Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McShane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You still haven't answered my question about the Koller goal BMC.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    You still haven't answered my question about the Koller goal BMC.
    He was turned far to easily IMO. No excuses for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmanCas View Post
    So you are saying he shouldn't have be named in this particular 'Premierships Numpties XI' because why? - he had a good game against spurs on the first day of the season. Face facts! Smell the Coffee! Whether or not the Numpties X1 is the opinion of one fan or not, the fact remains he would be on most peoples team sheet if they were to choose. It just so happens that it has been the only 'Numpties XI' I've seen to date - whether or not it was on F365 and subjective is not the issue.
    Fair enough, I just wouldn't consider the opinion of one fan on a letters page to be worth posting

He was turned far to easily IMO. No excuses for that.
    What about O'Shea's involvement in it?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So you are saying he shouldn't have be named in this particular 'Premierships Numpties XI' because why? - he had a good game against spurs on the first day of the season. Face facts! Smell the Coffee! Whether or not the Numpties X1 is the opinion of one fan or not, the fact remains he would be on most peoples team sheet if they were to choose. It just so happens that it has been the only 'Numpties XI' I've seen to date - whether or not it was on F365 and subjective is not the issue.

BMC did you write this particular letter to f365 by any chance?
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    the fact remains he would be on most peoples team sheet if they were to choose.
    That's not a fact, it's a hypothetical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    In Summary, things are so bad now that I am in praying for Andy o Brien to change his mind...

I think Paul McShane is done, another Gary Breen...
    might work out for some lower division club somewhere but not international level or english premiership
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    In Summary, things are so bad now that I am in praying for Andy o Brien to change his mind...

might work out for some lower division club somewhere but not international level or english premiership
    Honestly the same old rubbish trotted out time and time again, Breen may not have been as talented as McGrath or Moran but he gave it his best and gave us great service down the years, had a fine WC in 02. O'Brien likewise has been very solid for Ireland. Their record is good and they can be proud of what they accomplished.

McShane is in a real slump right now, he needs to get his confidence back but he lacks height and turn of speed. But he is still young and probably has the strength of character to recover, whether his level is Premier League or Championship is tbd, though certainly looking like the latter right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sorry for repeating myself yet again but lack of height doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest if he can put in motm performances against Koller, Berbatov, B.McCarthy and Davies. Put him at centre half, let him man mark a target man and he's proven he can eat them up.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone is making sense at last!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    He's still young, it's not like he's not going to learn, or improve in the next few years. Dunne played for a season in the Championship with Man City, and when they were promoted was dropped from the side. Nobody at that point could have predicted what kind of player he was going to become.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    He's 21. He's career's just starting, relax.

He will be 22 when the season starts and he won’t be any better. I think the Keane is in a better position to judge if McShane is a centre back or not and it’s quite obvious he does not think so. If he does not play him there when the regular centre backs are injured he never will.He may have played a good game there against the more recognised strikers like Koller, Berbatov, etc and done well due to they being on the bigger side, but he cant choose who he will get paired with and smaller strikers like Martins and Owen would take him apart as it proved on Sunday. He may play better when paired with Dunne but who will guide him when Dunne is injured?

He needs to get out of Sunderland and find a club who are willing to take the risk of playing him in the centre. If he proves me wrong and plays like a centre should marking all type of strikers not just the bigger ones I will hold my hand up. In the meantime though he is just not good enough and inspires no confidence in me whatsoever.
    Last edited by FarBeag; 23/04/2008 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag View Post
    He will be 22 when the season starts and he won’t be any better. I think the Keane is in a better position to judge if McShane is a centre back or not and it’s quite obvious the he does not think so. If he does not play him there when the regular centre backs are injured he never will.
    The partnership is far more important than the individual players and McShane has had some nightmares beside both Higginbottom and Nosworthy. In saying that, I'm sure he would have done well against Viduka.

btw, if Dunne is injured we're screwed no matter who we play.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The partnership is far more important than the individual players and McShane has had some nightmares beside both Higginbottom and Nosworthy. In saying that, I'm sure he would have done well against Viduka.

If this is the case then we should give Paddy McCarthy or Sean St Ledger a go. I know they play in the Championship but they are regular centres who play there week in week out. Yeah it’s frightening to have to rely on Dunne being fit or suspension free for us to have any hope in this group.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exactly. Dunne and McShane have generally looked solid together. However, if McShane was paired with O'Shea or O'Brien I'd be very worried, but I'd also be worried if it was an O'Shea-O'Brien partnership. Dunne is experienced and has enough football intelligence to help McShane through games, the others don't.

As for the F365 worst 11 of the year, F365 is a s**tty tabloid-esque site and I wouldn't pay too much attention to what people write on there. Besides, I could give you my worst 11 of the season, but I'd have watched most of the players 1 or 2 times and caught highlights for the rest of them. The only people who could properly decide a team/worst team of the season relatively accurately are people who have watched each team about 20 times during the season.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

FFS! Do you even remember Gary Breen playing for Ireland? Such a stupid comparison. Despite Breen's dodgy club form at times his performances in an Ireland shirt were extremely solid-he rarely let us down and was a model pro.

McShane would be doing very well at this stage to even get close to Breen's consistency when playing for Ireland.
    I

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You can’t compare Breen and McShane. Breen may have been prone to the odd mistake but he was a miles better player than McShane. He was a leader for a start and his positional sense was much better, well most of the time anyway. I wish he was a few years younger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    You can’t compare Breen and McShane. Breen may have been prone to the odd mistake but he was a miles better player than McShane. He was a leader for a start and his positional sense was much better, well most of the time anyway. I wish he was a few years younger.
    Not a chance mate, Cunningham told him where to go and what to do.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    He will be 22 when the season starts and he won’t be any better. I think the Keane is in a better position to judge if McShane is a centre back or not and it’s quite obvious he does not think so. If he does not play him there when the regular centre backs are injured he never will..
    Not entirely correct. All that decision on Sunday showed was that he thinks McShane's a better rightfull than Higanbotham.

Had it just been Evans that was unnavailabe then that would have been a true reflection on where evans is in the pecking order.

He'll be given another year at Sunderland I reckon, and rightly so. He has had more than just one good game at the start of the season as some here seem to think. I've seen every televised game this Season involving Sunderland. I dunno what the frame of reference is for some people's opinions. Paul McShane is a brutal full back is about all i'll agree with....
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post

He may have but I assessed Breen as quite vocal and a good organiser. I think they both complimented each other. He wasn’t afraid to have a go at Keano either. Out of interest would you play McShane before him if he was still in his prime?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I didnt know ye guys were mates?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast