Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bray (A) 13-10-13

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Bray (A) 13-10-13

Have had a long rest between this and the Bohs game. Really should be winning this, but slightly worried because its a dead rubber for us and Bray are fighting for their lives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    That was a truly awful showing today. Few of the lads really trying to make things happen but just never got it going. poor Gaffney was stranded all game with no support.

Taylor being sent off is a joke just shut up ffs we now have no centre backs no manager and no assistant manager available Wednesday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    That was a truly awful showing today. Few of the lads really trying to make things happen but just never got it going. poor Gaffney was stranded all game with no support.

Taylor being sent off is a joke just shut up ffs we now have no centre backs no manager and no assistant manager available Wednesday.
    Does Taylor get an automatic touch line ban? That is crazy... leaves us with Just Eddie Hickey and the physio in the dug out against another team fighting for their lives.

Have heard he's been telling the players during the week who's being kept and who's being left go. Haven't heard who is going though.
    Strange time to do it but I suppose at least he's being organised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Does Taylor get an automatic touch line ban? That is crazy... leaves us with Just Eddie Hickey and the physio in the dug out against another team fighting for their lives.

Have heard he's been telling the players during the week who's being kept and who's being left go. Haven't heard who is going though.
    Strange time to do it but I suppose at least he's being organised.

I think he gets an automatic ban alright. Will be be banned for 3 or 4 games too id imagine as its not his first time.

He said something about telling the players so they are not going in to tthe break uncertain because it is no good for them and their families which seems fair.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think he gets an automatic ban alright. Will be be banned for 3 or 4 games too id imagine as its not his first time.

He said something about telling the players so they are not going in to tthe break uncertain because it is no good for them and their families which seems fair.
    Bit of a shambles that is... Shels will fancy their chances. Pity about that, going in to it with no centre halves and only your goalkeeping coach on the bench for the last home game of the season.

I suppose you can't fault him for that really. At least we should have our business done nice and early which will be a good change.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    given the recent good run we were on the result v bray is disappointing,however our recent points haul has been more than respectable,but ...once again taylor sent from the line,his assistant already in the sinbin ,not the first time for either of them either.time for the chairman to crack the whip here, their conduct is not professional enough and before anyone mentions :his passion:that should not translate into getting sent off 3 or 4 times in one season.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    We all like a bit of passion but they need to know when to take a step back also.

Disappointing result and I wouldn't be optimistic Wednesday with no Oji or Folan available.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    We all like a bit of passion but they need to know when to take a step back also.

Disappointing result and I wouldn't be optimistic Wednesday with no Oji or Folan available.
    Centre half pairing of Williams and Nzuzi? Or Williams and Calla. May as well play Tony Whitehead in there. It's a dead rubber for us, we'll barely scratch 1,000 in attendance so why not start him...

I think refs have just been waiting for a chance to send him off this season to be fair. They all talk, so once one of them gets abused, the next one is just waiting for a chance.

It'll be an interesting few weeks now to see what goes on squad wise. I heard a rumour already of Fabio O'Brien saying he was interested in coming down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    In all fairness he gives refs the chance to send him off...takes too much notice of the crowd as well..thing with the lineswoman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    In all fairness he gives refs the chance to send him off...takes too much notice of the crowd as well..thing with the lineswoman
    Nail on the head there, he was giving the 4th official absolute dogs abuse, fully deserved to go.

Overall Bray deserved to win, we were well on top in the first half and should have been 2/3 up at half time.

Last 10/15 mins Bray were extremely nervous and just kept dropping deeper and deeper although Quigley did not have one save of note to make during the entire 90 mins, butr did almost cost us from the free kick that came off the post, he seemed to think it was going well wide and pulled his hands back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

What was this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    What was this?
    Ah just something stupid I remembered from the Bohs match, a young fella was roaring asking Taylor what her a**e was like and he responded to him...nothing really...annoyed me at the time though but then that isn't hard

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ah just something stupid I remembered from the Bohs match, a young fella was roaring asking Taylor what her a**e was like and he responded to him...nothing really...annoyed me at the time though but then that isn't hard
    that is very unprofessional of him to get involved. With his conduct on the sidelines, sending off's etc you would have to question is conduct to some extent.

I think letting players know in advance of the break is a good idea.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bit of a shambles that is... Shels will fancy their chances. Pity about that, going in to it with no centre halves and only your goalkeeping coach on the bench for the last home game of the season.

I suppose you can't fault him for that really. At least we should have our business done nice and early which will be a good change.
    how big is the squad that it seems so desimated at the moment?

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I heard a rumour already of Fabio O'Brien saying he was interested in coming down.
    I was fully sure he'd said he was retiring. Maybe next season was going to be his last though...

Safe enough for us all to assume the guys left out of the last few squads are going to be released I'd say.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Safe enough for us all to assume the guys left out of the last few squads are going to be released I'd say.
    Barr Curran and Galbraith who are both already under contract for next season.

Axel gone going by twitter.