Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 190 of 407 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 8125

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Bohemians are selling a piece of land for what is quite possibly much less than what it is worth on the open market and relinquishing ownership rights in order to stay in dalymount and have some redevelopment..... I'm not sure how having something to sell and selling it is the same as spending grant money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Ok Dundalk Municipal District, you can have Oriel Park for nothing and redevelop the place for our use, great deal for you as Bohs sold Dalymount for less that its market value!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Ok Dundalk Municipal District, you can have Oriel Park for nothing and redevelop the place for our use, great deal for you as Bohs sold Dalymount for less that its market value!!
    Oriel is in private ownership , Dundalk FC don't have a say as to what happens the ground.It would be great if Louth CC could buy it and develop it
    Bohs sold the ground as a sporting venue.Could have sold it to property developers and embark on that grizzly carousel again, thanks be to jaysus we didn't.
    Yep , clash of the public authority tenants next Friday, sponsored by the New Land League.Three F's for all!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Oriel is in private ownership , Dundalk FC don't have a say as to what happens the ground.
    As I understand it, Oriel is held in trust for football in Dundalk. The club pay for upkeep and develop and can use it commercially, same as Sligo's Showgrounds.

Bohs sold the ground as a sporting venue.Could have sold it to property developers and embark on that grizzly carousel again
    Not unless the land was rezoned from a sporting venue. Which it wouldn't be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    As I understand it, Oriel is held in trust for football in Dundalk.
    Dont mention the war!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    As I understand it, Oriel is held in trust for football in Dundalk. The club pay for upkeep and develop and can use it commercially, same as Sligo's Showgrounds.

Not unless the land was rezoned from a sporting venue. Which it wouldn't be.
    As I said, Oriel in private hands, Casey family. Long may that continue, am very fond of Oriel Pk.
    All academic at this stage but FYI there was a recent proposal from a developer (this year) to buy Dalymount, and received no support from the members as the focus has quite rightly been on saving the club , the ground and discharging our debts.
    Beating Rovers next week and saving the hay, would make it a perfect June.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well unless the developer is on DCC he couldn't rezone the land either. In this day and age, nobody is going to pay commercial prices for recreationally-zoned land.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Well unless the developer is on DCC he couldn't rezone the land either. In this day and age, nobody is going to pay commercial prices for recreationally-zoned land.
    Yep, nobody in their right mind, but we're talking about developers here.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    I have mixed feelings, great that Dalymount will live on but I thought that it was going to be renamed Delaneymount Park.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I have mixed feelings, great that Dalymount will live on but I thought that it was going to be renamed Delaneymount Park.
    Don't be daft. He's notoriously private. He won't name it after himself. Emma English Park is what I heard.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Is there any plans online of what is planned for Dalymount? What will the capacity be?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Planned Development

Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    Is there any plans online of what is planned for Dalymount? What will the capacity be?

I reckon you are looking at something similar to Tallaght.
    There is already one good modern stand in Dalymount with a capacity of about 3,000 seats, known as the "Jodi Stand", while the rest of the ground is really in a poor state and unsafe.

Probably another stand opposite the Jodi with a similar capacity.
    There will be nothing done behind the goals initially, just like Tallaght. A capacity of around 5/6,000 should be sufficient for Bohs. A general clean up by clearing the areas behind each goal is all you could expect. Think along the lines of the Derry City redevelopment.

I can't see a huge amount of money being allocated after that.

You won't see a nice all seated 10,000 stadium, with our politics, it would just be lost in red tape, black tape...........we all know how it goes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Good Luck to Bohs, hope it turn out to be a little Gem of a stadium, god knows the league needs better stadiums

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    In terms of the site size, there would be scope for a much bigger stand than the Jodi on the opposite side. I'd expect you could get a higher capacity than it or other features over there.

I take it the entire unused terrace behind the shops is going to retail? There has to be some access space left there, look odd if its a wall or building just a next to the pitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    These days you need enough access or space to exit the stadium safely too which will mean smaller stands. The ally way at the back of the Connaught road stand is very narrow.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    These days you need enough access or space to exit the stadium safely too which will mean smaller stands. The ally way at the back of the Connaught road stand is very narrow.
    The very reason why Casement Park in Belfast is facing planning problems (that and local opposition )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrocket View Post
    The very reason why Casement Park in Belfast is facing planning problems (that and local opposition )
    GAA vanity project and getting the opposition it deserves!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    A 10,000 seater redeveloped Dalymount would make a nice venue for the FAI Cup final. Instead of a two thirds empty Aviva, you'd have a packed Dalymount, with tickets for the final becoming highly sought after due to the limited capacity.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    I'd like to think it could be pushed closer to a 15k stadium to cater for the likes of cup finals and less appealing international fixtures that wouldnt sell-out the Aviva. It would also help do away with a cup finalist playing at 'home' unless Bohs and Rovers meet - then a move to the Aviva (or Turners Cross for the laugh) is possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedwood View Post
    A 10,000 seater redeveloped Dalymount would make a nice venue for the FAI Cup final. Instead of a two thirds empty Aviva, you'd have a packed Dalymount, with tickets for the final becoming highly sought after due to the limited capacity.
    It'd be 1/5 empty for 20 other games a year though. It'd be like expanding Tallaght to 20k when realistically we never go over 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I'd like to think it could be pushed closer to a 15k stadium to cater for the likes of cup finals and less appealing international fixtures that wouldnt sell-out the Aviva. It would also help do away with a cup finalist playing at 'home' unless Bohs and Rovers meet - then a move to the Aviva (or Turners Cross for the laugh) is possible.
    Does the Aviva naming rights not restrict internationals to Lansdowne for the time being?