Page 137 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4563

Thread: Aiden McGeady M Ayr Utd b.1986

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Let him say his piece. Interesting bloke.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    I hate this mentality where you get these whingers trying to ban people when they say something they don't like or find mildly offensive. Join ourweecountry.com. You'd be more at home there as they ban anyone for not towing the party line.

If you don't like what he says you can click the ignore option on his profile and you won't see any of his messages again. No need to go whining for him to be banned even if he does talk rubbish most of the time.
    Last edited by youngirish; 23/08/2010 at 12:35 AM.

3. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    ourweecountry.com

what a laugh coming from a Republic fan, most of your players in the last 2 decades have come from either Scotland or England matey. apart from Duff or Keane can you give me a half decent player from Ireland who is ACTUALLY Irish.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Shay Given? Best 'keeper in the Premiership over the past decade, in my humble opinion.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Shay Given? Best 'keeper in the Premiership over the past decade, in my humble opinion.
    ok I'll give you that but that feckwit McArrrrrrry let him go from Celtic at 18 or so because he thought he was too small. probably our worst manager ever after Mowbray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho View Post
    ourweecountry.com

what a laugh coming from a Republic fan, most of your players in the last 2 decades have come from either Scotland or England matey. apart from Duff or Keane can you give me a half decent player from Ireland who is ACTUALLY Irish.
    Of our current squad, 18 out of 25 players were born in Ireland. This doesn't include the injured David Meyler, the overlooked Andy Reid, or the self-exiled Stephen Ireland, all of whom are Irish-born. Of the expected starting line-up in Armenia, only Liam Lawrence and, if selected, Kevin Kilbane will be English-born.

I don't have overall stats for every player that has represented Ireland in the last 20 years, but out of the better/more influential Irish players to have debuted in the last 20 years, I give you Roy Keane, Denis Irwin, Gary Kelly, Kenny Cunningham, Shay Given, Steve Finnan, Stephen Carr, Ian Harte, Richard Dunne, John O'Shea, Andy Reid, Glenn Whelan, Kevin Doyle. You might also consider Stephen Ireland. In short, the vast majority of our most important players have been Irish-born.

We had an Irish-born majority in our 2002 World Cup squad.

Out of our 1998 European Youth Championship-winning squad, Liam George was the only English-born player (apart from the London-born, Dublin raised Stephen McPhail).

Out of our last team to compete in the World Youth Cup in 2003, only Darren Potter and David Bell were English-born.

Of the current Irish U-21 team, only four players (Kiernan, Onyebanjo, McCarthy and Mason) out of eighteen are UK-born.

As we can see from the patterns in underage and senior teams, it's nonsense to say that 'most' of our players are English or Scottish-born.

It's not aidinho's opinions I have a problem with; we can argue the merits of McGeady vs. Lawrence all day, it's pretty subjective. It's the sweeping, prejudiced, narrow-minded generalisations, with no thought or resources whatsoever, that are clearly designed as wind-ups, that get my goat.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I'm seriously beginning to doubt whether he's even a Celtic fan from Scotland at all.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Celtic's 'association' with Ireland owes itself to mass immigration to Glasgow in the 19th century.

Yet aidinho, who sees himself as being of this 'Irish' tradition, is completely unwilling (as seen on other threads) to accept the Irishness of 2nd or 3rd generation Irish people in England.

Bizarre logic.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme feet View Post
    Of our current squad, 18 out of 25 players were born in Ireland. This doesn't include the injured David Meyler, the overlooked Andy Reid, or the self-exiled Stephen Ireland, all of whom are Irish-born. Of the expected starting line-up in Armenia, only Liam Lawrence and, if selected, Kevin Kilbane will be English-born.

I don't have overall stats for every player that has represented Ireland in the last 20 years, but out of the better/more influential Irish players to have debuted in the last 20 years, I give you Roy Keane, Denis Irwin, Gary Kelly, Kenny Cunningham, Shay Given, Steve Finnan, Stephen Carr, Ian Harte, Richard Dunne, John O'Shea, Andy Reid, Glenn Whelan, Kevin Doyle. You might also consider Stephen Ireland. In short, the vast majority of our most important players have been Irish-born.

We had an Irish-born majority in our 2002 World Cup squad.

Out of our 1998 European Youth Championship-winning squad, Liam George was the only English-born player (apart from the London-born, Dublin raised Stephen McPhail).

Out of our last team to compete in the World Youth Cup in 2003, only Darren Potter and David Bell were English-born.

Of the current Irish U-21 team, only four players (Kiernan, Onyebanjo, McCarthy and Mason) out of eighteen are UK-born.

As we can see from the patterns in underage and senior teams, it's nonsense to say that 'most' of our players are English or Scottish-born.

It's not aidinho's opinions I have a problem with; we can argue the merits of McGeady vs. Lawrence all day, it's pretty subjective. It's the sweeping, prejudiced, narrow-minded generalisations, with no thought or resources whatsoever, that are clearly designed as wind-ups, that get my goat.
    ok mate I think you made your point after 5 paragraphs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme feet View Post
    Celtic's 'association' with Ireland owes itself to mass immigration to Glasgow in the 19th century.

Yet aidinho, who sees himself as being of this 'Irish' tradition, is completely unwilling (as seen on other threads) to accept the Irishness of 2nd or 3rd generation Irish people in England.

Bizarre logic.
    I'm 2nd generation Irish so I don't like England full stop. nothing more to say on the matter.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    ok mate I think you made your point after 5 paragraphs.
    OK mate, maybe you then should think before you post and not try and wind people up with boring clichés about "ho, ho, shur your team's all English anyway har har". Frankly that's the kind of idiocy I'd expect from an Englishman really.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    So you'd like Forrest to represent Ireland if possible.....only to slate him for doing so in your next breath, for being and Scotsman?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho
    people on here seem to think I'm sort of an idiot because I only post late night
    Foot.ie is open 24/7 365 days a year. You are free to post when you want.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Aidan (The poster !)? Yer making yourself look silly.

Been there, done that. As in where you have/seem to be. Take a chill pill FFS.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Spartak have just (last week) signed the Kombarov twins from Dinamo Moscow. Kirill and Dimitri both play as wingers (left and right) so I do wonder what this will mean for McGeady now, both are 23, and both will probably represent Russia in the not too distant future. I would imagine they could play Kirill at right back but they are both primarily wing players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    Spartak have just (last week) signed the Kombarov twins from Dinamo Moscow. Kirill and Dimitri both play as wingers (left and right) so I do wonder what this will mean for McGeady now, both are 23, and both will probably represent Russia in the not too distant future. I would imagine they could play Kirill at right back but they are both primarily wing players
    I heard one of the twins was interesting Tottenham. They were going to welcome him by singing 'Nice one, Kiril'.

21. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    With a joke nearly 40 years old???

You need to get out more....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    No need to go whining for him to be banned even if he does talk rubbish most of the time.
    I don't agree. His tone and content is outright offensive. If I was a newcomer browsing this forum and reading his contribution I'd never return. Let's try and get (at least this part) of the forum back to what it used to be & what it's supposed to be - a platform for people with something to say about the Irish national team, positive or negative, to exchange views. I don't care about toeing any "party line" - anything goes, but Aidinho's contribution is just unadulderated rubbish.

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I don't agree. His tone and content is outright offensive. If I was a newcomer browsing this forum and reading his contribution I'd never return. Let's try and get (at least this part) of the forum back to what it used to be & what it's supposed to be - a platform for people with something to say about the Irish national team, positive or negative, to exchange views. I don't care about toeing any "party line" - anything goes, but Aidinho's contribution is just unadulderated rubbish.
    The forum used to encourage people to come on and spout whatever opinions they liked about football without much fear of being banned or suspended. Eirebhoy was fairly forgiving with people's ramblings once they didn't become too offensive or agressive. You get much less leeway now.

Aidinho hasn't said anything particularly offensive or agressive. People spouting unmitigated garbage qualifies as neither and that's all he's guilty off yet you have members crawling out of the woodwork suggesting he should be banned. We've turned into a nation of militant politically correct lunatics just like our friends across the water.

As I said earlier just ignore his posts if he annoys you.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Aidinho hasn't said anything particularly offensive or agressive.
    aye the ra ra the IRA.
    I think there are plenty who find this talk, and talk of RPGs etc quite offensive and aggressive. It's supposed to be a thread about Aiden McGeady.

27. Thanks From: