the problem is his behaviour.”

McCarthy needs to man up and make contact with the Ireland camp in the next few days, come over, get assessed and take it from there, rather than hiding behind some dubious injury and that creep Martinez! If he can't do that then out of respect to those who turn up for every squad he should be told to toddle on and 'concentrate on his club career'.

This 'treating the best players with kid-gloves' stuff is a fundamental problem in football at all levels - and above all, the national team, the pinnacle of Irish football, should not be seen to pander to such prima donna behaviour. If McCarthy is serious about his international career then he should sort this out himself without delay. Not wanting to play against Scotland is not an excuse for his disrespect towards Trap, Marco and the FAI.

Also, in a season or two he will likely be at a big club earning squillions. Where will his 'loyalty' to Wigan be then?
    Tardelli reveals McCarthy has an ankle problem today (Weds).

FAI have confirmed Wigan told them about the injury on Sunday.

Yet Trap never thought to mention this injury during his outbust on Monday afternoon at his press conference when the suggestion was he'd gone AWOL.

More than one guilty party here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    thought i saw him listed as a sub?
    You're correct actually. I was under the impression he was injured.

See this match preview, for example: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/5753...reland/preview

Republic have a depleted defence to choose from with both Sean St Ledger and Richard Dunne ruled out through injury.
    Taking to the bench with injury; even more committed!