Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Next Zidane.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The Next Zidane.....

A French guy in work was raving about young Yoann Gourcuff as the next Zidane. If you have a look at his goal against PSG its easy to see why.

[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#808080]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fF6dbaczPb8

[/COLOR][/FONT]Anyway it got me thinking, who do people think are the next generation of big players headed for the big time. Young guys at little clubs who are destined for greatness (or predictions of greatness before they fall into mediocrity). People like Benzema dont really count because Lyon are a big enough club already and Gourcuff is already signed to AC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
    A French guy in work was raving about young Yoann Gourcuff as the next Zidane. If you have a look at his goal against PSG its easy to see why.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fF6dbaczPb8
    Anyway it got me thinking, who do people think are the next generation of big players headed for the big time. Young guys at little clubs who are destined for greatness (or predictions of greatness before they fall into mediocrity). People like Benzema dont really count because Lyon are a big enough club already and Gourcuff is already signed to AC.
    By any chance was he in a straight jacket and bouncing off walls in the process of this uthering these "out of this world" remarks???
    "Joe Jordan is off to watch Young Boys tomorrow" Ian Darke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#808080]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fF6dbaczPb8

[/COLOR][/FONT]Anyway it got me thinking, who do people think are the next generation of big players headed for the big time. Young guys at little clubs who are destined for greatness (or predictions of greatness before they fall into mediocrity). People like Benzema dont really count because Lyon are a big enough club already and Gourcuff is already signed to AC.
    1 great goal does not even get you close to zidane
    still has a long way to go to be mentioned in same class as zidane

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Gourcuff? He's been around for a few years now. He's never really done anything to impress until this year. New Zidane? Absolutely no way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Kaka is about as close as we'll get to Zidane, and he's still a couple of miles away

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Alan Dzagoev

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Maroon View Post
    Gourcuff? He's been around for a few years now. He's never really done anything to impress until this year. New Zidane? Absolutely no way!
    Agreed.

He's not even the new Djorkaeff.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    some goal though to be fair
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    I think the media made Zidane look better than he was, I thought he was average player with great skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I think the media made Zidane look better than he was, I thought he was average player with great skill.
    That's probably the most ridiculous comment I've seen on here in the past 5 minutes (this place is full of them to be fair).

That a large section of British and Irish football fans regard him as the greatest footballer of our generation, despite the almost Stalinist blackout of continential football coverage in our newspapers and on our TVs is a testament to the man's ability.

Also how can you be an average player with great skill? He had one of the best footballing minds I've ever seen on the pitch, as was evident in the amount of defenders he used to leave looking foolish despite not being blessed with great pace, his first touch and general control of the ball was out of this world, he was a good finisher, great passer and generally his only two negatives were his pace and temper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Anyway it got me thinking, who do people think are the next generation of big players headed for the big time. Young guys at little clubs who are destined for greatness (or predictions of greatness before they fall into mediocrity). People like Benzema dont really count because Lyon are a big enough club already and Gourcuff is already signed to AC.
    No one has actually responded to this part yet.

The players of the next generation that I've seen most and know most about are the likes of Lorenzo Ariaudo, Fausto Rossi, Iago Falque, Luca Castiglia and Simone Esposito who are in Juve's Primavera (under 20) team.

Ariaudo is a centre back who is likely to make his competitive first team debut tomorrow night vs Lazio. He's composed on the ball and has a mature head on his young shoulders.

Rossi is a quick litte winger. He impressed in the Emirates Cup at the start of this season.

Iago is a winger/attacking mid that came from Barca's youth system. Has been compared to both Xavi and Messi. If he turn out to be half as good as one of those he'll a good player.

Castiglia is a centre mid. Very good passer. He has appeared for the senior team already. He's been compared to Andrea Pirlo.

There's also Sebatian Giovinco, Claudio Marchisio and Paolo De Ceglie but they've all played in Serie A and the Champions League a fair bit already so I supposed they don't count.

Elsewhere in Italy there is: (some of these these might be too well known) Lorenzo Di Silvestre (Lazio), Pato (AC Milan), Stevan Jovetic (Fiorentia), Jeremy Menez (Roma), Luca Cigarini (Atalanta), Alexis Sanchez (Udinese), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Fiorentina), Robert Acquafresca (Inter), Marek Hamsík, Fabiano Santacroce, Ezequiel Lavezzi (all Napoli),Vincenzo Fiorillo, Bruno Fornaroli (both Sampdoria), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Alberto Paloschi (Parma).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    That's probably the most ridiculous comment I've seen on here in the past 5 minutes (this place is full of them to be fair).

That a large section of British and Irish football fans regard him as the greatest footballer of our generation, despite the almost Stalinist blackout of continential football coverage in our newspapers and on our TVs is a testament to the man's ability.

Also how can you be an average player with great skill? He had one of the best footballing minds I've ever seen on the pitch, as was evident in the amount of defenders he used to leave looking foolish despite not being blessed with great pace, his first touch and general control of the ball was out of this world, he was a good finisher, great passer and generally his only two negatives were his pace and temper.
    I completely disagree that he was a good finisher, he only averaged 8-9 goals a season from about 40-45 games a season. His passing was not that great he never troubled defenders/midfielders from it and also I do not remember him setting up players regularly, it seems one great through ball from him is remembered rather than all of the failed ones and majority of players would be the same.

He only ever did his skill away from the defender rather than straight in front them, which is why he had successful rate. I have seen more from Messi than I have in the whole of Zidane's career. There is no point trying to convince me, I believe it is shame that a player like him is compared to Pele, Maradona, Cryuff etc.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Unbelievable goal.
    Was watching the game on Setanta last week when it happened and was in awe of the boy but it wasn't till I looked it up on youtube later in the week and heard the reaction of the French commentators that I realised exactly how good a goal it was.
    To appreciate it you need the French commentary just so you can hear the reactions.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    I completely disagree that he was a good finisher, he only averaged 8-9 goals a season from about 40-45 games a season.
    He averaged a goal every 3 games for France.

"Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    I do not take international goals seriously, look at David Healy and even Robbie Keane records, does not sense most of the time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There will never be another like Zizou. Especially not this guy..

And for you TheBoss, your comments are a laughing stock. Get a grip.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post

Here here..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Personally, after watching the Real v Deportivo at the weekend, Valeron got his first start for 3 years, and I saw a player no different to Zidane, what Zidane did, Valeron matches it, can someone actually give me a valid point in this case, what differences are there between these players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Personally, after watching the Real v Deportivo at the weekend, Valeron got his first start for 3 years, and I saw a player no different to Zidane, what Zidane did, Valeron matches it, can someone actually give me a valid point in this case, what differences are there between these players.
    Do you know what, your obviously looking for a rise. Because nobody is that clueless.
    Get a life man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    A sign of giving in, is a sign of defeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast