Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1520

Thread: Damien Duff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    What is the logic of the man coming out today and saying McClean wont start against Germany?!? Like what good does it do, for either party?!?
    Because last time he turned up for a series of games not knowing if he'd start or not he handled the disappointment so maturely didn't he? It makes perfect sense to outline his place so he doesn't become a liability to morale again.

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Watching the highlights of Fulham-West Brom and Duff is looking absolutely dynamite, as he has did in Fulham's earlier games this season. I know it's only highlights but he seems to be in top form, and is even running at players at pace again, which I haven't seen him consistently do in a long time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    A few comments from friendsoffulham on his season so far:

he's been playing like a man possessed this season and obviously is thriving on the idea of playing with Berbatov and under Jol - it's almost like he seems to think we can really start going places with this team.
    Playing as well as I've ever seen him in his career
    Another busy performance from him, solid with a couple of really nice moments he appears to be having a great start to the season. imagine he's a real pain in the a*** to play against.
    always feel safe to have him in the team, esp with a purportedly weak CM.
    5th highest points scoring midfielder in the fantasy league too which I'm plenty pleased about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Just came across this. Seems rather odd, but apparently Damien has been knocked back to 99 caps: http://footballrepublic.ie/duff-99-c...290#f17fc000cc

Damien Duff will not have 100 Irish caps to his name after all because of the Hungarian FA. Remember the friendly between Ireland and Hungary just before Euro 2012 which ended 0-0? Well it turns that the referee of that game Kenn Hansen from Denmark was not appointed correctly by the Hungarian FA according to Fifa, and a spokesperson from football’s governing body has told the Star that the game could not now be registered as an “A” match. The game has not been included on Fifa’s official list of results for Ireland and the result has not been included in calculating the rankings. This could also mean Ireland dropping in the Fifa World Rankings from their current standing of 26th place.
    What a shambles. Although, on the other hand, what greater enticement to return for the Germany game?...

Presumably, everyone who played in that game will also lose the cap they thought they'd picked up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Its tough luck on Duffer, maybe for the Greece game in November he could be brought on as a sub near the end to give him that 100 th cap. Or an alternative view is - serves him right for retiring before his time !

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    99 is a number which has that most cherished connotation.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Silly ruling and a nuisance for him but doubt something so trivial would sway his decision whether to come back or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    FAI statement on the issue....

http://www.fai.ie/international/senior-men/102762.html

It appears that its up to the national association to decide when caps are / are not awarded. no issue so

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    thats right according to extratime.ie he will get a cap for that game.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    A few comments from friendsoffulham on his season so far:

5th highest points scoring midfielder in the fantasy league too which I'm plenty pleased about.
    Yes I had noticed he seems to playing as well as he has ever played, which is great but
    a pity he no longer plays for us.
    16th in these stats.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2012-2013

You have to page down to past 80th for the next Irish.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts
    The guy who sits next to me at work goes to Fulham a lot and says Duff was superb recently, best form yet since joining Fulham.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Yes I had noticed he seems to playing as well as he has ever played, which is great but
    a pity he no longer plays for us.
    16th in these stats.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2012-2013

You have to page down to past 80th for the next Irish.
    The stat worth noting there is his pass percentage of 95.4% which is the highest in the league by a fair margin, its even higher than everyone in La Liga bar Xavi on 96.5% (http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206...Liga-2012-2013) which is incredible and exactly the reason firstly why he's so critical to us and secondly why he'd make a fantastic central midfielder when his legs go.

John O'Shea and Stephen Ireland are the only other Irishmen who crack 80% let alone 90.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    The stat worth noting there is his pass percentage of 95.4% which is the highest in the league by a fair margin, its even higher than everyone in La Liga bar Xavi on 96.5% (http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206...Liga-2012-2013) which is incredible and exactly the reason firstly why he's so critical to us and secondly why he'd make a fantastic central midfielder when his legs go.

John O'Shea and Stephen Ireland are the only other Irishmen who crack 80% let alone 90.
    Are McCarthy (93%) and Gibson (83.3%) not Irish? Fair enough on missing McCarthy since he has the Scottish flag next to his name. Incidentally I e-mailed this site last season querying why they had McCarthy as Scottish and not Irish and they still haven't been bothered to fix it. Maybe the site is run by a Scot...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    I must have missed Gibson, I was looking via flags which would explain McCarthy. Noticed Danny Simpson has an Irish flag flag as well for whatever reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Duffer has scored again
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    An angled strike past Al-Absi into the corner from the edge of the area. Come back to us Damo...
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    This is getting ridiculous at this stage. With the form he's in, if he even played the Germany game and then retired, I'd be more than happy with that!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Seems to be really enjoying the better players around him that Fulham have gained in the past few months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Lovely goal, just seen it. Right footed laser across the keeper. Beauty.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts

Seems like he had a bad day at the office today he is down to 92.2 on passing and drops from 1st to 14th!!
    He dis however score today.

But note only one player with a better pass rate has scored a goal, Duff has three, most have none
    because they are defenders. And 3 goals from 5 games for duff, that is practically a whole seasons worth for him!

Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast