Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunphy slams Keano?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Dunphy slams Keano?

What's this i hear about Eamo giving keano a kicking in today's star? Any truth to it?

Is Dunphy contradicting himself yet again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes. And Yes. (Kinda)

Eamon's job at the star is to sell papers. 2 people I know (who dont normally buy tabloids) today bought the Star to see "what the craic was". Eamon's work here is done.

He was basically ranting about Keane giving his opinions on everything- The Fai, Dave O leary, Premiership games in foreign lands, etc etc, and The Dunph came to the conclusion that Keane has spent so much time Fighting Bulshiitters that he has become one himself.
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I did not see the article but from what you say I think its funny that Keane always has gives a view on what is going on esp with the Ireland job. To be honest nearly everything he has said on the matter I have disagreed with.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Ha ha. Didn't see this either, but I wouldn't be surprised. Wait around long enough and Dunphy will flip flop on every single position he's ever taken on anything. Trappatoni beware. (I hope someone shows Roy a copy of the article - could be fun when they next meet )
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That "Bullshiiter" was an actual quote , by the way.

"Roy Keane has turned into a Bullshiitter"

Eamon Dunphy - The Star

"Keane was at it again last week, and it's becoming tedious.The Corkman has turned into Mr Rentaquote, spouting on about things he knows nothing about on a sickeningly regular basis.

When I collaborated with keane six years ago, he told me there were 2 types of people in the world he hated : "Politicians and Bullshiitters"

But he's turned into a Politicians and a Bullshiitter himself.
    "

Dunphy then goes on to describe the 'bullshiit' in question - O Leary, Venables, WAG's & England players. He reserved particular venom for Keanes willingness to discuss the Cork GAA strike, despite his not being aware of the facts & he concluded with a dissertation on Roy's opinon on playing EPL games abroad :
    "Virtually no-one else in the game is in favour of this nonsense (EPL games abroad) and it beggars belief that Keane has backed it. After all, he used to be very critical of the lengthy trips and physical demands on players from friendlies and so on.

Now he thinks it would be a great idea for Sunderland to play Wigan in Singapore. It's depressing
    "
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dunphy is great entertainment, I gave up taking him seriously about 10 years ago but if he wasnt around, you'd miss his bullsh1t.
    'I can't even remember when the Seventies was.' - ROBBIE KEANE

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I did not see the article but from what you say I think its funny that Keane always has gives a view on what is going
    You always hear him talkin about things other than Sunderland, but you can bet your ass he is only asking the questions of journos running low on copy.

Of course he doesnt just come out with these things of his own accord.

"We were looking good today and hopefully we can continue in this vein and keep picking up the points... and by the way I think that the FAI are making a hames of the Ireland manager situation"

Of course he never came out and said something without being baited into it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    2 years ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTM-abNEyk
    (Around 4:35, 8:30, 9:40)

Now:
    Dunphy: Roy’s full of bull

By Adrian Russell
    CONTROVERSIAL television pundit Eamon Dunphy — who helped Roy Keane pen his controversial autobiography — lunged two-footed, into the ‘bulls******g’ Sunderland manager with a remarkable tirade yesterday.

Former Ireland international Dunphy, who famously fell out with fellow Montrose panellist John Giles over Keane’s Saipan row with Mick McCarthy, now believes his former friend has been ‘sucked in’.

“I know Roy well and the one thing he hated when I knew him and when we were working on that book, he hated the bull**** that was part of manager-speak and part of player-speak,” Dunphy told RTÉ’s Pat Kenny Show on Radio 1 yesterday.

“And now he holds these lengthy press conferences every week in which he anoints David O’Leary to be the next Ireland manager, anoints Terry Venables as the next Ireland manager, he’s talked about the Cork GAA dispute, talked about how wonderful it is for the Premier League to play more games abroad and he’s just become rent-a-quote. And it’s quite extraordinary.

“This is a sharp, smart, outstanding human being and he’s just been sucked into that awful Premier League vacuousness and it’s sad to see Roy Keane bulls******g, but he is.

“But there you go. It happens.”
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishex...994-qqqx=1.asp
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Keane knows how the media works so I doubt he's unwittingly being hoodwinked into spouting the crap he has been spouting for so long.

He said over the last week that he'd love to manage Ireland but the present members of the association would have to leave for him to consider it. I can't think of a better reason for Delaney and co. to stay where they are for life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I did not see the article but from what you say I think its funny that Keane always has gives a view on what is going on esp with the Ireland job. To be honest nearly everything he has said on the matter I have disagreed with.
    he's only ever answering questions put to him by the press. probably delighted to be asked about the Irish situation, then gives something controversial which the press concentrate on rather than reporting on sunderlands relegation battle. pretty smart if you ask me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Dunphy finally sees through Roy Keane, wonder how long it'll take the other half of the country......

Keane's been at that sort of mischief for years, he's consistently used the media to get his own way from engineering his exit from Saipan to throwing out that little nugget in the aftermath a few months later when he said he'd consider playing for Ireland again if there was a charge in management purely to undermine McCarthy. Of course he then rejected Brian Kerr initially before coming back fro a final hurrah when he clearly wasn't up to it and what was essentially a PR exercise. He's very clever in the way he uses the media for his own ends, I'm amazed people have fallen for it for so long....
    Last edited by Drumcondra 69er; 12/02/2008 at 8:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Yes, he has slammed him and he also did it on his website as well. He named him as spoofer of the week

www.dunphytv.com
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondvillain View Post
    "[I]Keane was at it again last week, and it's becoming tedious.The Corkman has turned into Mr Rentaquote, spouting on about things he knows nothing about on a sickeningly regular basis.

The pot calling the kettle black
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    before coming back fro a final hurrah when he clearly wasn't up to it
    He was excellent against France. Also motm in his last game for Liverpool and his last game for Celtic. He was still a fantastic player when he retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Of course he doesnt just come out with these things of his own accord.
    . . . . . .
    Of course he never came out and said something without being baited into it...
    Cop on, he is not seven years old, he knows exactly what he is saying and if you have followed his career at all you would know he is well capable of offering an opinion without being asked or 'led' into it.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is this in the Ireland section? surely it's at best World football and at worse Current Affairs?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    He was excellent against France. Also motm in his last game for Liverpool and his last game for Celtic. He was still a fantastic player when he retired.
    Injured more often then not, was very poor for Celtic in general, he clearly wasn't up to it by then. He was alright against France, I wouldn't go as far as excellent and his coming back achieved nothing. It was a calculated attempt to win some sort of PR battle as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Keane won't sleep tonight........ who's worse for sensationalism? Hook or Dunphy?! At least they have opinions unlike Hansen, Shearer and co but I just wish they didn't change their minds so often.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondvillain View Post
    Yes. And Yes. (Kinda)

Eamon's job at the star is to sell papers. 2 people I know (who dont normally buy tabloids) today bought the Star to see "what the craic was". Eamon's work here is done.

He was basically ranting about Keane giving his opinions on everything- The Fai, Dave O leary, Premiership games in foreign lands, etc etc, and The Dunph came to the conclusion that Keane has spent so much time Fighting Bulshiitters that he has become one himself.

He's ABSOLUTELY right, the great Keano rebel is a sell-out....like a lot of so-called Rebels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Injured more often then not, was very poor for Celtic in general
    no he wasnt. in a couple of old firms he was outstanding

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast