Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: End of the Ferguson Era

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think its unrealistic for people to expect anything else - its a publicly traded company - this is what you get! United fans and various groupings will huff and puff but it doesnt make a whit of difference - money talks and Glazer's just another buyer for a commodity - its not as if the fat cats who own most of it already arent a bunch of profiteering bastids who dnt care a hoot about the club or its traditions - its time united fans woke up to business realities

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    While to a certain extent it's been inevitable since flotation a main reason for United fans' opposition is that Glazer is esentially hoping to buy the club and use the club and its assets to pay off his costs accrued in buying it, leaving him with control of an £800m company with feck all personal investment from himself. Most revenues generated would go back into paying his enormous loans, meaning hugely jacked up ticket prices and feck all money being spent on the team, it's not like it's going to be an Abramovich situation.

At least at the moment it's being run prudently and making good profits each year, hard to see how that would continue if it were saddled with hundreds of millions worth of debt. He was talking about a sale and lease back of the ground in his previous bid, it's disaster waiting to happen
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo
    Well I wouldn’t bet against him getting the club. He's been bidding for them for over a year now, each time he's rejected he comes back with an even bigger offer.
    No he hasn't - the bid isn't bigger, just has the debt structured in a different way. I remain hopeful that the board will not recommend this to the shareholders. If they do recommend it, let the dirty war begin in earnest.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they can only refuse it if they have some bona fide financial objection apparnetly - the deal this time is financed more on his assets than man uniteds existing - so looks a no brainer

I look forward to the companys aggressive expansion into the United States and the moving of the franchise to Albaquerke (sp?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Man Utd have probles all over the pitch. They need a new keeper, a brilliant keeper to start with. Howard might be ok for a number 2.

In the center of the park the need a new holding midfield player, I dont think Roy is pulling the strings like he used to. A replacement for scholes is needed too. Giggs is passed it, rarely produces it now. Ronaldo is a wait and see, he has all the flicks but isnt very effective.

RVN is world class and just needs a few games. Rooney has yet to prove himself at the highest level (i.e champions league) and I dont rate him yet as good as RVN. Probably just needs another season or two.

Fergie has to go IMO, look at the United bench versus Milans bench, all the crap players fergie bought when they are clearly not up to the job. Too many poor decisons from an old man IMO. I cant see United challanging for Europe for a few more seasons

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fergie has made 2 huge mistakes this season 1 buying rooney instead of a keeper a defender and a midfeilder . 2 was his tactics at old trafford in the first leg .

plus all the bad buys he has made jemba jemba kleberson miller silvestre howard .

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

If he had put out his strongest side against Fernabace in the last game he would not have been facing AC Milan but Werder Bremen instead. He would have beatne them and with Van Nettlesoup back match fit his team would have been better prepared.

Whatever would Mick mcCarthy say about such a naieve decision

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    I cant see United challanging for Europe for a few more seasons
    I agree with that, they seem to be standing still in terms of ability while a lot of the other big teams around them (Juve, Milan, Barca, Chelsea) have improved. He's brought 3 strikers (Smith, Saha and Rooney) over the past year or so each costing a significant amount of money, when he might have been better investing in one of either a decent goalie, holding midfielder or center back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That was the nail in the coffin last night

Wonder when will Fergie retire??
    Will he wait and see can united come back..
    Should have done it 2 seasons ago when united were still doing well and end on a high..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eh jumping the gun or wha?
    They've been beaten by the team who imo will go on and lift the cl, milan are a world class side much higher standard side than united at the moment.
    As for Giggs being past it he's just recovered from injury before that he was in flying form scoring in I think 4 of the previous games, I'm sure someone will have the correct stats.
    Fergie has fluffed up on the buying this season but when hasn't he, he's always tended to get excited and buy one too many of what was required.
    This situation is not alien to united it's just now they have competition who when they slip up are there to slip ahead up until 4 or 5 years ago this wasn't the case and united could afford the slip ups.
    I wouldn't be putting fergie into the retirement home just yet I have faith he'll be back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Looks like united will get a big cash injection in the summer after Glazer takes over, so they'll get a keeper then (hopefully save Given from that dyer team he's at), Then all they need really is a Keano replacement, next year could be Millers year, Keane and Fergie really rate him. I hate the Man U scum but I can see them bouncing back next year and surprising everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M@ttitude
    Then all they need really is a Keano replacement, next year could be Millers year, Keane and Fergie really rate him.
    Believe it or not Liam Miller is now 24 and has yet to have ever established himself as regular in his professional career. It's getting a bit late for it to be his year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    His first season wasn't a success at united!! Didnt really get enough time to show himself with man u going through the menopause, but just dont write him off yet.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Manchester Uinted haven't made a CL final since they were lucky to win it. Think they've only made one semi final since then too. Ironically they seem to have tightened their defense but with all their forwards now lack goals.

Keane will only get worse, Giggs and Scholes haven't the motivation anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

King Scum

Good riddance to Ferguson when he goes and long live the demise of Manchester United. The pomp and arrogance since 1990 was disgusting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Manchester Uinted haven't made a CL final since they were lucky to win it. Think they've only made one semi final since then too. Ironically they seem to have tightened their defense but with all their forwards now lack goals.

Keane will only get worse, Giggs and Scholes haven't the motivation anymore.
    Since United won it in 1999, they have only won ONE match over two legs. Forget that group stage nonsense. The beat Deportivo in the QFs in 2001. Every other year they have been knocked out 'at the first hurdle'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    I see Fergie is in the paper today slagging off Chelsea. AGAIN. Such a bitter, jealous pr*ck

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    Good riddance to Ferguson when he goes and long live the demise of Manchester United. The pomp and arrogance since 1990 was disgusting.
    ..... all hail the new pomp and arrogance of Chelsea .....

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    They looked shocking tonight, their "star" defender was beaten all ends up for the Everton goal, they were blunt upfront didnt look like doing anything in terms of scoring.

Two of the supposedly clamer "older heads" got sent off, Neville should have known you cant kick the ball into the crowd like that when play is stopped. Scholes essentially just kicked Kilbane in the balls and that is always going to be at least a yellow, Ronaldo booked for another blatent dive...

That team looks a pale shadow of its former strength, and with major signings needed in central midfield, goalkeeper and perhaps a central defender in the summer, where will all the money come from to sign those players ? Their PLC have said they blew all the money on Rooney... They have three basic choices, get money by loaning against the ground/season ticket sales etc, get money by selling players, or sell the club to new investors. If they dont rebuild the team urgently they'll get left behind in Europe and the Premiership.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    that was not good viewing for manutd fans, i watched the highlights tonight i thought fergie was going to rip into moyes at one point, hilarious. naughty neville, lucky the everton fans didn't attack him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast