Page 74 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2559

Thread: LOI in Europe 2022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Presumably this is the Macedonians getting their revenge - just on the wrong club

lol
    thought I got away with that one...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Pats will lose the points no question I reckon.
    Is there enough ambiguity in the rules to allow the game be postponed over travel issues or will the FAIs hands be tied and just have to implement the rules? It could boil down to what Shels want to happen - if they agree to a request from St Pats for a postponement then it'd be straight forward enough, but if they insist on the fixture being fulfilled it could be messy. The FAI could be begging Shels to make life easy. It will also be down to St Pats to prove that things really were beyond their control ie a last minute cancellation, if they hadnt a charter secured in advance the issue would be not letting the FAI know that there were problems. Other clubs could make some noise if things are being fudged too. It's a good point on the UEFA rules above, it does seem to indicate that its only the outbound trip that must be a charter, though there may have been issues booking scheduled flights with short notice regardless. The tone of the FAI statement is that its not a banker that St Pats will be granted a refixture, though I dont think it would be right to give Shels a walkover unless there is some messing going on. St Pats legal bills could be mounting up a tad!

Been a while since we had one of these * appeared on the league table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Charters operate on the basis of contracts and almost NEVER break them as they are liable for all the costs and damages suffered by the people they let down.
    I suspect Pats travelled on the basis that they accepted a "95% should be fine scenerio" abd then were let down.
    If thats what happened its irresponsible.
    Every other team managed to secure transport.
    Its called professionalisim

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Considering thats its against CSKA Sofia I wonder was it a rogue travel agent who didnt deliver as promised? Brings back sad memories 21 yrs ago or so the time a lot of us were stuck in Dublin Airport for 12 hrs for a flight to Bulgaria that never left as promised?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Going to cost the club a fortune in hotel bills as well

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    It's Bulgaria so luckily it's one of the cheaper countries in Europe. Imagine if that was Sligo stuck in Norway it would really break the bank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    They’re lucky they aren’t stuck in Ireland,club would be bankrupt!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Wiki saying Shamrock Rovers are confirmed for the UEFA Youth League. Draw is on 30th August, with the first round games on 14th September and 5th October.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Charters operate on the basis of contracts and almost NEVER break them as they are liable for all the costs and damages suffered by the people they let down.
    I suspect Pats travelled on the basis that they accepted a "95% should be fine scenerio" abd then were let down.
    If thats what happened its irresponsible.
    Every other team managed to secure transport.
    Its called professionalisim
    Rubbish talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Which part?
    That charters operate on contracts or that Pats travelled without arrangements made?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Did pats arrive back on commercial flights yesterday? If so why didn't they do that earlier in the week, or was there just no availability?
    Air travel is chaotic at the moment for all
    Having said all that, Rovers arrived safe and sound in Skopje yesterday so I guess it does depend on the area your going to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    All this was arranged very last minute on Friday in Slovenia for a trip the following Wednesday. We just about got a flight from Knock out to Bulgaria with Joe Walsh. In such a short time frame getting out was first priority as not showing up to a UEFA game carries huge ramifications. AFAIK we were given assurances for the way home that failed to materialise. Look at the trouble clubs have had this year, didn't Rovers have to travel from Shannon on a turbo prop. Look at the vitriol the Macedonians are going on with.

Shamrock Rovers' opponents FC Shkupi promise to respond to 'evil done to them' after flight chaos in Ireland - Irish Mirror Online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    i genuinely have no axe to grind with Pats here.
    Shels are only marginally behind Bohs on my list of teams i dont like so i wouldnt be wanting them to get the points, but i think the FAI will give them the points.

Travel problems are well known but every other team in Europe managed to get sorted so the blame has to lie with Pats organisation. 100% its not easy but its part and parcel of being in Europe.
    Also its nonsense that they couldnt have got home earlier by comercial flights conecting through London or somewhere else even if they only started looking when the charter fell through. There is always conections to get home so there was an element of "must try harder" which probably got on Dhels wick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Are Pats not using the south stand in Tallaght this week?

They're not selling tickets for it currently anyway.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Are Pats not using the south stand in Tallaght this week?

They're not selling tickets for it currently anyway.
    Theyve been told (presumably by Gardai or Uefa) that the 6000 seats in the main stand and east stand have to be sold before the south stand can be used. Currently the main stand is sold out and less than 500 are left for the east stand so I’d imagine the south stand will open soon enough
    Paaatrick's Agletic

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    So the paper that Sponsors Rovers (The Star) have a story that their game in the Brandy might be postponed.

We’ll see. Derry want to play it on Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    So have Pats actually made it home yet?
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    So the paper that Sponsors Rovers (The Star) have a story that their game in the Brandy might be postponed.

We’ll see. Derry want to play it on Friday.
    I think they're entitled to a postponement if they go through, as they'd have two European away fixtures back-to-back.

Much as I want the game to go ahead, I don't think I can begrudge them asking for it to be put back. We'll see, I suppose.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Theyve been told (presumably by Gardai or Uefa) that the 6000 seats in the main stand and east stand have to be sold before the south stand can be used. Currently the main stand is sold out and less than 500 are left for the east stand so I’d imagine the south stand will open soon enough

It makes sense to not add the cost of opening a stand thats not needed filling other areas first but what has it to do with Gardaí if they are being paid to cover whatever areas the club decides to have open whether there is 8 or 8000 people there, and what has it to do with UEFA for that matter? If the ground/stand meets criteria and a clubs decides to open it fully why would UEFA request otherwise, why insist on 8k+ seats as a cat 4 stadium and then request that a club open less than the 8k capacity. It makes a lot more sense that St Pats themselves are consolidating supporters in to the 2 large stands and if there happens to be demand they will open a third stand. Maybe it will be to house away fans and numbers are not yet known? Not that it matters really, I'm just curious as to why the 2 organisations are sticking their oars in. Tbh I wish this sort of thing happened at Dundalk games at times, be it in the Aviva or other grounds where fans were scattered about (by themselves) diluting potential atmosphere if they grouped together.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It makes sense to not add the cost of opening a stand thats not needed filling other areas first but what has it to do with Gardaí if they are being paid to cover whatever areas the club decides to have open whether there is 8 or 8000 people there, and what has it to do with UEFA for that matter? If the ground/stand meets criteria and a clubs decides to open it fully why would UEFA request otherwise, why insist on 8k+ seats as a cat 4 stadium and then request that a club open less than the 8k capacity. It makes a lot more sense that St Pats themselves are consolidating supporters in to the 2 large stands and if there happens to be demand they will open a third stand. Maybe it will be to house away fans and numbers are not yet known? Not that it matters really, I'm just curious as to why the 2 organisations are sticking their oars in. Tbh I wish this sort of thing happened at Dundalk games at times, be it in the Aviva or other grounds where fans were scattered about (by themselves) diluting potential atmosphere if they grouped together.
    Ive no info that the Gardai or Uefa were involved in that decision, which is why I used the word presumably as it didn’t make much sense to me but it could’ve been down to stewarding costs as you mentioned. Away fans will be located in the main stand where away fans used to be until a couple of years ago. Anyways, as expected the South stand behind the goal is now open and tickets are available for it online as announced by pats
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 08/08/2022 at 3:32 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic