Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Shels (H) 16-10-13

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Shels (H) 16-10-13

No centre halves. No manager or assistant manager. Playing a team fighting for their lives.
    I'm going to say Limerick 1 - 2 Shels

I'll be happy if we come out with no red cards
    Would like to see a big crowd for last home game of season, sadly, I think people will continue to stay away.

Predictions?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    0-0. Shels remain terrible, Limerick are in holiday mode. 750-ish at it.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Looks like Calla's last game (at home at least) for Limerick FC, decent reception for him coming off but id say more would like to have known he was finishing up with us to give him a better send off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Live95FM guys had a right go at "those forums" that have criticised him this season. I can only assume they're talking about Foot? Not the first time they've bitched about online criticism.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Live95FM guys had a right go at "those forums" that have criticised him this season. I can only assume they're talking about Foot? Not the first time they've bitched about online criticism.
    Bitched about Calla?

I don't think anyone has been overly critical about Calla. Certainly most would complain about the defense as a whole and not just one player and in some games this season it was certainly justified.

Some of the younger lads impressed tonight despite the step up from 19's and deserve a mention.

Colm Murphy: I was really impressed with him. He was calm and collected on the ball and 9 times out of 10 picked out the right pass, deserves another chance and unlucky to come off injured.
    Tony Whitehead: A few small dodgy moments but overall was composed. A player with a bright future ahead of him.
    Kieran O Hanlon: Was dangerous enough on the counter but didn't really have enough time to really show what he can do.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You seem to have a problem with 95fm i see from your last few posts do you work for Spin fm??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    They're morons. They were so busy talking BS about the club and past games that they only noticed Gaffney's goal after it went in.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Bitched about Calla?

I don't think anyone has been overly critical about Calla. Certainly most would complain about the defense as a whole and not just one player and in some games this season it was certainly justified.

Some of the younger lads impressed tonight despite the step up from 19's and deserve a mention.

Colm Murphy: I was really impressed with him. He was calm and collected on the ball and 9 times out of 10 picked out the right pass, deserves another chance and unlucky to come off injured.
    Tony Whitehead: A few small dodgy moments but overall was composed. A player with a bright future ahead of him.
    Kieran O Hanlon: Was dangerous enough on the counter but didn't really have enough time to really show what he can do.

Agree with you Jofspring, i thought Colm Murphy and Tony Whitehead did very well. Murphy was excellent on the ball and showed strength and pace to cover back and tackle when necessary. Whitehead's positioning was decent enough but thought he got caught out a couple of times but that was down to inexperience moreso I reckon, more involvement at the top level and I reckon he'll be a very good player for the club!

Red was unlucky that he didnt get much involvement with the first team until the end of the season, decent young player but dont think he's going to be a 20 goal a season player at this level and thats what we need, def worth giving him a year to see if he can progress furhter though!
    Some good 19's players coming through and with the proper mix of youth and experience then the club should definitely push on from an excellent first year back in Premier. I thought he did better in the 20 mins he was on then Barry Sheedy tbh.

On a side note, it was great to see the 16's and 15's at half time last night, some talented players on both teams and it must have been a great experience for them to play in Thomond Park in front of the home supporters!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They're morons. They were so busy talking BS about the club and past games that they only noticed Gaffney's goal after it went in.
    Your right they should have noticed it before it went in all good commentators can do that and no way should be talking about the club or past games on the night of the last home game of the season should have spoke about Emmerdale or Fair City it would have made way more sense!! Thank God i was out there and didnt have to listen to it..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    another good result,and while shels missed a few chances our inexperienced team did ok and always good to keep the clean sheet.some of those 19s look promising and might make the step up in time.agree with NFB on 95fm soccer crew , incompetent,often factually incorrect,unprofessional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Didn't hear 95FM, was it Aherne and O'Donnell again? Surprised to hear that from 2 lads with such knowledge and experience in the game. Was it personal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Bird View Post
    Your right they should have noticed it before it went in all good commentators can do that and no way should be talking about the club or past games on the night of the last home game of the season should have spoke about Emmerdale or Fair City it would have made way more sense!! Thank God i was out there and didnt have to listen to it..
    They can talk about whatever the hell they want, within the general remit of football, when the ball is dead, not in the build-up to and then just as the only goal of the game is scored. I say BS in the "random blather" sense. The two lads just don't seem to care that much about what's actually happening on the pitch for large parts.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know one of the lads to talk to don't know the other seem like two good lads tuned in a few times when I couldn't make it to the game and its an honest opinion they give I think.. I read the match reports afterwards they don't seem far off and to be fair if they behaved like fans it would be biast and boring...seems like a personal attack to me but sur what the hell do I know... roll on the brandywell and a night out in Derry

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    There were a couple of cretins very critical of Calla on Facebook early in the season alright. I presume that's what they were talking about? Overall I thought he did well when fit.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.