Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Last Night's Game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last Night's Game

Very poor display last night, it would be easy to blame the sending off, which was harsh enough, but the writing was well on the wall before that. Ramblers were unlucky not to score on at least two occasions in the 1st half but saying that Peter Cutbert made two really good saves also. In the second half once Wolfe was sent off it was one way traffic. What alarmed me was that some of our players did not put in the required effort. Another thing that alarms me is that we only had four subs on the bench last night, three of them were defenders, where as Kildare had five subs. Why is there none of the promising youth players on the bench, in my opinion Tim & Michael O'Shea, Sean Daly & Alan Campbell are well capable of making the step up to LOI and if they are on the Under 21 team then they must be eligible to play. It is very bad for these young players morale to see that the manager does not consider them good enough for to merit a place on the bench. Last night young Chris O'Shea sat for the full 90 minutes on the bench, the game was over with 25 minutes to go, surely it was an opportunity for him to get some badly wanter match practice

I believe that the transfer window opens on 01 July so the manager must sign up some of the promising young players in the Cobh/East Cork area before Cork City do and believe me City are already looking at some of these players.

Lets hope that Steve Yelverton, David Warran & Tony Tynan are available for the next game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eddie, I agree the match was played a bit in a negative way. But I thought both Darren Murphy and Peter Culbert in goal did not have good games. The first goal was Darren trying to play out of defence and got caught badly as was the whole defence.

I thought the keeper should have being more positive in goal and was at fault for two and was beaten in the air on two balls he should have attempted to take from the cross in.

However without Steve, and Tony we lacked abit all round.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good Analysis

You are right in you analysis of the game. Darran has had a bad few weeks, certainly at fault for two gaols again the other night but he is a young player and he will play more good games than bad. Peter Cutbert was at fault for at least one goal, we must remember that he was really thrown in the deep end due to the **** up at the start of the season with Dave Hennessy. I know his father and he told me that Dave Hill blamed him at half time for the goal in the first half, I cannot understand this as he made a great save only for the ball to be deflected back over him off one of his own defenders.

I note that the Under 21s were hammered by City and the manager was saying that some players let him down by not turning up. I note from the team line up that none of the better young Cobh players were not playing, I wonder is there a message there. These are the same players who I mentioned in my previous post and they may feel agrieved that they are not getting a look in with the first team. Whatever the reasons there are now major problems within the club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think if Dave did critise Peter it was with god reason the goal was partly his fault if he had got up quicker he would have saved it also you only have to look at the goal he gave away when he hit it off the forward.

Also you have to look no farther then the 2 goals out of 3 last week against Bray which were Peters fault but I dont suppose any of you were there to see that.

Just for the record on the 21 game again I suppose you wernt at that either the team was put together as most of the u21s were away also 4 have had problems with the regestration form and considering they had no goal keeper it is not surprising they lost.

Eddie it is fine to say play the young players but all the players are young what we need is a few experienced players to help bring the young lads along.

Unfortunatly they cost money and Ramblers are sadly lacking in this,