Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Morrison

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Clinton Morrison

Whats the point in playing him let alone having him in the squad?

I know hes done ok in the past but its been years since he put in any performance.

Get him out now!

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Clinton - go home to England and stay there, I never want to see him wear the green again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    I really don't think he's the problem. He's a limited striker and competes now with Elliot and Doyle for a start. Give him a break. He didn't get sent off or make silly defensive errors tonight. O'Brien, O'Shea, Kilbane, Staunton... there are a lot of players with more to answer for right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I really don't think he's the problem. He's a limited striker and competes now with Elliot and Doyle for a start. Give him a break. He didn't get sent off or make silly defensive errors tonight. O'Brien, O'Shea, Kilbane, Staunton... there are a lot of players with more to answer for right now.
    I have never liked Clinton, hes not good enough, hes a whinger and he is not Irish!!! He's not fit to wear the green IMO, btw he was crap tonight - he wasnt the only one

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    One of his worst games ever and for him thats very low!

I hate the guy.
    **** off Clint.....

We'd have played better with 10 men tonight. Made no effort to get to any balls and was more interested in winning a free then actully getting to the ball. He's a joke and Stan's an even bigger joke to be playing him.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    joke of a performance. He didn't look fit at all.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    clinton had a bout as bad a game as keane...the team didnt function from back to front...it never got to the front in fact... again i dont blame anyone that played tonight really. sure im angry at o'shea (deary me) ireland (who was awful) kilbane- (please stop beaking my heart) ah im a little drunk to go on....the main thing is when something is rotten to the core there is not much that can be done....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't buy the unfit excuse as Morrison is playing club football most weeks. Apparently Andy Reid so unfit he not even kept for the bench so will have to assume Morrison fitter. I think he won a few free kicks for falling on the ground but he also lost as many for the same lame attempts.

I think its unfair to bring up the "not irish" thing but i also think he should be retired alongside Connolly.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Some of you are a joke! Clinton was picked to play, by an average defender who suddenly finds himself "managing" a national side. It's not Morrison's fault that de gaffur throws him out when he's not match fit. We were grateful for his goals in the last campaign, when Robbie Keane couldn't buy a goal.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Did anyone else hear that him and Peter Taylor have fallen out? Seemingly he was told he won't play for the club again. He told Taylor he know s**** all about football! No worse that what we are saying about Clint!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Great pretender

I said it about Morison before, he's the great pretender, all talk but can't walk the walk. How many more times is he going to be caught offside or give away stupid frees. Granted he wasn't the only one, but he's just a shaper. His head is up his own a*se!
    Though there are a couple more who are seriously challenged in that way too.
    There'll be snow on that one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    guess who said it " the lads were buzzing around the place in training" "Clinton looked sharp" .....................

Did anyone see the staunton press conference? - the anger from yesterday has subsided in me, and now i genuinely feel sorry for him. he had that ' please fire me look to save me going through this torture" look about him......
    o'shea is a complete fookin joke. fook off back to manchester and stay there. remove he remains of the saipan muppet show. - delaney, alan kelly, staunton - and start fresh. and the fai are pursuing dalglish??? for fux sake.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joema View Post
    I have never liked Clinton, hes not good enough, hes a whinger and he is not Irish!!! He's not fit to wear the green IMO, btw he was crap tonight - he wasnt the only one
    he isnt Irish -why not?
    Are Connolly & De`Valera not irish?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billybunter View Post
    guess who said it " the lads were buzzing around the place in training" "Clinton looked sharp" .....................

Did anyone see the staunton press conference? - the anger from yesterday has subsided in me, and now i genuinely feel sorry for him. he had that ' please fire me look to save me going through this torture" look about him......
    o'shea is a complete fookin joke. fook off back to manchester and stay there. remove he remains of the saipan muppet show. - delaney, alan kelly, staunton - and start fresh. and the fai are pursuing dalglish??? for fux sake.
    This is the post genesis world that Keane fought for-Thanks Roy

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Utterly unfair to pick on Morrison for last night's debacle. Far more worse players on the pitch. Personal feelings about a player shouldn't be brought up every time we lose. The defence and the midfield was the problem last night. Morrison and Keane hardly saw the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Utterly unfair to pick on Morrison for last night's debacle. Far more worse players on the pitch. Personal feelings about a player shouldn't be brought up every time we lose. The defence and the midfield was the problem last night. Morrison and Keane hardly saw the ball.
    What about his header from three yards out with an open goal (all eight yards of it) in front of him. Captain my arse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingal hoop View Post
    he isnt Irish -why not?
    Are Connolly & De`Valera not irish?
    What about Aldridge, McAteer, Houghton, Cascarino*, D. Connolly, Steve Reid and all the rest?
    BTW, isnt it always supposed to be de Valera, no capital D? Just checking
    *Actually, he REALLY wasnt Irish (in blood at least, in his heart he must have been), I think he was adopted or his mother was so he didn't actually qualify
    Last edited by theworm2345; 08/10/2006 at 9:23 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Yep, no capital "d" for "de". It indicates a Norman name. de Búrca, de Paor, etc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I dont particulary care where he is from, he is not able to play football.What has he ever done for us? Ok he huffs and he puffs and has scored a few goals but the guy is cack.I dont give a grannys arse if i ever see him in an Irish shirt again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag View Post
    I dont particulary care where he is from, he is not able to play football.What has he ever done for us? Ok he huffs and he puffs and has scored a few goals but the guy is cack.I dont give a grannys arse if i ever see him in an Irish shirt again.
    Why because he wasnt at his best last night? He wasnt even 100% (a not-too-bad thigh injury), but Staunton threw him out there and he had a bad game. Perhaps he shouldnt have started but he can be useful.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast