Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro First Round Tie Vs Vllaznia Home Leg (Match thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Euro First Round Tie Vs Vllaznia Home Leg (Match thread)

My Family visited the staduim today. They are on holiday in Montenegro(I couldn't go had LC to finish). They went across the border and visited it. They sent me pics and basically told me......:
    The Place is an absolute Kip. From top to bottom. My dad said its the worst he's ever seen! - he's been to every ground in League of Ireland. When they arrived they said they were from Sligo and the people there were very helpful. They were given a tour and allowed to go out onto the pitch to inspect it (I think these lads thought they were from the Club). Anyway, basically the pitch is absolute rubbish. Massive holes all over it, grass is very long and weeds all over the shop. If anyone from the club is reading this expect a very bad pitch. EDIT: Also the pitch is very long and wide. Much bigger than ours. [I will put photos up later for those interested]
    The staduim itself is falling apart, the stands are miles away from the pitch. I asked them to get me a scarf of this team but there wasn't a shop is sight. They don't even sell Jerseys.
    For those traveling the advice is don't stay in Albania. The place is very run down. It took my family half an our at the Border. Men with machine guns frisked them down. Security is tight.

I will put the photos of the pitch and staduim up later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any updates on injuries for this match lads? Rovers site is still down. Lets hope Peers is back. We'll need a full squad to beat these boys.
    I really hope we can pack the showgrounds for this and really get behind them. A win against these boys on Thursday is nearly a must imo, we need to be bringing something back to Albania. Don't forget the Co-eff. I'd love us to do our part, a win will boost the leagues co-eff big time.

Match is on Thursday the 2nd July at 7:00pm K.O
    Last edited by The Midget Gem; 25/06/2009 at 4:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget Gem View Post
    Match is on Thursday the 2nd July at 7.45pm K.O
    7pm KO.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Sounds like a lovely place can't wait..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    Sounds like a lovely place can't wait..
    Reminds me of Ballybofey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Translated from:- http://www.fkvllaznia.net/main/844-G...e%20fjal%C3%AB

Jemadar experienced Armir makeup says should not be taken lightly, even though rival looks easy

After the optimism shown casting the lottery the day yesterday the situation was different at Camp shkodran. Nobody had more mind to the name of the opponent, but as the best preparation for the confrontation against him. Irish Sligo Rovers and certainly not with the members of this question and have Vllaznisë clear.

And also says jemadar Armir her makeup, when stating: "On Monday we were curious to know who would be our opponent, but when they learned the name of the Irish team, it certainly ended curiosity. Despite news that have been floated that we are a small team, I do not think that will have an easy qualification.

Just to say that this team takes part in the Irish Championship, and British team is enough. Albanian Football Vllaznia and in this case, do not have luxury to underestimate such teams, known as our level. For this reason, have to work harder in order to properly prepare for these meetings. "In fact, the" veteran "of the net shkodrane is entitled to his opinion. Because shkodranët should be very focused on their preparations, seem somewhat delayed because, in fact, with exercises and more with the completion of the team players.

Mosardhja of Brazilians in time, has kuqeblutë feel incomplete and perhaps from this very thought in the head trainers Lika will change. Jemadar makeup anyway no secret enthusiasm and desire to qualify. "Except we will do our best, certainly hope they are real problems that may have opponent. It is important to kualifikohemi in the next round and this will do our best, "- has added ruajtësi the net shkodrane.

But while it would not be so easy. Sligo's Irish Roversit located in championship form and the players is good in these moments. Completely different stands shkodranët work. They have launched two weeks ago and preparations for this reason many things are not in place. By coming on Thursday, leading the staff will try to do best to improve, but remains to be seen than will be realized.

Despite this, one thing is certain: Vllaznia will also use the calendar, even tifozërinë her to move to the next round. The makeup itself says this: "For we favor is that the first match will play in the transfer. At this meeting will try to play carefully to get a result as good, in order to match the returns and then use our fans to target qualification. The presence of many fans in the second game, believe it has to intimidate the Irish, who believe that are not used to see so many fans at the stadium. "

From Gazeta Sport Albanian

Have lost 2-0 to Bohemians in the last game for the Irish championship, but now only have the mind of the League of Europe. Sligo rovers, kundërshtari i Vllaznisë për turin e parë të këtij kompeticioni, e ka vlerësuar shumë përballjen me shkodranët. Sligo rovers, Vllaznisë opponent for the first round of this kompeticioni, has praised many shkodranët face. Ashtu si këta të fundit për Sligon, edhe irlandezët kanë shumë pak njohuri për Vllazninë. As for the latter Sligon, the Irish have very little knowledge Vllazninë. “Di që Dandi Junaitid ka luajtur përpara disa vitesh me skuadrën shqiptare. "Di Dandi Junaitid that has played before some years with the Albanian team. Vllaznia është e panjohur për ne dhe tani po mundohemi të marrim sa më Vllaznia is unknown to us and now try to get more
    shumë informacione. information. Vëmendja jonë është përqendruar në ndeshjen e 2 korrikut”, - ka thënë trajneri i Sligo Rovers, Our attention is focused on the July 2 game ", - has said the trainer Sligo Rovers,
    Paul Kuk, në një prononcim për mediat irlandeze. Paul Cook, a pronouncement for the Irish media. Ndërkohë, kundërshtarit të kuqebluve pritet t'i rikthehet nga dëmtimi mbrojtësi më i mirë, Mark Skoltok. Meanwhile, rival kuqebluve expected to return from injury better defender, Mark Skoltok. Ky i fundit ka humbur shumicën e ndeshjeve të sezonit, por tani trajneri Kuk pret me padurim rikthimin e tij. The latter has lost most of the matches of the season, but now expects trainer Cook impatience with his comeback. “Mark është një lojtar me cilësi, por në pikëpamjet e mia ka nevojë që ta marrë plotësisht veten. "Mark is a quality player, but in my view needs to get himself fully. Po bëjmë gjithçka që ipërshtatet atij. Are doing everything ipërshtatet him. Nëse Mark e merr veten dhe vjen në formën optimale, ai pa dyshim është një nga mbrojtësit më të mirë, jo vetëm të Sligos, por i gjithë ligës. If Mark gets himself and comes in the form optimal, it is without doubt one of the best defenders, not only Sligos, but the entire league. Tani shpresojmë që përveç riaftësimit të plotë, ai të firmosë kontratën e re”, - është shprehur trajneri anglez. Now hope that besides riaftësimit full, he sign a new contract "- is expressed trainer Englishman. Sipas mediave irlandeze, Paul Kuk ka meritën kryesore në suksesin e Sligo Roversit, që pas shumë vitesh rikthehet të luajë në Kupat e Evropës.(Gazeta Sporti Shqiptar) According to Irish media, Paul Cook is credited in the success of the Sligo Roversit, who returned after many years of playing in European Cup. (Gazeta Sport Albanian)

Pitch does not look the best in this video.
    Last edited by Darco Ooragnak; 25/06/2009 at 9:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Go on the Roversit! Paul Kuk...it's better than Cooke
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darco Ooragnak View Post
    It looks fookin cat!

I like yer mans jumper though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darco Ooragnak View Post
    The only team to come to the Showgrounds this season and think the pitch is better than their own

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds like an adventure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Jaysus, thats an awful pitch. I hope thats an old video.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    From Vllaznia forum:

Referee
    Christof Virant (BEL)
    Assistant referee
    Dirk Gilon (BEL) Frank Bleyen (BEL)
    Fourth official
    Peter Vervecken (BEL)
    UEFA Delegate
    Gerhard Sager (SWE)
    UEFA Referee observer
    Karl-Heinz Tritschler (GER)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Best of luck on Thursday lads hope use get the win and dont concede an away goal.Also the fans who are going to the away leg,enjoy it and hope use have a great time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Last edited by eL Bettor; 30/06/2009 at 6:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    I think the Summer League has a massive advantage in this case, their league does not start till Mid-August.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    This is our most important tie of the season and anyone who thinks drogs on sunday is more important is wrong- the money involved in reaching the second round v rapid vienna will see us financially secure for this year anyway and will allow us to sign first team players to bring us to mid table at least.

from todays indo

"All we're saying here is 'listen, I've got a little dream here and I don't want anyone to break it'."

