Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Walters

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    walters really has looked impressive recently, i wonder will trap be thinking of giving him any serious playing time in the playoffs after he cameo against armenia and subsequent form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    walters really has looked impressive recently, i wonder will trap be thinking of giving him any serious playing time in the playoffs after he cameo against armenia and subsequent form
    Well it looks like robbie will be fit, so that rules cox out, no doyle and injured long points to robbie/walters front two methinks for the first leg

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Well it looks like robbie will be fit, so that rules cox out, no doyle and injured long points to robbie/walters front two methinks for the first leg
    like the sound of that, but did he not start cox and robbie in the macedonia away match, whats to say he wouldn't do it again

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    like the sound of that, but did he not start cox and robbie in the macedonia away match, whats to say he wouldn't do it again
    Logically I would pair Keane with Walters, but as you say Keane and Cox were paired together in Macedonia, so cant see Trap starting with anything other than those 2 up front
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Yep, that's how I see it too. I'd pick Walters all day long, but I think trap favours Cox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Penalty to Stoke after Caldwell spread his arms to block a Cameron Jerome header. Walters steps up and powers the penalty low to Al-Habsi's right...1-1 and Wigan down to 10 men.

Just picked up an assist on Stoke's second. Great interplay between Stoke's front three...Crouch knocks it forward, Walters nods on to Jerome who provides a great finish from a tight angle.

2-2 now though, crazy few minutes.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 31/12/2011 at 3:46 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Great interview with Walters in the Irish Post - just read from 1st week of December.

Speaks absolutely volumes about the man as he took decisions to forgo big wages to drop divisions for family reasons - explains his years out of the limelight.

Also had not appreciated he was also a victim of a Givens grudge with the U21s.

Can't find a link - but if you can locate its a very good and insightful article.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It doesn't seem to be online. Can you scan it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It doesn't seem to be online. Can you scan it?
    Cant load (size restriction) a version which is readable - I can email if you pp me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    Cant load (size restriction) a version which is readable - I can email if you pp me.
    You can make a thumbnail or just link to an image.
    http://tinypic.com/
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Did Walters not drop out of a friendly squad last year because his wife was giving birth? Many of us, including me, questioned his commitment at the time but after reading the above article I can't blame him for wanting to be there for his wife.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I think the writer has confused two issues there. He missed the Carling Cup game as his wife was giving birth. He missed an FA Cup tie with the vomiting bug a few months earlier, before he joined Stoke.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Well done Paddy, it's a very good read.
    We're suckers for a story of an honest pro, responsible family man, loves and respects his mother, knows his roots, knocked down by Givens & Keane only to rise again and now standing taller than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    We could probably field an entire team of honest pros, responsible family man who love and respect their mothers, and were knocked down by Givens or Keane (or both) only to rise again and are now standing taller than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    I already meet 75% of those criteria and have no reticence about crossing Don or Roy. The dream lives on!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    The story is great. I just wish he had gotten a cap earlier on, during his time at Ipswich when he was playing well and the offers from the Premiership clubs were coming in. Still, he hasn't missed any major tournaments.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    We could probably field an entire team of honest pros, responsible family man who love and respect their mothers, and were knocked down by Givens or Keane (or both) only to rise again and are now standing taller than ever.

Okay, name them, fulfilling all of the above, but your example would have to be knocked down by both Givens and Keane (as I wrote) and are now in the team or knocking hard on the door.
    I now contend that Walters is unique, the only one that has bounced back from that type of adversity to a stronger position, both in club and international profile

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Havent read the article yet but given his form, the goals he gets and what he offers to us up front, he has to be on the plane to Poland. Dare I say this but I think he deserves to be in the squad ahead of Doyle based on form and what they offer in the forward line.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    elroy, the Euros aren't for another six months. "Form" is totally irrelevant at the moment and it would be very unusual if both he and Doyle weren't on the plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post

Okay, name them, fulfilling all of the above, but your example would have to be knocked down by both Givens and Keane (as I wrote) and are now in the team or knocking hard on the door.
    I now contend that Walters is unique, the only one that has bounced back from that type of adversity to a stronger position, both in club and international profile
    A good list of all the people Givens has alienated would help me narrow it down. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere with these stats.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast