Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,161 to 1,165 of 1165

Thread: 2011 attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    At least 180 of us there. The mistake made in the count may be that a lot of the fans werent wearing colours and some even sat down throughout the game (shocking I know!)

Yes it was small for a "final" but I know lots who couldnt make it coz we were leaving at 3.30 on a friday and couldnt get out of work in time.

We do need more fans to come to games but against Galway at home there were about 700 there with 40 of them being Galway so it is improving.

The last time we were in the Premier we did have higher attendances than in the first division so I reckon there will be an increase again.

As for TOD's comment about the lack of bunting etc, if he had gotten off his butt and come to Monaghan before the Cup Final last year he would have seen the numerous banners, bunting, flags and Eason's shop window which had a display.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    At least 180 of us there. The mistake made in the count may be that a lot of the fans werent wearing colours and some even sat down throughout the game (shocking I know!)

Yes it was small for a "final" but I know lots who couldnt make it coz we were leaving at 3.30 on a friday and couldnt get out of work in time.

We do need more fans to come to games but against Galway at home there were about 700 there with 40 of them being Galway so it is improving.

The last time we were in the Premier we did have higher attendances than in the first division so I reckon there will be an increase again.

As for TOD's comment about the lack of bunting etc, if he had gotten off his butt and come to Monaghan before the Cup Final last year he would have seen the numerous banners, bunting, flags and Eason's shop window which had a display.
    Pure tripe.

Firstly, there was nowhere near 180 Monaghan fans in Terryland. Just over 100 which is pathetic for a game on a Friday that you are huge favourites for.

Secondly, there was a lot more than 40 Galway fans at Gortakeegan, we had 40 on our supporters bus alone! There was around 80 or 90 I'd say which was respectable for a Tuesday night (you're bitching about a game being on a Friday) and a tie we were huge underdogs for.

And thirdly, there was nowhere near 700 at your home game. I would say 500-600 at best, which is quite frankly disappointing for a game that you were huge favourites for, I was expecting at least 1000 Monaghan fans.

And to finish, I would say congrats to Monaghan who had a great season and were very worthy winners over the two legs. Best of luck to you in the Premier next year.
    Last edited by Olander; 08/11/2011 at 1:02 PM.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post

I wonder how much bunting there was in Cork ahead of the Shels match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Is bunting a factor in the licensing now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Maroon View Post
    Is bunting a factor in the licensing now?
    God I hope so......!Off to the bunting shop.....
    You can shove your British Culture up your Londonderryair!

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859