No, the above is not Martin Luther King on the moral values of equality.

Instead, it's Sligo Rovers boss Paul Cook speaking about their tie against Albanian side KS Vllaznia Shkoder at the Showgrounds tomorrow, (7.0).

Ahead of their Europa League first qualifying round clash against obscure Albanian opposition, it's maybe a little difficult to feel the buzz sweeping around the western town this week from afar, much less put it into words.

Lucky then, that Cook is not lacking in enthusiasm himself.

"Everyone says to me about this professional thing, about saying 'we'll take each game at a time', it's a load of b****x," he said. "If you're in football and if you play for Sligo or you're in the Irish league, and you can't dream about playing Rapid Vienna, well, what's the point?"

"We're not saying we're going to play them (the Austrian side await in the next round), we're not being big headed. All you're saying is 'I've got a dream here'.

"If you do get through, your dream has come true, if you don't, well not many dreams do come true anyway. It's just our way of looking at it, we might be a bit different around here."

Certainly, as managers go, the Sligo Rovers boss tends to do things a little differently. And thus far it has worked.

Sligo play their first European game in 12 years tomorrow, they remain in the FAI Ford Cup and the EA Sports Cup -- all with one of the smallest squads in the League. But as far as big games go for the Bit O' Red, they do not come more crucial than this one at the Showgrounds -- and the Liverpudlian knows it.

"Of course, (if Sligo qualify for the next round) it's €100,000, it's another sell-out gate, it's probably live TV. And with all due respect to a club like ours, you don't scoff at money like that -- it's half your playing budget in one night."

That tight budget is one of Sligo's primary concerns in the build-up to the biggest game of their season. In their last League game against Bohemians they only fielded two substitutions, as over half of their 14 professionals were either injured or suspended.

But Cook says he is happy this week to have at least 11 players to work with. Rafael Cretaro and Danny Ventre will definitely return, while Shaun Holmes and Gavin Peers are doubtful but Stephen Parkhouse will not play.

But whatever happens tomorrow -- and in the return leg in Albania next Thursday -- Cook maintains that he is Sligo through and through and has no plans to move on despite being offered other high-profile managerial positions.

"You have to teach loyalty to your players, there's a right time to leave a club and a wrong time. I certainly won't be leaving this club in the foreseeable future."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    In China at the moment - crossing into Vietnam tomorrow morning. Two countries with red flags - must be a good omen. I'll have the Rovers shirt on anyway just to make sure. GO ON THE BIT O' RED!!!

(And before you ask, avvenalaff, no, I'm not trying to find an alternative route from Sligo to Shkoder)
    Last edited by Fivesilver; 01/07/2009 at 8:55 AM.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivesilver View Post
    In China at the moment - crossing into Vietnam tomorrow morning. Two countries with red flags - must be a good omen. I'll have the Rovers shirt on anyway just to make sure. GO ON THE BIT O' RED!!!
    Jesus Fivesliver, Thats some route you are taking to Albania!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Jesus Fivesliver, you are taking some route to Albania!!
    Aaahh! Bastid! You got that in just as I was editing my post to avoid it.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I have been told via Hong Kong via Hungary that there is a rumour of the Albanians betting against themselves, when rumours like this spread around the net the price falls with every bookie.
    How true these rumours are we will never know ... unless Sligo win 8-0 or something like that

Massive rumours fliying around Sligo that a number of prominent local Albanian business people (they run an affluent mobile florist business) have been taking all prices up and down the town on a hometown victoryMassive rumours fliying around Sligo that a number of prominent local Albanian business people (they run an affluent mobile florist business) have been taking all prices up and down the town on a hometown victory

My spies in Sligo have been reporting a flood of bets for Rovers this morning with a large number of these bets being from the large Eastern European community in the town.

This had rigged all over it. Win their monies, and take it back to Shkodra and buy a new apartment block for each player.

This is definitely a market to tread very carefully in.

Just a couple of quotes I found on the betfair forum not saying they are true or anything but Ive noticed it myself that there has been alot of money on Sligo lately.Just thought Id share the rumours with use

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast