147 26.68%
Page 140 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    I doubt he is Italian, Italians (and most Mediterraneans) tend to be rather hairy.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    What was the Italian link? Grandparent or something?
    Can't remember the link, might not have been mentioned in the interview. From what I remember, he said something like he knew he qualified for Italy and might declare for them. Pretty sure it was in FourFourTwo.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    I doubt he is Italian, Italians (and most Mediterraneans) tend to be rather hairy.
    The most famous Italians have always been baldy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The most famous Italians have always been baldy.
    Who aside from Mussolini?
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Attilio Lombaro. Does anything else need saying?
    May I hoke a reek?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Cannavaro is as well, although I think he shaves his head.
    Collina is bald, but I read before it was the result of a car accident
    Vialli was bald, presumably he still is

Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Berlusconi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    This is the second thread I have managed to derail by talking about baldness
    My Guarantee

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    What was the Italian link? Grandparent or something? You could well be right on his eligibility for England.

It seems he considered playing for either after Brian Kerr became Ireland manager. Kerr had previously told Stephen Ireland that he'd never play under him again after the huff he took at under-age level when he was left out of the team.
    He's eligible for both Italy and England and was approached by both of their under-21 managers after his falling out with Kerr over his availability where he rejected both of them. He basically said he'd play for Ireland under his own terms or he wouldn't play International soccer at all. He was never interested in switching allegiances.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Apparently Stephen England now wants a transfer out of Man City. Shame to see his career sliding Rumours of part exchange with Milner from Aston Villa. Now if he had been playing international football, his profile might have been a bit higher but.....
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Apparently Stephen England now wants a transfer out of Man City. Shame to see his career sliding Rumours of part exchange with Milner from Aston Villa. Now if he had been playing international football, his profile might have been a bit higher but.....
    Yeah!! Testament to his resiliance and mental strength... No big club is gonna take a punt on him. He hasn't got the head for a big club or a big dressing room. He'll be better served as a big fish in a small pond. I'm delighted I psted it in threads before about how he'll respond at the first sign of adversity. The Li'l B****!!!
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Man Utd could do with him.

If Villa get £20m plus Ireland for Milner they should be over the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Don't really see how Shakermaker. Same problem different club. He doesn't have the mental capacity to accept he's not going to be the first name on the teamsheet every week. I think he'll be lucky to get a club that'll be in Europe next season. The big fish analogy is correct. He'd be better off playing for a Sunderland or a Bolton who'd absolutely HAVE to play him to justify the outlay and wages.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    If anybody can get into the head of the balded one it's Fergie.

Ireland doesn't shy away from the ball (unlike Carrick, who just keeps letting Scholes do all the work) so I think he'd be a great signing for United. It's the type of creative player Man Utd are crying out for in the middle of the park. They might need a fully fit Hargreaves to cover him but if they get Ireland on the cheap then why not? I know the bloke is a **** but he's a quality midfielder and I imagine there will be a decent queue to sign him this summer.
    Last edited by shakermaker1982; 25/05/2010 at 2:24 PM. Reason: cheap not slide!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    If anybody can get into the head of the balded one it's Fergie.

Ireland doesn't shy away from the ball (unlike Carrick, who just keeps letting Scholes do all the work) so I think he'd be a great signing for United. It's the type of creative player Man Utd are crying out for in the middle of the park. They might need a fully fit Hargreaves to cover him but if they get Ireland on the slide then why not? I know the bloke is a **** but he's a quality midfielder and I imagine there will be a decent queue to sign him this summer.
    He's not afraid of the ball, true. He's afraid of accountability and ownership. He was afraid to go Bald ffs. (And I've been bald since the same age he went)

I disagree man. It's true fergie has gotten the best out of some "temperamental" types in the past but not in the way Ireland is. How do you think Ireland would have reacted had he been treated like Rooney before this season ( not played in his favoured roles to accomadate Ronaldo tevez etc). I read Ferguson say something before about the weight of Old Trafford crippling players and it takes a certain player to overcome it (Think he cited Neill Webb as an example. Could be wrong).

Take his pursuit of Hargreaves for example. He's an OK player that had been around a while at the time. I sincerely believe his thick skin and ability to turn it around after the abuse he got from fans whilst playing for England (plus coming from another big) was as much a factor in that signing as anything he could do with the ball.

Irelands gonna be one of those players that has a falling out of some sort with someone wherever he goes ah la Stan Collymore, Pat Scully, Craig Bellamy etc
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    He's not afraid of the ball, true. He's afraid of accountability and ownership. He was afraid to go Bald ffs. (And I've been bald since the same age he went)

I disagree man. It's true fergie has gotten the best out of some "temperamental" types in the past but not in the way Ireland is. How do you think Ireland would have reacted had he been treated like Rooney before this season ( not played in his favoured roles to accomadate Ronaldo tevez etc). I read Ferguson say something before about the weight of Old Trafford crippling players and it takes a certain player to overcome it (Think he cited Neill Webb as an example. Could be wrong).

Take his pursuit of Hargreaves for example. He's an OK player that had been around a while at the time. I sincerely believe his thick skin and ability to turn it around after the abuse he got from fans whilst playing for England (plus coming from another big) was as much a factor in that signing as anything he could do with the ball.

Irelands gonna be one of those players that has a falling out of some sort with someone wherever he goes ah la Stan Collymore, Pat Scully, Craig Bellamy etc
    I think Ireland believes in his ability whereas those players like Webb and Birtles crumbled because they didn't back themself 100% & were taken outside their comfort ground (City Ground). Ireland is by all accounts a dedicated trainer and somebody who is always looking to improve himself.

Ireland hasn't fallen apart this season, he's just unhappy that he is getting very little game time since Mancini took over. I think it's a good sign that a player wants to play football and isn't content to just sit on the bench picking up his wages (Liam Lawrence is another). Ireland might struggle off the field mentally but when he's playing football he is switched on. I've never seen him do a Sol Cambell on the pitch and so long as he performs week in week out then I'm sure Fergie/Wenger/O'Neill would consider giving him a contract. Any time I have watched City the last two years he is usually the best player on the pitch.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    It would be a hard offer for Villa to turn down, Stephen Ireland plus £20m cash

I would have thought Bellamy is more to MON's taste, a made to measure MON type player.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    He seems to have a bump on his head here.
    Never noticed that before, is it new?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...t-exchange-as-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    since he was dropped on his head as a young fella, id say...

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It would be a hard offer for Villa to turn down, Stephen Ireland plus £20m cash

I would have thought Bellamy is more to MON's taste, a made to measure MON type player.
    Yea, Man City must have money to burn, I mean last season Stephen Ireland was 'as big as' Millner is now.
    However it looks like the 'glory days' are over for S.I, I expect he feel rather insulted at being valued at
    £20 million less then Miliner.