Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2378

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    He has given the ball away poorly twice.
    Only twice?
    Sign him up!!!
    I think he also almost gave away a penalty, but it was a close decision, or rather not spotted by the ref/didn't look lie a penalty, which I see as a good thing, you will get other defenders who have penalties given against them even when they don't commit a foul, I know which I prefer!
    I do like that Coleman gets forward though.

Sky: "A few nervy moments but got forward when possible.".

He got 2 points on Sky fantasy football, the rules say

Player completes 60 or more passes: 2pts
    Player completes 4 or more successful tackles: 2pts

So probably for the tackles?

You also get 2 points for starting but I think they were already taken into account as none
    of the other defenders who started got any points listed.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    yep he did, its something ive always feared about him and for ireland. I really don't know how he has gotten away with it for so long, he must have eaten his lucky charms again this morning. On five occasions I've seen him give away clear penalties yet he gets away with it.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    yep he did, its something ive always feared about him and for ireland. I really don't know how he has gotten away with it for so long, he must have eaten his lucky charms again this morning. On five occasions I've seen him give away clear penalties yet he gets away with it.
    Im sure he'll eventually fulfill your prophecy and give one away if you keep on about it for long enough.
    Nice little vendetta you have against him.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Im sure he'll eventually fulfill your prophecy and give one away if you keep on about it for long enough.
    Nice little vendetta you have against him.
    Haha thats funny, POSH actually has a little crush on Coleman (picture unde his pillow that type of thing). He's posted it loads before about him not only being a good player but also a lucky one (in that he seems to get away with a few fouls in dangerous areas/penalty box) - A positive attribute I think he's saying. Its hardly a Vendetta, I thought you Rovers fans would be all on top of the world right now, still a touch of paranoia about ye and yours though it seems.....
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    actually they just showed it on MOTD and it was not a penalty, he got a touch on the ball. so maybe the other penalties he gave away were not actually penalties. I think the thing maybe that he goes to play the ball commit a foul so that makes it harder to spot. Other players go to commit a foul, fail and get sent off!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    If that was the case here then fair enough, on sky they said it was a penalty.

Its not a vendetta. I love the thought of someone like Coleman making a career for himself given his background. Long may his luck continue.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    There is one angle that clearly show him getting a slight touch on the ball a mili-second before contact with the player (and that was with a magnifier). He was pretty lucky to get away with it really, even if it was technically not a foul. I think it would have been given, without a doubt, if Jelavic had got his in the first half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    There is one angle that clearly show him getting a slight touch on the ball a mili-second before contact with the player (and that was with a magnifier). He was pretty lucky to get away with it really, even if it was technically not a foul. I think it would have been given, without a doubt, if Jelavic had got his in the first half.
    As you point out he did not "get away with it" because no foul was committed as he did get a touch on the ball.
    The ref must have good eyesight if he saw the touch, however I fancy he saw neither a touch or a foul, I didn't see the foul first time round.
    I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the enlarged slow motion, look like a clear cut peno, and 'lucky to get away' with it.
    I think it just goes to show how your eyes can be deceived, but rather than being lucky I see it as good judgement.
    So as I say, sign him up!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    As you point out he did not "get away with it" because no foul was committed as he did get a touch on the ball.
    The ref must have good eyesight if he saw the touch, however I fancy he saw neither a touch or a foul, I didn't see the foul first time round.
    I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the enlarged slow motion, look like a clear cut peno, and 'lucky to get away' with it.
    I think it just goes to show how your eyes can be deceived, but rather than being lucky I see it as good judgement.
    So as I say, sign him up!!
    It was sloppy to say the least, safety first. We can't depend on top class refereeing in games as we found out before.

He can be very casual at times. Got away with it on the wings but too dangerous in the box.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I think he was lucky in the sense that it would usually be given, as from most angles it looked a clear penalty (including the ref's angle). He was extra lucky as it was such a poor touch in the first place. Alan Shearer (I know, I know) said on motd2 that even though he did get a slight touch on the ball first, it was still a penalty. Not sure how that works.

Wouldn't worry too much about it Manblue, his touch is usually pretty good. He does far more good than bad in my opinion and is still very much learning. He's only getting used to the full back position again.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 23/10/2012 at 7:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    It was sloppy to say the least, safety first. We can't depend on top class refereeing in games as we found out before.

He can be very casual at times. Got away with it on the wings but too dangerous in the box.
    I don't really see it that way, I see it as he did enough, he didn't give away a penalty, I'd agree he is better
    outside of the box. but that is not his normal position, let's face it we have defenders whose normal position is
    inside the box who are not exactly flawless!! At least he was there covering and it was a bit unsporting of the QPR player to sneak up
    on him like that.

It's also worth nothing that immediately after that incident another QPR player picked up the ball and made a run in the box,
    Coleman dispossessed him and turned defence into attack, that player also went down in the box, however he made no appeal
    for a peno, so I assume there was no foul. I am a bit mystified as to how Coleman managed to dispossess him, however the fact
    remains he did. indeed I have seen a number of incident were he has done something similar ie somehow managed to get past
    a player (or two) when it was seemingly impossible, which is why I am always happy to see his name on the team sheet.

Actually I have just remembered something called "Colemanbalsl"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTRSY06pcNE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rASmmmU5mMk

Indeed the incident contains it's own Colemanball, ie "That's a penalty, all day long" when it fact it was not!!

So he is a bit of a magician in a way, "The quickness of the foot deceives the eye"!!
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 23/10/2012 at 6:56 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Big test for Seamus V Liverpool today. Starts RB. Will be interesting to see how he does

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Had a good, solid game today at RB. Huge for him

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Had a good, solid game today at RB. Huge for him

Ya overall did very well. He is still better going forward than he is defensively. he had a wonderful one two in the second half which he finished with a decent cross when he probably couldve struck himself. had a couple of decent snapshots as well.

He was partly at fault for the first goal, committed himself in the build up when there was no need. A number of times Pool did get behind him on the right hand side but he is definitely improving in a damn fine team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Dunno, I think he was a bit unlucky the lose ball fell to Liverpool player.
    Suarez should never have been allowed to score from that angle anyway.
    Leighton Baines hardly covered himself in glory.
    But I would say a decent game for Coleman overall, on Sky Sports 3 Everton players rated above him, 3 below and 4 the same.
    I think on another occasion he causes Suarez to fall over in his effort to get past him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Couple of mistakes there from Coleman there lead to Fulham's late equaliser.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Was 3rd highest rated player on sky sports only Fellani and Mirallas according to te fans rating anyway

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    As for spanner comments - any comment on his performance v Greece? Most accompolished Irish player?

Everton must have some academy turning this raw, unprofessional, rough diamond into the jewel he is Why don't more players go there, what's their secret

Said it last year - he is playing at the highest level of any Irish player in the PL and should have walked into that side.

The secret of his success is the manner is how he plays - you strip that from him, and he is half the player he is.

As for giving the ball away - do you think it is realistically possible to play the time of game he does and cover every blade of grass done the wing? Imagine making a mistake! Play safe and get hammered. Yeah, that sounds good.

As for academies? Can't teach you attitude, can't teach you want you haven't got. Just brush up on what's already there.

Sligo Rovers gave him away for €60K and embarrassed the LOI undersellling such an asset. Doesn't have to such an extent usually but the 'piece of business' was utter insanity - passed off as good-will, only for Everton to see a second tier side v Sligo Rovers as a friendly!

Great to see Seamie getting just reward - simply a class act. Great to see Hoolihan play also - proper footballers of contrasting hues.

How Trappatoni couldn't see that was a disgrace, anyone who supports that philosophy should really give up any involvement in football at whatever level you're at - I suppose that won't stop bar-stool fools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shellyriver View Post
    Everton must have some academy turning this raw, unprofessional, rough diamond into the jewel he is Why don't more players go there, what's their secret
    The secret of his success is the manner is how he plays - you strip that from him, and he is half the player he is.
    Tell any young fella that you've to succeed or it's back to Killybegs with you, and they'll work harder than a child in a Burmese sweatshop.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Just gave away a penalty, barged in to the back of the Reading player (le Fondre?) as he was taking the ball down on his chest in the box.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here