Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: End of the Ferguson Era

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    that was not good viewing for manutd fans, i watched the highlights tonight i thought fergie was going to rip into moyes at one point, hilarious. naughty neville, lucky the everton fans didn't attack him.
    Neville kicked the ball at a young fella in the stand, stupid fcuker deserves to be banned for a few matches.

Then Scholes somehow managed only to get a second yellow for giving Kilbane a kick, never intended going for the ball, cant understand why that wasnt a straight red.
    Oh no not them again

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo
    They have three basic choices, get money by loaning against the ground/season ticket sales etc, get money by selling players, or sell the club to new investors.
    How about taking it out of profits? No need for debt - they have the money. Just the board won't spend more than a certain figure a year, without selling first (and that's wage bill as much transfer fee). United don't have debt at the moment (obviously that could all change if the poison dwarf takes over), it's nothing to do with the club not having the money just the way the club manages the money. Are you Glazer in disguise with those 3 "basic" choices that there's no need to get involved with?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo
    They looked shocking tonight, their "star" defender was beaten all ends up for the Everton goal, they were blunt upfront didnt look like doing anything in terms of scoring.

Two of the supposedly clamer "older heads" got sent off, Neville should have known you cant kick the ball into the crowd like that when play is stopped. Scholes essentially just kicked Kilbane in the balls and that is always going to be at least a yellow, Ronaldo booked for another blatent dive...

That team looks a pale shadow of its former strength, and with major signings needed in central midfield, goalkeeper and perhaps a central defender in the summer, where will all the money come from to sign those players ? Their PLC have said they blew all the money on Rooney... They have three basic choices, get money by loaning against the ground/season ticket sales etc, get money by selling players, or sell the club to new investors. If they dont rebuild the team urgently they'll get left behind in Europe and the Premiership.
    i said this earlier in this thread that buying rooney was a huge mistake when they needed a keeper defender and 2 midfielders .

they are going to have to find the cash from some where coz they owe everton another 10 mill this year 11 if they win the fa cup !. and 5 the following year .

scholes was very dirty last night could have been sent off ny half time fully deserved a straight red for lashing out at kilbane . neville as well you cant kick a ball into the face of some kid in the family enclosure with out expecting a red .

everton deserved it last night thats 4 points off utd this season !!!

plus one of my mates sits behind the away dugout rooney asked to be taken off 3 times during the game he was nt happy . colleen is going to get a few slaps !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [

scholes was very dirty last night could have been sent off ny half time fully deserved a straight red for lashing out at kilbane . neville as well you cant kick a ball into the face of some kid in the family enclosure with out expecting a red .

I am sure that Gary Neville did not think oh its the family enclosure and I am going to kick it into some kids face. It does not work that way he was ****ed off and he seemed to have a chip on his shoulder all night and he kicked the ball in frustration. If it happens to hit a kida in the family enclosure well thats unfortunate. He deserved to be sent off but people always try to make it sound worse but throwing in things like family enlosure and bringing kids into etc. The fact was he kicked the ball into the crowd and that cant be defended and he was rightly sent off and so was Scholes too. Utd really lost the rag last night I thougt.

So who do people thing should replace Ferguson if he goes.

I think Capello would do a good job for them.
    In Trap we trust

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    How about taking it out of profits? No need for debt - they have the money. Just the board won't spend more than a certain figure a year, without selling first (and that's wage bill as much transfer fee).
    Well thats true they do make a fair bit of profit each year. But as I understand it, as a PLC the amount of money they spend has/will have a huge impact on share price. It think if they spent a lot of their profits on transfer fees, and the signings didnt come off, then the share price could plummet. Being a PLC is a mixed blessing, share price really affects the club, both on and off the field.

The other thing to bear in mind is Man Utd's other expenses. The stadium increase this summer will cost a lot of money, also if they offer Ferdinand his £120,000 then (assuming they have a wage structure) this will bump up other players wages by a significant amount, if they dont give him that wage then he could well leave on a bosman, leaving them out of pocket and having to shell out for a new center back. Also I dont think Ferguson will still be manager in 2-3 years, the new manager will need cash to build his own team, and in that time players like Roy Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Neville will have retired (or at the very least will be that bit older and could well have passed the peak of their game). At the moment there seems to be a bit of lack of young players of genuine quality coming through the youth system, so it looks like money will have to be spent.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=NeilMcD][

I am sure that Gary Neville did not think oh its the family enclosure and I am going to kick it into some kids face.

QUOTE]
    ID normally belive that but for the fact utd got in piles of trouble for inciting the same fans in the same spot last year .but at least he got punished and that should be the end of it .

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    ID normally belive that but for the fact utd got in piles of trouble for inciting the same fans in the same spot last year .but at least he got punished and that should be the end of it .
    Gary Neville is a petulant runt with a massive attitude problem. I hope they throw the book at the whiney little prat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    Gary Neville is a petulant runt with a massive attitude problem. I hope they throw the book at the whiney little prat
    Remember the Manchester derby, when schmeichel was playing for City?(United lost)
    Neviles attitude that day was digusting, and henceforth has made me hate him even more.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper
    Remember the Manchester derby, when schmeichel was playing for City?(United lost)
    Neviles attitude that day was digusting, and henceforth has made me hate him even more.
    not really. I don't tend to watch premiership football that much- just the goals. But Neville always comes across as an utterly detestable individual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, he was captain that day.He wouldn't shake schmeichels hand, and details are a bit skechy, but I think he was at blame for the 2 goals.Perfect match for the Gary Neville haters amongst us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    So who do people thing should replace Ferguson if he goes.

I think Capello would do a good job for them.

Certianly not O'Neill anyway. I've always liked Moyes as a manager, was tipped for the united no. 2 post a few years back. I reckon he could do a very good job at Man U.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    But Neville always comes across as an utterly detestable individual.

Thats because he is !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345