Page 152 of 212 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    GreaT thing to tell you grandchildren, "I could not be arsed to play for my country"
    What an inspiration - lol.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 27/09/2010 at 4:35 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    571 Posts
    In fairness The Trap Meister did not waste too much energy on the follically challenged one.

Excellent judgement there from the wise old Italian fox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    I think our Stephen needs to realise it's not his choice if he'll play for Ireland again. Stephen saying that he'll never play for Ireland again is about as relevant as me saying I'm not available for selection - just like Stephen Ireland, the FAI/ Trapattoni & Co. have no intention of picking me for the team.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0926/irelands.html

Stephen Ireland has ruled out ever playing for the Republic of Ireland again despite a request from Ireland striker Andy Keogh to consider ending his international exile.

Giovanni Trapattoni's men are about to recommence their Euro 2012 qualifying campaign, with matches against Russia (8 October) and Slovakia (12 October) coming up, and Ireland revealed that Keogh had asked him to consider rejoining the squad.

He told the Sunday Times: 'I won't play for Ireland ever again. I actually spoke to Andy Keogh about this yesterday. He's just had a child, we've been texting and he was saying "please come back for this campaign," but it's not going to happen.

'I'm just so happy not playing international football. I haven't missed it. Not one bit. The international matches come and I get to spend more time with my children.'

The midfielder, who recently transferred to Aston Villa from Manchester City, has not played for Ireland since 2007 after lying about the reason he returned home from an away match against the Czech Republic.

The Cork native told officials he wanted to return home because his grandmother had died, but actually wanted to leave the squad because his girlfriend had had a miscarriage.
    We havent missed you either Stevie, not one bit. I would sooner have 22 Andy Keoghs in the squad that one Stephen Ireland.

The guy does more interviews than a big brother contestant, he is a full time joke. Good luck in your down warding spiraling career SI, dont ever expect a warm welcome back home, although you've probably forgotten where that is by now.

Heros like McGrath, Brady, Houghton, Kilbane, Bonner, Moran, Whelan, Giles etc etc have worn the Irish jersey and with pride, such a shame a number of caps were wasted on this clown. And its not like he was even a PP with dodgy Irish links, this man was born and bred here and grow up during the golden age of Irish football. Hard to understand but his loss, now if you really are that little bothered, shut up talking about it in the paper every few weeks like a good lad.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Watching McGeady in the Champions League this evening reminded me of the amount of abuse and hatred he and James McCarthy had to put up with after their decision to play for Ireland and yet they stuck by their decision. Ireland never had to deal with any of that and still walked away, really shows the character of the man
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    578 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Watching McGeady in the Champions League this evening reminded me of the amount of abuse and hatred he and James McCarthy had to put up with after their decision to play for Ireland and yet they stuck by their decision. Ireland never had to deal with any of that and still walked away, really shows the character of the man...
    ...and indeed, the character of McGeady and McCarthy.
    Last edited by The Fly; 28/09/2010 at 7:59 PM.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    ...and indeed, the character of McGeady and McCarthy.
    absolutely
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    I think we need more Photoshops
    Last edited by theworm2345; 29/09/2010 at 3:50 AM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    funny... he reminds me of Pittbull, the rapper...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    His little bald head and general idiocy means he reminds me of Karl Pilkington.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    This guy is gangerous but salvation is here http://www.marry-an-ugly-millionaire...ng-agency.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amaccann View Post
    His little bald head and general idiocy means he reminds me of Karl Pilkington.
    No, because Pilkington's idiocy is amusing and endearing. Stephen Ireland's just a self obsessed ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovidge View Post
    No, because Pilkington's idiocy is contrived and unfunny. Stephen Ireland's just a self obsessed ****.
    fixed that for you!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    571 Posts
    I drop in to this tread like people used to go to mental asylums to gape at the crazy people back in the day.

I don't feel good about myself but you just don't know what stunt the thread namee will pull to make himself look even more ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    I think our Stephen needs to realise it's not his choice if he'll play for Ireland again. Stephen saying that he'll never play for Ireland again is about as relevant as me saying I'm not available for selection - just like Stephen Ireland, the FAI/ Trapattoni & Co. have no intention of picking me for the team.
    I, too, hereby declare that I will never play for the Republic of Ireland. Since I passed 40 and received that knee injury I've never been the same. Could someone inform Trappa?

Anyone else like to make any declarations regarding their availability?

It's the fact that he feels the need to reiterate his desire not to play, that winds me up. If he changed his mind, though, I bet most people would accept it. You might not welcome him with open arms, but if he put a few performances in you'd be happy enough.

It's not gonna happen though, and I'd rather he shut up and got on with his 'international exile' in silence, instead of reminding us about it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Not for one moment would I want to defend a head the ball like Stevie I, I think we have to call it as we see it, the Irish media spinning and spurting up what gets Irish supporters and barstool fans talking. People who wouldn't know football outside of the big 4, and Liverpool, have heard about this young fella who was a serial killer, who turned out to not be a serial killer but an immature young lad who was trying to keep something personal personal, and instead of telling the truth messed up, something everyone has done at one stage or another. So these stories will always turn up as they bring up discussion, and why not, as time passes and he's turning out for Garforth Town, he'll be the best player never to play in a major championship, or win anything.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Not for one moment would I want to defend a head the ball like Stevie I, I think we have to call it as we see it, the Irish media spinning and spurting up what gets Irish supporters and barstool fans talking. People who wouldn't know football outside of the big 4, and Liverpool, have heard about this young fella who was a serial killer, who turned out to not be a serial killer but an immature young lad who was trying to keep something personal personal, and instead of telling the truth messed up, something everyone has done at one stage or another. So these stories will always turn up as they bring up discussion, and why not, as time passes and he's turning out for Garforth Town, he'll be the best player never to play in a major championship, or win anything.
    ... What? Thats just a long rant with no conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    That has to be the best drunken rant I have read on here. I think those Libyans might be after you like in Back to the Future.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    578 Posts
    Stephen's girlfriend/wife? is on RTE's "The Saturday Night Show" now.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He was very impressive today in Villa's three man midfield augmenting the attack. Pity he's a ****** because with displays like that he'd be a real option behind Kevin Doyle as the lone striker for Ireland.