Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sean Connor

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    That said, it was the best decision our former board ever made.
    To appoint him or to sack him?

Only kidding you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayjames View Post
    A winter of uncertainty for Dundalk it seems though Stephen Kenny is the best option and should attract some of his current lot from Derry so maybe not too bad.
    A winter of uncertainty looms for most clubs and players with about 90% of players out of contract

Quote Originally Posted by Infadel View Post
    ....despite the fact our board are trying to be realistic with regards to next seasons budget he still wanted a full time outfit with a similar budget
    Dundalk will most likely be full time or mainly full time next season with the budget being described today as "slightly less then this season" (i.e. close to the current €9k - which will probably have equal buying power in a depressed player market)

Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    I think this will be a blessing in disguise for us in the long run.
    I suspect you are right

Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    BTW if connor wanted to stay he would off taken any budget on offer from the board and worked with that
    This was speculated on in local media recently, but I think this is a total red herring for the reasons stated above about the budget. His departure has nothing to do with the budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    First of all, I'd like to thank Sean Connor for re-establishing Dundalk as a Permier League club.

Secondly, I think it is a wise decision for him to move on. He carries far too much baggage and brought undue attention on the club from officials. His man-mangement and ability to enforce discipline is also suspect.

Dundalk will now be in a position to attract a much better manager than last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank Sean Connor for re-establishing Dundalk as a Permier League club.

Secondly, I think it is a wise decision for him to move on. He carries far too much baggage and brought undue attention on the club from officials. His man-mangement and ability to enforce discipline is also suspect.

Dundalk will now be in a position to attract a much better manager than last year.
    Will we or will available managers out there see the job and go "oh thats that club who sack their manager for achieving success every year...better not go there or ill be sacked if I dont win the Champions League"!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Will we or will available managers out there see the job and go "oh thats that club who sack their manager for achieving success every year...better not go there or ill be sacked if I dont win the Champions League"!
    Stephen Kenny is pretty much there as it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Sacking John Gill, and particularly the manner of the dismissal, was very disrespectful.

Connor leaving is very different. However many clubs would tolerate our disiplinary record this year?

I don't see Connor departure as scareing top managers.

There will only be four clubs with 2,000 plus crowds next season, Rovers, Bohs, Cork (if they survive), and Dundalk.

Fenlon and O'Neill are going nowhere. Dundalk are one of the few available top jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Sacking John Gill, and particularly the manner of the dismissal, was very disrespectful.

Connor leaving is very different. However many clubs would tolerate our disiplinary record this year?

I don't see Connor departure as scareing top managers.

There will only be four clubs with 2,000 plus crowds next season, Rovers, Bohs, Cork (if they survive), and Dundalk.

Fenlon and O'Neill are going nowhere. Dundalk are one of the few available top jobs.
    But what Im saying is that managers at the moment will be looking for some sort of stability in a job that if they do a decent job, they'll be kept on the season after but with constant changes year after year there will be doubts in their minds in going for the DFC job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    But what Im saying is that managers at the moment will be looking for some sort of stability in a job that if they do a decent job, they'll be kept on the season after but with constant changes year after year there will be doubts in their minds in going for the DFC job.
    I suspect that Dundalk will also be looking for stability in the managerial appointment.

The potential is there for all to see - good support, a decent budget, an intelligent and pragmatic owner in Gerry Matthews, a €5.5m Youth Development Centre.

If Pat Fenlon is the most successful current manager in LoI, he did not appear to be unduly worried about becoming the 8th Bohs manager in 10 years when he took over (by contrast Dundalk have had 9 managers in the 25 years since 1974!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

Alot of our fans are fickle, if we start the season well we could easily get 2,000 at our home games
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    If Pat Fenlon is the most successful current manager in LoI, he did not appear to be unduly worried about becoming the 8th Bohs manager in 10 years when he took over (by contrast Dundalk have had 9 managers in the 25 years since 1974!)
    just to set the record straight, Pat Fenlon is our tenth manager since 1974. Your next will be your tenth since 1974. Samesies...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    connor is the most obnoxious little piece of s--t it has been my misfortune to meet and chris turner has signed a pre contract agreement with shamrock rovers and you can expect a few more to leave

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    just to set the record straight, Pat Fenlon is our tenth manager since 1974. Your next will be your tenth since 1974. Samesies...
    Or to put Ezeikial's twisting of statistics in better perspective, Fenlon is our 11th manager in 119 years.

Or to directly respond to his "8th manager in 10 years" comment, Fenlon is also our 8th manager in 16 years. Your new manager will be your 8th in the same period.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    [QUOTE=showgies;1259730]
    Faz
    Sean had him in the middle of the park, he only really shone for us when Leo Tierney played him up front.

Adam Hughes – Sean saw him as a right winger, when moved into middle of the park by Cook, he became a threat and scored more goals

[/QUOTE

I think you're getting mixed up there showgies, Connor usually played Faz on the wing and it was Cook who moved Hughes to right wing to accomadate his chubby scouser mate Mark Boyd, agree with the rest of yuor post though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    That's not at all like Ezekiel to be incorrect with figures concerning Bohs - he's normally so clued up about that area of the League.

Or so he keeps telling us...
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappagh Red View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    Faz
    Sean had him in the middle of the park, he only really shone for us when Leo Tierney played him up front.

Adam Hughes – Sean saw him as a right winger, when moved into middle of the park by Cook, he became a threat and scored more goals
    I think you're getting mixed up there showgies, Connor usually played Faz on the wing and it was Cook who moved Hughes to right wing to accomadate his chubby scouser mate Mark Boyd, agree with the rest of yuor post though
    Nope, he's right.

Hughes was number 7 for us in 2006, and played on the right wing. Faz and O'Grady were in the middle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    It's a shame that Connor's gone - he was lining up this new signing for next season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Piuuqqs10
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Man that's hot. See ya all tomorrow, I'm clocking off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    That's not at all like Ezekiel to be incorrect with figures concerning Bohs - he's normally so clued up about that area of the League.

Or so he keeps telling us...
    Some of you guys are so touchy - and seem very eager to take offense.

If you care to read the post, the central point was not about your beloved Bohemian FC (more obsession about being anti-Bohs), but about was making the point that a following a period of managerial changes at a club need not be a barrier to the incoming manager.

For the record, what I said about managerial changes at Bohs is factually correct (as is what Stu said)

Including Pat Fenlons appointment in 2007 the list is:
    1) Pat Fenlon
    2) Sean Connor
    3) Gareth Farrelly
    4) Stephen Kenny
    5) Pete Mahon
    6) Roddy Collins
    7) Joe McGrath
    8) Turlough O'Connor

While I don't think you are right, I do appreciate your compliment on being "clued up" on Bohs - you are a right flatterer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    If you care to read the post, the central point was not about your beloved Bohemian FC (more obsession about being anti-Bohs), but about was making the point that a following a period of managerial changes at a club need not be a barrier to the incoming manager.
    to be fair i got the point you were making - but because you chose Bohs as your comparator, i was just providing the correct stats for us since 1974 which is what you used for yourselves....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    It's a shame that Connor's gone - he was lining up this new signing for next season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Piuuqqs10
    not going to give me any credit for unearthing that gem then Reitoir? Bad form ya thieving gypsy

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast