Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Reid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macdermesser View Post
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle342775.html

Off to Sheff Wednesday now on loan - with every passing day, Trap's remarks on Reid seem to be more on the money then Sam Alldardyce baffling outburst in response
    I'd be more baffled if a manager didn't stick up for his player (whether he believes it or not).

I think it's pretty clear that Steven is going to have to find a new club in the summer. Hopefully it's at Premier League level- he's too good for the Championship.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sadly it seems Steven Reid cannot be considered a good option for Irelands mid-field, too injury-prone and not enough first-team football. It's a pity cos he has great heart and great strength.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    hes joined west brom on a months loan.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    hes joined west brom on a months loan.
    Was too good to be true.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    a year is a long time. just after he was injuried we were all peed off. now i dont think he would dislodge whelan or andrews. hope he can get back to where he was somehow. still think he and whelan offer the most if he regains his form.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    a year is a long time. just after he was injuried we were all peed off. now i dont think he would dislodge whelan or andrews. hope he can get back to where he was somehow. still think he and whelan offer the most if he regains his form.
    Agree wouldnt right the lad off just yet, he was never going to come back from that injury and hit the ground running. He needs a steady spell of games and injury free. If we could get him back fit, he would form a decent midfield with Whelan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    I think we should pause for a moment and consider that many people were writing off Duff as being finished and past it not too long ago, when he too was coming back slowly from injury.
    Reid is an athlete, has a good character, is still reasonably young and I'd say he has every chance of getting back to his best.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    I think we should pause for a moment and consider that many people were writing off Duff as being finished and past it not too long ago, when he too was coming back slowly from injury.
    Reid is an athlete, has a good character, is still reasonably young and I'd say he has every chance of getting back to his best.

I'd agree with this. Reid played 90 minutes for West Brom today which is a good sign that he is making progress with his comeback. Whether at Blackburn or elsewhere I'm still hoping to see a fully fit Stephen Reid (after a full pre-season) for the start of next season which can only be a good thing for Ireland.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Managers baffle me sometimes. West Brom get a player of Steven Reid class on loan and then proceed to play him at right back. No doubt he can play there but if Steven Reid plays well there isnt another center midfielder in the Championship that even gets close to him. Even a half fit Steven Reid is better than 90% of the midfielders in that league
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 09/03/2010 at 8:29 PM.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    He hasn't really played a tonne of football Razor. He'll probably start at right full, and once his fitness levels are back up move to a more central role.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    He hasn't really played a tonne of football Razor. He'll probably start at right full, and once his fitness levels are back up move to a more central role.
    yeah u are probably right, but I still think a 50% fit Reid is still better than most in that division.It could also have been that West Brom were short at right back for tonight and needed him to fill in... in which case Im just being a whinging idiot
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    yeah u are probably right, but I still think a 50% fit Reid is still better than most in that division.It could also have been that West Brom were short at right back for tonight and needed him to fill in... in which case Im just being a whinging idiot
    Yeah, I think we have to give West Brom credit too. They're in a race for promotion, and in that situation they don't want to risk putting in an unfit player into the middle of the park on his debut with them. He's an asset to them, but playing at right back will allow him to get to know his teammates and get his fitness levels up without potentially opening them up in the middle of the park if he can't keep up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Good to see him now with 180 mins under his belt. Would actually prefer him to stay with WB as he'd only be taking andrews role with Blackburn. Since W.Brom are very likely to be promoted it's 1 more midfielder playing in the premiership, rather than 2 scrapping for the same spot. Dont think allardyce will sell though if he stays fit

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    I think at spell at RB is not a bad thing at all for SR, will give him a consistent run of games that he needs for a few months and also probably less chance of injury there too compared to CM, less tackles etc. I still believe that if he remains injury free SR will hit the ground running at the start of next season and will be an automatic first choice for us if he does.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    I think at spell at RB is not a bad thing at all for SR, will give him a consistent run of games that he needs for a few months and also probably less chance of injury there too compared to CM, less tackles etc. I still believe that if he remains injury free SR will hit the ground running at the start of next season and will be an automatic first choice for us if he does.
    He's also a slow starter when he comes back from spells out in my opinion. Whether it's by design or not, it might be no harm to have him play a run of games in an arguably less "involved" role than centre mid.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    argh...he's injured again. Groin injury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    puts Brom 1-0 up on Coventry

Steven Reid finds the back of the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom left corner of the goal. West Brom 1-0 Coventry.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Reid hints at Baggies stay
    On loan midfielder could make permanent switch to Hawthorns

The 29-year-old Blackburn player moved to the Hawthorns earlier in the month and has made an instant impact in the Championship since his arrival.

Reid has made four appearances for the Baggies and scored the winner in their last game against Coventry on Wednesday.

He admits he is enjoying his time in the Midlands, and with his Rovers contract set to expire in the summer, could make the loan deal permanent.

"I'm loving being part of it at the minute," he said.

"I'd be very keen to stay until the end of the season.

"I'm out of contract in the summer and staying on is something which may be of interest after that."

If Reid does make his move to West Brom permanent, he could be playing his football in the Premier League next season.

The Baggies are currently pushing Newcastle all the way in the Championship and are in a good position to clinch automatic promotion this term.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...057050,00.html

Wouldn't be too bad a move considering WBA are likely going up
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    i get the Terry Dixon effect everytime this thread goes back to the top of the forum...

i think a permanent move for Reid to the baggies would be good for both parties. He would surely find it hard to fight his way back into Big Sams first team. Good for him to be a main player in a lesser team id say.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he def needs a good run of games and stay injury free during the summer and pre-season,surely trap would include him for the autumn games then...i would agree that a permanent move to west brom would be better for him rather than being a bit player for that clown allardyce

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast